• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

prag16

Banned
I do iRacing and absolutely love Bristol - it's just a ridiculous track and so much fun to race. Proper gladiatorial stuff. iRacing introduced me to this stuff and in its own way made me love America - you guys have so many brilliant tracks that us Europeans don't get to see - Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, the ovals (Rockingham is nuts), you guys really do racing right.
I'm still bummed that they took Rockingham out of the NASCAR Cup series schedule. Fun track. It's all about the cookie cutter 1.5 mile ovals nowadays. I really think this is one of the reasons NASCAR has kind of been in decline. Getting away from their roots.

ES7r0gWWsAIEa5U.png

Jtibh

Banned
Thanks for punching these up. I've added a few of yours to this thread:
Wow good thread.
Thanks

Jtibh

Banned

For fuck sakes.

Do any of you have any idea how busy all stores were today in my city?
Do you have any idea how busy it will be tomorrow after this news?

I self isolate right now for the next 2 months and not from the virus.

From all the lunatics out there, that for 3months pretended not to see or hear anything but as soon as countries shut down they buy up all the frozen food and ALL THE BANANAS.

BANANAS man. You gonna eat all those bananas for 3 weeks?

My brain is on fire from all the stupid shit i saw today.

For fuck sakes.

Do any of you have any idea how busy all stores were today in my city?
Do you have any idea how busy it will be tomorrow after this news?

I self isolate right now for the next 2 months and not from the virus.

From all the lunatics out there, that for 3months pretended not to see or hear anything but as soon as countries shut down they buy up all the frozen food and ALL THE BANANAS.

BANANAS man. You gonna eat all those bananas for 3 weeks?

My brain is on fire from all the stupid shit i saw today.

About 45 minutes after they announced our school closings, I drove to the nearby strip with three major grocery stores, just to see what was happening. I saw more traffic in that area than I've ever seen. There was not a single space available in the first store's entire lot, including not only the lot in front of the store, but the entire lot of the surrounding stores in the plaza. There is a short drive running behind a gas station and restaurant that leads to a Kmart that has been closed. There were cars parking over there, a couple hundred yards from the grocery store.

I didn't even bother checking out the other two. I'm so glad we prepared for this weeks ago.

Jtibh

Banned
About 45 minutes after they announced our school closings, I drove to the nearby strip with three major grocery stores, just to see what was happening. I saw more traffic in that area than I've ever seen. There was not a single space available in the first store's entire lot, including not only the lot in front of the store, but the entire lot of the surrounding stores in the plaza. There is a short drive running behind a gas station and restaurant that leads to a Kmart that has been closed. There were cars parking over there, a couple hundred yards from the grocery store.

I didn't even bother checking out the other two. I'm so glad we prepared for this weeks ago.
You did the right thing, the smart thing.
When i prepped a few weeks ago the looks i got in the store, they really made me feel like i am alex jones twin brother.

But now , hoho, i am just going in to watch the desperation and stress of the people with a smile.

My wife was making fun of me back then but my job is to provide and protect my family even if they dont understand or appreciate it.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
You did the right thing, the smart thing.
When i prepped a few weeks ago the looks i got in the store, they really made me feel like i am alex jones twin brother.

But now , hoho, i am just going in to watch the desperation and stress of the people with a smile.

My wife was making fun of me back then but my job is to provide and protect my family even if they dont understand or appreciate it.

Most of these people are pretty predictable too as they only show up at the grocery store or Costco outside of typical 9-5 hours. I work odd hours and can poke my head into these places during those times, and they're pretty dead in my area. In any case, the writing was on the wall 2 months ago and a lot of people chose to ignore it, and now are scrambling. I suspect in a week or so when they're loaded up on toilet paper, these same shops will quiet down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom