• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage *SPOILER THREAD* |OT| Where WAS His Money, Honey?

Just finished it, I expected it to be lot worse after reading some comments, but it was ok. It definitely got worse when they killed Cottonmouth, he was just getting good. Mariah wasn't very good at being a main villain, she was a good "villain that can screw you inside the law". Willis... my god that character was terrible, and to see him with that lame doctor was so corny, he will probably get real super powers now.

Shades though, what a lovely surprise. Thought the dude was shit in the beginning, then he started showing up his chessmaster skills. For one second (before they actually showed DB) I wanted him to have assumed Diamondback's business without anyone knowing. After they revealed who was Diamondback I started to wish that he was some kind of martial artist pro, to link this season to Iron Fist, but that ended up being false. All the time I was expecting he to be some kind of mastermind for something greater (magic, ninjas, martial artists, anything), but that moment never came.

The actual ending was meh compared to DD or JJ, it looked like part of something instead of standalone. I understand why they did that but I still find it bad.

There is a lot more that I want to say but right now I need to sleep, spent my whole night and now morning watching this.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
last minutes of episode 13 and I'm super disappointed.

The last fight between Cage and Diamondback felt really lame, boring, slow, sluggish. Everything until episode 13 I liked
well except for them killing cottonmouth
..but really that last fight...

SpaceWolf

Banned
Looking forward to the finale of Iron Fist.

Claire: "I am Iron Fist". You think you're the only superhero in the world? Mr Rand, you've become part of a bigger universe...you just don't know it yet.

Danny: Who the hell are you?

Claire: Claire Temple. Ex-nurse.

Danny: Ah.

Claire: I'm here to talk to you about The Defenders initiative

Just finished it. Overall it was good, disappointed with what happened to Cottonmouth though.
Looking forward to the finale of Iron Fist.

Claire: "I am Iron Fist". You think you're the only superhero in the world? Mr Rand, you've become part of a bigger universe...you just don't know it yet.

Danny: Who the hell are you?

Claire: Claire Temple. Ex-nurse.

Danny: Ah.

Claire: I'm here to talk to you about The Defenders initiative
hahahah

I really liked the series overall, but I can't believe they looked at that $35 costume for Diamondback at the end and said "yeah, this is what we're going with for the grand finale."

Blackage

Am I just oblivious or who is Romeo?

Lmao, I was wondering if I was the only one who missed someone explaining who the hell that was.

Yeah does anyone remember who that character is and how he was related to Zip? They mention his name twice in episode twelve so I'm assuming he was in the show.

I think Romeo was Zip's father or somebody who was a big name back in the day. Show is all about family legacies and whatnot.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do you think that long investigation with Misty is a thing that was done in acknowledgment on police brutality against black people? Because I had to think all the time that when she and her boss were white this psychological talk wouldnt had been so long.

RS4-

Just finished; like others have said, show kinda went ehhh after Cottonmouth died.

Overall though, I liked it. I thought they'd go in deeper with the Power Man getup by doing the flashbacks in the 70s and that the experiment slowed his age.

But yeah, after Willis showed up, zzz.

Ferulci

Man, I am the only one to think that
Diamond Back
is a shitty character ? From its reveal to the acting, lack of class or motivation in the story, I really dislike how he is handled.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Diamond Back
is a shitty character ? From its reveal to the acting, lack of class or motivation in the story, I really dislike how he is handled.
Liked him in the beginning, went worse over the time

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Things went south post Cottonmouth, pick up again around mid eps 11 and episode 12

but the end was too cliffhangery

Diamond Back
The reveal was cool. Had an almost Winter Soldier vibe

But then the show went all Spectre, and he become a shitty character

Shades.

SHADES.

Most of his scenes in the back half were fucking gold.

Zip showing up with those goddamn glasses was maybe my favorite moment of the season.

Zabka

The reveal was cool. Had an almost Winter Soldier vibe

But then the show went all Spectre, and he become a shitty character

Shit, that's what it reminded me of! Couldn't put my finger on it.

The show had 12 hours to set up a rivalry between the two characters and did almost nothing. I felt like I maybe missed something during that final fight when it flashed back to them training with each other.

I am only watched the first 5 episodes so far, and i have to say, if nothing else the music in the club are sublime, especially long live the chief (is that the name of that song?).

Shit, that's what it reminded me of! Couldn't put my finger on it.

The show had 12 hours to set up a rivalry between the two characters and did almost nothing. I felt like I maybe missed something during that final fight when it flashed back to them training with each other.
1) A completely unnecessary familial relationship to the hero
2) Hates the hero because of daddy issues
3) Defeated in a whimper of a confrontation

This show felt a little too low budget to me. I don't know. Everything looked so cheap and I felt seeing the same location over and over again was kinda boring.

The fighting choreography could do a lot better, imo.

Overall, it was okay. 3/5

Stop fucking teasing stuff man, it got really annoying.

brawly

Just punch him in his mouth, man. And Shades could've shot him his face.

This is similar to Superman fighting Batman in the mechanical suit. Punch his teeth out.

I finished Episode 3, everything was going fine, starting to get interesting,
then I LOLed LOLOLOLOL when
Cottonmouth shot a rocket launcher into the Chinese restaurant

Houndi101

Tut tut, Frank has been slacking since no mention of him by any of the criminals nor were they clearly worried of him...

brawly

They balls'd this up by not bringing in Matt as his lawyer, even if it's just for Cage to tell him to get out.

*Looks at tag*

O__O

image.php

I slept on my thoughts of the show and just remembered something.

Why did Claire only pull out the shrapnel from the second Judas bullet Luke ate and not the first too? Did they just conveniently move from his belly to his upper torso? Shit don't make sense.

Also, Cottonmouth was better off dying halfway in. He was a compelling character and was wonderfully acted. He didn't need to stumble his way though another 6 or 7 episodes.

Top Bottom