• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

Trump can't really do 'right' here. Accurately state we have a pandemic, cause panic. Tell people to prepare, cause panic. Tell people not to worry, possibly cause spread. Stay silent, fail to lead.

Sticking with purely factual statements is about the best he can do. I don't like the tweet... but i understand the tweet. If the president tweeted what i would want him to tweet - start cancelling events, get food, etc it would cause a mass panic and economic disaster... so i wouldn't necessarily tweet it. I don't envy the position.

I assume he's talking to cdc officials and knows far, far more than we do. If it's not a big deal, we will hear this calming tweet. If it's way worse... he will seek to calm us down. So... those trying to weaponize this against him, let's see the tweet you would write to the world if you were president. And remember, if your choice is silence you will be condemned for not leading us.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Hand Sanitizer is not a real soap or germ killing solution, it's a mix of random chemical garbage which is why top people in medicine don't use it, it won't protect you from any virus and some can get into the bloodstream after constant heavy use day by day. Use real soap, we have absorbing soap these days. Check the ingredients.
Well this i will confirm with my wife. See what she has to say.

Skepticism about that number aside, China also took far more drastic measures than Italy. They went full martial law in Wuhan, making people go through checkpoints, cycle their gloves & masks, sign off on a sheet so they knew who was coming/going out of the neighborhoods. It was some Half-Life 2 shit, but for a good cause.

Even the WHO today acknowledged that cases in China were dropping. Its not in their interest to downplay something like that, so I believe them.

WHO is a politically motivated organization trying to remove gender for your kids constantly facing lawsuits for bull.

You will have a busy week with providing updates AND reason with the flu elites.
But if someone can do that its you. Staying till 5 am in the morning and still going strong even now.

You sure you not some AI?

No, Insomnia.

Also I find stupid people fascinate me. I have been stupid most of my life. Made plenty of mistakes listening to humans spin shit around in their heads thinking they got answers and shit. Fascinating stuff.

I even joined a cult when I was in Art School. fascinating shit.

So this thread here is GAF GOLD, I missed this shit so much :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_weary:

That and the fact that I have a disease that if I catch this shit I'm fucked :messenger_astonished:

Seriously it took me forever to stop being a stupid thinker. Now I try to learn something new everyday just to make up for lost time. I'm still pretty stupid though. But I am not going to stick around too long I got Animal Crossing and my art projects to work on.

Last edited:
I like this info

How do I know if I have a cold or coronavirus?
Your questions, answered

The biggest challenge doctors are facing is telling the difference between a mild infection of coronavirus and a cold or mild flu, said Dr. Daniel Kuritzkes, chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
"The symptoms of mild coronavirus infection are really no different than the symptoms of a cold or mild influenza," he said. "I think right now what we are saying is that the people we would be concerned about are those who are traveling to a country that's considered to be a high-risk country or who have been contact with somebody who has been diagnosed with coronavirus. That's one of the reasons we may be missing other people who don't fall into one of those categories and have very mild disease and the challenges that are until testing more widely available is going to be harder to catch every last case."
Since there is no vaccine for coronavirus, Kuritzkes said the best way to treat yourself, if you have mild symptoms, "is the same way you treat a cold."

That should add fuel to the I can't think my way out of my own ass crowd's fire. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Hand Sanitizer is not a real soap or germ killing solution, it's a mix of random chemical garbage which is why top people in medicine don't use it, it won't protect you from any virus and some can get into the bloodstream after constant heavy use day by day. Use real soap, we have absorbing soap these days. Check the ingredients.
"Random chemical garbage" lol, is that what you use to cook up your shitty takes? Certainly smells like it.

ExpandKong

Banned
Hand Sanitizer is not a real soap or germ killing solution, it's a mix of random chemical garbage which is why top people in medicine don't use it

Bruh I've been in and out of a couple different hospitals the last six months and there are hand sanitizer stations at every entrance and inside every patient room. Like yes it's not a miracle gel or something but to say some shit like this is just...puzzling.

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
Watching Contagion 2011 right now.
Now this movie makes more sense to me.
CwppgdG.png

pWjf9la.png

Louisiana reports first presumptive positive case of coronavirus
The Louisiana Department of Health has reported the state’s first presumptive positive case of coronavirus, according to a statement from Gov. John Bel Edwards’ office.
The Jefferson Parish resident has been hospitalized in Orleans Parish.
“While today is the first time that we can confirm that we have a presumptive positive coronavirus case, Louisiana has been preparing for this moment for many weeks,” Edwards said.
The governor will a news conference with public health officials later today.

New Jersey has 5 new presumptive positive cases of coronavirus
From CNN's Sheena Jones

New Jersey has 5 new presumptive positive cases of coronavirus, Lt. Gov. Shelia Oliver said Monday afternoon.
The state now has a total of 11 positive cases, Oliver said.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
WHO is a politically motivated organization trying to remove gender for your kids constantly facing lawsuits for bull.

What are you even talking abo-

Oh.

DO6aZ2l.png

Bruh I've been in and out of a couple different hospitals the last six months and there are hand sanitizer stations at every entrance and inside every patient room. Like yes it's not a miracle gel or something but to say some shit like this is just...puzzling.

Why do you think they started rapidly pushing hand sanitizer out of nowhere AFTER skeptical medical reports? You guys are so used to seeing it you don't even look into what it's actually made out of, some hospitals are removing the damn things for a reason, and when more data comes out so will your more standard facilities.

Meanwhile keep thinking that's going to help protect you from Coronavirus, go on.

Jtibh

Banned
No, Insomnia.

Also I find stupid people fascinate me. I have been stupid most of my life. Made plenty of mistakes listening to humans spin shit around in their heads thinking they got answers and shit. Fascinating stuff.

I even joined a cult when I was in Art School. fascinating shit.

So this thread here is GAF GOLD, I missed this shit so much :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_weary:

That and the fact that I have a disease that if I catch this shit I'm fucked :messenger_astonished:

Seriously it took me forever to stop being a stupid thinker. Now I try to learn something new everyday just to make up for lost time.
I am not going to stick around too long I got Animal Crossing and my art projects to work on.
Gummies man gummies.

I am in the same boat with my health.
Its funny i go to the gym 3 times a week i do a lot of lifting even at work . I look HOT!!!
And it takes me one fever for bacterias eating up my heart.

I dont have time for stupid people unless i get paid by them. And oh my god rich people....are stupid and i scretch my head every day how they got so far in life and where did i get it wrong.

On a better note toilet paper is back on the shelves yeah.
Also gas is 86cents canadian a liter. Awesome.
But they also talk on the radio to shut down all stores restaurants etc and send people home for 3 weeks.
For real.

So if flu is worse why fuck up my revenue?
Something makes no sence and this is the goverment.
On one hand they tell you no reason to worry and flu is worse. You should worry about the flu.
On the other hand they want to shut down all these locations and ask people to work from home or just stay home for a few weeks.

Why?
Please flu bros i need an answer to this so i can sue the goverment for damages if they force me to stay home.

What are you even talking abo-

Too hard to use the search engine huh?

WHO who removed certain conditions off lists without evidence so people can use chemicals on kids for gender illnesses. They also did the same for certain Opioids. Not a single piece of research cites all political, doing it for years, but you trust them because?

You're ignorant? I guess?

Also again I guess the FDA and John Hopkins are liars, all those professional medical experts and their data are replaced by news blogs, personal beliefs, and politically influenced organizations.

jts

...hate me...
It doesn't kill viruses. It's anti-bacterial.
It does kill viruses besides bacteria.

You really have no clue what's in the various type of hand sanitizer if you think that's all it is. You're' not even trying to not be ignorant at this point. Shit is easy to find.
13lJdEFsFCJDZwmi6-t2jdA.jpeg

It's not all there is to it, but from the moment it is 70%+ (or even 60%+) alcohol it is effective. The rest is to make it a gel and smell good.

ExpandKong

Banned
Why do you think they started rapidly pushing hand sanitizer out of nowhere AFTER skeptical medical reports? You guys are so used to seeing it you don't even look into what it's actually made out of, some hospitals are removing the damn things for a reason, and when more data comes out so will your more standard facilities.

Meanwhile keep thinking that's going to help protect you from Coronavirus, go on.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Hand sanitizer has been a fixture at hospitals for over a decade now. There's a difference in saying "well it won't really protect you from coronavirus" and saying "it is literal garbage made from lies."

Gummies man gummies.

I am in the same boat with my health.
Its funny i go to the gym 3 times a week i do a lot of lifting even at work . I look HOT!!!
And it takes me one fever for bacterias eating up my heart.

I dont have time for stupid people unless i get paid by them. And oh my god rich people....are stupid and i scretch my head every day how they got so far in life and where did i get it wrong.

On a better note toilet paper is back on the shelves yeah.
Also gas is 86cents canadian a liter. Awesome.
But they also talk on the radio to shut down all stores restaurants etc and send people home for 3 weeks.
For real.

So if flu is worse why fuck up my revenue?
Something makes no sence and this is the goverment.
On one hand they tell you no reason to worry and flu is worse. You should worry about the flu.
On the other hand they want to shut down all these locations and ask people to work from home or just stay home for a few weeks.

Why?
Please flu bros i need an answer to this so i can sue the goverment for damages if they force me to stay home.

I've been having a rought time so I need to laugh and vent so not getting paid but it helps me or at least remind me I could be this guy if I don't watch and be alert of my own mind. To be mindful of my own shit.

This virus should have never happened came out of nowhere and fucked a lot of plans. The markets have no idea what they are doing right now. Yet still people think it is not real we are just fucking ourselves up for laughs.

Yo don't even get me started on these little motherfuckers bacterias fuck yo shit up.
I have a port for my monthly treatment and these assholes have infected it 3 times. I had to go under the knife 3 times to get my port removed. The last time they could not even put me under so I had to watch them cut it out of me for over an hour tugging and cutting my chest meat to get the port out. I have PTSD up the ass.

Healthy people have no fucking idea what having a chronic illness is like. So they think this shit is panic mode.

bacterias messed with my heart too. assholes

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Trump can't really do 'right' here. Accurately state we have a pandemic, cause panic. Tell people to prepare, cause panic. Tell people not to worry, possibly cause spread. Stay silent, fail to lead.

Sticking with purely factual statements is about the best he can do. I don't like the tweet... but i understand the tweet. If the president tweeted what i would want him to tweet - start cancelling events, get food, etc it would cause a mass panic and economic disaster... so i wouldn't necessarily tweet it. I don't envy the position.

I assume he's talking to cdc officials and knows far, far more than we do. If it's not a big deal, we will hear this calming tweet. If it's way worse... he will seek to calm us down. So... those trying to weaponize this against him, let's see the tweet you would write to the world if you were president. And remember, if your choice is silence you will be condemned for not leading us.
not sure if this will move people on the fence away from him.. still too early
he has his base and they will stick with him

lets see what happens in the summer

Jtibh

Banned
You really have no clue what's in the various type of hand sanitizer if you think that's all it is. You're' not even trying to not be ignorant at this point. Shit is easy to find.
You see this right here...these comments are the reason no one should judge a persons emotional state based on text.

Its sounds rude but i know you are trying to spread knowledge.

Thats all.

Jtibh

Banned
I've been having a rought time so I need to laugh and vent so not getting paid but it helps me or at least remind me I could be this guy if I don't watch and be alert of my own mind. To be mindful of my own shit.

This virus should have never happened came out of nowhere and fucked a lot of plans. The markets have no idea what they are doing right now. Yet still people think it is not real we are just fucking ourselves up for laughs.

Yo don't even get me started on these little motherfuckers bacterias fuck yo shit up.
I have a port for my monthly treatment and these assholes have infected it 3 times. I had to go under the knife 3 times to get my port removed. The last time they could not even put me under so I had to watch them cut it out of me for over an hour tugging and cutting my chest meat to get the port out. I have PTSD up the ass.

Healthy people have no fucking idea what having a chronic illness is like. So they think this shit is panic mode.

bacterias messed with my heart too. assholes
I am very sorry to hear all this. I know how awfull things can be .
No one will understand your suffering so i wont even pretend to know what you are going through.

I can tell after my heart surgery the day i got home i just set down in fucking pain ans just started bawling for no reason.
The pain the trauma the scars...it just got to me hard.

I truly hope you have a lot of support from friends and family.
No one should go through ahit like this alone.

Still no updates for Italy for today?

Italy has prison break drama and tanks running around if twitter is to be believed. But no numbers yet soon though.

just in case people think I am joking

also claims that Italy reached 9k cases total not sure what to believe until I see it from good sources

Last edited:

Doczu

Italy has prison break drama and tanks running around if twitter is to be believed. But no numbers yet soon though.

just in case people think I am joking

also claims that Italy reached 9k cases total not sure what to believe until I see it from good sources

Thanks for the infom if the 9k claims are true then it'll be around ~2.6k increase, that's a lot compared to the day before.

Sakura

We've had ~12 deaths from the coronavirus in the US so far. 20,000 from the flu. Why aren't we forcibly quarantining flu suspects?
Are you people for real?
Millions of people have the flu at any given moment. What the hell do you think would happen if millions of people had the coronavirus in the US? That's why they quarantine it.
Watching Contagion 2011 right now.
Now this movie makes more sense to me.
I rewatched it myself the other day. Honestly it is kind of dumb. The new disease goes from like one person to millions in a couple weeks, which is especially crazy when you consider the disease seems to incapacitate people within like a day of getting infected so they wouldn't be very good spreaders. Then they have a vaccine ready for this entirely new disease in a few months. Lots of other stuff.

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
People who skip ahead in the video to the interview, where the person on the right claims they were diagnosed with the virus. Which wont make much sense once you hear how they were brought to the hospital.

Just wondering mate, do you think there is any truth to the rumor that the impact of Covid-19 on the human body is greatly exacerbated by excessive use of blu-rays?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
One thing I haven’t seen broken down is the death rates from the one more deadly strain compared to the other less deadly strain. I keep reading there are two strains and one is more harmful than the other.

eot

Banned
Also again I guess the FDA and John Hopkins are liars, all those professional medical experts and their data are replaced by news blogs, personal beliefs, and politically influenced organizations.
Do you have a specific claim to make or are you just going to keep making vague insinuations like every other conspiracy nut?

Hand hygiene is a top priority at Johns Hopkins Medicine. Hand hygiene means cleaning your hands by either washing them with soap and water, or by using a hand sanitizing gel. Hand hygiene is the number one way to prevent the spread of germs and to prevent infections.

People who are experts in stopping infections work with health care providers, patients and families to make sure that they always keep their hands clean. This helps prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria that cause colds, flu and other infections.

I don't even know how you fake this and get all countries to agree to release numbers and close schools, cancel highly profitable events
how does someone think this lol

I need a nap, I am not going to be the one to post Italy's next update numbers, those don't panic guys will eat me alive if I post that shit

I won't be the the fall guy. I'll come back later to see the damage after they are done freaking out over how calm we all are

eot

Banned
One thing I haven’t seen broken down is the death rates from the one more deadly strain compared to the other less deadly strain. I keep reading there are two strains and one is more harmful than the other.
Another sensationalist claim that spread before it was checked

And so the roman empire falls again🤣🤣

Not funny.

if that is the total so far it means they have not updated any deaths for the day it may still come in later

not pretty numbers but we kinda knew Italy was running away hope they can turn it around in a few days to see lower reports.

The WHO both confirmed it to be real and also said they were like same car with different license plates both on the same level not one stronger than the other.

Who update streams have been posted they have good info

cryptoadam

Banned

But don't get to excited

However, it won't be available to the human population for some months at least, as the prototype vaccine will first need to be tested on animals.

"The earliest, we think, would be the end of the year," Price said, "The latest would be eighteen months. But we think we could – depending on the approval process of the government – get something in 2020."

I am confident we have the minds to get a vaccine, but its going to be months if not more away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom