• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ownage

This is gonna get worse before it gets better. Italy's daily fatalities alone already top China's numbers

bq5HZ92.png
China never told anyone the truth abt the death tolls.

Shit just got real. I guarantee people are going to start caring now.

Not a dude I would wish this on. :(

There are more than enough examples worldwide of racism and prejudice behaviour towards the asian population. There are enough videos showing the mistreatment of asians in regards to this corona virus outbreak. It would ridiculous to think that racism doesn't play a role in the overall social issues that arise from this particular pandemic event.

Try dropping the anti sjw anti liberal schtick for a minute and view the situation with open eyes. This is far more serious then whatever nonsense crusades you have.

I am not denying Asians are facing racism because of this outbreak, I think it's pathetic Canadians are resorting to something so low.

However money can not be thrown at this to make it better. If people are going to be idiotic racists, they're going to be idiotic racists. The best way to stop it would as always be to intervene whenever you see/hear something in public.

So you still haven't answered me how money is going to fix this part of the problem. Maybe try dropping the anyone who disagrees with me must be a conservative boomer shtick and open your eyes. We have a real problem that needs all the resources we have to stop it and now is not the time for trying to solve an unquantifiable problem with millions of tax payer dollars.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So the CSPAN feed didn't cut when the networks did. Trump was heard saying "oh fuck" in a desperate way.

He's totally sick rn.
Probably will be on Youtube soon (I just checked and didn't find)

He's not physically sick but rather under a ton of pressure.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I am not denying Asians are facing racism because of this outbreak, I think it's pathetic Canadians are resorting to something so low.

However money can not be thrown at this to make it better. If people are going to be idiotic racists, they're going to be idiotic racists. The best way to stop it would as always be to intervene whenever you see/hear something in public.

So you still haven't answered me how money is going to fix this part of the problem. Maybe try dropping the anyone who disagrees with me must be a conservative boomer shtick and open your eyes. We have a real problem that needs all the resources we have to stop it and now is not the time for trying to solve an unquantifiable problem with millions of tax payer dollars.

I already answered you. I also linked the website that explains what the money is being used for.

Here, I'll copy and paste it again for you right from the government.

Social and policy countermeasures research, e.g., examining how individuals and communities understand and react to the disease and developing strategies to combat misinformation, stigma, and fear, among other areas.

The money is being used for "social and policy countermeasures research". The research groups will examine "how individuals and communities understand and react to the disease". They will use this newfound knowledge to develop "strategies to combat misinformation, stigma, and fear, among other areas".

It is all right there man. Laid out clear as day on how they are using this money to "fix this part of the problem".

Welp, about to go hit up the grocery store I guess. Probably gonna finish out the rest of the semester online too. Can't even see my grandma now in the hospital whose in for hip surgery replacement.

Darkmakaimura

worn down maybe, sick possibly

or nothing at all, he's been working ungodly hours all week except for a few hours of golf and the like
Worn down and at the realization his good economy is about to freefall. Depressed and tired but probably not physically ill.

Trump cancels trips to Colorado and Nevada due to the coronavirus outbreak
From CNN's Betsy Klein

President Trump will no longer travel to Colorado and Nevada at the end of the week.
“Out of an abundance of caution from the coronavirus outbreak, the President has decided to cancel his upcoming events in Colorado and Nevada,” White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Does anyone know if there's been any reported cases of false positives in the testing? Just curious.

Are tests 100% accurate?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
damn this shit is starting to impact my work. travel is a big part of what i work on, so that's getting all kinds of fucked up. also, we had an all hands meeting scheduled at the office tomorrow, it was cancelled. they told people they can start working from home more if they want.

really wild stuff. im trying to score some w33d this weekend in case i get shut in for a while.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

I have a psyche appt next Monday and it's pretty much only to renew meds. I'm nervous a little because I have to take a bus there and back and there's a lot of nasty people that use public transit here.

Half tempted to call and see if she can renew my meds with the pharmacy but she's kind of a bitch.

Man if I get this I WILL die haha. Getting fucked over each day because of fucking allergies so I can just imagine a stronger version of the flu completely wrecking my shit.

That's my concern as well. I have always had bad allergies, so my lungs are not great.

Almost everyone skilled where I work is 50+ (in terms of operators and maintenance guys), so I have no idea what is going to happen if the factory gets hit. I can work and manage from home easily, but the ground workers are highly vulnerable. A lot of industries have that same issue, particularly ones that are unionized - the critical highly skilled workers are old enough to have a good chance of dying from this and to have a serious case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom