• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpance

Nah....

182041.png

Oh.

Gulp.

Found some more info

NYTimes said:
In Japan, fears were growing in places where the Diamond Princess had made port calls before returning to Yokohama.

Health officials in Naha, the capital of Okinawa Prefecture, said that 13 people had left the ship there last Saturday and not returned. Some have left the country.

The 2,600 passengers who disembarked for at least a few hours on Saturday “did not display symptoms at the quarantine screen station,” said Takahiro Hayamizu, an official at the Naha public health office. “We don’t have detailed information on who they were, so we cannot track down their route in Okinawa.”
Passengers traveled by buses and taxis after arriving in Okinawa, and officials are trying to trace their routes.

Looks like the ship was unaware for at least 10 days since patient 0 boarded.

The man flew into Tokyo -- the world's most populous city -- on January 17 with his two daughters, and two days later said he began developing a cough, Hong Kong authorities said. He boarded the cruise in Yokohama on January 20, and when it stopped back in Hong Kong on January 25, part of its pre-planned itinerary, he got off and never returned. He sought medical attention on January 30 and was diagnosed with the virus shortly after. He is currently in a stable condition.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Tonight I'm going to eat at a chinese restaurant, fuck this mass histerya.
Doesn't matter if it's well cooked in a 1000 degree scorching hot wok.

Just make sure to stay away from:

- Bat soup
- Oven baked turtle shell
- Braised bear paws
- Stuffed octopus tentacles
- Crusted centipedes
- Cow hooves
- And any other weird shit which looks like it was caught in a net in the back alley

nush

Uh oh.

You called it.

Well for better or worse we'll know how it is once (and if) outbreaks start in other countries.

If it tears through India, they'll be upfront about it and we can all agree that China's been hiding details.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Why does it seem that non asians are less likely to get sick and die from it?
Its because this is a failed vaccine that was supposed to only save Chinese from the real bioweapon they have locked away.

Basically CCP are modern day nazis that believe they are the superior race. They also really want North America so their plan is to use a bioweapon to wipe out most Americans so they can easily take the content.

Fortunately for us the CCP are fucking dumb and the failed vaccine for their bioweapon ended up infecting the people who were working on it and then passed it to others. This virus is basically tailor made to kill Chinese because it was supposed to be a race specific vaccine.

This is how they had the genome so quick and why they tried to cover it up.

Or at least that is what I heard...

Last edited:

-Up to 50,000 new infections per day in China
-China’s official reporting is unreliable, less than 10% of actual
-Infection count doubling every five days
-Reproducibility (r0) of 2.1 to 3.3
-Will peak in Wuhan in a month’s time
-Later for the rest of the world

Sounds about right, unfortunately. R0 of 2.1 to 3.3 is lower than what that other doctor believed (and some studies too) which indicated it could be >4. That's good news I guess.

Hinedorf

Banned

"we think the epidemic is doubling in size roughly every 5 days"

+

China’s official reporting is unreliable

= We got some serious shit

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Its because this is a failed vaccine that was supposed to only save Chinese from the real bioweapon they have locked away.

Basically CCP are modern day nazis that believe they are the superior race. They also really want North America so their plan is to use a bioweapon to wipe out most Americans so they can easily take the content.

Fortunately for us the CCP are fucking dumb and the failed vaccine for their bioweapon ended up infecting the people who were working on it and then passed it to others. This virus is basically tailor made to kill Chinese because it was supposed to be a race specific vaccine.

This is how they had the genome so quick and why they tried to cover it up.

Or at least that is what I heard...

Hey now, don't let your confirmation bias cause you to make up things or trust any info that isn't verifiable :p

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Hey now, don't let your confirmation bias cause you to make up things or trust any info that isn't verifiable :p
Lol, I don't actually believe that, but I have heard that exact theory. The failed vaccine thing makes since to me, but I think air quality is making it really bad not their "race".

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Probably time to ban travel/trade outbound from China till they get this sorted out.
Too late.
And all part of the globalist plan.
Also according to WHO it is racist to ban flights from China.
Work it out, I already have, and I'm stacked with lots of tinned corned beef and tinned veg, because when it kicks of properly in the west the shops are going to empty fast.

Last edited:

Pontificates some guy from thousands of miles away. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

When opinions serve tv ratings.

nush

Too late.
Work it out, I already have, and I'm stacked with lots of tinned corned beef and tinned veg, because when it kicks of properly in the west the shops are going to empty fast.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Texas Pride

Banned
Too late.

The truth is if it does come to that if you're not prepared you're asking to be victimized by others looking to survive. Guns,ammo,water & food are going to be the new currency. People that don't have it will take from those who do. You wanna see who someone really is? Take away their food and water and we all revert to our basest instincts which is to survive. Whatever means necessary.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Lots of stories about the doctor who died but none of them seem even remotely curious about a 33-year old man dying to the flu. Seems like there should be mention of a pre-existing illness of some sort otherwise somebody hasn't been honest about how deadly the virus is.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Lots of stories about the doctor who died but none of them seem even remotely curious about a 33-year old man dying to the flu. Seems like there should be mention of a pre-existing illness of some sort otherwise somebody hasn't been honest about how deadly the virus is.

He’s the youngest recorded but the two that died outside of China were 39 and 44. Are they really that much older?

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

As mentioned by others those numbers provided by the CCP can not be real.

All their efforts just raise more questions. And I can't believe western governments take it so easy. Like nothing to see their . . .

I still hear people saying think of the flu. China would not go on lock down if this stuff wasn't much more dangerous then the seasonal flu . . . They have so much to lose from this. This means not acting like this seems to be the worse option for the CCP . . .

Ornlu

Banned
The truth is if it does come to that if you're not prepared you're asking to be victimized by others looking to survive. Guns,ammo,water & food are going to be the new currency. People that don't have it will take from those who do. You wanna see who someone really is? Take away their food and water and we all revert to our basest instincts which is to survive. Whatever means necessary.

I'm gonna be a pro at making bottlecap mines like you wouldn't believe.

Ma-Yuan

I read on twitter that there are now 400mio people on lock down 3 whole provinces and 65+ major cities. But I can't find any sources that confirm this . . .

Liljagare

Yeah, unfortunately, over the weekend and next week is when we will see the real spread starting, as people are falling ill if I understand it right, worldwide, superspreaders etc..

Holding my thumbs for the best, but I went over the prepper storage anyway today.. :\

Mihos

Gold Member
We just had our plant closing in China extended indefinitely (was supposed to reopen on the 9th) and sent masks from our Brazil facility to our guys in Suzhou, since now there is a major shortage. To make things worse, about half our staff will be quarantined for 14 days when they are allowed to return to the city. Looks like we will lose the whole month there.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
As I have said before, all Chinese are compromised due to their air quality alone. At 33 the dudes lungs were probably the same as a 50 year old american smoker.

This is why we won't know anything about this virus until people who haven't spent the majority of their lives in China start dropping dead.

As mentioned by others those numbers provided by the CCP can not be real.

All their efforts just raise more questions. And I can't believe western governments take it so easy. Like nothing to see their . . .

I still hear people saying think of the flu. China would not go on lock down if this stuff wasn't much more dangerous then the seasonal flu . . . They have so much to lose from this. This means not acting like this seems to be the worse option for the CCP . . .

I explained why the CCP has done what they have done a few pages back.

TLDR

-virus takes ~2-5 weeks to clear
- virus puts about 20% of people in the hospital
- Virus has ~2% death rate, >15% if you are hospitalized
- CCP realized early on they didn't have enough hospital beds or ICUs so they shut everything down in order to keep the tragedy in Wuhan from happening all over.
- Wuhan is an example of what happens when you run out of hospital beds. A 2% death rate virus kills WAY more people because they cannot get care.
- The problem with this virus is not death rate it is hospitalization rate
- Other countries are going to try and slow the virus as much as possible to keep hospitals from getting overwhelmed. They also hope to stall the virus until the summer so that heat will help limit its spread (wont last as long on surfaces).
- Respiratory desease is worse for the Chinese because of how horrible their air quality is. It effects men more than women because there are twice as many men in china as there are women and ~60% of men smoke in china (only 1.4% of women smoke).

This should be really easy to understand and completely explains the CCP's reaction without tin foil hat "This virus kills >50% of people" bullshit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom