• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

Mengetsu

No, I agree.
Shades is probably one of the smartest villains we've gotten thus far just in terms of his composure and his level of manipulation. I love how they lampshade this when he questions some of the insane 'plans' that Cottonmouth or Diamondback attempt to enact. So far they haven't explored a lot of his emotional depth so that's me thinking that they're saving that for a season 2.
Couldn't of said it better.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Finished episode 6. Not many exciting action scenes so far but I guess he's way too OP. The main bad guy Stokes is pretty great.

Shit thats awesome! Was this at a con?

Yeah it was. A lot of the times you meet these guys and gals and they are very polite / nice but just a quick picture and then they cycle to the next person. Mike actually sat there and talked with me and wife for a good bit and even took multiple pictures with us. He was honestly an awesome guy

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
First episode was pretty weak. Hopefully it gets better.

Episode 7
Cottonmouth "Gave a speech at a church, knocked down a few doors in the projects and now... you Harlem's Captain America. Nigga, please."

Marvel...
dhMeAzK.gif

Oh man why does it feel like
Shades
is an underrated character? Hands down my favorite in the show.

No, I agree.
Shades is probably one of the smartest villains we've gotten thus far just in terms of his composure and his level of manipulation. I love how they lampshade this when he questions some of the insane 'plans' that Cottonmouth or Diamondback attempt to enact. So far they haven't explored a lot of his emotional depth so that's me thinking that they're saving that for a season 2.
Agree with you both.

TalonJH

Two episodes in and I say this is the best written/directed Marvel TV show yet(and I loved the other shows). Episode 2 is amazing.

Also, is Shades the voice actor of Adam Jensen?

Yeah it was. A lot of the times you meet these guys and gals and they are very polite / nice but just a quick picture and then they cycle to the next person. Mike actually sat there and talked with me and wife for a good bit and even took multiple pictures with us. He was honestly an awesome guy

Love stories like that. It's always cool when people whose work you enjoy deserve the success they get

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can I jump into this without having watched jessica jones or daredevil?

Yeah, you might miss some small nods here or there but they explain everything. They all operate as their own thing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah, you might miss some small nods here or there but they explain everything. They all operate as their own thing.

I was kind of hoping that the guns
from Hammer would be used and jam up on whoever was trying to fire one of them.
Though I'm only a few eps in so perhaps that does come to pass.

"Geeze this Cottonmouth dude is crazy. I wonder if he has a Fisk-esque childhood?"

*That flashback in episode
happens*

What the fuck, man? I had to take a breather for that shit.

Watched the first 4 episodes today. Really good so far.

Episode 2:
Really happy to see that Turk is still holding the eternal L of the MCU.

Episode 4:
"You look like a damn fool." I NEED to see Cage rock that retro costume again!

On episode 6
This show suffers from a similar issue JJ had. The bad guy should have been dealt with already, but they're dragging on for fluff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fucking lol at Luke slapping some fool across the forehead like he's swatting a fly

Just finished EP 6.
I like the plot but misty and pops are about the only characters that are interesting. Luke's performance is so wooden and stoic. He reminds me of Vin Diesel. He really needs to rely on the side characters and action to carry the show. Cottonmouth is a pretty good villain but he's definitely not anywhere near the performance of D'Onofrio or Tennant. Unlike them, he also makes so many stupid decisions I feel like he should be a side character in Jessica Jones.

Shades is growing on me. He's an intelligent henchman, which is something you don't see a lot, and has a swagger to him that gives him a sinister vibe. Hell probably end up being my favourite villain by the end.

Ep 10
that hard drive still being accessible after having the housing cover removed and dust/dirt all over it.... Uhhhhhhh what? Kinda forced plot bullshit to be honest. I can accept a rocket launcher from a roof top more than I can accept that lol

Ep 10
that hard drive still being accessible after having the housing cover removed and dust/dirt all over it.... Uhhhhhhh what? Kinda forced plot bullshit to be honest. I can accept a rocket launcher from a roof top more than I can accept that lol
This is one of the nerdiest and most adorable criticisms I've seen of a Marvel work to date. Legit laughing here.

wildfire

Banned
I wasn't sure how I felt about Diamond Back because his super power was exactly like
TDK Joker,
Everything Works According to No Plan edge rolling.

But after he said
"You don't negotiate with me. You either buy or you die."
and he jumped to potential S+ tier caliber.

Oh man why does it feel like
Shades
is an underrated character? Hands down my favorite in the show.

Evil
Jiminy Cricket?

He's nothing more than a
Magical Latino.
and
a potential creeper.

Actually I love the depth to his character but he's still undercooked compared to a lot of other characters especially for the screen time given.

The Kree

Banned
Ep 10

Flying power armor
Aliens
A man frozen alive for 70 years
Magical multicolored reality altering gems
A FUCKING TALKING RACCOON

You have to stop.

wildfire

Banned
On episode 6
This show suffers from a similar issue JJ had. The bad guy should have been dealt with already, but they're dragging on for fluff.

This comment slays me.

Ep 10

Harddrives have those shields for a reason but back in highschool I've had friends who messed with hard drives with magnets, dry ice and dust and there was a lot of readable information.

They are more usable than you give them credit for. Perfectly useable? No but in that scene we weren't going to see data corruption in 2 seconds of footage.

Mengetsu

Flying power armor
Aliens
A man frozen alive for 70 years
Magical multicolored reality altering gems
A FUCKING TALKING RACCOON

You have to stop.
Comic book shows have to be realistic tho. Can't go suspending disbelief now. What you think this is a cartoon adaptation of a comic? This a real life show.

Sarcasm obviously.

Vic_Viper

Somebody get the guy playing Cage some acting lessons lol. He has no charisma and does a horrible job delivering some of the more impactful lines. He's lucky he looks exactly like Cage in the books.

Only watched the first episode, aside from JJ, mind you. So im not sure if he gets any better, but the way he tries to be hard is laughable.

HardRojo

I love the thread title. Gonna start watching in a moment, will probably finish it over the weekend or some time next week.

Somebody get the guy playing Cage some acting lessons lol. He has no charisma and does a horrible job delivering some of the more impactful lines. He's lucky he looks exactly like Cage in the books.

Only watched the first episode, aside from JJ, mind you. So im not sure if he gets any better, but the way he tries to be hard is laughable.

I think he's pretty good. Don't see where the no charisma is coming from.

Top Bottom