• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnergy

Man I was at a chemist in London yesterday that had kids calpol and some random flu medicine. I text my wife. I asked do we. need any. It’s 100 ml it’s good for the plane etc.

(I already brought the kids calpol one bottle)
She went nah we’re fine we have some France has some all good. Like don’t worry.

So in usual husband style I had already got the kids medicine. So instead of admit it. Be called a panic buyer. Etc.

I decided I’ll keep it give it to someone at work who has kids. Which I did.

this morning I get a text from her asking to get some and some adult paracetamol. Because she doesn’t want to go the pharmacy. Yeah Good luck me finding it again

I swear you can never win. Ever.
That’s why I don’t ask . I just do. Sadly some one has to. I had a fight keeping our boy of 3 from pre school, ... he isn’t going , it’s about more than us now.

Feels wrong , but it is what it is.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
That’s why I don’t ask . I just do. Sadly some one has to. I had a fight keeping our boy of 3 from pre school, ... he isn’t going , it’s about more than us now.

Feels wrong , but it is what it is.
You’re right. Man I felt like maybe I was being a bit of a panic/paranoid person.

but what if I’m right doing these things having these ideas. That’s the scary thought. All these people saying yeah zombie apocalypse would be a breeze. Well this is like that.

sinnergy

You’re right. Man I felt like maybe I was being a bit of a panic/paranoid person.

but what if I’m right doing these things having these ideas. That’s the scary thought. All these people saying yeah zombie apocalypse would be a breeze. Well this is like that.
Sadly , better prepared than not ,is my motto

GHG

Gold Member
They’re not clever. Thinking about it - if this gets to Africa while the west is in no position to help it’ll be an absolute massacre. The numbers would be on a scale we don’t want to even begin to imagine.

Yeh but at the same time I can understand people wanting to have a bit of a release during these times of madness. Until their government tells them mass gatherings and parties are banned then it will continue.

I went out on Thursday night and nightclubs and bars were still packed out in Dubai, they had Wiz Khalifa on stage at White, it was business as usual. If anything everyone was drunker and loser than usual (it was fantastic *chef kiss*).

So they needed to explicitly say no more nightclubs and parties to make a change that will help stop and prevent the spread here because this is just how people are.

Last edited:

AsylumKeeper

Neo Member
Yeah this will get a whole lot uglier before it gets better.

Alot of europe is going on lockdown and this will have a huge negative effect on import. It takes a while but slowly we will have less and less goods to buy in our stores. Empty stores creates panic and alot of people goes into overdrive stocking up on food and supplies. Panic drives panic.

At this stage I am way more concerned about what panic does to our society than the virus itself.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
7r6PgNd.jpg

Courtesy of the always-wonderful Viz magazine. Who needs bogroll?

Last edited by a moderator:

While I took a nap

Iran reported 1,209 new cases 13,938 totol - 113 new deaths 724 total deaths
Germany 543 new cases
Belgium 197 new cases
Austria 145 new cases
Malaysia 190 new cases

mKbzmWp.png

ZBCpxDg.png

Oh man now I feel like a party poo poo pooper
all them dancing and singing post above me.

Last edited:

Tumle

Welcome to the thread, post 10,129. Please go back to post number 1, the source of the outbreak, before talking shit. Thanks!
Yes the source of the outbrea was in China, what does that have to do with your conspiracy theories?
I have been following this thread for a while.. some in here are trying to keep the thread factual, others like you like to muddy the waters and wave your political flag..
As the DR. In the video said, you can determine the origin of the outbreak (almost like carbon dating it) down to the month it first jumped species..

Yes the source of the outbrea was in China, what does that have to do with your conspiracy theories?
I have been following this thread for a while.. some in here are trying to keep the thread factual, others like you like to muddy the waters and wave your political flag..
As the DR. In the video said, you can determine the origin of the outbreak (almost like carbon dating it) down to the month it first jumped species..

Fair enough. I have offered enough serious conversation in this thread so far, but I add in a bit of fun for good measure.

One last shout out though before I go. The UK gov, right now, are like:

giphy.webp

sinnergy

The Netherlands has 6000 cases says our sub CDC, some mild so they go to work 😂 which seems that they had to leak these ... wtf .

Almost 1000 registered, our government is totally clueless.

Lock down bitches . Because those mild cases keep spreading .

Also 16 year old confirmed in hospital kept In coma

Yet no lock down

Last edited:
Netherlands: 8 patients died, 176 new patients, a total of 1135 positive tested persons
Since yesterday, 176 new people have been tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus. This brings the total positive tested people to 1135.

As of yesterday, 8 patients died from COVID-19, ages 59 to 94. Most are over 70 years old and have underlying suffering. In total, 20 people have now died from the disease. A total of 162 patients were or have been hospitalized.

It was just a joke. You’re really floundering here.

Tumle

Fair enough. I have offered enough serious conversation in this thread so far, but I add in a bit of fun for good measure.

One last shout out though before I go. The UK gov, right now, are like:

giphy.webp
Well sorry I didn’t get the joke (I got the South Park reference) and thought you where being serious..
because there a nutters out there who do believe it.

sinnergy

Netherlands: 8 patients died, 176 new patients, a total of 1135 positive tested persons
Since yesterday, 176 new people have been tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus. This brings the total positive tested people to 1135.

As of yesterday, 8 patients died from COVID-19, ages 59 to 94. Most are over 70 years old and have underlying suffering. In total, 20 people have now died from the disease. A total of 162 patients were or have been hospitalized.
Seems to worsen , lock down so that everyone stays home.

Because mild cases spread ... and children also.

To bad it passed my 1000 prediction on Sunday 😭

Last edited:
Well sorry I didn’t get the joke (I got the South Park reference) and thought you where being serious..
because there a nutters out there who do believe it.

I edited my earlier post. You're right though, this is a serious thread, perhaps useful (as I use it for) as an ongoing summary and info about the virus. I need to chill and get on with work at home and stop fucking around on GAF.

Let's hope the numbers slow.

Starfield

in 1 hour I will know if I will be reactivated for civil duty (Austria). Right now they're saying everyone who did mandatory civil duty in the past 5 years will be reactivated. I was at the red cross in 2015/16 and I'm still at the red cross since then (volunatirly).

They will for sure force me to go on duty soon. I mean, I'm still doing night shifts every week. But they probably will give us 50-60hrs a week now

Last edited:
Just stepped away for a little Space X launch and Spain reports a spike

xtgpYTI.png

Spain is the new Italy for sure

BNO pls update already

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom