• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykomatsu

First time I've ever seen Donald not act like Donald, actually has me a bit scared

Donald acts like Donald when he's goading the left and when he's rallying the right.

I think he knows that this doesn't discriminate between parties and was much more solemn in his presentation.

I also would guess that he is tired, has been speaking a lot and what not. No person is prepared to take on something of this magnitude.

Even if he is sick, all of the actions that are being taken and he's approving, I think he really is "our guy".

decisions

Well I’m out of school. Have until Sunday to move out which is pretty fucked for me since I live across the country, good thing I got that second major declared in case online classes go south which I have a good feeling they will...

Best of luck/health to everyone.

Sugarmonkey

like what?

Again, not a big fan of our President, but why is this news? A blooper reel maybe, but seems like a perfectly normal candid moment after having to give a report like that. Also, I'm glad there are things being done, but I do agree that he seems to be more focused on the economy than the actual virus. I'm sure tanking stocks can't be good for his portfolio. Let's see what's actually happening in our country once testing can be done in full force. Maybe don't brag about how great we are doing until then? Idk.

As an aside, I'm glad to have shared time with all of my fellow nerds here. Let's all stay healthy fam.

What the fuck. Is everyone in Italy infected? How could so many be leaving the country infected?

Cuba that was one of my escape plans damn

the new day case count is already counting in the tracker

yAVjqag.png

we don't need another 7k day I dunno this week has been awful already we need to run out of Italian travellers soon

Great Hair

Banned
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... shit is getting crazy. Feels like I'm living through one of those opening scenes in an apocalypse movie/game where it shows rapid cuts of increasingly crazy news broadcasts from the days leading up to the catastrophic event that changed everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sugarmonkey

My guy is sloppy, pure sloppy mind, that had no information at all, he got too much wrong for anyone to work with had to stop when he said no blacks infected just because it will trigger RE does not mean we should all swallow this :messenger_weary: :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, not sure what I was watching, and checked out around that point too. Uh, the Italians? Oh right, everyone knows they are just Chinese people that settled in the Mediterranean lmao.

Coronavirus test result for Utah Jazz player came right before tip-off
Officials learned a player from Utah Jazz had tested positive coronavirus right before the tip-off of their game with Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday, the Jazz said in a statement.
The player's symptoms had "diminished over the course" of the day so a test for COVID-19 was performed, the team said.
"A preliminary positive result came back right before tip-off of the Utah Jazz-Oklahoma City game," the team statement said. "Subsequently, the decision was correctly made by the NBA to postpone the game. When it was determined that the individual would be tested, we immediately informed the league office. The health and safety of our players, our organization, those throughout our league, and all those potentially impacted by this situation are paramount in our discussions."
Because of the positive result, the game was postponed with the NBA later announcing that they were suspending the season.
The Jazz added that they are “working closely with the CDC, Oklahoma and Utah state officials and the NBA to determine how to best move forward as we gather more information. The individual is currently in the care of health officials in Oklahoma City. In coordination with the NBA and state officials, we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

Yeah, not sure what I was watching, and checked out around that point too. Uh, the Italians? Oh right, everyone knows they are just Chinese people that settled in the Mediterranean lmao.

Agreed. we might need a new thread for all the conspiracy stuff. We can joke in here but when we start posting them as links of interest lol my guy had this deep serious voice with his On Air sign but everything he said was trash.

We need to stay informed with updates and facts in here.

Last edited:
this bullshit has infected a shit ton of people and i would have thought it would have blown over by now

e3 is cancelled, nba venues are cancelled

why aren't businesses shutting down? why isn't everything shutting down?

seems to me we're in a situation where you shut yourself in with a months worth of rations and just watch the news until it's over

people are going to work and shopping like it's whatever and panicking at the same time

I am sure that money of his will make his private health insurance do the best they can to pay for all his needs.

I love Tom Hanks, but I also loved Steve Jobs guess who was richer and decided not to trust in Medical Science.

You never know with high profile people, when they are sick they tend to make very poor choices. They spend a lot of money but make wrong choices.

I love Tom Hanks, but I also loved Steve Jobs guess who was richer and decided not to trust in Medical Science.

You never know with high profile people, when they are sick they tend to make very poor choices. They spend a lot of money but make wrong choices.

Look at how many old people have died when they had the whole focus of hospitals taking care of them.

The Hankster is 63, and hopefully doesn't have anything preexisting but it seems like if this thing wants you dead, you don't make it, regardless of effort or bank account.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What would you guys recommend in this situation?

A relative of mine was diagnosed with epilepsy. They had their license stripped for 6 months(standard procedure) and get it back if they're 6 month symptom free. They are currently 4 months symptom free.

So they've been taking public transportation to work. They no longer want to with the virus. Carpooling isn't an option. Uber? Maybe a little better than public trans, but still risky.

So right now they're deciding between risking driving with a suspended license or risking public transportation and catching the virus, spreading it to others and family.

What choice do you think is best?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
this bullshit has infected a shit ton of people and i would have thought it would have blown over by now

e3 is cancelled, nba venues are cancelled

why aren't businesses shutting down? why isn't everything shutting down?

seems to me we're in a situation where you shut yourself in with a months worth of rations and just watch the news until it's over

people are going to work and shopping like it's whatever and panicking at the same time

What I don't get is what shutting down most of society even achieves realistically.

My understanding is that we either need to develop a vaccine or the number of people who catch it and recover from it need to reach critical mass to develop herd immunity. This is a huge issue right now because neither of those things have happened and a vaccine is a long ways out. I understand the idea of social distancing as a way offset the burden on medical care facilities that would otherwise be overwhelmed if everyone just caught the disease all at once, but surely we can't just go shutting everything down and completely avoiding people. If even a couple of individuals still carried it after an arbitrary amount of time, wouldn't the panic just start all over again?

A relative of mine was diagnosed with epilepsy. They had their license stripped for 6 months(standard procedure) and get it back if they're 6 month symptom free. They are currently 4 months symptom free.

So they've been taking public transportation to work. They no longer want to with the virus. Carpooling isn't an option. Uber? Maybe a little better than public trans, but still risky.

So right now they're deciding between risking driving with a suspended license or risking public transportation and catching the virus, spreading it to others and family.

Gah I don't know. I guess try and risk it? They can't work from home? If they have an incident while driving and kill someone you'll feel shitty.

What I don't get is what shutting down most of society even achieves realistically.

My understanding is that we either need to develop a vaccine or the number of people who catch it and recover from it need to reach critical mass to develop herd immunity. This is a huge issue right now because neither of those things have happened and a vaccine is a long ways out. I understand the idea of social distancing as a way offset the burden on medical care facilities that would otherwise be overwhelmed if everyone just caught the disease all at once, but surely we can't just go shutting everything down and completely avoiding people. If even a couple of individuals still carried it after an arbitrary amount of time, wouldn't the panic just start all over again?

If literally everyone got locked down and the only infected people couldn't infect anyone else.. The virus dies out. Simple as that. It's not going to stick around on surfaces for weeks and there is no native animal transmission that we know of here.

prag16

Banned
You guys are all nuts. The whole world has gone mad. All panicking like sheep practically begging for tyrants to institute martial law.

The way the world is reacting would be appropriate if this were a modern day black plague with the potential to kill 30% of the population. This isn't anywhere near the universe of that. 80%+ have little/no symptoms. Only the elderly are dying, and though unfortunate not even that many of them in the scheme of things. Why are we shutting down the world economy. This is absolute madness.

This year, thus far:

Deaths By:
Covid-19 4,627
Flu 94,377
Abortions 8,254,800
HIV 326,523
Malaria 190,527
Alcohol 485,816

Always good to have a little perspective. When my son's baseball season gets cancelled I can't wait to explain to him that retarded members of the media, world governments, and video game message boards are at fault.

Covid-19 is not nearly as scary as human stupidity and power mad governments.

Look at how many old people have died when they had the whole focus of hospitals taking care of them.

The Hankster is 63, and hopefully doesn't have anything preexisting but it seems like if this thing wants you dead, you don't make it, regardless of effort or bank account.

Agreed based on the numbers it is still a battle ahead still hopeful love this dude, also remember how fast the Mission Impossible film crew ran away from Italy? We could have been talking about a different Tom.
I guess no one was scared of Australia.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Gah I don't know. I guess try and risk it? They can't work from home? If they have an incident while driving and kill someone you'll feel shitty.
Yeah, it's tough. The seizures were mild and never frequent. I was actually in a car with them months ago when they had one and they drove through it. But if you play with fire.... then again taking public trans right now is playing with fire and what if they contract the virus and spread it to others who die? No easy answer.

cryptoadam

Banned

get mask, gloves, sanitizer and take the bus. Don't break the law just because of the fear of a virus that is barely deadly to people below 60. Unless your relative is 80 years old with heart problems but then they should be staying home. Actually if they are young and healthy then getting it with mild to no sypmtoms and passing is probably best because then they would be immune I think.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If literally everyone got locked down and the only infected people couldn't infect anyone else.. The virus dies out. Simple as that. It's not going to stick around on surfaces for weeks and there is no native animal transmission that we know of here.

But wouldn't that require like a complete and total guaranteed shut down (basically impossible) for at least a month or be sure? It just doesn't seem feasible. It would need to be damn near 100% elimination or else it would just start up again, no?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
get mask, gloves, sanitizer and take the bus. Don't break the law just because of the fear of a virus that is barely deadly to people below 60. Unless your relative is 80 years old with heart problems but then they should be staying home. Actually if they are young and healthy then getting it with mild to no sypmtoms and passing is probably best because then they would be immune I think.
They’re in their 60s with breathing problems. That’s why they’re concerned. They can’t Stay home from work unless the boss gives the ok. I’m hoping that happens soon I don’t want anything spreading among my family.

Last edited:

chitzy

Banned
Always good to have a little perspective. When my son's baseball season gets cancelled I can't wait to explain to him that retarded members of the media, world governments, and video game message boards are at fault.

Hopefully he has a responsible in his adult in his life that can explain that these precautions are necessary to prevent a far worse catastrophe.

You guys are all nuts. The whole world has gone mad. All panicking like sheep practically begging for tyrants to institute martial law.

The way the world is reacting would be appropriate if this were a modern day black plague with the potential to kill 30% of the population. This isn't anywhere near the universe of that. 80%+ have little/no symptoms. Only the elderly are dying, and though unfortunate not even that many of them in the scheme of things. Why are we shutting down the world economy. This is absolute madness.

This year, thus far:

Deaths By:
Covid-19 4,627
Flu 94,377
Abortions 8,254,800
HIV 326,523
Malaria 190,527
Alcohol 485,816

My guy said to have a little perspective,

Covid-19 4,627
Flu 94,377 Got my Flu shoot early
Abortions 8,254,800 the fuck you get these numbers? But no ain't at risk to die from that, mom made her choice.
HIV 326,523 Unless someone has been fucking my Real Doll(tm) I'm good here too
Malaria 190,527 I have Sickle Cell so been there done that
Alcohol 485,816 I'll just convert to Islam, I'm good.

From my perspective only one thing can worry me my guy.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

This year, thus far:

Deaths By:
Covid-19 4,627
Flu 94,377
Abortions 8,254,800
HIV 326,523
Malaria 190,527
Alcohol 485,816

Yeah but how many of those alcohol deaths were from Corona, huh?

But wouldn't that require like a complete and total guaranteed shut down (basically impossible) for at least a month or be sure? It just doesn't seem feasible. It would need to be damn near 100% elimination or else it would just start up again, no?

China did it.. Allegedly.

Not really feasible in real life in places with freedoms.. But the option is still there in theory.

My lymph nodes are swelling up (sure fire sign of viral infection) and i have a really low key chest infection, a deep wheeze.

No aches or pains, no temperature. No urge to cough. But certainly diseased. Exotic enough feeling. Feels like corona.

I'm gonna feel guilty infecting so many peeps. But some other peep infected me first so shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom