• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Since NeoGAF is still a gaming forum, how do we think this will impact the NextGen launches? I've already seen reports that the 2019nCov is impacting Switch production.

When do the nextgen systems need to be in full production to meet a November delivery date? I feel like in the past my launch consoles were usually made in like July?

Also:

Early production trials are probably ongoing, and much would depend on what parts of the supply chain are broken. I'd imagine it will a fairly significant disruption across all industries. The auto industry is bracing for a big problem at the moment, so I am sure the consumer electronics industry is in the same predicament.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

love it myself

images

On February 7, 2020 , from 04:00 to 24:00 , 2841 new cases of pneumonia caused by new coronavirus infection were added in Hubei Province , including: 1985 in Wuhan, 172 in Xiaogan, 144 in Huanggang, 98 in Ezhou, and Xiangyang 69 cases, 68 cases in Huangshi City, 56 cases in Jingzhou City, 52 cases in Xiantao City, 43 cases in Shiyan City, 38 cases in Suizhou City, 35 cases in Jingmen City, 33 cases in Xianning City, 23 cases in Yichang City, 16 cases in Tianmen City, Qianjiang There were 6 cases in the city and 3 cases in Enshi Prefecture. There were 81 new deaths in the province , of which 67 were in Wuhan, 2 in Xiangyang, 1 in Yichang, 1 in Jingzhou, 1 in Jingmen, 2 in Ezhou, 1 in Xiaogan, and 4 in Huanggang. There was 1 case in Xianning and 1 case in Qianjiang. There were 298 new hospital discharges , including: 164 in Wuhan, 12 in Huangshi, 9 in Shiyan, 2 in Xiangyang, 13 in Yichang, 7 in Jingzhou, 12 in Jingmen, 2 in Ezhou, and Xiaogan There were 13 cases, 37 cases in Huanggang City, 6 cases in Xianning City, 14 cases in Suizhou City, 3 cases in Enshi Prefecture, 3 cases in Xiantao City, and 1 case in Qianjiang City.

As of 24:00 on February 7, 2020, Hubei Province has reported 24953 cases of pneumonia caused by new coronavirus infections , including: 13603 cases in Wuhan, 2313 cases in Xiaogan City, 2041 cases in Huanggang City, 953 cases in Suizhou City, and 941 cases in Jingzhou City. 907 cases in Xiangyang, 703 cases in Huangshi, 633 cases in Yichang, 588 cases in Jingmen, 569 cases in Ezhou, 476 cases in Xianning, 438 cases in Shiyan, 359 cases in Xiantao, 179 cases in Tianmen, and 160 cases in Enshi 80 cases in Qianjiang City and 10 cases in Shennongjia Forest District. 1,115 patients have been cured and discharged. There were 699 deaths, including: 545 in Wuhan, 2 in Huangshi, 5 in Xiangyang, 8 in Yichang, 11 in Jingzhou, 18 in Jingmen, 20 in Ezhou, 26 in Xiaogan, and 36 in Huanggang. , 2 in Xianning, 9 in Suizhou, 5 in Xiantao, 10 in Tianmen, and 2 in Qianjiang. At present , 19835 cases are still being treated in the hospital , of which 4188 cases are critically ill and 1,007 cases are critically ill. They are all under isolation treatment at designated medical institutions. A total of 114,044 close contacts have been tracked, and 67,802 people are still undergoing medical observation.

Last edited:

Narasumas

Its good to see the recovered continue to climb.

Yes I realize they are missing some deaths, but they are missing a hole shit load of mild cases as well.

Yeah the recoveries are nice...but what startles me the most is the amount still in critical condition. It’s like 1/6.

Westerndam is still without a port... thankfully no one seems sick yet and they have provisions for a bit.

demigod

Ughhh, just had this lady and a different sidekick stop by my house again telling me about Jehovah Witness. Not sure if she actually remembered my name or if she wrote it down on her ipad. Anyways she was telling me how believing in Jehovah will free me from any illness or Coronavirus. What say you GAF?

Starfield

Ughhh, just had this lady and a different sidekick stop by my house again telling me about Jehovah Witness. Not sure if she actually remembered my name or if she wrote it down on her ipad. Anyways she was telling me how believing in Jehovah will free me from any illness or Coronavirus. What say you GAF?
I say you should give them all your money and belongings.

nush

Huge queues at the only Hong Kong to Mainland border crossing still open. If they don't get through by middnight then they will have to go into a two week quarantine, no chance everyone will make it through in time.

Huge queues at the only Hong Kong to Mainland border crossing still open. If they don't get through by middnight then they will have to go into a two week quarantine, no chance everyone will make it through in time.

these deadline warnings are the stupiest things ever. WTF are you thinking. If you don't rush in now we are going to make you wait in isolation for 2 weeks, I wonder what they will do before the deadline? o_O

530 left hospital today, 83 deaths from the combined infected.

guuol8od1gf41.jpg

On 7th it flatlined to ~3000. It's petering out in terms of growth of new cases.

I didn't know until now, but its interesting to note, Flu deaths in the west aren't counted if they result from ensuing pneumonia which is the bulk of deaths. So the h1n flu1 virus has been far more deadly than reported. Not 300,000 dead since 2009, but millions perished.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Didn’t India confirm 2,800 yesterday?

I think that was what they quarantined and they didn't have any ??

Anyways it basically shows that this is an asian thing. I am sure most of the non asian cases are either asian people or people who spend a lot of time in asian communities.

China is fucked though. They are living in a post apocalyptic distopyian future lol. High tech overcrowded cities being raveged by a diseases living under a big brother authoritarian one party leadership. Probably going to see it become Mad Max over there at some point.

lyan

these deadline warnings are the stupiest things ever. WTF are you thinking. If you don't rush in now we are going to make you wait in isolation for 2 weeks, I wonder what they will do before the deadline? o_O
Turns out alright for them as the Hong Kong government has no intention to do a proper isolation and is relying on self-discipline with some phone calls once a while.

530 left hospital today, 83 deaths from the combined infected.

guuol8od1gf41.jpg

On 7th it flatlined to ~3000. It's petering out in terms of growth of new cases.

I didn't know until now, but its interesting to note, Flu deaths in the west aren't counted if they result from ensuing pneumonia which is the bulk of deaths. So the h1n flu1 virus has been far more deadly than reported. Not 300,000 dead since 2009, but millions perished.
I don't believe this.

Breakage

Eighty-six people die of coronavirus in a DAY in China as Beijing begins mass arrest of sufferers and videos shows hazmat suit-clad goons dragging people from their homes as the death toll hits 724

cryptoadam

Banned
Eighty-six people die of coronavirus in a DAY in China as Beijing begins mass arrest of sufferers and videos shows hazmat suit-clad goons dragging people from their homes as the death toll hits 724

Im thinking that eventually CCP is going to just start rounding people up and leaving them in "hospitals".

I would say its cruel but in a way fuck that. I dont want 100s of people dieing and thousanda getting infected. China created this problem (and i am more and more falling for this bio weapon conspiracy) let them deal with it how ever fit. At this point china is close to gone.

Breakage

Im thinking that eventually CCP is going to just start rounding people up and leaving them in "hospitals".

I would say its cruel but in a way fuck that. I dont want 100s of people dieing and thousanda getting infected. China created this problem (and i am more and more falling for this bio weapon conspiracy) let them deal with it how ever fit. At this point china is close to gone.
It does seem as if it is becoming increasingly chaotic over there.

once you start fumigating a whole city while wearing hazmat suits things are beyond chaotic

I was hoping for some normalcy to return

I can't even laugh at the earlier posts around here claiming things would get busy in those stress once people returned from New Years vacation travels. They are fumigating empty ass streets!

We're going to eradicate ourselves with our own stupidity aren't we? The problem with access to powerful knowledge is that, in this information ubiquitous age, it can get into the hands of those who have no real comprehension, conscience, or sense of responsibility. Some things require great care and consideration, yet the keys to annihilation have been left on the kitchen counter.

Yikes video of the day
3IIe2Pf.png

Not gonna hate on China for this, because the US would be doing the same if you had a deadly virus and was resisting
the people doing this work are at great risk of getting sick too.

still a very bad look, I wonder why they allow these videos to get out

I also wonder if the brave face has given away to real fear now

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Not gonna hate on China for this, because the US would be doing the same if you had a deadly virus and was resisting

I agree that it sucks and seems cruel. But China has to get this shit under control for the rest of the worlds sake. We all know eventually they are going to just herd people in those hospitals they are building with bars on the windows and probably quarntine them to die (and a few lucky ones will actually survive). But the other option is to let this virus spread across the globe. So far the rest of us have been lucky and it has not spread like it has in China. And lets keep in mind that whatever numbers China are giving us are probably 1/10th of the numbers.

vpance

Maybe, I don't know. If they're infected why can't they be left at home? It's just weird and like a scene out of a movie.

As to why these videos are coming out, I think the dam has broke. Can't hide these public actions for very long when it's happening at an increasing rate and scale of severity.

nush

Maybe, I don't know. If they're infected why can't they be left at home? It's just weird and like a scene out of a movie.

Becuse those apartments become virus incubators. One person gets the virus then the whole family could get it, then the whole building. Notice how they took them down the stairs instead of the elevator so as not to turn the elevator into a coronovirus hotbox.

Another fake man-made virus that's being used to shrink Chinas population and scare off other nations, resulting in panic and the relaxed standards to let the government take further control in your lives because you're too scared to pay attention. Then it will suddenly become contained before any vaccines are reported to have great results and suddenly drop out of the new cycle just like SARS.

jason10mm

Gold Member
seems like the number of infections is going down?

If the aggressive containment measures China has implemented are working then this is indicative of the virus burning out in China. The death toll may increase as previously infected people die but the new case # dictates the spread.. I think this may be a lull though as infected but not yet symptomatic people may still be out there. Still need a week or so of stable or dropping new case numbers to be sure.

nush

Another fake man-made virus that's being used to shrink Chinas population and scare off other nations, resulting in panic and the relaxed standards to let the government take further control in your lives because you're too scared to pay attention. Then it will suddenly become contained before any vaccines are reported to have great results and suddenly drop out of the new cycle just like SARS.
InfantileGreedyAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

A whole other episode of fake news comes to a head;

Was the Wuhan Doctor a Brave Whistleblower Silenced by the Government?
He didn’t warn the public: A whistle blower, by definition, tries to warn the public. In this case, he sent his opinion to seven of his colleagues in a private chat group.

That much is common knowledge. The guy taking a screenshot of the chat log and posting it to social media was not him. That guy is prancing around and alive. Divination of a grand conspiracy are stupid. Many doctors have died from the disease.

Last edited:

Sugarmonkey

You should see Chernobyl on HBO, if you haven't already. It was fascinating to watch how the USSR originally handled what could have theoretically become a global catastrophe if the tanks exploded or if the melting cores got into the ground water / rivers. But of course, to save face on the global stage, the Soviet Union told everyone that everything was under control (and under 3.6 roentgens an hour) when shit was deffo not under control (and over 15,000 roentgens an hour). They only fessed up once radiation was being dumped on parts of Europe. My point is that instead of saying "fake news", which is dismissive, you could probably practice some critical thinking. I guess it's more comfortable for many to hand wave scary shit away as "fake news" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom