• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
According to the general Wikipedia page
his body produces pheromones which allow him to verbally control the actions of others.
So it seems like that's how it is. I'm only on Ep. 6 so I have no idea if they go in depth on the show.

Hmmm. ep 6

Makes sense. I just came to the scene in episode 6 where he gets a whole restaurant to be quite. I think they also mention that it's time and distance. So the further you are away from him, the effect will wear off.

Episode 6

Yo damn, Kilgrave is ruthless.

Interesting™. I wonder what's on the flash drive.

Ha, that Backseat Freestyle in the greenhouse. And dayum, Luke was playing no games with them goons. I was hoping one of them would pull a knife and try stabbing him, only to see the knife bend or break. The look on his face would've been priceless.

Oh man, the bus scene. :(

And what the hell is Trinity about to do with that fetus?

Also, I knew who's house that was the moment he wanted to buy it. Kil is reaching new heights in the stalker game.

Random aside, but I can't believe how much I enjoy Trish Walker. This show has done a lot to make her a likable character when most others would have made her so annoying.

BokehKing

Banned
Geezus hell
Just finished episode 1 moving slow at first.....but that

dark twisted fuuuuuuucked up shit that happens with that poor girls parents, I wasn't ready for that at all
Made me very uncomfortable , but at the same time, really dragged me in

I've been wondering is Luke as strong as Captain America or just more durable?

Comic wise Luke is way stronger then Cap. Not sure so far in this series seeing that he hasn't really shown how strong he is.

However Cap can't
Punch a bus
like Luke can in the movies so I think it's safe to assume Luke is stronger.

JSevere

Watched the first four episodes and I'm really enjoying it. Great tone and style. Ritter is wonderful in the title role but Colter and Tennant elevate the show to god-tier status imo, they're so good!
screamed at the bar fight scene in ep 2 with Luke showing off incredible amounts of swagger, taking those hits like they nothing, and tossing folks aside with no effort
(ep 2)
felt real chills when Kilgrave went in that family's home and mindcontrolled everybody with no hint of remorse or care whatsoever
(ep 3)

Kalentan

Comic wise Luke is way stronger then Cap. Not sure so far in this series seeing that he hasn't really shown how strong he is.

However Cap can't
Punch a bus
like Luke can in the movies so I think it's safe to assume Luke is stronger.

So in a fight do you think MCU Luke could beat MCU Captain?

Magwik

Banned
Episode 7
lol supermax
"I'll get you a public defender" Was hoping for Murdoch
Also jesus christ that police station

I hope this gets better. I look like I'm in the minority, but 2 episodes in and I'm not digging it. My biggest complaints so far:

1) Writing lacks subtlety
2) Ritter is not a good actress (Not terrible) or the dialogue she is given is not great. Not sure which yet.
3) This is picky, but Jessica answered the phone twice in the first episode, and while on it we can clearly see it is still ringing. She breaks into a room at one point and we hear the chain lock snap as the door opens, but the broken chain link is already dangling there motionless....it was obvious it was simply broken and they started filming instead of making the damn thing break on screen when she opened the door. And her figuring out in episode 2
Killgrave's weakness is....what? He is weak against the same thing we all are---bullets! Why was discovering something that would be a pain in the ass to use against him a eureka moment?

Something is just off in this show, and I don't know what yet. Luke is only likeable part at moment.

evanmisha

Just finished episode 6. Loving it. I'm imagining a world where Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist seasons all come out 3 months apart. That would make me very, very happy.

Has Daredevil season 2 wrapped yet?

Dysun

Saw the first four episodes. Krysten Ritter and Colter are perfectly cast.

Fight choreography could be a little better, but Marvel has another winner on their hands.

Kalentan

Saw the first four episodes. Krysten Ritter and Colter are perfectly cast.

Fight choreography could be a little better, but Marvel has another winner on their hands.

I think the problem with the fight scenes is that... well, neither Jessica nor Luke could really fight anyone. They keep throwing people around because if they actually punched them, there was a decent chance it would kill them outright.

mreddie

And is getting bigger.

With punishment.

2015-10-12_12_50_09.0.gif

Man this show goes places. I enjoyed DD a bit more but this is a hell of a show. Kilgrave is creepy as fuck. loving Luke Cage. got 3 episodes left.

Dysun

I think the problem with the fight scenes is that... well, neither Jessica nor Luke could really fight anyone. They keep throwing people around because if they actually punched them, there was a decent chance it would kill them outright.

Fair point since they are brawlers who get by on brute force.
A little jarring to switch from Daredevil to this nonetheless

They are around Spider-Man level strength and he punches thugs all day.

Top Bottom