• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

Da-Kid

Misty Knight's titties Goddamn!!!
On to episode 2.
Spoilers Ep 1:
I like they're actually mentioning characters by name, Tony Stark, also Hammer Industries weapons is a plus too.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Regarding Episode 2: Did they seriously just
kill off another old black man on a Marvel Netflix show again
? That's three for three so far.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm only on Episode 1, but I think I've said "This smooth motherfucker over here" at least 6 times already. Luke is the man.

2 episodes in. This shit is winning.

Watching now. First thing I thought was lol starts off in a barbershop. Where all the greatest discussions happen

One of the failings of the Obama administration was failing to negotiate world peace in a black barbershop. We would have had it. It would have happened.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 down. Love how all these Marvel Netflix shows have their own feel. Loving this even if im sure the eventual 13 ep "problem" will kick in.

Man Iron Fist is gonna be fucking dope isnt it?

number11

The cast for this is great.. except for shades.

He wasn't bad in sons of anarchy.. but he doesn't play this character convincingly at all.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Simone Missick in this series...

212.jpg

Episode 3...
I get that Luke Cage is not a martial artist but that action scene was lame and boring as hell. Why can't the other Marvel shows get some good fight choreography outside of Daredevil? If Iron Fist is as bad as this, I'll be pissed. Season 1 of Arrow had better fights.

On episode 7. Really enjoying this so far. Not sure where I'd place it amoungst DD season 1 and 2 and JJ yet though.

Mike Colter is so damn likeable and Simone Missick and Rosario Dawson are great as well.

This reminded me of how much I want Rosario Dawson in the new Star Trek show.

Episode 3...
I get that Luke Cage is not a martial artist but that action scene was lame and boring as hell. Why can't the other Marvel shows get some good fight choreography outside of Daredevil? If Iron Fist is as bad as this, I'll be pissed. Season 1 of Arrow had better fights.
Seems like an odd comparison. Arrow and Daredevil are shows about impossibly skilled trained warriors.

And the action in that scene wasn't really the point anyway

Da-Kid

Episode 3...
Well when you have enough strength to lift cars, durable enough to be blown up, fire proof, bulletproof, and stop high speed vehicles out their tracks with your body... who needs to be doing kick flips and Kung-fu when you can just bitch slap someone 10 feet away when pulling your strength?

Episode 2:
Turk thinks Hell's Kitchen is safer..
tumblr_nnw53csSbJ1usws96o1_500.gif

diaspora

Episode 3...
The man is invulnerable with enhanced-strength. Martial arts is pointless for a guy that backhand someone across the room.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Me: I need to run to the store real quick and get some snacks. Hmm, what should I wear?

*grabs hoodie*

This is going to be me by next week.

tumblr_n0cat3h24L1qbtzbno1_250.gif

I know Cage isn't a martial artist and I don't expect him to do backflips, but there are ways to make an unstoppable hero vs dozens of guys with guns scene more interesting. The stunts and effects just looked cheap and unimpressive imo.

Anyway, episode 3 was good aside from that. I guess I'm just disappointed that for me this show is a huge step down from Daredevil and the first half of Jessica Jones so far. But if Misty Knight ends up getting her own spin-off show, I'll forgive everything.

Haha for me the complete nonchalance and "Sigh" style of Luke's fighting is great.

It's going to be interesting if he has to go up against somebody near or his equal.

Vincenzo Natali is the director of episode 4. What the hell? That's a strange career turn.
He's a very inconsistent director but I highly recommend Cypher, a fantastic sci-fi spy thriller with Lucy Liu inspired by Philip K. Dick. And also Cube of course.

Top Bottom