• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in Ontario
From CNN’s Elizabeth Joseph

Canadian officials confirmed an additional two cases of coronavirus in British Columbia on Saturday, bringing the country wide total to 59.

One of the new cases is a man in his 20s who returned from Italy on March 3 and presented himself to a Toronto hospital’s emergency department, according to a provincial government press release.

The other case is of a woman in her 60s who returned from Iran on March 2 and presented herself to a Richmond Hill emergency department.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
So for funs.

Story one:
Was at the store today. There was a guy with his wife dissecting a cleaning sponge.
Explaining to her how he will use it to make a mast out of it.

Story 2:

Our friend on toronto reported she saw 4 asians in a car wearing masks.
But when they got out of the car to enter the store they took them off.
Why??

Jtibh

Banned
2 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in Ontario
From CNN’s Elizabeth Joseph

Canadian officials confirmed an additional two cases of coronavirus in British Columbia on Saturday, bringing the country wide total to 59.

One of the new cases is a man in his 20s who returned from Italy on March 3 and presented himself to a Toronto hospital’s emergency department, according to a provincial government press release.

The other case is of a woman in her 60s who returned from Iran on March 2 and presented herself to a Richmond Hill emergency department.

Forget about canada.
Just heard again on the radio that the risk here is the lowest in the world and we shouldnt worry at all.
But at the same time they say we just got another 6 cases in a day in ontario.

We are just at the very beginning of this but i have to agree the spread here would be minimal due to the large space between cities and also we have very little public transportation , most of us use their vehicles to go from a to b.

Also tim hortons wont have roll up the rim on their cups this year.

Ownage

So for funs.

Story one:
Was at the store today. There was a guy with his wife dissecting a cleaning sponge.
Explaining to her how he will use it to make a mast out of it.

Story 2:

Our friend on toronto reported she saw 4 asians in a car wearing masks.
But when they got out of the car to enter the store they took them off.
Why??
Stinky tofu farts.

it was good knowing ya'll

A little detail

Kansas reports its first presumptive positive coronavirus case
From CNN's Hollie Silverman

The first presumptive positive case of coronavirus was identified in Kansas on Saturday, according to a press release from Gov. Laura Kelly’s office.
The patient is a woman under the age of 50 from Johnson County, the release said.
She is home on self-isolation. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health department are trying to identify and reach people who may have had contact with the woman while she was infectious, according to the release.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What the guy is saying doesn't make sense. People with light symptoms can be home quarantined, and even if they were quarantined in a hospital they aren't in the ICU getting oxygen etc. Limiting testing doesn't reduce the amount of deaths.

I suppose it depends on how it's done. If people are encouraged to go to hospitals to get tested, then I could see how that could take up hospital resources and personnel's time. However, if special testing sites are set up and the staff operating them would not otherwise be treating patients with more serious symptoms, then I suppose what he's saying wouldn't apply.

Jtibh

Banned

this shit is so great on so many levels ><

As hard as i try i dont get the connection between toilet paper and the virus.

This is truly a mass histeria and scenes like this are the reason people make fun of the whole situation.

At the end of the day all they will remember of covid 19 is toilet paper

Jtibh

Banned
  • 21 cases confirmed aboard 'Grand Princess'
  • San Francisco confirms six new cases
  • Italy quarantines half the country
  • British Columbia confirms six cases
  • Spain quarantines town
  • First case in Washington DC
  • US death toll hits 19 as two more cases in WA.
  • New York cases hit 76
  • Australia reports third death

US coronavirus cases now at 437
From CNN's Shawn Nottingham

There are 437 cases of coronavirus in the United States, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as state and local governments.
There are 49 cases from repatriated citizens from Wuhan (3) and the Diamond Princess (46), according to the CDC. Twenty-one, meanwhile, are from the Grand Princess cruise ship being held off California.
According to CNN Health’s tally of US cases that are detected and tested in the United States through US public health systems, 367 cases are in 30 states, bringing the total of coronavirus cases to 437.

Youtubers always have give away contests to boost subs, but those are kind of tasteless considering the topic they are reporting on.

This is not the first time I heard of the idea of calling it retired doctors and nurses though the report could be true.
UK wants to try the same idea.

I think they are ignore the fact that Old Age and this Virus are not best of friends

Jtibh

Banned
There is a profit motive attached to his sensationalism.
I see.

But the news from italy is legit.
Milan is also on lockdown.

Uk is also thinking of calling back retired staff.
Was on the bbc news. Though nurses said fuck it no chance they go back to work but also for the reson they would be most at risk given their age.

Asked my wife if they can do that and she said yes.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If you noticed in the tweet there was his own editorializing opinions along with the news.

"Italy is breaking down", as well as "the CDC is failing".

If a viewer reading that becomes scared, he is then inclined to want to get a gas mask, and then subscribe to his channel, thus implementing a profit for him the more he freaks out his audience.

cryptoadam

Banned
Forget about canada.
Just heard again on the radio that the risk here is the lowest in the world and we shouldnt worry at all.
But at the same time they say we just got another 6 cases in a day in ontario.

We are just at the very beginning of this but i have to agree the spread here would be minimal due to the large space between cities and also we have very little public transportation , most of us use their vehicles to go from a to b.

Also tim hortons wont have roll up the rim on their cups this year.

We wont start popping off till USA gets to 1000 cases. But when they hit 1K which should be by next friday at the latest canada gonna be next.

Montreal will get hit hard we have tons of italians and Middle eastern people.

I say we hit 1k by end of March early april.

Jtibh

Banned
We wont start popping off till USA gets to 1000 cases. But when they hit 1K which should be by next friday at the latest canada gonna be next.

Montreal will get hit hard we have tons of italians and Middle eastern people.

I say we hit 1k by end of March early april.
I think i will have to check with my doctor for meds in case of self isolation.

Not wrong party leadership got exposed, I can see how the bolded part could give you the wrong impression.
I see what you are getting at, but to be clear don't really consider the top dogs the only ones I consider to be leadership.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: if real and if recent.

ccYdCvX.png

It's almost like you're hoping for that.

Eh don't put words in my brain, If I was hoping for it I'll come out and say that is what I want to happen, I am looking at trends from 2 months of posting here. It is not a hope at all it is what I expect to see in 2 weeks from that many being isolated for 14 days.

I see.

Uk is also thinking of calling back retired staff.
Was on the bbc news. Though nurses said fuck it no chance they go back to work but also for the reson they would be most at risk given their age.

Asked my wife if they can do that and she said yes.

Is it though? Come back with a legit source and not a fear mongering sensationalist out to profit of the fear he sows and maybe I'll take it seriously. As it stands when someone is so blatant with their intentions the credibility takes a huge hit.

nush

This is truly a mass histeria and scenes like this are the reason people make fun of the whole situation.

Even in mainland China they are not panic buying toilet paper. It's insane.

Jtibh

Banned
Is it though? Come back with a legit source and not a fear mongering sensationalist out to profit of the fear he sows and maybe I'll take it seriously. As it stands when someone is so blatant with their intentions the credibility takes a huge hit.

Porcile

There isn't a connection at all. People are just insane. If I'm stuck inside for a month and I run out of toilet paper, I'm just going to use the shower or something. Worst case scenario I just use some old rag and wash it thoroughly after.. My toilet even has a spray. In Japan it makes no sense that people are going so crazy over it. Unless people have some other use for toilet roll that I'm unaware of. The only thing I can imagine is using it to remove makeup?

People should be stocking up on emergency food instead, but I've had no problem buying food at all.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Why are you guys giving people shit for just posting reports?
Its ok i gwt where he is coming from so i posted another link for him.

But true i see a lot of attacks lately and i dont get it.

Maybe the standards and expectations are high in here dont know.

But hey lets just continue as before.

Porcile

It was first reported in Hong Kong, so maybe asians in the US that are from Hong Kong??

In Japan it started because people spread information on Twitter that the toilet roll in Japan is manufactured by China using the same materials that masks are made from. As it turns out both of those are completely false, since toilet is mostly made from recycled paper and pulp (not sourced from China) and only about 2% of toilet paper in Japan is made in China, the rest is domestically produced. But it's too late for facts now. Now everyone has deeply ingrained FOMO whenever they see toilet paper on a store shelf. The hysteria spread to the most FOMO hysterical nation on the planet after that aka The U.S.A.

Last edited:
Why are you guys giving people shit for just posting reports?

Think of it more as peer reviewing reports. People pointing out that the person posting the reports is also offering masks for subs isnt giving the poster shit. This would be considered unscrupulous behavior that puts a dent in their credibility and at a time when nonsense is being spouted all over in a situation like this, credibility and legitimacy are needed.

To be honest, Telengana Today isn't what I expected when I asked for a reputable source but it is certainly far more reliable than some janroni trading masks for subs.

Its ok i gwt where he is coming from so i posted another link for him.

But true i see a lot of attacks lately and i dont get it.

Maybe the standards and expectations are high in here dont know.

But hey lets just continue as before.

We can't have it both ways, That youtuber yeah he was super scum just wants to boost his channel numbers.

I don't mean just that. We can't post reports and have you liking every source we find. We are not getting paid to update here. Getting shit on for every post is discouraging.

I am being told, I am HOPING for the numbers I said I am expecting. It is like no matter what we post in here someone gives you shit for it. It is not a fun topic in the first place so stop giving people shit.

If you have credible sources you like please post them, rather than giving someone shit for a source you don't like. You don't agree with something just say so don't project shit or mind read.

We can't have it both ways, That youtuber yeah he was super scum just wants to boost his channel numbers.

I don't mean just that. We can't post reports and have you liking every source we find. We are not getting paid to update here. Getting shit on for every post is discouraging.

I am being told, I am HOPING for the numbers I said I am expecting. It is like no matter what we post in here someone gives you shit for it. It is not a fun topic in the first place so stop giving people shit.

If you have credible sources you like please post them, rather than giving someone shit for a source you don't like. You don't agree with something just say so don't project shit or mind read.

Eh, I disagree. Considering the misinformation going around this is exactly the time when people should be picking apart sources. We can definitely do it with civility though and I'll keep that in mind going forward.

Last edited:
Think of it more as peer reviewing reports. People pointing out that the person posting the reports is also offering masks for subs isnt giving the poster shit. This would be considered unscrupulous behavior that puts a dent in their credibility and at a time when nonsense is being spouted all over in a situation like this, credibility and legitimacy are needed.

To be honest, Telengana Today isn't what I expected when I asked for a reputable source but it is certainly far more reliable than some janroni trading masks for subs.

I understand the logic but we are not getting paid for that shit, posting a shitty youtuber and getting backlash for him being scum was a given. But that is exactly my point finding a source that everyone will like is not going to be easy, even the source he found for you is not perfect. If you are not getting paid for your time people should not expect such high standards out of you. I'm not saying we need to be paid, I am pointing out you guys are placing high standards on a forum post requirement.

There are nicer ways to ask for a better sources than to give the poster shit though. Or even pointing out that his source is scum reflects poorly on the poster.

CNN FOXNEWS MSNBC I hate them all I don't play the GOP vs DEM stuff but rather I care about who updates faster.

I can't always trust CNN not to spin reports against Trump or Pence, so I focus on BNO.

Any story with Trump or Pence in it will trigger a shit reply. That is what I'm getting at. Not just you but here in general.
This is not an easy topic to update, people are dying, yet some here want to say it is a mild non-issue event, while others are saying you are hoping for doomsday. So many fucking standards you have to meet just to post and not get shit on.

Starfield

If the numbers do get worse around the world than in China i seriously hope everyone at the WHO gets fired, China gets blocked off from the whole world (companies will have to make rheir products somewhere else eg: vietnam) and then this will be it.

China are liers. They can only manipulate. Fuck China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom