• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Banned
I lean right wing on most issues and I feel like Trump/etc is seriously mishandling this. I hope his speech tonight is good and lays out strong strict and solid plans for moving forward.

Agreed. I've always thought that when something like this went down there'd be a plan set into motion that would mitigate the spread. Shrugging is a decent plan, I guess? Maybe I expect too much.

Karma Jawa

3s87zs.jpg

I lean right wing on most issues and I feel like Trump/etc is seriously mishandling this. I hope his speech tonight is good and lays out strong strict and solid plans for moving forward.

Agreed, I really hope there is a plan, so far saying we are the greatest in everything in the world and not showing our results and resolve is not going to cut it against this virus. I am just shocked we are lacking in testing capacity.

Captain Zyrain Captain Zyrain and Smiles and Cries Smiles and Cries

Thank you guys for all of the updates. I’ve been hunkered down in this thread for a while now and really appreciate all you’ve done.

Please make sure to take care of yourselves as best you can and get some rest too. ❤

Yeah trying to sleep and rest more. Sleep is important if your body is to fight any type of infection. Lack of sleep makes things too trippy and more surreal then it already is.

Oh and throw shit at him for other things I have. Please tell me how $2.6 million against "anti-racism" is a good thing here and how those funds need to be allocated to that cause. I'll ignore the millions of other dollars he spends on anti- racism too, let's just focus on this case. Please explain to me how spending money helps combat racism and helps with this virus.

You may want to look at the actual website from the government of canada breaking down where all the funding is being allocated, and not linking a satirical website like thc.news.

Here. Have a read through the information provided straight from the government.

The investment will support 47 projects across two research areas to ensure a balanced research response:

• Medical countermeasures research, e.g., transmission and zoonotic source of the 2019-nCov, development and evaluation of diagnostic tools for early case detection and surveillance, and development and evaluation of candidate vaccines, among other areas; and
  • Social and policy countermeasures research, e.g., examining how individuals and communities understand and react to the disease, and developing strategies to combat misinformation, stigma, and fear, among other areas.

They are taking a multifaceted approach to the issues a pandemic like this has on society as a whole. The medical side is an obvious one but there are also serious social implications that come from a pandemic event like this. Especially an event on a level like this that hasn't occurred in many generations. For us living right now we are in a new territory that no one has had to experience before.

There are more than enough examples worldwide of racism and prejudice behaviour towards the asian population. There are enough videos showing the mistreatment of asians in regards to this corona virus outbreak. It would ridiculous to think that racism doesn't play a role in the overall social issues that arise from this particular pandemic event.

Try dropping the anti sjw anti liberal schtick for a minute and view the situation with open eyes. This is far more serious then whatever nonsense crusades you have.

Last edited:
Some members of Congress not comfortable gathering for virus briefings, source says
From CNN's Jamie Gangel

Some lawmakers are not comfortable with gathering for all-House member coronavirus briefings given the virus’ ability to spread, according to a source familiar with the situation.
Some members feel the move is in direct conflict with the advice health officials have been giving to avoid large gatherings, the source said.
Several members were already exposed to the virus at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
One of those members, Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas, has not been self-quarantining despite being told by officials that he had been in proximity to the individual at CPAC who was diagnosed with novel coronavirus. Gohmert was on the Hill today.
One question being raised is whether the briefings can be done via video conference.

-----

jus do yah jabs! :messenger_weary:

NBA game in Oklahoma City postposed Wednesday night
From CNN's David Close

The NBA game between the Utah Jazz and the Oklahoma City Thunder was abruptly postponed on Wednesday night.
The players were on the court for warm-ups but were called back to the locker rooms before tip off.
The game broadcasters have said the decision to not play was made by the NBA and not by either team.

Omg I just read on reddit that younger people are booking more flights saying "if I die, I die" to take advantage of the situation. This is the exact reason why this damn virus has spread all over the world. I was pretty angry while reading that...

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Posted yet?

The World Health Organization on Wednesday declared the novel coronavirus outbreak a pandemic.
There are 118,000 cases, more than 4,000 deaths, the agency said, and the virus has found a foothold on every continent except for Antarctica.

"We have never before seen a pandemic sparked by a coronavirus. And we have never before seen a pandemic that can be controlled at the same time," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Wednesday.

Last edited:
Omg I just read on reddit that younger people are booking more flights saying "if I die, I die" to take advantage of the situation. This is the exact reason why this damn virus has spread all over the world. I was pretty angry while reading that...

They have a very good chance they won't die, might even get a very mild case but yeah they can spread it

ManaByte

Gold Member

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Shit just got real. I guarantee people are going to start caring now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom