• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
zGXvQLh.jpg

Once again no toilet paper. They fill it up daily but its gone in no time.

But i solved the mistery.
When someone coughs 20 people shit their pants.

Or its a bunch of umpa lumpas making fun of us

Just goes to show, when things get real, people look to cover their ass. ;)

My state has stupid people

Hundreds of students protest CIAC’s decision to cancel all winter sports tournaments due to coronavirus

CHESHIRE, Conn. (WTNH) — A major protest from parents, coaches, and players took place on Wednesday morning outside the offices of the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), the organization that canceled the rest of the winter season for all high school sports championship tournaments in the face of the coronavirus.

Last edited:

Hundreds of students protest CIAC’s decision to cancel all winter sports tournaments due to coronavirus

HESHIRE, Conn. (WTNH) — A major protest from parents, coaches, and players took place on Wednesday morning outside the offices of the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), the organization that canceled the rest of the winter season for all high school sports championship tournaments in the face of the coronavirus.

They cancelled a local championship basketball game and parents are literally threatening to sue because their kids potentially missed out on scholarships.

Last edited:
Serious talk, this is going to fuck up any life plans you had for 2020. Hopefully not long term, but anything big you hoped to do this year, plan as if it's not going to happen, because I feel like this is going to have a huge ripple effect across the world and various industries.

Best case scenario is it somehow burns itself out in the next 2 months.

Last edited:
Serious talk, this is going to fuck up any life plans you had for 2020. Hopefully not long term, but anything big you hoped to do this year, plan as if it's not going to happen, because I feel like this is going to have a huge ripple effect across the world and various industries.

Yep, my lady and I were talking yesterday about the plans we had for the year and we both agreed that 2020 is pretty much going to be a write off at this point.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism

Best case is that seasonal weather changes have a dramatic effect on it.

Jtibh

Banned
92% are from people travelling. Lots of Italians and Mid easterners in Montreal. Thats why I feel its going to blow up here soon. Also my work is right in the middle of big Italian and big Middle Eastern area's.

Only silver lining is that close to 80% are over 40 and few people are being hospatilized. I am sure that 13% number is mainly people over 60. I doubt more than 1 or 2 people under 50 have been hospatilized.

Welp the century mark is the big marker. Its make a break for countries. Either you take steps or you are on the road to 1000, which is the path to 10K.

Lets see if Blackface boy takes measures to keep us away from 1K or if he will focus on how trans people will be effected by this and why if the virus is sexist because 55% are female and this is just signs of the patriarchy once again.

Blackface transboy is probably hidding in his gender neutral washroom after this news.
But the moment you throw a pride parade he will come out in his rainbow socks.

Yep, my lady and I were talking yesterday about the plans we had for the year and we both agreed that 2020 is pretty much going to be a write off at this point.

Probably for the best, if things break well, we can all reassess. The world will be doing this together for the most part, so being nimble is going to be a huge asset.

Best case is that seasonal weather changes have a dramatic effect on it.

We can hope! I am not super hopeful though.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

HESHIRE, Conn. (WTNH) — A major protest from parents, coaches, and players took place on Wednesday morning outside the offices of the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), the organization that canceled the rest of the winter season for all high school sports championship tournaments in the face of the coronavirus.

I would find great irony in them getting the Coronavirus from having a large gathering to protest not being able to have a large gathering to protect them from catching it.

In terms of sports, I'll be absolutely crushed if May comes around and I'll be unable to attend the Jays games. Houston will be in town and I really want to witness that bloodbath in person.

I'm begging all major world leaders to quarantine ASAP so we can slow this thing down and make sure those Astros hear what pieces of shit they are for the remainder of the season

I would find great irony in them getting the Coronavirus from having a large gathering to protest not being able to have a large gathering to protect them from catching it.

I'll give them a week for this to blow back the other way, they will be protesting why we are not testing. CT already has 2 cases we are smack in the middle of MASS and NY we can't continue with large gatherings. They don't know what they want.
The bad thing is I'll be exposed to thse folks if I run out of food or toilet paper and need to go get some more.

hemo memo

You can't die before your death
zGXvQLh.jpg

Once again no toilet paper. They fill it up daily but its gone in no time.

But i solved the mistery.
When someone coughs 20 people shit their pants.

Or its a bunch of umpa lumpas making fun of us

Why don’t people use bidet spray with tissues?

Jtibh

Banned
Update (1315ET): One day after recording its largest increase in deaths on record, Italy has reported yet another 30%+ increase in deaths, bringing its death toll to 827 from 631. They also reported a record-breaking 2,000+ new cases on Wednesday.

• ITALY DEATH TOLL FROM CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK RISES TO 827 FROM 631 ON TUESDAY - OFFICIAL
  • ITALY CORONAVIRUS DEATHS JUMP 31% TO 827
  • TOTAL NUMBER OF CONFIRMED CASES OF CORONAVIRUS IN ITALY RISES TO 12,462 FROM 10,149 ON TUESDAY - OFFICIAL
Though the jump in deaths reported yesterday (168) was larger in terms of percentage (36% vs. 31%), today's increase is larger by the numbers.

This is just my opinion but the cause of death is faulty defect toilet paper or lack of it.
Just sayin

San Francisco bans large group gatherings
From CNN's Cheri Mossburg

San Francisco is halting all large group gatherings in an effort to slow the spread of novel coronavirus, Mayor London Breed announced.
Group events of 1,000 or more people will be prohibited for now.
“We know cancelling these events is a challenge for everyone and we’ve been talking with venues and event organizers about the need to protect public health,” Breed said in a statement.

The order will be in place for two weeks and will be revisited as the coronavirus outbreak in the city continues to evolve.

my art event in SF in June is looking less likely, private company hosting it but my hopes are fading

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I'll give them a week for this to blow back the other way, they will be protesting why we are not testing. CT already has 2 cases we are smack in the middle of MASS and NY we can't continue with large gatherings. They don't know what they want.
The bad thing is I'll be exposed to thse folks if I run out of food or toilet paper and need to go get some more.

Yeah, I've built up to about a months worth of food for me over the past few weeks. I'm all set. Just need more beer :ROFLMAO:

Jtibh

Banned
  • WHO declares Covid-19 is a pandemic
  • Congressional doctor says up to
  • First death in Indonesia
  • Washington State to ban events over 200
  • Details of cruiseline industry's 'health and safety proposal' leak
  • 'Waffle House' employee in Atlanta confirmed
  • Chicago cancels St. Paddy's Day parade
  • NY sends in National Guard
  • IADB cancels meeting in Colombia as virus spreads across Latin America
  • Mnuchin says first part of virus stimulus plan will be ready in 2 days
  • Dr. Fauci warns virus 10x more deadly than flu and could infect millions if not handled early
  • FEMA evacuates Atlanta office over coronavirus scare
  • 3 Boeing workers test positie
  • Washington DC advises cancellation or postponement of all gatherings with more than 1,000 people
  • Harvard to prorate room and board for students
  • US cases surpass 1,000
  • UK Health Minister catches virus
  • Ireland, Bulgaria, Sweden report first deaths
  • Connecticut declares state of emergency
  • UK total hits 456 following largest daily jump on record (83 new cases)
  • Global cases pass 120,000
  • South Korea reports new outbreak in call center
  • Japan reportedly planning to declare state of emergency

You know the one that looks extremely mesy. The XFL relaunch. Just a short but one of the teams is in Seattle, WA
XFL needed this to be a success, ouch

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Flying back home today. The airports seem less populated.
Rumor has it my company is going to call for mandatory work from home starting next week.

MrMephistoX

At least the Oregonian (Editorial Board) is calling out the lack of transparency here. Officials keep saying that kids aren't an at risk group so closing the schools is unnecessary but we all know that kids are the worst fucking super spreaders around. Ugh. Anyways, it is good to see the media here calling this out rather than toeing the line.

My home town paper! Good on them...I miss that place :)

The reporting from schools sucks here in SF too...it’s a mutation away from being kid lethal.

They cancelled a local championship basketball game and parents are literally threatening to sue because their kids potentially missed out on scholarships.

Most Universities are shutting down or going online only, maybe they will get an online Scholarship.
Can't have a sports championship if your local school system is closed.

sinnergy

Pandemic because of lightly handling of countries.

Welcome to The Netherlands, 1.5 week to late with school closure , public transport and non essential companies. People who should keep working for stability can carpool up to 4 max in a car.

If the rest is free, highway is empty.

Good going, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to saw it coming .

Called it when I saw it in January in China, yet it almost felt I was alone, I am so frustrated and angry ...

The world had 3 months to prepare ... come on.

Good thing , this thread stood by me!

Take care all!

Last edited:
There are 39 new coronavirus cases in New York, governor says

There are 39 new cases of coronavirus in New York state, bringing the total cases in the state to 212, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said during a news conference today.
Here are where the new cases are being reported:
  • 13 in Westchester
  • 12 in New York City
  • 9 in Nassau County, Long Island
  • 5 in Suffolk County, Long Island

Dthomp

Yeah, I had already basically thrown out any travel plans we had for this year. Trips to Vegas, Memphis, and possibly CA all out the window now. Did minimal prepping cause I can't afford to get this if I can avoid it, but might need to do one last little trip and do some massive piling of food so I don't need to leave the next 4-6 weeks.

My country, Slovakia, has just declared a national emergency (whatever that means). We hardly have any cases, but schools will probably close for two weeks starting tomorrow, (probably).

Need to get my son's diabetes medicine, but otherwise, God I hope the world doesn't go mental.

And if peeps are buying the loo roll, I guess it leaves sane people no other choice but to join in, lest they be without.

Last edited:
Oh, well that's different

With "0.001" JUST THE FLU BRO numbers that's 70,000 - 150,000 dead. With 3% CFR you're looking at 2.1 million - 4.5 million dead.

I think 1% CFR is hopefully more realistic, so 700,000-1.5 million dead in the US of A.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
In terms of sports, I'll be absolutely crushed if May comes around and I'll be unable to attend the Jays games. Houston will be in town and I really want to witness that bloodbath in person.

I'm begging all major world leaders to quarantine ASAP so we can slow this thing down and make sure those Astros hear what pieces of shit they are for the remainder of the season
talking about sport, there is a serious risk of tony vs khabib getting cancelled for the fifth time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom