• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sen. Lindsey Graham becomes latest member of Congress to self-quarantine
From CNN's Matthew Hoye

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, a close ally of President Trump, on Thursday became the latest member of Congress to announce that he is self-quarantining during the coronavirus outbreak.

bronk

Banned
Drove by one of gyms I go to and it was completely dead. Saw something on local news they are thinking of shutting gyms down since they are high risk :(. Went to store after it's middle of day so it wasn't packed but all toilet paper and paper towels were gone. Also weirdly all rice was gone and a fuck load of canned food. I grabbed the last 4 cans of Manwich sauces tho.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Guys I feel kind of weird like my head feels light.

tenor.png

I wonder which governments will shut down upcoming international events (sporting competitions, for instance) and which governments will shut down democratic elections?

Oh we 'bout to solve the energy crisis through the power of handwaving.

Here is a sampling from 8 days ago, March 4th, 2020.

Page 100 of this thread.

I think when US starts hitting 500+ cases days the panic will become real. I don't think we have had panic it has just been something to make memes about and look in awe as places really far away

Looks like the panic hit before 500+ cases, but since our testing is shit, maybe this is accurate?

28 deaths in Italy already? Wow.

It's really ramping up there big time. Might be our first real open look at how it does in the West.

Ugh.

28 deaths in Italy. Now there are 1,016.

Yup, almost whole of Europe , Seems they don’t know what the internet is and what happened in China ...

So they, citizens and governments waisted almost 2 months to prepare ...

And what a waste it was.. sigh.

uh uh

:messenger_grimmacing_ :messenger_grimmacing_ :messenger_grimmacing_

Budget fleshlight?

In soviet Russia cucumber pounds you.

:messenger_face_screaming:

Meanwhile S&P 500 is up 4%

Such a bull trap

I said got damn!

Get your shopping done NOW

Hope you all took this advice.

Here's to page 200 soon...

Not surprising, the virus is all over Ontario now. My parents were at our local hospital earlier today for an appointment and the doctor told them while it hasn't been made public yet, its here in Northern Ontario as well not just Southern.

I'm considering going up north where my mom is, she's got a big house so I'd just lock myself in a room for a few weeks until the coast is clear. If it's already up there and spreading I might as well just ride it out down here

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

3 new cases of ‘presumptive positive’ coronavirus in Clark County, 8 total cases

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Clark County has three new cases of “presumptive positive” COVID-19, bringing the total number of local cases to eight, according to the Southern Nevada Health District.

The district said the investigations into the cases are in the preliminary phase. One earlier case has been confirmed by the CDC to be COVID-19. The district is awaiting results on the remaining seven cases.

I'm glad businesses and schools are closing down stuff now. I think a lot of folks realize we can weather this as long as we're cautious.

Seeing you in this thread made me a bit sad. GAF used to be about the absurdity of resetera, 52games/1year, and, well, gaming.

Now we're seeing the end of the world together on this thread. (Either that or Alex Jones has been getting into my skull all evening...)

I hope it goes back to normal, and soon.

Seeing you in this thread made me a bit sad. GAF used to be about the absurdity of resetera, 52games/1year, and, well, gaming.

Now we're seeing the end of the world together on this thread. (Either that or Alex Jones has been getting into my skull all evening...)

I hope it goes back to normal, and soon.
Hey man I'm in a good mood. Please don't get discouraged. I'm still doing the No New Games 2020 challenge, playing NG+ in Sekiro. You should find something to keep your mind off your worries.

It's not doomsday, but it's okay to take it seriously.

I'm considering going up north where my mom is, she's got a big house so I'd just lock myself in a room for a few weeks until the coast is clear. If it's already up there and spreading I might as well just ride it out down here

Unfortunately, lots of people travel back and fourth into Southern Ontario from the North. It was only a matter of time. Sucks for me because i was hoping i'd get called sometime in the next month or so for my gallbladder surgery. Looks like i might be waiting awhile :messenger_hushed:

Personally, I'd rather be in the North vs. the South if it gets really bad.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
What did we do to deserve this?

all your toilet papers

Cripes have people not heard of Amazon, at least for TP.

Amazon's own brand is pretty cheap too and it's good TP.

Lmao just checked and Amazon out of stock and they're limiting orders.

Good thing in this house we're always in abundance of TP especially due to my IBS.

Jtibh

Banned

Good thing in this house we're always in abundance of TP especially due to my IBS.
Amway os about to make a killing on tp

dionysus

Yaldog
It at the very least appears to have worked in China though. So do you just want to do nothing and let it burn out on it’s own? Are you willing to gamble millions of lives for better shareholder quarterly returns?

That was one region of the world. Do it to too much of the world and you will start seeing deaths because of supply chain disruptions. That is what leaders have to balance.

What if there was an insulin shortage? You could easily kill more people than save from quarantine. Antibiotics?

Heck even simple stuff like not treating "minor" medical conditions can lead to late diagnosis of serious illness. How many more people die for every day a cancer diagnosis gets delayed?

You can go on and on. It is not as simple as people valuing money over the health of the elderly.

Sadly I've never been to a NASCAR race - I'd love to have a look sometime though when I next hop over the pond (assuming we don't lose cheap air travel forever). America really does motorsport right - oval racing is absolute madness and NASCAR and IndyCar are where the real men race (hell even the women that race them are real men).
I do iRacing and absolutely love Bristol - it's just a ridiculous track and so much fun to race. Proper gladiatorial stuff. iRacing introduced me to this stuff and in its own way made me love America - you guys have so many brilliant tracks that us Europeans don't get to see - Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, the ovals (Rockingham is nuts), you guys really do racing right.

As an American....

688ba771d540573c30c893c95332f325.gif

Yes we have some good tracks (No love for Laguna Seca?) but NASCAR is boring as hell.

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND. So trying to look at the upside of things, we have to see a decrease in the number of cases here soon....right? Everything is closed, pretty much most of the big events have been cancelled, no travel into the country from Europe,etc,etc. I know we are behind the times on testing but what kind of impact do you think we will start seeing in the states?

Last edited:

I have IBS and i've only got one pack left :messenger_hushed:

I do have a few packs of paper towel though :messenger_persevering:

Coronavirus case confirmed at Fiat Chrysler facility in Indiana
From CNN’s Vanessa Yurkevich

Auto giant Fiat Chrysler confirmed today that an employee has tested positive for COVID-19 at one of its facilities in Kokomo, Indiana, according to a statement from the car maker.
“FCA [Fiat Chrysler Automobiles] is working with local area health authorities in Kokomo, Indiana, to support the treatment of an employee who tested positive for COVID-19. The employee, who works at the Kokomo Transmission Plant, is currently receiving medical care,” the statement read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom