• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jumped out of this thread for a while but there are now 85 cases in the UK and the local hospital has taken it's first serious case. I'm trying to keep calm over the situation but I am starting to worry about panic buying in the area.

Go to the store now. I live in Northern California and you cannot find bottled water, hand sanitizer, masks, or antibacterial wipes anywhere.

iorek21

4th case confirmed here in Brazil, all of them with recent travel history to Italy

I wonder when will they begin testing people with no travel history...

cryptoadam

Banned
Better get your bagel and lox now

With at least 50,000 people in quarantine, the Health Ministry on Wednesday expanded its list of restrictive orders, which will likely lead to thousands more Israelis going into home isolation. By some reports, as many as 100,000 people are currently in isolation.

“We have to understand, we are in the midst of a global epidemic,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said during a press conference, “the most dangerous of these epidemics in the last 100 years.”

With at least 50,000 people in quarantine, the Health Ministry on Wednesday expanded its list of restrictive orders, which will likely lead to thousands more Israelis going into home isolation. By some reports, as many as 100,000 people are currently in isolation.

“We have to understand, we are in the midst of a global epidemic,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said during a press conference, “the most dangerous of these epidemics in the last 100 years.”

Man didn't any of these people get the message that it's just the flu, bro!

We canceled our upcoming trip. I just couldn't go through with it and feel right about it.

Ugh.

Kadayi

Banned
I just did a normal weekly shop today and the supermarket looked stocked as usual but yeh I might go back out tomorrow to grab some stuff with long shelf life.

If you're after long shelf life: -

Huel isn't exactly super tasty, but it will fill a hole, it's cheap and it keeps for ages, and only requires water to make. I wouldn't recommend trying it as a full diet, but it's good as a Breakfast/Lunch replacement if you're busy (I like to walk during my lunch hour) . I ordered in a couple of bags of Black on Sunday as it's more protein leaning versus the base stuff, managed to get a nice 5% discount using that honey browser extension into the bargain (finally, it worked).

Last edited:
Sorry you ended up having to cancel, WA just seems like a place people should not be voluntarily visiting right now. Stay Safe

Thank you. My relatives were upset we canceled, they don't seem to think it's as big a deal. But they're old and immunocompromised so if I did happen to bring it with me they'd likely be goners and I couldn't chance it in good conscience even if they don't think it's a legit danger.

I've been following this nonsense since the beginning really and it really feels like we're just getting started with the ramp up phase.

Oh boy

One of the newly announced coronavirus cases in Los Angeles county is a medical screener at Los Angeles International Airport, according to the Department of Homeland Security.
This contract worker had not been at work for more than a week before developing symptoms, DHS says. It is unclear whether the virus was contracted through their work with travelers or via community spread.
The patient is currently isolated at home with mild symptoms.

Jtibh

Banned
I invite all people that were saying the flu is worse the flu is a bigger problem and so and so to explain to me, today, if the flu is more dangerous kills more a year infects more a year why do we have all these sports , events, movies, anything group related cancelled?
School shut down for weeks and months?
People locked in at home?
Flights and travel bans?
Etc.

If the flu is worse and all this is nothing compared to the flu why all this trouble?
If the flu is worse why all these speaches from higher ups, mp's, ministers......about how serious they take all this?

I truly want answers. I want to understand why all this is going on if the flu is worse.

No lie, bagel + shmear + lox (we used smoked salmon instead of legit lox) + a few capers + thin red onion is one of my favorite seasonal breakfasts. One of the perks of being raised by a mom who grew up in the Metro Detroit jewish community.

cryptoadam

Banned
I invite all people that were saying the flu is worse the flu is a bigger problem and so and so to explain to me, today, if the flu is more dangerous kills more a year infects more a year why do we have all these sports , events, movies, anything group related cancelled?
Flights and travel bans?
Etc.

If the flu is worse and all this is nothing compared to the flu why all this trouble?
If the flu is worse why all these speaches from higher ups, mp's, ministers......about how serious they take all this?

I truly want answers. I want to understand why all this is going on if the flu is worse.

Now that its hitting the US and Europe pretty hard the "its just the flu bro" bro's are going to fade out. You will see less of them around now that its starting to hit closer to home for many.

Flights and travel bans?
Etc.

You don't have to have this debate with them man. You know they will want to keep at it. The truth of it even if the Flu was worst, it is not the Flu causing all of this Chaos reactions right now. This shit is going to cost trillions of dollars by the end of the year due to business loss. Not one industry is unaffected right now. I don't know how you downplay this shit.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Now that its hitting the US and Europe pretty hard the "its just the flu bro" bro's are going to fade out. You will see less of them around now that its starting to hit closer to home for many.
Nah. The its just the flu bros turned into fuck trump he is stupid he will kill us all.
Kill orange man.
Of where is the guy that fucks grapefruit, he can fuck orange man.

But seriously. I want them to tell me why all this if the flu is worse.
We took a lot of ridicule from these people.
So now come to me and explain your reasoning.
Dont hide. Come forward and debate.

Last edited:
One more reason to not travel through LAX! Though I think this was someone working in the international terminal.. I can't imagine it didn't spread around a bit.

A friend of mine who is also a nurse at the hospital I go to for treatment was flying to LA last week Thursday. I told him of the Korean Air staff that was believed positive at LAX and told him to becareful because that was his airport. He should still be in Cali.

I have so many people in L.A. LAX is a big place but still not chancing it right now.

my next flight out west is to San Fran in June. Not sure if I want to cancel my trip to Ghana yet always wanted to go that is in July.

cryptoadam

Banned
Nah. The its just the flu bros turned into fuck trump he is stupid he will kill us all.
Kill orange man.
Of where is the guy that fucks grapefruit, he can fuck orange man.

But seriously. I want them to tell me why all this if the flu is worse.
We took a lot of ridicule from these people.
So now come to me and explain your reasoning.
Dont hide. Come forward and debate.

I am the grapefruit fucker (while I just eat them really), but I wouldn't fuck orange man. Now Orange Woman or Orange daughter no problems.

Odds are they are probably infected or will be because its just the flu bro and they didn't take any precautions.

But I doubt anyone is going to come back and debate its just the flu when its really clear now that its not just the flu bro and that the world doesn't take these measure for just the flu bro.

eot

Banned
For people who are buying out stores to stock up, how much are you buying? Wouldn't you need many months of food in stock to bunker yourself in to stay away from the virus when it has gotten everywhere?

I know some people who are buying extra canned foods and pasta and shit and it's like they could maybe last a couple weeks in their apartments if they stretched it lol. What's the point unless you're going really big?
The point is that by buying in bulk you minimize the amount of times you need to go to the store. Stocking for a month shouldn't really be a problem though, just get a giant sack of rice and beans / lentils, that kinda shit.

Jtibh

Banned
I am the grapefruit fucker (while I just eat them really), but I wouldn't fuck orange man. Now Orange Woman or Orange daughter no problems.

Odds are they are probably infected or will be because its just the flu bro and they didn't take any precautions.

But I doubt anyone is going to come back and debate its just the flu when its really clear now that its not just the flu bro and that the world doesn't take these measure for just the flu bro.
Well orange be damned. Those or some juicy ones.

The biggest problem that after experts pointed at china nobody cared.
Would they have taken it serious we would been better prepared and not me going from store to store to look for hand sanitisers.
What is this shit.
But oh did i empty all the medical alcohol from the deep holes of the shelves.

Don't say things like this Pence, you will give them ammo to call you out on it later

I really did not expect Pence to be thoughtful on this shit, Trump threw him under the bus whom ever had this position was going to be fucked by the media lol

Last edited:

It's amazing because they were all here a few pages/days ago telling us it was still just the flu bro and we were falling for media hype. They sure dipped out of this thread quick when things started heading south.

I'm sure if this is under control in a few months/years from now they'll hop back in to let us all know how unreasonable our reactions were

Jtibh

Banned
It's amazing because they were all here a few pages/days ago telling us it was still just the flu bro and we were falling for media hype. They sure dipped out of this thread quick when things started heading south.

I'm sure if this is under control in a few months/years from now they'll hop back in to let us all know how unreasonable our reactions were
To be fair i couldnt name any of them as i blocked a dozen of them.
So if they died out here from 2 days ago i am glad they took their bullshit somewhere else.

Needless to say even in gaming threads absolutely no one is questioning or smartassing anymore when people say the virus cancels new consoles and gaming events even E3.
They accepted it or just dont want to know of it.

meanwhile in Mass.

I am surrounded by 'low risk'

edit: did she say $95,000 in spending for the testing lab? Good grief they really want to low ball this shit.
This is why I hate every state in the US doing their own shit, the personalities on top means if you are fucked or not.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Had someone thrown off the job today for coming into work sick as a dog and had to basically rat him out to do it. He went to the ER and they sent him back home on Monday but he tried coming in anyway these past two just to do nothing, make his 40hrs for the week. Swears up and down it’s not whatever but he’s coughing and sweating all day. Fuck outta here. Too bad it’s too late for me if it is Corona but we’re dealing with stubborn savages everywhere in the world. For fucks sake, if you’re fucking sick stay the fuck home. But no, moron decided to take public transportation into midtown Manhattan coughing on fucking everything. I’m beyond furious he dared to risk fucking everyone just to make a paycheck. Your money will be worthless when you die. I felt like interrogating him asking to what extent his diabetes effects his health but you know what? How about... get the fuck out. Cuz yea, I think that Veteran’s hospital he exclusively goes to knows how to handle this if it was corona... yea right.

Last edited:
Had someone thrown off the job today for coming into work sick as a dog and had to basically rat him out to do it. He went to the ER and they sent him back home on Monday but he tried coming in anyway these past two just to do nothing, make his 40hrs for the week. Swears up and down it’s not whatever but he’s coughing and sweating all day. Fuck outta here. Too bad it’s too late for me if it is Corona but we’re dealing with stubborn savages everywhere in the world. For fucks sake, if you’re fucking sick stay the fuck home. But no, moron decided to take public transportation into midtown Manhattan coughing on fucking everything. I’m beyond furious he dared to risk fucking everyone just to make a paycheck. Your money will be worthless when you die. I felt like interrogating him asking to what extent his diabetes effects his health but you know what? How about... get the fuck out. Cuz yea, I think that Veteran’s hospital he exclusively goes to knows how to handle this if it was corona... yea right.

I manage a group of guys and have told them that I'll fucking write them up if they come into work sick (I probably cant actually do this but still...). I dont understand employers who want their people to come in to work and hack all over the healthy people....

ManaByte

Gold Member

According to the Los Angeles County Fire Department, an unidentified person was found dead inside of an SUV parked in the 4000 block of South La Cienega Boulevard shortly after noon. A deputy was taken to the hospital from the scene after reportedly becoming ill, though the cause of that illness was not immediately known.

cryptoadam

Banned
One of my employees did call in sick today. But I work in an enclosed space with them so I hope its not Corona.

Better go home and eat 5 grapefruits just to be safe. /s

Jtibh

Banned
  • Todays summery

• LAX screener tests positive
  • New York has reported another 5 case, raising the total to 11.
  • Cali reports 1st death, bringing US toll to 11
  • Pence says US death toll has climbed to 10
  • The US House has passed an $8.3 billion to fight the virus.
  • Italy finally confirms school closure
  • Italy will ban public events, and close cinemas and theaters even though the government denied an earlier ANSA report that the country would also close schools & universities momentarily
  • Fla reports 4th case
  • CDC investigating cruise ship 'Grand Princess' linked to cluster of cases in NorCal
  • Italy urges elderly people to stay indoors if possible
  • Irag confirms 3rd death
  • Slovenia confirms 1st case
  • Brazil records 3rd case
  • Ecuador confirms 3 new cases, raising total to 10
  • Pence confirms after meeting airline execs that travelers from Italy & SK would be tested multiple times
  • German finance minister declares outbreak "a global pandemic"
  • Russia blames "enemies" for spreading fake news about outbreak
  • Israel urges people to stop shaking hands, will quarantine travelers from most of Europe
  • EU reports a second coronavirus case at its headquarters in Brussels
  • France has reported 28 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total to 285
  • UK cases surge by 34 to a total of 85 - a 66% surge.
  • China reported 119 additional coronavirus cases and 38 additional deaths
  • South Korea reported 809 additional coronavirus cases and 4 additional deaths; has carried out 136,000 tests
  • Israel quarantines group of soccer fans
  • "Official" Iranian death toll hits 92
  • Saudi suspends Umra pilgrimage
  • Japan confirms 3 more cases from Osaka

Japan recorded 33 new cases of coronavirus on Wednesday, its biggest one-day increase so far, according to data released by its Ministry of Health.
The country's total now stands at 1,023 cases, of which 706 are from the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

hope this is not a trend for them

Dthomp

One of my employees did call in sick today. But I work in an enclosed space with them so I hope its not Corona.

Better go home and eat 5 grapefruits just to be safe. /s

Eating is going to take to long my friend, besides by now your insides are alerady wrecked from CoronaBro and it'll never process in time, it's either bang, or inject the grapefruit right into your veins now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom