• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Secret Wars Hype Thread - Where we argue about what "reboot" means

Neoxon

As far as Big Hero 6 at Disneyworld goes, there's also the issue that the villain of the movie is a retooled X-Men villain.

there are tons of teams that have nothing though. and its not like big hero 6 had a presence before the movie. mi 13 doesnt have anything going on, theres no alpha flight/omega flight, panther doesnt seem to have anything, and he has a movie tie in like cap marvel. popular stories and current ongoings seem to be the name of the game for this series, and seeing as how they have neither, theyre gonna have to ride the pine for this one. that is until marvel shows off the big hero 6 plot on battleworld

but Big Hero 6 is the only movie brand with no representation. Last time I checked Alpha Flight didn't have an oscar winning movie this year.

Avixph

When Marvel going to announce the Live Wires tiein?

Livewires_Vol_1_4.jpg

A dude named Hollow Point Ninja needs another shot at the big time.

Who drew this cover?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What are the chances of Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath making an appearance now that the stakes have been raised?

Disney cannot use any marvel characters in FL. I know this for a fact as I work for Disney. You need to do more research or ask around. The actual contract between Marvel and Universal was actually posted on WDWmagic.com and even a few lawyers who post on the site went through the contract and explained it.

The Guardians of the Galaxy preview they did in the park was done in the theater with all simulation elements removed and the Marvel Studios logo removed (at Disneyland it actually had 4-D effects and the Marvel logo). They made the case they were previewing an upcoming Disney film and that it would not be called an attraction.

Disney cannot use any marvel characters in FL. Except when they went and used marvel characters in Florida.

okayden.

they put broken ass dudes on teams all the time. why did the dark avengers need to exist when sentry can do it all? because people like to see daken roast normans ass

Key difference being that adding sentry to a team adds tension, since he cray cray. Adding franklin... not so much.

On a different note, dark avengers worth reading?

Slayven

Remember when Marvel created that brand new Bucky, Falcon, and Black Widow books after the break out hit the Winter Soldier?

Wait a minute. Both Black Window and Big Hero 6 was in Spiderman's :Ends of the Earth storyline. Surely this was all in prep of the Spiderman MCU deal.

SoilBreak

Banned

SECRET WARS' KORVAC SAGA

qFZ0Ez3.jpg

One of the Avengers' classic villains, who in some ways inspired the original Secret Wars is coming back for this summer's Secret Wars -- but in a good way, according to Dan Abnett.

Abnett is writing an all-new Korvac Saga series set within Marvel's summer event Secret Wars. The series pulls in his team of heroes from the current Guardians 3000 series, but puts them in service of Korvac as lord of a Battleworld domain known as Forest Hills. They come at odds with a neighboring lord of Battleworld, Wonder Man, with his own contingent of heroes -- Avengers, in his case -- who would vie with Korvac and his heroes.

Illustrated by one of Marvel's up-and-coming artists Otto Schmidt, Korvac Saga takes Abnett's space-faring theatrics as known from his redefining run on Guardians of the Galaxy and puts in some medieval flare. Newsarama talked with the writer about who's good, who's bad, and what the stakes are in this Secret Wars title.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
This thing is by far the craziest event they've done in the modern era. Really excited for it as you can't really predict what's going to happen. I don't expect this to have a helicarrier blowing up to show off the supposed scale and everything won't be resolved by punching a bunch of dudes in New York.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Key difference being that adding sentry to a team adds tension, since he cray cray. Adding franklin... not so much.

On a different note, dark avengers worth reading?

a young franklin would definetely add tension on an x team. a powerful mutant that hasnt been ostracized with his power set? theres gonna be hostility

as for dark avengers, daken makes the first run. the way he pisses off norman and skeeves mac is hilarious

damn, cosmic marvel is gonna eat

wait, is this different from the days world?

rakhir

I'm just waiting for that miniseries with President Dazzler, i would like to see that universe again because President Dazzler is absolutely awesome.

Mudcrab

The separate volumes for the different lines, as well as the eventual hard bound book. Theres gonna be a lot to keep up with

Oh definitely. We're talking collections for Last Days, Battleworld, Warzones, Journal and then one for the actual Secret Wars book on top of whatever else Marvel will try to sell as an individual collection.

What can your wallet expect? Pain.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Oh definitely. We're talking collections for Last Days, Battleworld, Warzones, Journal and then one for the actual Secret Wars book on top of whatever else Marvel will try to sell as an individual collection.

What can your wallet expect? Pain.

I really hope marvel advertises this event like dc did the new 52. This event will be huge

Drayco21

Marvel pls

My erection can only get so big.

The only thing that could do it for me more than this is for Abnett and Lanning to finally bury the hatchet and work together to write the post-Secret Wars ongoing for Guardians so Marvel Cosmic is readable again.

I'll happily take my Abnett-only Guardians 3000 fringe books while I wait, though.

IHaveIce

Banned
I really hope The City ends up being a Noir world because everything else being revealed tomorrow is pretty obvious.
The City should be about Ulitmate Reed's City doesn't it?

The Korvac Saga book is sucha great announcement. U hope Abnett takes over GotG :(

Top Bottom