• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Toothless

Looking forward to this, although does anyone else find it odd Amazon is launching Man in the High Castle against it? Seems like they'd have a lot of audience overlap

-griffy-

Banned
I mean... yeah, but this is the first time I can think of where two high profile "all episodes up at once" shows go head-to-head. Seems weird to me.

Netflix and Amazon are putting 11 full seasons of television shows online in the span of 7 weeks in Nov/Dec. This is just kind of the new normal.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looking forward to this, although does anyone else find it odd Amazon is launching Man in the High Castle against it? Seems like they'd have a lot of audience overlap

Well the beauty of binge culture is that they can go up against each other, but people don't have to choose one or the other like they would watching in on live TV. I'm guessing that they wanted to launch before Thanksgiving because people will have more free time with the long holiday weekend.

Saw the world premiere tonight, first two episodes. No one is ready for Luke Cage, I'll say that from jump. Outside of Jessica herself who is actually even better than the source material, Colter's Luke is the single most perfect one-to-one encapsulation of a comic book character in the history of adaptations.

Also, Carrie Anne Moss is actually short! Keep that in mind when watching her in everything she's in! The magic of film making!

I am going to watch the SHIT out of this show. You hear me? The every-loving SHIT!!!! Need to start stocking up junk food already!

TheOddOne

- A|V Club review: Marvel’s Jessica Jones is a hard-boiled feminist neo-noir (with superpowers).
All of this adds up to a show that is very certain of its voice and tone. Streets are always covered with a foot of grimy snow, Jessica doesn’t own a garment that doesn’t have a hole or three in it, and every drawer or cabinet contains a bottle of booze or a pistol. If Jessica Jones can start fully exploring its own story, it’ll become the neo-noir superhero epic it’s striving to be.

A-
- Techinsinder: How 'Jessica Jones' made it to Netflix after ABC nixed the show.
- Vox: Marvel’s Jessica Jones, explained.

TheOddOne

At what time will it go up on friday? I really want to jump in as early as I am able to.
t1448006400z4.png

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Saw the world premiere tonight, first two episodes. No one is ready for Luke Cage, I'll say that from jump. Outside of Jessica herself who is actually even better than the source material, Colter's Luke is the single most perfect one-to-one encapsulation of a comic book character in the history of adaptations.

Also, Carrie Anne Moss is actually short! Keep that in mind when watching her in everything she's in! The magic of film making!

Yup. The crowd went insane for him.

David Tennant also does not sound the same in person as he does in everything I've seen him in, including interviews.

Fuck I hope this hits it big. Would love a 2nd season that goes past the source material.

Don't want J Jones to just get rolled up into a group show immediately.

diamount

Banned

I haven't even heard of that before, so doesn't look like they are doing a good job marketing it.

I really can't wait for this to come out, everything about this looks so good and Kilgrave and his power look so creepy.

"Daredevil got me laid."
Could anyone imaging that, ten, twenty years ago? Time's change.
It was actually the same with me, started watching Daredevil with a girl I knew and one thing led to another, curious about the sex scenes in this now :p

I really can't wait for this to come out, everything about this looks so good and Kilgrave and his power look so creepy.

It was actually the same with me, started watching Daredevil with a girl I knew and one thing led to another, curious about the sex scenes in this now :p

They are
HBO-level hardcore without the full nudity. Possibly even harder in terms of general intensity

TheOddOne

- Flavorwire: ‘Marvel’s Jessica Jones’ Is TV’s Best Comic Book Adaptation, Period.
Television reviews can be prone to hyperbolic statements, but let me just get this all out anyway: Marvel’s Jessica Jones is the best Marvel-related television series, it is better than every single comic book adaptation on the air (including ratings smash The Walking Dead, the gritty and prestigeous Daredevil, and my beloved The Flash), and it will definitely end up on my list of the ten best shows of the year. And, if we’re being honest, I don’t believe any of these assertions to be hyperbolic in the least.
Because, in the end, this show is all about Jessica, and all of her erratic, volatile, twisted, depressed, sexy, brawling, and beautiful ways. She’s a person defined by her experiences and her personality, not by her powers. She’s a fucked-up hero who knows that “people do bad shit,” and she doesn’t exclude herself from that assessment. She takes her goddamn pain, and she lives with it — for better or worse. And that’s what makes Marvel’s Jessica Jones one of the most compelling superhero narratives ever.
Also, sex.

Top Bottom