• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The guy on that Rogan podcast said that the likeliest way this dies out (short of a vaccine) is having enough previously infected but recovered people around. He didn’t seem to think reinfection was a thing.
There have been reports of reinfection, but there's not enough data yet to establish a pattern. I also doubt that COVID19 is special in this regard.

But in the rare case that it evolves so quickly that it can reinfect, or that there's something about it that makes some people's antibody response weak, then that would have scary implications for the efficacy of a vaccine.

JordanN

Banned
First professional footballer to test positive for coronavirus:

Double post but here he is posing with other football players 3 days ago. :messenger_fearful:

Vsj3bvj.png

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Suddenly, 68 cases in Brazil. Almost all of them in São Paulo, less than 60 miles from me. Fuck. This is gonna spread really fast. My job is already suffering because of this shit :(

Karma Jawa

Suddenly, 68 cases in Brazil. Almost all of them in São Paulo, less than 60 miles from me. Fuck. This is gonna spread really fast. My job is already suffering because of this shit :(

If the figure of every infection leading to another 2.5 infections is accurate, you can add another 200 to that, and possibly another 500 on top of that, and so on.

Here in the UK the figures shot up to 500 confirmed cases in no time. What’s really concerning is that they’re not localised but spread across the entire country. 3 confirmed cases in my city, Bristol.

Be safe.

I'm livid on the situation. Canada saying we should expect 30-70% of the population to be infected while the Federal government is doing NOTHING to prevent infections.

What do you mean the government is doing nothing? Trudeau is spending $2.6 million on anti-racism to fight the virus

We don't need those funds for hospitals, health care workers or maybe towards manufacturing supplies like masks or hand sanitizers. The real enemy here, as it always has been, is racism.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Reeshitera has already been planning this.

Hv70p7c.png

Also, there was some Democratic Counciller who was calling on people to infect Trump supporters.

yNNTAO6.jpg

There are really sad and pathetic people out there who will weaponize a tragedy just to "own the right".
I'm more surprised that forum banned him for that considering hoe they feel about anyone not far to the left.

Kadayi

Banned
You know anybody who knows anybody who has it?

Pretty sure S Siri does

But still, what does it matter at this stage? Or are you still claiming the entire thing is a hoax because it's an election year? You're that Guy IIRC Right? China just infected themselves because they hate Trump? A few thousand dead means nothing versus making Orange Man look Bad right?

What do you mean the government is doing nothing? Trudeau is spending $2.6 million on anti-racism to fight the virus

We don't need those funds for hospitals, health care workers or maybe towards manufacturing supplies like masks or hand sanitizers. The real enemy here, as it always has been, is racism.

Yeah, let's ignore the $1,000,000,000 the federal government has allocated to fight corona virus cause it fits your agenda yeah!

I'm not a fan of Trudeau but at least be factual in your complaints against him, there is more than enough stuff he does to chuck shit at him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6659384/coronavirus-funding-trudeau/

Bobnob

A teacher in a school local to me was quarantined about a week ago.(not my daughters school, but still....) I'm quite worried tbh my daughter's school isnt giving many updates if any (sticking to guv guidelines ) , it's also my daughter's GCSE year. My misses works in care homes. I really want to take my daughter out of school just incase she gets it and passes it on to her mum. I really cant fathom why the schools/gov hasn't shut the schools down. It's quite worrying tbh.

Last edited:
Pretty sure S Siri does

But still, what does it matter at this stage? Or are you still claiming the entire thing is a hoax because it's an election year? You're that Guy IIRC Right? China just infected themselves because they hate Trump? A few thousand dead means nothing versus making Orange Man look Bad right?

Thanks, I can't remember if S Siri or his coworkers or both have it.

If the figure of every infection leading to another 2.5 infections is accurate, you can add another 200 to that, and possibly another 500 on top of that, and so on.

Here in the UK the figures shot up to 500 confirmed cases in no time. What’s really concerning is that they’re not localised but spread across the entire country. 3 confirmed cases in my city, Bristol.

Be safe.
Thank you.

I work in a hotel. 5 minutes ago an Italian came in. He said four, I said FOUR planes landed in São Paulo and there was absolutely no screening whatsoever. Not even anyone checking people's body temperature. I mean. How does this happen.

my school sent out a warning earlier this week that is essentially to "be careful" but I'm assuming they'll end up extending our spring break next week while faculty prepare online lessons for the rest of the semester.

I'm starting to forget how we got to this point? Since my sleep times have been messy it feels like a dream when I come back and read a new page on here.

What timeline did I fall into?

Moving much faster now.

Remember when a page lasted a couple of hours? And we'd get a justtheflubro once a day?

Remember when China gave numbers twice a day?

Remember people saying this was no big deal?

Yeah, let's ignore the $1,000,000,000 the federal government has allocated to fight corona virus cause it fits your agenda yeah!

I'm not a fan of Trudeau but at least be factual in your complaints against him, there is more than enough stuff he does to chuck shit at him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6659384/coronavirus-funding-trudeau/

Oh and throw shit at him for other things I have. Please tell me how $2.6 million against "anti-racism" is a good thing here and how those funds need to be allocated to that cause. I'll ignore the millions of other dollars he spends on anti- racism too, let's just focus on this case. Please explain to me how spending money helps combat racism and helps with this virus.

Last edited:
We just had 7,000 new cases reported outside of China in a single day while China reported 12 new cases
Times have changed. Things feel weird.

Yesterday's felt like the world axis changed and we're all on a new course. Not a good one.

I don't have faith that enough of the US is up to the task. It's already in so many towns it'll be impossible to quarantine places.

Need to hope just riding it out ends up not being so bad.

cryptoadam

Banned

Well to be honest I don't want a racist virus out there. I want it to kill all people equally. Its already ageist which is makes it a Nazi, since it kills older people. Do you want a Nazi ageist racist virus? Good thing we will focus the attention in the right places for all of Mankind...... er Peoplekind.

Jtibh

Banned
Oh and throw shit at him for other things I have. Please tell me how $2.6 million against "anti-racism" is a good thing here and how those funds need to be allocated to that cause. I'll ignore the millions of other dollars he spends on anti- racism too, let's just focus on this case. Please explain to me how spending money helps combat racism.
Lets not foget bill C-8 .

Yesterday's felt like the world axis changed and we're all on a new course. Not a good one.

I don't have faith that enough of the US is up to the task. It's already in so many towns it'll be impossible to quarantine places.

Need to hope just riding it out ends up not being so bad.

Nope I am feeling letdown by the US reaction to this most of the top people are thinking they could be rid of this in the very near future somehow. The only thing driving caution are large companies putting a slowdown on meetings and events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom