• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

really liking it so far but some of the sex scenes and dialog associated with it after are truly cringe worthy.

girl: u definitely got sum talent
guy: u ain't too shabby yourself miss tits 'n vag!
girl: we r talking about the sex we just had rite?

girl: U READY 4 SOME MORE?
guy: NO I'M NOT HUNGRY NE MORE
girl: I WASN'T TALKIN BOUT DINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill probably finish it up this weekend. 2 for 2 with marvel/netflix! (daredevil was great)

Trey

This show probably has me the most conflicted out of any show I've watched in recent memory. Some decent stuff, but equal amounts fluff and downright bad.

This show probably has me the most conflicted out of any show I've watched in recent memory. Some decent stuff, but equal amounts fluff and downright bad.

I'm really enjoying it. It's a fun show...but it's not great. Has more in common with the CW stuff and abc shows (i assume, haven't seen the marvel abc stuff) with more polish than it does legit TV dramas.

It's about what you should expect coming from somebody who worked on Dexter.

Daredevil had a much better initial batch of episodes than this for sure. I'm really enjoying Jessica and Kilgrave. The rest are kinda corny. The cop guy especially sounds like Mac from Always Sunny but played straight, such a bizarre choice of dialogue for his character half the time. Coming from Bendis and netflix marvel I thought it would be a better show. But at least I'm enjoying it.

Mengetsu

Just finished the show and enjoyed it very much but it does have some flaws. Overall the pros outweighed the cons and I watched it all the way through. Killgrave is a sick villain and very well written. Just waiting to find out what happened to him kept me interested.

Casting for Luke was spot on and for JJ I have no complaints. Overall Daredevil is still the best show to me and it's really hard to top with the perfect balance of drama and action. This was much more of a slow burn drama (I didn't mind personally) with more importants on the characters and relationships overall.

It's about what you should expect coming from somebody who worked on Dexter.

Hey now, I'm all for shitting over Dexter's later seasons, but the woman who is working on JJ only worked on seasons 1-4 of Dexter, and that's when that show was legitimately great (especially so in seasons one and four).

It's not Daredevil, but it wipes the floor with Agents of Shield for sure.

EP 8
oh wow so he actually raped her in this one. That's sort of disappointing :/

Is there any way to make it so that Netflix doesn't automatically skip the opening credits as it autoplays? I love the opening credits music and it gives me time to get a drink/etc.

Mengetsu

Is there any way to make it so that Netflix doesn't automatically skip the opening credits as it autoplays? I love the opening credits music and it gives me time to get a drink/etc.
I asked but I got no reply. I wanted the intro for same reasons. At least it's the intro and not like Daredevil with a quick begining scene followed by the intro. I looked everywhere to turn it off or something but it seems like it's integrated into the Netflix app now. PS4 here.

I asked but I got no reply. I wanted the intro for same reasons. At least it's the intro and not like Daredevil with a quick begining scene followed by the intro. I looked everywhere to turn it off or something but it seems like it's integrated into the Netflix app now. PS4 here.

It's the same on PC. I checked the available settings and no dice. Ah well. It's not that big a pain to manually seek to the beginning.

I give Jessica Jones a solid 8/10, compared to Daredevil's 9/10. I've never been so fascinated by a show before. There were so many interesting elements and characters crammed into it. It surpassed my expectations.

Kilgrave's final scene in ep 13 was one of the best scenes in any live action comic adaptation, although I wish his death would have been more creative. A neck snap was slightly anticlimactic.

the intro is pretty. i like the paintingy feel to it :>

oh, on episode 3:
i like the radio interview, and trish v cop thing, but the whole episode was better overall. pace was tighter, and loads of developments about the past. it's a nice episode. trish is growing on me lots as a character. kilgrave was also not as cookie-cutter-creep-villain here, except for that room with her pics all over the walls, which was a bit like a simp on steroids. over all, epi 3 has been very enjoyable.

I thought that was fairly obvious.
He'll destroy everything in her life if she doesn't. She's at her wit's end. She's fought him a variety of ways and they've all failed.

Well
she doesn't want his slaves killing themselves. And she didn't want to get controlled.
You be underestimating how OP Purple Man really is

Got to the part where she finally took action. I now see why they had to set it up the way they did, but it just felt poorly done. It dragged for me.

Jobbs

Banned
We've been binging this and I have to say the stuff with Kilgraves got thoroughly exhausting by episode
8,which was the absolutely tedious shit where JJ played house with him. From here to the end of the season, the number of times JJ could have easily killed KG mounted so high it was hard not to become frustrated and annoyed as the viewer.

Don't get me wrong, I generally like the show but I think, like Daredevil, it was strongest in the first half of the season after which point it somehow lost some steam.

There have also been some things I don't quite understand and seem to apparently be aspects shoehorned in from comic trivia (I never read the comics). For example,
the stuff with Simpson and the warrior pills.
If you're not a fan looking for fan service, since that MUST be shit from the comic, then who the fuck cares? It felt like such a pointless diversion.

Also Jessica's powers seem to be somewhat inconsistent, with the limits of her power or durability confined to what the scene calls for.

There have also been a few times when characters didn't behave plausibly..
Like why would Jessica's big plan be to go into the chamber with Kilgraves to film proof of his powers? Does she think he's stupid? and even if he's stupid, how is that proof? She could easily be faking

All in all, enjoyable show, and I liked Kristen Ritter in the role.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
To watch it with my girlfriend the second time.

But I do want to continue, it's just a slow burn.
I tol my wife it was going to be a slow burn after comments from here and her reaction from the first episode was "that's what you call slow?"

Pachimari

I tol my wife it was going to be a slow burn after comments from here and her reaction from the first episode was "that's what you call slow?"
Hehe. I think I just have a very short attention span as well. And last night I know I couldn't watch because the sleepiness kicked in and I were about to fall asleep. Today I'll watch Episode 3, as I missed most of what happened in it last night, and then I'll wait for her to come home so we can keep watching. She seems interested as well, even though I have to explain a few things.

We've been binging this and I have to say the stuff with Kilgraves got thoroughly exhausting by episode
8,which was the absolutely tedious shit where JJ played house with him. From here to the end of the season, the number of times JJ could have easily killed KG mounted so high it was hard not to become frustrated and annoyed as the viewer.

Don't get me wrong, I generally like the show but I think, like Daredevil, it was strongest in the first half of the season after which point it somehow lost some steam.

There have also been some things I don't quite understand and seem to apparently be aspects shoehorned in from comic trivia (I never read the comics). For example,
the stuff with Simpson and the warrior pills.
If you're not a fan looking for fan service, since that MUST be shit from the comic, then who the fuck cares? It felt like such a pointless diversion.

Also Jessica's powers seem to be somewhat inconsistent, with the limits of her power or durability confined to what the scene calls for.

There have also been a few times when characters didn't behave plausibly..
Like why would Jessica's big plan be to go into the chamber with Kilgraves to film proof of his powers? Does she think he's stupid? and even if he's stupid, how is that proof? She could easily be faking

All in all, enjoyable show, and I liked Kristen Ritter in the role.
she doesn't want to kill him and bring herself to his level

How are people not getting this I feel its very blatantly telegraphed

Im in a few episodes and the show is brilliant so far. Its amazing what kind of quality marvel and netflix are able to produce with their collaboration. Dare Devil was extremely well made and this one is on par or even better. I just hope they will include Jessica, Luke Cage, Dare Devil and so on in the MCU too

Im in a few episodes and the show is brilliant so far. Its amazing what kind of quality marvel and netflix are able to produce with their collaboration. Dare Devil was extremely well made and this one is on par or even better. I just hope they will include Jessica, Luke Cage, Dare Devil and so on in the MCU too
Marvel/Netflix are making a team up series called The Defenders starring Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

I read somewhere that Charlie Cox said that he is contractually obligated to be in a movie if Marvel wants him to. I imagine that goes for the rest of the Defenders heroes/villains. So my Spider-Man/Daredevil team up movie still lives!

Marvel/Netflix are making a team up series called The Defenders starring Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

I read somewhere that Charlie Cox said that he is contractually obligated to be in a movie if Marvel wants him to. I imagine that goes for the rest of the Defenders heroes/villains. So my Spider-Man/Daredevil team up movie still lives!

omg *_____* make it happen pls marvel

Only 2 episodes in but just stopping by to say I love everything about it so far! I should stop coming in here and reading people's opinions about the entire season though!

omg *_____* make it happen pls marvel
Fuuuuck

This is why I love the MCU so hard, there's the hypothetical possibility that this picture could be turned into a live action movie.

Cartoon_Comic_Spider_Man_Spider_Man_Punisher_DareDevil_Pigeon_Bird_42623.jpg

Mahvel pls

Pachimari

Just rewatched Episode 3 and watched Episode 4. I am loving this show a lot. It can feel like a slow burn, and maybe a little bland at times, but I love the whole detective work, and the mysticism around Kilgrave. I don't care much for Jeri Hogarth or her relations though, and I can't get over she were Trinity, but Trish Walker is growing on me, and I'm starting to like Simpson. Luke is perfect.

Now I can't wait to watch Episode 5 and onward. If Episode 4 is regarded a low point of the series, then that wasn't that bad.

The thing is, that I have to be in the right mood to watch it, and right now I am.

Ledsen

Watched six episodes so far. Fabulous show! Loving it so far. I like all the characters so far, and the actors are doing a great job. Obviously Rytter and Tennant are the stand-outs, just as it should be. They really did everything right for this one! Haven't watched Daredevil yet but the premise of this show is more appealing to me. Will be watching it of course but strong, female heroines really do it for me. Haven't seen such a good one since Buffy.

Maximo

not as good as Daredevil, but better than Avengers
Some aspects are better, others are worse, was expecting it to be better then Daredevil since it came after. Haven't finished yet but I am still enjoying the show, they will hopefully get better as time goes on.

Top Bottom