• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

After episode 7 I've decided Ritter is indeed a bad actress. She doesn't know how to deliver her lines with a natural feel. It all feels too practiced and....I dunno.

You can make a drinking game out of this show. Drink everytime Jessica tells someone "it's too dangerous"

DrSlek

Someone answer the most important question of the series for me.

Did Maury Tuttlebaum enjoy the duck confit at Saterre?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Hawkguy has to be a thing.

kate-bishop-hawkeye-netflix.jpg

One day...

Jessica just doesn't have that "I want to root for you" factor going on. I don't know what is missing, but up to episode 7 and I haven't had a single moment where I'm heavily involved in what is happening onscreen. I can take it or leave it. I still have the same issue as I did from the beginning of the show---I can't tell if the writing is bad, or if Ritter isn't a good actress.

Since episode 3 it has gotten better. Starting episode 7 now.

I'm in the camp of "a bit of both." I'm also a bit iffy on Mike Colter, because he didn't really display a lot of range this season.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How soon after season 1 of Daredevil did they announce season 2? I want to say it was a few days.

Getting paranoid here lol

jtb

Banned
Surprised some people aren't too high on Jessica's character. She's far and away the most compelling thing about the show for me, really by a pretty comfortable margin.

How soon after season 1 of Daredevil did they announce season 2? I want to say it was a few days.

I'd be shocked if this didn't get a second season. I bet it's far more an issue of getting the talent back on board and figuring out logistics than any question of audience reception, because it's been a total critical darling so far.

Pachimari

So out of the two leading women in the Marvel TV shows, who do you guys prefer? Shows or characters or both?

Jessica Jones or Agent Carter?

Jessica Jones on both accounts. I still think Agent Carter is the worst thing to have come out of the MCU but I am hopeful, that they can improve with Season 2.

Somebody said 10 days.

Wvrs

Finished it, finally. All in all great; I found Kilgrave a more compelling villain than Fisk, but overall the series wasn't as strong as Daredevil. Still, for the first season of a TV show it was fantastic.

Tennant showed everyone up but that's only because he's that good, otherwise the acting was pretty strong imo.
Bit disappointed Daredevil didn't cameo, felt like the last episode was a massive tease and I was just waiting for him to show, but I guess we'll have The Defenders for that. Could have been a great opportunity to further show off Matt's powers, have him block his ears too and fight Kilgrave seeing purely through taste, touch, smell.

Roll on Luke Cage (we expecting it before or after DD S2?) Marvel/Netflix is killing it.

Jessica just doesn't have that "I want to root for you" factor going on. I don't know what is missing, but up to episode 7 and I haven't had a single moment where I'm heavily involved in what is happening onscreen. I can take it or leave it. I still have the same issue as I did from the beginning of the show---I can't tell if the writing is bad, or if Ritter isn't a good actress.

Since episode 3 it has gotten better. Starting episode 7 now.

After finishing the show this is exactly how I felt. I can appreciate the complex ways it handled its themes, but what was actually going on in the show just never felt that compelling to me. I thought the overarching plot was interesting, but I just didn't really care what was going on at any given moment.

Ya know, I actually could've seen Aubrey Plaza as Jessica Jones. And a Hawkeye show would be great. His character is so underused in they movies it's ridiculous.

Loved that arc. And yes
those are Kilgrave's children from all the random women he fucked raped over the years. Its so fucked up.
Yeah, I figured as much.
Definitely fucked up. Just tell me this. Are the kids also villains? The post in here about them being able to resist his powers and even control him make it sound like they aren't?

Ricker

Episode 9 was pretty damn good...I had a scare with
Trish,thank god the gun was empty,jesus lol

Lots of people seem to say the rest of the episodes are bad...I will try and finish it today,hopefully it holds up,because I like it,not as much as DD but I hope we get a second season...I think Ritter is good in this.

Ricker

I did the wrong thread thing also last week,except I taggged a spoiler in the spoiler thread...could of been the same,dont worry about it man,it happens.

finished JJ

solid show but i think i wanted it to be better than it is because it started really strong.

i'll probably spill my detailed impressions in the spoiler thread.

Alienfan

I don't think I hated Dare Devil but for whatever reason I couldn't make it past the first 3 eps. Finishing Jessica Jones, and loving the absolute hell out of it makes me want to revist DD, although I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Dalek

I am so ready for this. Even if I think female Hawkguy should be portrayed by Alexandra Daddario.

Interestingly enough she was up for the role of Jessica Jones during casting. I don't think she has the chops to pull a role like this off, but she's obviously insanely gorgeous.

Salsa

im on ep 5

gotta say. I was as excited for this as anything

but man, compared to Daredevil specially, this has been really, really, really slow

I have no doubt it'll get going soon and all but god damn forreal. A lot of the stakes are just so uninteresting or presented in such a tedious pace. I feel like I could have had the last 5 episodes in.. 2

i'll keep watching and im invested enough but at the same time surprised at this development. wasnt expecting it

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
im on ep 5

gotta say. I was as excited for this as anything

but man, compared to Daredevil specially, this has been really, really, really slow

I have no doubt it'll get going soon and all but god damn forreal. A lot of the stakes are just so uninteresting or presented in such a tedious pace. I feel like I could have had the last 5 episodes in.. 2

i'll keep watching and im invested enough but at the same time surprised at this development. wasnt expecting it
I have yet to watch the pilot, but this is sounding more and more like another uninspired TV take on the MCU.

Shame.

Salsa

i'd say this, if this wasnt a Netflix binge-able deal people would be way more pissed at the pace

it's done with the platform in mind and all but really. So little has happened and they're just nailing on the same ideas over and over

I get it, purple man is awful, he fucks you up its terrible, your life is shit afterwards and ridded with guilt, but you are not to be blamed! yadda yadda

get to him. David Tennant glimpse is so far the most interesting character of the show, but they're not building him up at this point, they're just pointlessly holding him back

it feels like filler. on a show on a platform that should not have any filler for how it's designed

just do fewer eps? it's one of the things you can do

there's just something really off about it

I have no doubt in my mind that it'll get better, really, maybe even super great, whatever, but so far this first 5 episodes or so have been really boring and kinda bad, man, with just a couple exceptions

guek

Banned
Interestingly enough she was up for the role of Jessica Jones during casting. I don't think she has the chops to pull a role like this off, but she's obviously insanely gorgeous.
Alexandra Daddario is one of the few celebrities I have to make a conscious effort not to ogle and drool over so as not to feel like a total creep.

Salsa

krysten ritter is great in apartment 23. I get that this is brooding but it's like someone said "hey, no fun allowed"

her quips just kinda fall flat. She doesnt project badass well.

should have let her play to her strenghts

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Alexandra Daddario is one of the few celebrities I have to make a conscious effort not to ogle and drool over so as not to feel like a total creep.

That scene in True Detective turned my girlfriend on.

And let me assure you she's not into Woody Harrelson in the slightest.

That's her power.

Salsa

also minor nitpick but this "ask the big green dude!" "yeah go with the flag-waver!" shit is getting so dumb

call him Hulk and Captain America. It feels like something comic book movies would have done in the early 2000s or something. it aint cute, it's actually better when you just straight up say it and it feels more connected. no one would talk like this

also minor nitpick but this "ask the big green dude!" "yeah go with the flag-waver!" shit is getting so dumb

call him Hulk and Captain America. It feels like something comic book movies would have done in the early 2000s or something. it aint cute, it's actually better when you just straight up say it and it feels more connected. no one would talk like this
Would Luke and Jessica even know he's called "Hulk"? And flag-waver seems more mocking than anything else, given their opinion of costumes

At least that's what I assumed

Sane_Man

i'd say this, if this wasnt a Netflix binge-able deal people would be way more pissed at the pace

it's done with the platform in mind and all but really. So little has happened and they're just nailing on the same ideas over and over

I get it, purple man is awful, he fucks you up its terrible, your life is shit afterwards and ridded with guilt, but you are not to be blamed! yadda yadda

get to him. David Tennant glimpse is so far the most interesting character of the show, but they're not building him up at this point, they're just pointlessly holding him back

it feels like filler. on a show on a platform that should not have any filler for how it's designed

just do fewer eps? it's one of the things you can do

there's just something really off about it

I have no doubt in my mind that it'll get better, really, maybe even super great, whatever, but so far this first 5 episodes or so have been really boring and kinda bad, man, with just a couple exceptions

I thought the first few eps were the best, so you might be heading towards more disappointment!

Would Luke and Jessica even know he's called "Hulk"? And flag-waver seems more mocking than anything else, given their opinion of costumes

At least that's what I assumed

If what happened in Avengers 1 and 2 actually happened there would be a common short hand for every Avenger. I think they should just come out and say their names, I too found it kind of awkward to dance around them.

JJ and Daredevil seem to reference the events of the movies only when they feel like it. Not that we need constant reminders but some consistently would be nice.

Also just finished episode 7 seems like the plot has been treading water for ages, Daredevil was a solid show and had pretty cool action, half way through, JJ has gotten boring and the action is laughable. Some of these fight scenes are so uninteresting. Looking forward to the crazy high stakes mind control situations the trailer promised. Not sure who thought that 13 episodes was a good idea.

Ledsen

Eeeeh episode 10 is so bad. Everything that happens feels so contrived and forced. Characters act weirdly, dialogue is bad. Feels like it's all downhill from here. Loved the first 5-6 episodes, still good after that, but now... Eeeeh

Gvitor

Jesus Christ, episodes 8-10 were so fucking great. I'm now convinced this is better than Daredevil. In fact, I was convinced by episode 8, at 10 I'm setting JJ a good margin ahead.

Some great scenes from eps 8-10:

"The man is clearly insane, he's never gonna be a productive member of society"
"Dude, you lost a jacket, move on"
"I wish I had a mother of the year award so I could bludgeon you to death with it"
"The tape stays or you'll stab yourself.
(corrects) -Cut my heart out"
"You chose to pick up that thing and crush her skull"

The one thing I didn't like is the
Simpson arc. Didn't like the twists with the pills or whatever.

I dunno, I loved Daredevil but I think it tried a little bit too hard to be "dark" and "serious", and JJ is doing this effortlessly. Tennant and Krysten are killing it.

Top Bottom