• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 people who attended a biotech meeting in Massachusetts have coronavirus
From CNN's Chuck Johnson

Three people who attended a meeting last week at Biogen Headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to the company.
The patients "are doing well, improving and under the care of their healthcare providers," the biotech company said in a statement.

Last edited:

Banned

Here's a state-by-state breakdown of cases around the US:

1. Arizona – 2
  2. California – 49 (includes 1 fatality)
  3. Colorado - 2
  4. Florida – 4
  5. Georgia - 2
  6. Illinois - 5
  7. Maryland - 3
  8. Massachusetts - 3
  9. Nevada - 1
  10. New Hampshire – 2
  11. New Jersey - 2
  12. New York - 22
  13. North Carolina - 1
  14. Oregon - 3
  15. Pennsylvania- 2
  16. Rhode Island - 2
  17. Tennessee - 1
  18. Texas - 5
  19. Washington state - 70 (includes 13 fatalities)
  20. Wisconsin – 1

I don’t believe it(I believe it’s much worse)

Wet tp gets stuck to you which i'm not a fan of.

Gotta get that 3 ply stuff.

PowerlessLinedFunnelweaverspider-max-1mb.gif

Jtibh

Banned
  • 14th death reported in the US as case total hits 234
  • Germany reports 90 new cases to 534
  • U. of Washington will move all classes online for rest of semester
  • Italy reports another 678 cases
  • Gap closes NYC office
  • New York cases climb to 33
  • Baggage handler at Heathrow tests positive
  • Madrid closes old folks homes
  • Trump visit to CDC is back on
  • WHO: "false hope" that virus will disappear when summer arrives
  • WHO: We don't know mortality rate
  • Kudlow: "Buy stocks"
  • 2nd death in UK, cases hit 163; France reports 2 new deaths bringing total to 9
  • French total cases hits 577
  • Egypt reports 12 cases aboard cruise ship on the Nile
  • 2,733 asked to voluntarily quarantine in NYC
  • Trump scraps trip to CDC
  • Switzerland, the Netherlands report 1st deaths
  • Slovakia only country in Europe without coronavirus
  • Russia accuses Italy of spreading virus
  • Singapore reports 13 new cases, largest one-day jump since outbreak began
  • US case total: 234
  • South Korea, Japan feud over virus
  • Microsoft, Adidas, Lockheed say at least 1 employee has contracted virus
  • China claims it can have vaccine ready by April
  • Pompeo says China withheld information, leaving US "behind the curve"

Missing john campbell update. Where is he????

At least 33 people in New York state test positive for coronavirus
From CNN's Sheena Jones

At least 33 people have tested positive for coronavirus across the state of New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said moments ago at a press conference.
That number is up from 23 that CNN previously reported.
Five of the 33 people are currently hospitalized and they are improving, Cuomo said.

“This is like a flu on steroids,” he added.
Cuomo said at least 4,000 people are under a "precautionary quarantine."

dunno about Italy but at least they are testing folks.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
So many people getting it from business meetings.

Need to stop people from shaking hands.

Probably need to just quarantine non-essential personelle across the country for a month in all fields, work at home programs etc. Just hit pause on the economy.

Jooxed

Gold Member

New York is kinda messy right now. Not sure what the nimbers will be at the end of the day.

New York for sure is going to be a mess. My town of DC is only going to be a matter of time. I live in between two international airports. Im actually surprised we arent there yet.

Jtibh

Banned
New York for sure is going to be a mess. My town of DC is only going to be a matter of time. I live in between two international airports. Im actually surprised we arent there yet.
I am well preppared. I played and beaten the divison.
Hope they will have dark zone .

cryptoadam

Banned
With Jews getting it at least no one will say it was DA JOOOS see none of them are infected LOL.

I don't know if my doctor was being serious or not but he said they are going to be testing a corona vaccine and that his office will be one of the first to get it. Said because some of the drugs they use are good against Corona.

(Its a Rheumatologist BTW)

Jooxed

Gold Member
Maryland got cases, DC is being watched might not be testing.

yeah i read about the 3 cases in Maryland this morning I am just surprised DC has not blown up yet because of the vicinity. It really is only a matter of time.

I live in Alexandria and work in DC.. hopefully the government folk start working from home to lighten my commute. Silver lining :)

With Jews getting it at least no one will say it was DA JOOOS see none of them are infected LOL.

I don't know if my doctor was being serious or not but he said they are going to be testing a corona vaccine and that his office will be one of the first to get it. Said because some of the drugs they use are good against Corona.

(Its a Rheumatologist BTW)

Israel is not having a good time with this thing......but someone will still say it because people are dumb. I've heard from several different people that this is a big conspiracy to bring down Trumps economy and make him look bad.

Infectious disease experts urge Americans age 60 and older to reconsider their usual activities
From CNN Health’s Elizabeth Cohen

Amid an outbreak of the novel coronavirus in the United States, two top infectious disease experts with close ties to the federal government are advising people age 60 and older and people with immune issues to strongly consider avoiding activities that involve large crowds, such as traveling by airplane, going to movie theaters, attending family events, shopping at crowded malls and going to religious services.
Dr. William Schaffner, a Vanderbilt University professor and longtime adviser to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said people in these two groups "should strongly consider not doing these activities at this juncture."
“This ought to be top of mind for people over 60, and those with underlying health problems, such as heart or lung disease, diabetes, or compromised immune systems,” he added.
“I think clearly the time has come to take these steps,” said Michael Osterholm, a former state epidemiologist for Minnesota, who has served on committees advising the federal government on public health issues.

are people travelling to china right now?

are they letting people fly out of china right now?

i wonder what it's like to live in china right now

Jooxed

Gold Member

I have a couple friends in China they are pretty much confined to their houses currently from work. but things are slowly getting back to normal.

Yes, China has been inviting Italians to come in so they can post them on the daily reports of positive cases coming into China from outside.

I wish I was 100% Joking.

betrayal

Banned
4.2 CFR in Italy! Wtf?

Guess the average age of the current 197 dead in Italy.

The national health institute said the average age of those who had died so far was 81, with the vast majority suffering underlying health problems. Just 28% were women.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ar-200-after-biggest-daily-jump-idUSKBN20T2ML

But hey, I'm just the type for simple statistics and facts, so unfortunately I can't contribute to the hysteria.

Last edited:
I am not surprised by the ineptitude of Oregon's government, just tired of it. They still claim only 3 cases but it seems they have been holding 28 tests for days awaiting results. Also, they will only allow one state run lab to do the tests. They say they have the capability to run up to 80 tests a day but since they double check each one its actually more like 40. Since these 28 tests are still "pending" my guess is that even 40 tests a day is too much for them.

Ingeniero

At the end of the day it's going to be in every country man. There is no sense in panicking just take care of yourself the best you can and keep optimistic.
I was supposed to travel next weekend to the beach to "relax", the same city as the first reported case.... I don't know man, I think I'll pass now.... but I also think I am overreacting.
This sucks.

Take care everybody, be safe!

Jooxed

Gold Member
I was supposed to travel next weekend to the beach to "relax", the same city as the first reported case.... I don't know man, I think I'll pass now.... but I also think I am overreacting.
This sucks.

Take care everybody, be safe!

Yeah if your nervous about it crowded places are probably the last place you should go I doubt you would get much relaxation :) Just take care of yourself and try not to let it get to you.

Kadayi

Banned
So many people getting it from business meetings.

Need to stop people from shaking hands.

Where I'm freelancing has been pretty stringent on stuff (no handshakes, and medical level handwashing posters in the bathrooms etc, as well as loads of Anti-bac) and albeit they are a design consultancy they've sent out notice to their clients today that they'd prefer any and all meetings for the foreseeable be conducted via Skype etc. Although they're in a good position to be able to remain operational in the short term (most people can work remotely if push comes to shove) they are concerned about the long term impact if most of the office is out of commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom