• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
here we go again

Iran not caught up yet

that time of the day

😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛

tenor.gif

😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
Listened to the radio earlier about how this stuff can spread through the eyes as well. Ya’ll better wear glasses or goggles.

Same is true for a common cold and many other viral infections.

Statements like these, which are simply universal because they are also published by the media without any meaningful context, unnecessarily contribute to panic because people suddenly think it is some kind of supervirus.

We have some really nice Tech in space

9ICq2ZB.jpg

NASA and European Space Agency (ESA) pollution monitoring satellites have detected significant decreases in nitrogen dioxide (NO2) over China. There is evidence that the change is at least partly related to the economic slowdown following the outbreak of coronavirus. Credit: NASA

China's air pollutant levels dropped in February as a result of measures taken by the nation's government to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus, the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service confirmed on Wednesday.

“The Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS) observed a decrease of fine particulate matter (PM2.5) for February relative to the previous three years,” said the CAMS in a report. It said PM2.5 was one of the “most important air pollutants regarding health impacts,” according to the World Health Organization.

Analysis by the CAMS showed a reduction of approximately 20-30% in air pollutants over large parts of China in February compared with monthly averages in February 2017, 2018 and 2019.

sgb86Cr.jpg

say good-bye to all that back to work

betrayal

Banned
China's numbers are continue to going down.
South Korea numbers are down.
Same for Japan.
Even Iran is down with the numbers of new infections compared to yesterday.

Not too bad i guess, especially when seen in context, these figures actually represent a realistic hope that the virus will cause very little damage in the coming months. This can still all go down the drain quickly in some countries, but media reports and some experts do not match with the figures right from the start of the outbreak.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
Ouh he said the P word!

Germany is doing well why does he want to use the P word

Don't give in, don't surrender ask Iran for the Fast Recovery secret

DxoScs3.png

Last edited:

sinnergy

China's numbers are continue to going down.
South Korea numbers are down.
Same for Japan.
Even Iran is down with the numbers of new infections compared to yesterday.

Not too bad i guess, especially when seen in context, these figures actually represent a realistic hope that the virus will cause very little damage in the coming months. This can still all go down the drain quickly in some countries, but media reports and some experts do not match with the figures right from the start of the outbreak.
UK Made predictions based on computer models that their high will be in 2 -3 months and another 2 -3 to go down ... so we are half a year away!

I do like your optimism, but this gonna. be a marathon.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Ah, well I think it is true. AFAIK it has shown up in The Netherlands (same as Holland) probably about a week ago. It was even news that the Nike Europe HQ which happens to be there, had a shutdown because one employee was found to be infected.
Yes , Holland is another name for The Netherlands. We just added 15 more . So that would be 38.

And closed other hospital departments because they let a doctor work who came back from Italy 🇮🇹 🤣.

It’s a complete joke imo, looks like they want it to spread.

betrayal

Banned
UK Made predictions based on computer models that their high will be in 2 -3 months and another 2 -3 to go down ... so we are half a year away!

I do like your optimism, but this gonna. be a marathon.

Like i already said, if a country fucks up, they will suffer. But that will not be the case for every country.

Edit: A high peak of 1000 - 5000 news cases per day for a few months in the UK, which could be called a sucess, is nothing dramatic. That's ~1.4% of UKs population.

Last edited:

Liljagare

There are definitely more people infected in the Netherlands. GPs in here are a joke, they give you paracetamol for everything.

Sounds like here in Sweden, where they are so overburdened on normal day to day operations that the standard first answer is always, take a ibuprofen and two paracetamol, call us in a week, no matter what is wrong with you.

We have more bed's apparently, in mothball, but no staff anymore since they keep slimming down everything, we also just built the most expensive hospital in the world, but they forgot tons of things in it, it's just a big mess.

Our larger hospitals goes into emergency mode like every month, it's becoming the new norm to read about, and I read that our intensive care bed positions are usually full, just from normal operation, so, we're in for a joyride if this virus becomes a big outbreak.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said that fake stories about coronavirus in Russia are being planted from abroad and there is nothing “critical” happening in the country.

“Regarding these provocations, the FSB (Federal Security Service) reports that most of these planted news come from abroad and this unfortunately always follows us around,” Putin said during a meeting with the government.

“Thank God, there is nothing critical happening here but people must be informed of the real situation so I ask that this process is properly organized," he added.

Finally someone is calling out all those fake ass reports and numbers, good on you mate.

Ma-Yuan

This artikel claims there currently 2 Variants of this new Coronovirus (which I weirdly suspected since the outbreak in Wuhan).

L-Version more infectious and deadly and mainly prominent in Wuhan and S-Version less in infectious. (70-L to 30-S in Wuhan)
Because Wuhan was under lock down the S-Version could spread more widely because L couldn't escape. Basically the S-Version got help to spread compared to L.

They say also its speculation and the article from a since magazin isn't peer reviewed yet.

Last edited:

Yeshiva University in New York announced today that one of their students has tested positive for coronavirus. This marks the third case in New York.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family as well as to all those affected,” the University said in a health alert.

The release did not identify the student.

Some context: Westchester County and New York City and state officials said in various briefings yesterday that the son of a man infected with coronavirus attended Yeshiva University.

It's not clear if the case Yeshiva University announced today is the man's son.

Yeshiva also announced Tuesday a law school student is in self-quarantine as instructed by his or her doctor, as a precaution because of contact with the infected man’s law firm. The student is reporting no symptoms.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Hong Kong health authorities confirmed on Wednesday that a pet dog belonging to a Covid-19 patient had contracted the coronavirus, with experts calling it the first reported case of human-to-animal transmission.
The Pomeranian, which repeatedly tested “weak positive”since last Friday – suggesting it was surface contamination, with the dog picking up traces of the virus in its nose and mouth rather than being actually infected – will now remain under quarantine with the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department for further testing.

don't look at me I did not write it, you read it

Yay an asshole in New England who knew?

so close to my home

calm down, relax smiles you got this get a cold drink

uhuN47P.jpg

Last edited:

autoduelist

What the hell is this? It’s a pandemic. Not a poker game???

You lacked math skills, so I put it into different terms since I did not think teaching you probability was a worthwhile endeavor. Based on your response, I was correct.

Last edited:

Fun Fanboy

Banned
they seriously wrote a guide for this shit

The US Department of Homeland Security recommends on its website that, before a pandemic strikes, to store a two-week supply of water and food, as well as over-the-counter medications you tend to take.

they planned this shit

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yes , Holland is another name for The Netherlands. We just added 15 more . So that would be 38.

And closed other hospital departments because they let a doctor work who came back from Italy 🇮🇹 🤣.

It’s a complete joke imo, looks like they want it to spread.
Well it's nothing on some idiot here, who brought the disease in here. He was skiing in Italy, despite the warning. Was sick when he arrived and then from the hospital he wrote "don't worry is not a big of a deal, I am feeling good". Hope he ended up being in coma and someone trips over the power cable for the life sustainable machine.

Breakage

There's been a jump in infections in the UK. It's at 87 now up from 85 earlier today (two new cases just confirmed on the BBC news channel:

Last edited:

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
1000 cases in US by March 11th. Book it.

We probably already have 10 times that.
We won't see it in testing for a couple of weeks though.
In LA they just said they're following CDC protocols for testing, which I believe is still just people in known contact with COVID patients, and people who travelled to infected areas.
China will soon be the safest place in the world, and I wouldn't be surprised if they limit their borders to us eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom