• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
You did the right thing, the smart thing.
When i prepped a few weeks ago the looks i got in the store, they really made me feel like i am alex jones twin brother.

But now , hoho, i am just going in to watch the desperation and stress of the people with a smile.

My wife was making fun of me back then but my job is to provide and protect my family even if they dont understand or appreciate it.
I must admit I brought some things yesterday. Pasta bread. Peanut butter meat some tinned items. I’d say ok my house we have about two weeks + worth of food. I wanted to get a 5kg sack of rice yesterday but didn’t wish I did now.

we have about 2.5 kg left.

Last edited:
So my mother is a NP. She just recently got her own clinic near a reservation in AZ. I just got off the phone with her... Please guys, we really need to encourage people to stop panicking. The people who really need the treatments can't get it because literally EVERYONE with a sniffle is flooding the hospitals. What is making it even worse is the homeless. Tons of homeless from all over being shipped to both her clinic and the hospital.

Yes this is bad. Yes it seems it is worse than the flu. But if you are young, healthy and not immunocompromised and your symptoms aren't worse than you remember from getting the normal flu... I can't force you to do anything and I wouldn't even if I could... but please consider trying to tough it out. There are so many elderly and compromised people who critically need hands on treatment and they can't get it because they don't have enough for everyone. Plus, lots of you might not even be sick with COVID19 atm, it could be something else. But going to a hospital full of people who might have it is a sure way to tilt the table in COVIDS favor.

And btw, she told me that they aren't even allowed to test people unless they look critical and are showing absolute signs of pneumonia. So that is going to throw the numbers off a lot right now because they don't have enough tests for everyone.

Anyhow, the best things we can do right now is eat healthy, get good exercise, stay positive and get plenty of rest. Foods with vitamin A, C, and D are what you are going to want to look for. These are what your immune system uses for defense. It's been proven that being confident and positive plays a huge role in fighting and recovery. And that is what we need to be giving people. Confidence and positivity.

I think Trump did the right thing if he was trying to not cause a panic or instill fear. Whatever you think might be happening with the virus. Ask yourself what kind of behavior would truly be helping at this point?

I love you all. -Peace out-

lyan

So my mother is a NP. She just recently got her own clinic near a reservation in AZ. I just got off the phone with her... Please guys, we really need to encourage people to stop panicking. The people who really need the treatments can't get it because literally EVERYONE with a sniffle is flooding the hospitals. What is making it even worse is the homeless. Tons of homeless from all over being shipped to both her clinic and the hospital.

Yes this is bad. Yes it seems it is worse than the flu. But if you are young, healthy and not immunocompromised and your symptoms aren't worse than you remember from getting the normal flu... I can't force you to do anything and I wouldn't even if I could... but please consider trying to tough it out. There are so many elderly and compromised people who critically need hands on treatment and they can't get it because they don't have enough for everyone. Plus, lots of you might not even be sick with COVID19 atm, it could be something else. But going to a hospital full of people who might have it is a sure way to tilt the table in COVIDS favor.

And btw, she told me that they aren't even allowed to test people unless they look critical and are showing absolute signs of pneumonia. So that is going to throw the numbers off a lot right now because they don't have enough tests for everyone.

Anyhow, the best things we can do right now is eat healthy, get good exercise, stay positive and get plenty of rest. Foods with vitamin A, C, and D are what you are going to want to look for. These are what your immune system uses for defense. It's been proven that being confident and positive plays a huge role in fighting and recovery. And that is what we need to be giving people. Confidence and positivity.

I think Trump did the right thing if he was trying to not cause a panic or instill fear. Whatever you think might be happening with the virus. Ask yourself what kind of behavior would truly be helping at this point?

If people can isolate themselves properly I agree, otherwise they become a killing machine roaming in the city.

tNIRRSU.jpg

The problem is the media has been absolute trash and has created a dumpster fire hysteria.

And guess who fucking profits off of it when they were struggling with ratings. All of the cable news broadcast stations.

While I'm not solely blaming the news media for the virus itself, they definitely stoked the fire for their own benefit.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Holy shit at the absolute carnage this is causing in the stock markets. They've shed like 25-30% of their value in mere days. Years worth wiped off! And still no idea how low they will go. This is madness. Yes its serious but not that serious, at least in most countries.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Holy shit at the absolute carnage this is causing in the stock markets. They've shed like 25-30% of their value in mere days. Years worth wiped off! And still no idea how low they will go. This is madness. Yes its serious but not that serious, at least in most countries.
You're ignoring the other half of the one-two punch. It isn't just covid-19. It is also Saudi Arabia and Russia playing chicken with the price of crude oil.

Arguably the third major problem is the messaging and lack of information coming out of the White House. There's a lot of things Trump is capable of, exuding a calming stability isn't one of them. This is one issue where even his base wants him to cut the bullshit.

There's nothing but uncertainty all the way down which is what fuels a sell-off like this. Deal with any one of the three problems and the markets will stabilize.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Too late I already coughed in every single piece of TP being shipped across the globe. Now all your asses with be infected with Corona.
The problem is the media has been absolute trash and has created a dumpster fire hysteria.

And guess who fucking profits off of it when they were struggling with ratings. All of the cable news broadcast stations.

While I'm not solely blaming the news media for the virus itself, they definitely stoked the fire for their own benefit.

The media is owned by large publicly traded media conglomerates like Disney (owns ABC and ESPN) and Comcast (Owns NBC, Universal and MSNBC) though so any profit they’re making from increased viewership on their tv news networks is totally offset by losses in Studio Film, Theme Park closures, the stock market and loss of ad revenue for marquee TV events like March Madness. Coverage is sensational by nature of it being a LIVE event where not all the facts are known but there is no incentive for any of the networks to be outright lying for ratings except for maybe FOX and CNN...even then their stocks suffer.

These companies wouldn’t be shutting down offices, theme parks and delaying films without consulting with epidemiologists and consultants paid on a retainer first. At least that’s what my company did to appease our shareholders.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
You're ignoring the other half of the one-two punch. It isn't just covid-19. It is also Saudi Arabia and Russia playing chicken with the price of crude oil.

Arguably the third major problem is the messaging and lack of information coming out of the White House. There's a lot of things Trump is capable of, exuding a calming stability isn't one of them. This is one issue where even his base wants him to cut the bullshit.

There's nothing but uncertainty all the way down which is what fuels a sell-off like this. Deal with any one of the three problems and the markets will stabilize.

Right. But many countries, like India and China, will gain from the fall in crude prices going down since they are importers. And yet their markets are also just as down.

Synless

Gold Member
Michigan closed all their schools through April 6th. I feel bad for all those parents who have to make some tough decisions now.

Stop bringing politics into this

Not all of us are into American politics

Sadly this being US election year this virus is going to be ALL about muh murican politics. I can see the trump-biden debates already.

Trump: muh chynah is to blame. Muh chynah.

Biden: muh Trump is to blame. Muh drumpf.

sinnergy

While everyone and his mother closes town, schools and what not.

The Netherlands wants Italy 2, schools are open.

What do the French, Chinese and Turks know 🤣

We Dutch are doomed and ruled by people who can only hold meetings, they have no problem planning those.

sinnergy

Every week or even day , we the Dutch wait longer with lock down a ffing Italy scenario lingers , what’s with waiting people?

I am reading reports that some hospitals are on the brink of collapsing Amphia Hospital for example . Al ready almost all ICU beds are full.

Fuck the Dutch and their psychological reasons that we can’t handle a lock down, so they stagger it.

I knew it ...

Better than more deaths amirite.

Last edited:
Australia's home affairs minister has contracted the coronavirus

Australia's Minister for Home Affairs has confirmed that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
In a statement released today, minister Peter Dutton said that he woke up this morning "with a temperature and sore throat" and was "subsequently tested for COVID-19."

Dutton was advised by Queensland Health that his tests returned positive this afternoon.
Under the policy of Queensland Health, "anyone who tests positive is to be admitted into hospital and I have complied with their advice," Dutton said. He added that "I feel fine and will provide an update in due course."

South Korea virus cases continue to slow
From CNN's Hyoungjoo Choi in Seoul

South Korea’s coronavirus cases continue to slow, with the country reporting 110 new infections on Wednesday -- the lowest daily increase since February 22.

The national total now stands at 7,979, according to the South Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).
The KCDC also confirmed one additional death, bringing the national death toll to 67.

The southern city of Daegu, which lies at the heart of the national outbreak, also saw its lowest daily increase since February 23. Some 61 of Wednesday's new cases came from Daegu.

Nearly 90% of all cases nationwide are from Daegu and the surrounding North Gyeongsang province.

Signs of slowdown: The country's health minister told CNN earlier this week that he hopes the recent slowdown in cases meant they had "passed the peak" of the outbreak.

The country saw its cases skyrocket in February, with most cases linked to a religious group based in Daegu -- but the past month has also seen widespread, aggressive testing that experts credit for South Korea's success in early detection and containment.

they have this one little hot spot

110 new cases so far today for South Korea, the world's last hope at testing

Just a random anecdote from upstate NY. I work the overnight shift at a gym and handle the end of day paperwork. This includes reporting how much the gym has been used on a given day. We usually average ~800-900 people a day. Yesterday we dropped to 618, and there isnt even a confirmed case in my county. This thing has people spooked.

Diplomat at the UN tests positive for coronavirus

A staffer from the Philippine Mission to the United Nations who tested positive for coronavirus met two delegates from another mission at the UN on Monday.

UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric confirmed the meeting in a statement Thursday, saying that UN medical services officials are reaching out to the two delegates. The individual did not have contact with UN staff, he said.

The CIA has identified a suspected case in its workforce in Washington

An employee of the Central Intelligence Agency in the Washington metro area is suspected to have coronavirus and is showing symptoms, intelligence officials told CNN on Thursday.

The employee doesn't work at agency headquarters in Langley, Virginia, in the Washington suburbs, but does work in the area and the individual's condition is not a result of CIA-related travel.

People this person came into contact with were notified and deep cleaning took place where they work.

There's been no impact so far at CIA headquarters. A workforce email said all non-mission-critical domestic US travel is postponed until further notice; all ceremonies, internal events and conferences canceled or postponed until further notice but some waivers are possible; and all non-mission-critical visits to agency facilities in the Washington metro area are postponed through April 10.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!

Australia's Minister for Home Affairs has confirmed that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
In a statement released today, minister Peter Dutton said that he woke up this morning "with a temperature and sore throat" and was "subsequently tested for COVID-19."

Dutton was advised by Queensland Health that his tests returned positive this afternoon.
Under the policy of Queensland Health, "anyone who tests positive is to be admitted into hospital and I have complied with their advice," Dutton said. He added that "I feel fine and will provide an update in due course."

Where the hell did he pick it up :/

He met with Ivanka Trump 6 days ago too.

Kazza

Just a random anecdote from upstate NY. I work the overnight shift at a gym and handle the end of day paperwork. This includes reporting how much the gym has been used on a given day. We usually average ~800-900 people a day. Yesterday we dropped to 618, and there isnt even a confirmed case in my county. This thing has people spooked.

I of the opinion that many people are over-reacting to this virus, but I even I would avoid the gym, for the next couple of weeks at least. Think of all the snot and sweat that comes off people's bodies as they work out, and add in all the different people handling the same dumbells etc and you have a recipe for disaster. Start working out at home instead.

Japan's Diet passes coronavirus emergency law
Japan's Diet has passed a bill that will allow the prime minister to declare a state of emergency to tackle the new coronavirus.
-NHK

This thread is moving a little too fast to keep up with, so sorry if this has already been posted, but Trump Derangement Syndrome + Coronavirus produces some funny results:

The Wuhan Killer.

GOT WUHAN? STAY INDOORS TO STOP THE WUHAN!

Keep calm and Wuhan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom