• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iran blames US sanctions for affecting medicinal imports amid coronavirus outbreak
CNN’s Ramin Mostaghim in Tehran

US sanctions on Iran have seriously affected the country's ability to import drugs and medicines into the country, Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said during a news conference on Wednesday.

“The American administration does not care about Iranian people, they shed crocodile tears,” he said.

Mousavi also said the outbreak must not be associated only with China since it is a global issue, adding, “we welcome any assistance from all over the world.”

Iran has confirmed 8,042 coronavirus cases and 291 deaths, making it one of the worst hit countries outside China.

and Trump be like
:messenger_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_weary:

To be fair, it is the citizens who are suffering, not the old political and religious leaders. They will get all the resources they need to survive while the citizens die.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Chief medical officer of my state says they expect 1.5 million infected. 1.5 out of 8 million population :/

Spokker

This thing got real. I have never seen Trump act like that. It sounded like he had a gun to his head and could barely breathe.
They were saying he couldn't breathe during the 2016 debates.

Why do people have such poor memories?

Azzurri

Gold Member
Honest question.

DO you think the imposed 30 day Europe ban is good?

I know REEEE is like fucking dumb ass, but if it helps to stop from spreading it more I don't see it as a bad thing.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Honest question.

I know REEEE is like fucking dumb ass, but if it helps to stop from spreading it more I don't see it as a bad thing.

Better than the travel AND the cargo thing.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol on Monday i had a wisdom tooth removed so ive been walking around w an open wound in my mouth. i've been trying to keep my mouth closed as much as possible. :messenger_tears_of_joy: i need to buy one of those cool doctor masks

lyan

Honest question.

It would certainly help. On a nation scale I personally think it is not so much in the details (whether UK should be included blah blah) but the stance demonstrated, makes people who still believe this is nothing think twice before traveling.

Congressional staffer tests positive for coronavirus
From CNN's Manu Raju and Haley Byrd

An employee in Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell’s office is the first publicly known case of a congressional staffer testing positive for coronavirus.
According to a statement from her office, the staffer had no known contact with Cantwell, who represents Washington state, or other members of Congress.
"The individual who tested positive for COVID-19 has had no known contact with the senator or other members of Congress," the statement said. "The senator is requesting that testing be done on any other staffers who have been in contact with the individual and show symptoms."
There are at least 373 cases of coronavirus in Washington state. At least 30 people have died from coronavirus.

White House reception for Ireland leader canceled
From CNN's Kate Bennett

The White House has canceled a Thursday reception to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and the visit of Ireland's Prime Minister Leo Varadkar, an attendee told CNN.

In an email to guests shared with CNN, the White House Social Office wrote, "Out of an abundance of caution, the White House St. Patrick's Day Reception" is canceled.

Both leaders had been scheduled to attend the annual Shamrock Bowl event at the White House, where Varadkar was to present the Shamrock Bowl.

CNN has asked if the rest of the Varadkar's meetings with the President will happen, but have not received a response.

We cancelling mo shit than the Pope now

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
lol on Monday i had a wisdom tooth removed so ive been walking around w an open wound in my mouth. i've been trying to keep my mouth closed as much as possible. :messenger_tears_of_joy: i need to buy one of those cool doctor masks

sorry for the bad news, but someone just has to be breathing 5 feet away from you for you to get it.

As a sports fan, it is so surreal seeing the NCAA banning fans from the tournament and the NBA suspending the season. Obviously those are not the important things about the spread of this virus. It is all just very difficult to process.

gamerMan

White House clarified that European restriction is just for people, not goods. Global trade will continue.
During his address, the president said that the prohibitions would apply to trade and cargo from Europe. So did Trump misread the teleprompter.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I have two doctors appointments coming up. And a blood test. I have no fucking clue what I'm gonna do with that. Quest and Labcorp test for coronavirus so I'm not sure if patients are physically sent into their offices to be tested or if it's done independently. I don't wanna be sitting in some chair that someone with the damn virus had. Terrified to go. For the doctors office I'll stand in the damn corner and face the wall til they call my name.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Nature can be the most effective killer of all., hands-down..... believe it or not....

Seriously. I've been saying since the beginning that there's no evidence of bioweapon fuckery and that any "links" are just coincidences. Animal to human transmission is a thing, and is a very simple and reasonable explanation for what happened. Scared people gonna scare though.

I really would take Aliens over this shit, I'm not gonna lie. It would feel less weird.
Aliens overtaking earth is so insanely worse on every level. Not only we'd be eradicated by laser beams AND a new worse disease than Corona virus. But the weird feeling knowing a superior alien race always existed (is God real) and were not alone would be way more weird than the flu like thing were dealing with. And I mean this with the only intention of hoping to give you just a little piece of mind brotha. Things could be way worse.

Vlaphor

I live in the middle of the country and have a mild cold that'll probably be sorted out in the next day or so...but I can't still help but have that thought in the back of my mind, of do I have it.

I know I don't, since everything I've seen says that the symptoms are closer to that of the flu and even if I did get it, I'm in my mid 30's and somewhat healthy-ish, so I'll be fine, but still.

Also, I have a couple of small conventions coming up, which I've been following very closely.

Aliens overtaking earth is so insanely worse on every level. Not only we'd be eradicated by laser beams AND a new worse disease than Corona virus. But the weird feeling knowing a superior alien race always existed (is God real) and were not alone would be way more weird than the flu like thing were dealing with. And I mean this with the only intention of hoping to give you just a little piece of mind brotha. Things could be way worse.

but what if this Virus are Aliens? Teeny tiny aliens.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis is going to be wild tonight.

Edit: it says his show is about aliens tonight but I would not be surprised if he diverts it. Especially since he's been pretty hardcore about the Coronavirus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom