• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did they correct the wrong information? They confirmed that Google engineers and an Alphabet subsidiary are working on a website with the government for triaging... That sure sounds like a website being worked on by Google to me. Now, if we get to Sunday night or even next week and they still don't have any follow up on this website, I'll be fine with calling them on their bullshit, but as of now, it just looks like a lot of nitpicking nonsense to me.

If you read the article there is some examples of the incorrect information provided, most egregiously, probably this part

Carolyn Wang, communications lead for Verily, told The Verge that the “triage website” was initially only going to be made available to health care workers instead of the general public. Now that it has been announced the way it was, however, anybody will be able to visit it, she said. But the tool will only be able to direct people to “pilot sites” for testing in the Bay Area, though Wang says Verily hopes to expand it beyond California “over time.”

The site wasn't even meant for the general public off the bat but now, because the president of the United States erroneously stated otherwise, they now have it open to the public to avoid confusion.

Once again, it is mind boggling that you are so against correct information because it ends up looking bad on trump. You would rather wrong information be out in the public so long as the supposed "nitpicking nonsense" stops against papa trump. Mental.

Ho-lee-fuk

Yea there's some weird shit going on.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-secrecy-exclusive-idUSKBN20Y2LM

A high-level former official who helped address public health outbreaks in the George W. Bush administration said “it’s not normal to classify discussions about a response to a public health crisis.”

The FEMA camp bros may have ended up being right /facepalm

RIP the constitution. It was fun while it lasted.

My plans for June are still holding in fact I have been invited to hang out for a few extra days in San Fransisco
I really hope things smooth out just a little by that time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The site wasn't even meant for the general public off the bat but now, because the president of the United States erroneously stated otherwise, they now have it open to the public to avoid confusion.

Once again, it is mind boggling that you are so against correct information because it ends up looking bad on trump. You would rather wrong information be out in the public so long as the supposed "nitpicking nonsense" stops against papa trump. Mental.

Honestly, I don't give a shit about Trump. I didn't even vote for the dude.

If it turns out that the site, when launched, only has the limited functionality that is described in the quote you posted, and active work is not done to expand it quickly to what was laid out in today's presser, then of course Trump deserves the criticism for lying to people.

Last edited by a moderator:

V4skunk

Banned
Alex Jones ordered to stop selling fake coronavirus cures

This isn't going to end well!
AJ has not been pushing cures for corona virus!
He does how ever have a product called colodial nano silver that has been used by the US military since the early 2000's. FDA did their own research and found out it wipes out everything like conventional flu viruses. Guess what AJ has all the FDA papers.
This will be another huge win for Infowars, especially if they get taken to court.

An American in Italy has advice for anyone living under quarantine: Follow the rules
From CNN's Steve Almasy

In northern Italy, life is difficult right now. In a country with more than 17,000 cases of the novel coronavirus, staying at home but for a solo trip to the store is the way of life.

American Cristina Higgins lives with her family in Bergamo, near Milan. On Friday, she told CNN's Erin Burnett that being in a country with a mandatory lockdown is like "living with dread."

Almost everything is closed and movement is restricted. Only supermarkets and pharmacies are open. Only one person from each household can go on a shopping run. Police write tickets for people who are out wandering. Lines sometimes form outside the stores because only a certain number of people are allowed inside at one time, and they must remain 3 feet apart.

Yet Higgins said it was in everyone's best interest to comply.

"I would encourage every family to try to think of it is a reason why you should do this," she told CNN. "I encourage everybody ... to comply. And we can all get through this together."

Not everyone is adhering to the rules, she said. A woman in her community who has COVID-19 recently went out in public.
"It's very difficult. It's very, very difficult," she said. "It is, unfortunately despite all that Italy has done, they think that it may not be enough (because not every person is complying)."

Read the full story here.

This isn't going to end well!
AJ has not been pushing cures for corona virus!
He does how ever have a product called colodial nano silver that has been used by the US military since the early 2000's. FDA did their own research and found out it wipes out everything like conventional flu viruses. Guess what AJ has all the FDA papers.
This will be another huge win for Infowars, especially if they get taken to court.

Dunno if it really matters what fans of the guy thinks his stuff is worth or what the truth is, they arrested him in Texas for DWI just a few days ago they could sink him with that alone if they need to.

I don't believe in fluff Science cannot prove to me. So I am not in that camp just find the man funny.

V4skunk

Banned
Dunno if it really matters what fans of the guy thinks his stuff is worth or what the truth is, they arrested him in Texas for DWI just a few days ago they could sink him with that alone if they need to.

I don't believe in fluff Science cannot prove to me. So I am not in that camp just find the man funny.
Keep watching the fake news.
I 100% guarantee nothing is happening to AJ over this DUI.
If you even watched Infowars you'd know what is going on. You don't.
I'm not even going to explain to you what is going on and what the results of this DUI are.

I'm not even going to explain to you what is going on and what the results of this DUI are.

So we should be buying rolls of aluminum foil and not toilet paper? Got it, you don't have to explain at all.

I wish the news would interview more people that have it. So that people will release that while it sucks to have it, it isn't the end of the world.

I honestly think very few people here are legitimately scared of getting sick from this, most everyone understands the odds and we'll be mostly fine (Except for Smiles and Cries Smiles and Cries of course, RIP).

We are worried about the cascade effect this can have on the rest of our healthcare and other services if this really does infect as many people as the models suggest.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

You only watch the real news. Not that garbage for sheep.

I remember when I first discovered PrisonPlanet back in the early~mid-2000s. What a ride that guy has been on.

nush

AYzLqW0.jpg

I wish the news would interview more people that have it. So that people will release that while it sucks to have it, it isn't the end of the world.

cryptoadam

Banned
Good thing we all identify as women now, right ladies?

Fucking sexist virus!

So if I am reading this correctly 8 out of 6235 people >60 died, which is a death rate of 1.2%
And 59 out of 1744 for <60, 3.8% death rate.

In the most infected group, 20-29, 0 people died. This is out of over 2200 infected people. Thats more than the 60 and above (21.8%) combined, which accounts for almost all the deaths. . only 2 people under 50 died.

This thing basically kills old people. The number 1 goal should be to keep it away from people over 50. No wonder many world leaders are shitting bricks they are the target age demographic.

I have to say looking at these numbers this is kinda silly right now. Yes its highly infectious, but if you are from a competent country like SK then this is really nothing. I mean we just cancelled NHL, TV, Movies, Wrestlemania, 11 Trillion dollars, AIRLINES, Cruiselines, and people are throwing down for toilet paper for something that attacks the elderly who are generally usually pretty confined and quarntined. Not to make light of old people and their deaths but not many of them are going to Football games or Wrestlemania or pretty much anywhere.

Not saying its just the flu bro, but SK is a model country in regards to this and they haven't taken extreme draconian measure like China. They controlled the situation and I would trust their numbers. If you are under 50 you aren't dying from this, or most likely even going to the hospital. You aren't a danger to others under 40. The biggest threat is spreading it to people 60 and above and overloading hospitals, which many countries cannot afford to do anyways.

But go buy your TP and beat someone up for some onions, you can wear it on your belt if it makes you feel better. We have top minds working on a vaccine and there comes a point where we will be able to inoculate ourselves from this. We actually would probably be better off sending all people under 40 to giant COVID parties and let them immunize themselves to it LOL.

Last edited:

Thurible

It seems just about everything is being shut down or canceled because of this. Honestly, its kind of freaky. I don't think I'll get sick or die, but it's affecting everything. Also, it seems like everyone has some kind of cough or cold, which isn't uncommon in early spring, but it makes me feel uncomfortable. Models also say that 1 out of 100 people who have it could die, so we all might know one person who passes from it potentially.

CJY

Banned
Guys, I went on Alibaba the other day to find something for my store. I contacted one supplier and they got back to me. The rep was a girl. We talked for a little bit about China and the virus and then she was gone, it was late... and she didn't have the product I wanted at the right price.

Today I sent her a cheeky emoji and she wrote back. We got talking some more and she told me what she was texting me from her phone. A bit more texting and flirting she asked me if I have WhatsApp. I was like, "sure" and got her number and texted her.

Turns out she's really hot. We had a really good time texting. Thing is, she's from Hubei. I'd have no problem going there to meet her cos I'm going back to Vietnam to live there for a while anyway. It's actually probably safer there than in Europe right now. She said her office is back open, that she didn't know anyone who died or caught the virus, that all her friends and family are safe and healthy.

I'm going to keep going with it to see if she's legit. Cos if she is, I'll probably fly over if/when shit blows over here where I am. I'm solidly confined in my bedroom/house with 2 months worth of food/supplies.

It's kinda possible that she is a communist agent spreading communist propaganda and oredered to sing China's praises too. She's really proud of her country.

Oh, another thing she mentioned is that the gov spent $10K USD on each citizen who got sick, or something to that effect.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. It was the only interaction I had with another human all day :p

nush

Guys, I went on Alibaba the other day to find something for my store. I contacted one supplier and they got back to me. The rep was a girl. We talked for a little bit about China and the virus and then she was gone, it was late... and she didn't have the product I wanted at the right price.

Today I sent her a cheeky emoji and she wrote back. We got talking some more and she told me what she was texting me from her phone. A bit more texting and flirting she asked me if I have WhatsApp. I was like, "sure" and got her number and texted her.

Turns out she's really hot. We had a really good time texting. Thing is, she's from Hubei. I'd have no problem going there to meet her cos I'm going back to Vietnam to live there for a while anyway. It's actually probably safer there than in Europe right now. She said her office is back open, that she didn't know anyone who died or caught the virus, that all her friends and family are safe and healthy.

I'm going to keep going with it to see if she's legit. Cos if she is, I'll probably fly over if/when shit blows over here where I am. I'm solidly confined in my bedroom/house with 2 months worth of food/supplies.

It's kinda possible that she is a communist agent spreading communist propaganda and oredered to sing China's praises too. She's really proud of her country.

Oh, another thing she mentioned is that the gov spent $10K USD on each citizen who got sick, or something to that effect.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. It was the only interaction I had with another human all day :p

Dude..... :messenger_neutral:

So if I am reading this correctly 8 out of 6235 people >60 died, which is a death rate of 1.2%
And 59 out of 1744 for <60, 3.8% death rate.

In the most infected group, 20-29, 0 people died. This is out of over 2200 infected people. Thats more than the 60 and above (21.8%) combined, which accounts for almost all the deaths. (51 out of 59). only 2 people under 50 died.

This thing basically kills old people. The number 1 goal should be to keep it away from people over 50. No wonder many world leaders are shitting bricks they are the target age demographic.

I have to say looking at these numbers this is kinda silly right now. Yes its highly infectious, but if you are from a competent country like SK then this is really nothing. I mean we just cancelled NHL, TV, Movies, Wrestlemania, 11 Trillion dollars, AIRLINES, Cruiselines, and people are throwing down for toilet paper for something that attacks the elderly who are generally usually pretty confined and quarntined. Not to make light of old people and their deaths but not many of them are going to Football games or Wrestlemania or pretty much anywhere.

Not saying its just the flu bro, but SK is a model country in regards to this and they haven't taken extreme draconian measure like China. They controlled the situation and I would trust their numbers. If you are under 50 you aren't dying from this, or most likely even going to the hospital. You aren't a danger to others under 40. The biggest threat is spreading it to people 60 and above and overloading hospitals, which many countries cannot afford to do anyways.

But go buy your TP and beat someone up for some onions, you can wear it on your belt if it makes you feel better. We have top minds working on a vaccine and there comes a point where we will be able to inoculate ourselves from this. We actually would probably be better off sending all people under 40 to giant COVID parties and let them immunize themselves to it LOL.

That doesn't explain Italy's mortality rate which is why theorists have been saying that it's a bio weapon, it's speculated that Italy's strain has mutated yet if it is a mutation then there's no way it's a virus from some stupid food market with pigs shitting on bats or whatever. Also doctors have found out that this thing causes long term damage to your lungs that can potentially shorten your lifespan. So even if your under 40 and while it might not immediately kill you, it can mess you up long term.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...function-gasping-air-hong-kong-doctors-2020-3

Basically they did x-rays and found that it really jacks up peoples lungs.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
That doesn't explain Italy's mortality rate which is why theorists have been saying that it's a bio weapon, it's speculated that Italy's strain has mutated yet if it is a mutation then there's no way it's a virus from some stupid food market with pigs shitting on bats or whatever. Also doctors have found out that this thing causes long term damage to your lungs that can potentially shorten your lifespan. So even if your under 40 and while it might not immediately kill you, it can mess you up long term.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...function-gasping-air-hong-kong-doctors-2020-3

Basically they did x-rays and found that it really jacks up peoples lungs.

Italy is because its all old people. So far I can't find data on google with age breakdown aside from the average age being 81. Its also mainly concentrated in that one city. So basically a shit ton of old people are dying in that one city wrecking their probably already shitty for that city hospital. Also Italy probably did some other stupid shit along the way that made it worse like in China.

Yes its not a great virus. Other viruses can also cause damage, but is this really something we should be destroying the world over? Fist fighting for TP ? Most Western governments should be as competent as SK's at least. And their data shows that if you keep it away from old people you aren't going to have 100's of thousands or millions dead. The largest infected group almost 30% accounted for 0 deaths, and only 2 people under 50 died. I am not opposed to taking measures but these numbers bear the facts that for people under 60 this is not bunker down and prepare for the apocalypse level threat.

I mean don't you think it seems insane whats going on when you look at SK's breakdown and see that if you handle it without panic and isolate the elderly you could basically eliminate 90% of the deaths. Deaths and serious condition is really being inflated by China and Italy. We know China basically lied and tried to cover it up and then took draconian methods, so what did Italy do that fucked everything up so much? Time to follow Taiwan and SK they know what they are doing.

Reactions: LMJ

nush

A lot of what I'm saying it tongue-in-cheek man. Don't worry. haha. Love to hear what you're actually thinking though. haha

It's textbook "My first Chinese girlfriend" thinking.

She's "hot"? post pics then. (You wont)

She's giving you attention because a) She wants to make a sale. b) She's bored and your more interesting than anyone she's working with.

She's also talking with any number of other foreign guys thinking exactly just like you are.

AJ opinion is pretty different though then most of the other major theorist sites. Most of the theorist sites are all on the same page that this was probably caused by the global elite (Rostchilds, Gates, Rockerfeller's, etc) to crash governments and finally take over. It's the typical New World Order, globalization schpeal. In an ensuing panic peoples rights will be taken away, etc,etc. Population control and eugenics.

AJ is a Trump stan though so he is basically "but muh China."

And here folks is the most egregious example of pussy completely blinding someone to the point of irrationality I've ever witnessed.

lyan

Hm vpn is needed for whatsapp to function in China...
Anyway it doesn't take a communist agent to spread propaganda, bad-mouth about things there is same as asking for an invitation for tea from the authorities. It is more likely one belongs to some fraud organization, you know, like the African prince in trouble who many have received emails from, than to be an agent of the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom