• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gp1

How to not become a worlds pandemic epicenter and a international pariah.

You only release the correct numbers when no one cares anymore. Nothing like a dictatorship to suppress information. 3° place on total death count with the 9° population.

Meanwhile the US, Brazil, UK etc takes all the flak.

Last edited:

Joe T.

So, because one newspaper report from fucking Quebec says cancer deaths have been mistakenly classed as covid, covid has cancer in it?

Uh oh, Quebec doesn't count anymore. Does Ontario count? The two provinces make up the majority of Canada.

How about Colorado?

You'll be moving goal posts until you're blue in the face. Why not just admit you were wrong? This is happening in a lot of places and if you're monitoring this thread you've already been made aware of it, so what's driving you to dismiss official statements and data?

FunkMiller

Uh oh, Quebec doesn't count anymore. Does Ontario count? The two provinces make up the majority of Canada.

How about Colorado?

You'll be moving goal posts until you're blue in the face. Why not just admit you were wrong? This is happening in a lot of places and if you're monitoring this thread you've already been made aware of it, so what's driving you to dismiss official statements and data?

Did you say Covid has cancer in it, or did you not? You said Covid is an amalgamation of flu, cancer and other tumours. That’s all I’m trying to establish. That’s what’s been claimed.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Did you say Covid has cancer in it, or did you not? You said Covid is an amalgamation of flu, cancer and other tumours. That’s all I’m trying to establish. That’s what’s been claimed.

Reading comprehension is hard for some people, so I'll spell it out for you using the quote you're referring to:

"Covid is an amalgamation of other diseases like rhinovirus, flu, heart conditions and even cancers - this is what you believe when you accept the daily case numbers, even if you don't want to admit it."

You accept those case numbers at face value. I do not because I've been well aware of how exaggerated they are. As you've seen in my previous posts, those covid case numbers include gun shot deaths and cancer. The statement was true. It applies in the UK as well where everything is counted as a covid death if they had tested positive within the prior month, it's on their official government web page. These aren't exceptions to the rule, they are the rule.

FunkMiller

Reading comprehension is hard for some people, so I'll spell it out for you using the quote you're referring to:

"Covid is an amalgamation of other diseases like rhinovirus, flu, heart conditions and even cancers - this is what you believe when you accept the daily case numbers, even if you don't want to admit it."

You accept those case numbers at face value. I do not because I've been well aware of how exaggerated they are. As you've seen in my previous posts, those covid case numbers include gun shot deaths and cancer. The statement was true. It applies in the UK as well where everything is counted as a covid death if they had tested positive within the prior month, it's on their official government web page. These aren't exceptions to the rule, they are the rule.

You‘re so weird. All you had to say was “no, I don’t think Covid is an amalgamation of other diseases like flu and cancer, all I meant is that I think deaths from other causes have been lumped in with Covid deaths.”

To which I’d have no argument. I’m sure in isolated cases that other causes of death have been erroneously put down as Covid. I would expect nothing less across the Earth’s population. Errors always occur.

Though of course you’ve not provided enough evidence to suggest those errors are anything more than random happenstances that would have little impact on overall global Covid death figures.

Joe T.

Though of course you’ve not provided enough evidence to suggest those errors are anything more than random happenstances that would have little impact on overall global Covid death figures.

They're not errors, they are recorded that way by design.

Joe T.

Of course they are Captain Tinfoil.

Your projection is self-defeating. It was explicitly explained in the news reports and official statements provided. You either ignored reading/watching them or have complete disregard for the facts.

Here's another example from Maricopa County, Arizona that I expect you to also quickly sweep under the rug, it more than doubles the UK's 28 days since a positive test result to 60 days:

"These account for things like trauma, car accidents, gun shot wounds and even drug overdoses."

Let me know when you've had enough because you're barking up the wrong tree if you think you can wear out my patience.

FunkMiller

Your projection is self-defeating. It was explicitly explained in the news reports and official statements provided. You either ignored reading/watching them or have complete disregard for the facts.

Here's another example from Maricopa County, Arizona that I expect you to also quickly sweep under the rug, it more than doubles the UK's 28 days since a positive test result to 60 days:

"These account for things like trauma, car accidents, gun shot wounds and even drug overdoses."

Let me know when you've had enough because you're barking up the wrong tree if you think you can wear out my patience.

Oh, I have no doubt there’s nothing I could possibly say that would get you to alter your standpoint. I could opine about thousands and thousands of official data strands and peer reviewed articles, including links to them all, and none of it would persuade you away from the stuff you see on Twitter. I was merely incredulous that you’d think Covid was an actual physical amalgamation of other diseases like cancer. This does not appear to be the case, so you’re not that far down the rabbit hole. Have a nice day 😊

Joe T.

Oh, I have no doubt there’s nothing I could possibly say that would get you to alter your standpoint. I could opine about thousands and thousands of official data strands and peer reviewed articles, including links to them all, and none of it would persuade you away from the stuff you see on Twitter. I was merely incredulous that you’d think Covid was an actual physical amalgamation of other diseases like cancer. This does not appear to be the case, so you’re not that far down the rabbit hole. Have a nice day 😊

I'm open-minded and have insatiable curiosity, I'm always changing my point of view in light of new facts/evidence. You just aren't providing any of it, instead relying on petty insults.

What's worse, you've clearly demonstrated that you have no interest in accepting official data/statements that are presented to you (re: "errors", "random happenstance") and have embarked on the silly theme of dismissing everything communicated via social media, even when it relays/mirrors official government data, scientific studies and mainstream reporting. How am I supposed to interpret that?

I welcome being wrong, it shows I'm learning something. My standpoint on this issue happens to be backed by official government sources and you've presented nothing to disprove it. What have you seen that disproves it?

I'm giving you an olive branch here, show me some good faith.

WoJ

Why do you take a flu shot then?

Because the flu shot is free, my primary care physician gives it to me during my annual physical every year and has been around for decades. Why not?

To be clear - I am not a massive anti-vaxxer or deathly afraid of the COVID vaccine. I plan to get it at some point. But I am a bit hesitant to take it immediately and would rather wait until it's matured a bit. The fact that it's been developed and pushed out in less than a year, as well as literally the first vaccine of it's kind gives me a bit of pause. I don't think it's a massive conspiracy, I'd just rather not be at the front of the line because of some of these factors.

I'd rather wait and see what comes from the first round of vaccines and hopefully get a more refined version a bit down the road. Either way, I am low on the list of people to get it anyways being under 40 and in good health.

4MMYuhF.jpg

sinnergy

How to not become a worlds pandemic epicenter and a international pariah.

You only release the correct numbers when no one cares anymore. Nothing like a dictatorship to suppress information. 3° place on total death count with the 9° population.

Meanwhile the US, Brazil, UK etc takes all the flak.
Virus is hoax!

Stouffers

Banned
My MiL just went behind my back and got my annual poker game cancelled because of Covid concern. She nagged the wives of some of the players to the point where they dropped out. I set up ventilation, masks, hand-sani pumps. Complete ass move. She’s out shopping all over town, having random neighbors stop by her house (and invited in), and even allowed her grandchild to come to Chrismtas despite having a fever 24 hours prior. The kid sneezed all over the cakes and she laughed it off. In 25 years, we’ve never cancelled a game.

sinnergy

My MiL just went behind my back and got my annual poker game cancelled because of Covid concern. She nagged the wives of some of the players to the point where they dropped out. I set up ventilation, masks, hand-sani pumps. Complete ass move. She’s out shopping all over town, having random neighbors stop by her house (and invited in), and even allowed her grandchild to come to Chrismtas despite having a fever 24 hours prior. The kid sneezed all over the cakes and she laughed it off. In 25 years, we’ve never cancelled a game.
COVID times are amazing, the best part is how people handle it and justify some decisions... if you look into your heart , everything needed to be cancelled , poker night , Xmas (with max 6) shopping etc ...

cryptoadam

Banned

So what happened to the Nightingale? What about all summer they didnt build field hospitals et al?

Also dealt with first bullshittery. Went to Walmart to look at a PC with a friend and every section aside from food and pharmacy was closed off.

Saw pics of it but first time I experienced it IRL.

sinnergy

So what happened to the Nightingale? What about all summer they didnt build field hospitals et al?

Also dealt with first bullshittery. Went to Walmart to look at a PC with a friend and every section aside from food and pharmacy was closed off.

I think this 🤡 they ran around like 🤡😑

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Here are some headlines from previous winters. The flu always pushes things due to years of Tory underfunding. As to what we were doing in the summer - that's anyone's guess.

xQBu6YI.jpg
KXymED8.jpg

cryptoadam

Banned
Here are some headlines from previous winters. The flu always pushes things due to years of Tory underfunding. As to what we were doing in the summer - that's anyone's guess.

xQBu6YI.jpg
KXymED8.jpg

Yup I have seen those before. NHS is always in trouble.

Just find this more amusing and ironic since they had all summer to prepare for this. And from what I read the Nightengale was never used in the first place and then it was torn down.

Government being caught with its pants down so now it wants to blame the people and using fear mongering. Its like if you went to a store and they ran out of rice and the manager came down and blamed you for them not having rice. Hey there is an Asian festival going on its your fault you can't buy rice, not my fault as the manager for not ordering more rice knowing about this Asian festival.

They should have prepared for this got extra beds, extra space, extra hospitals etc...

sinnergy

Just find this more amusing and ironic since they had all summer to prepare for this. And from what I read the Nightengale was never used in the first place and then it was torn down.

Government being caught with its pants down so now it wants to blame the people and using fear mongering. Its like if you went to a store and they ran out of rice and the manager came down and blamed you for them not having rice. Hey there is an Asian festival going on its your fault you can't buy rice, not my fault as the manager for not ordering more rice knowing about this Asian festival.

They should have prepared for this got extra beds, extra space, extra hospitals etc...
But no workers .. empty buildings .. there is a chronic sparsity for health care workers .. so how would this be fixed within 11 months and with empty buildings? well not empty but with covid patients but with no one to care for them ... maybe the can care for each other ..

That would come under number 15 in the chart below...Western Governments seem to be using quite a few of these methods. But this is definitely about peoples health and well being no doubt about it.

XOc4LzK.jpg
5whY7zS.jpg

cryptoadam

Banned
But no workers .. empty buildings .. there is a chronic sparsity for health care workers .. so how would this be fixed within 11 months and with empty buildings? well not empty but with covid patients but with no one to care for them ... maybe the can care for each other ..

My friend became an orderly working at a hospital within 11 months. Was actually fast tracked because of COVID and only reason she is full time and with contract is because of this.

So its possible to train more people.

Not saying there wouldn't be challenges, but its coming off as spilled milk here since everyone and their mother was fear mongering over the 2nd wave but now they are caught with their pants down.

It was only the Americas (except Canada) that had COVID issues, the rest of the world had it beat. Therefore there was no need to do anything, it was done and was never coming back. If only Trump had listened to the scientists the entire world would be COVID free right now.

sinnergy

My friend became an orderly working at a hospital within 11 months. Was actually fast tracked because of COVID and only reason she is full time and with contract is because of this.

So its possible to train more people.

Not saying there wouldn't be challenges, but its coming off as spilled milk here since everyone and their mother was fear mongering over the 2nd wave but now they are caught with their pants down.
Sure, orderly I could see, but it's a global problem, ICU workers are even more sparse .. and that's what lot's of people need.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Not to be a ass, but yeah .. what you now see is what you get with no hard lockdowns, to much letting the virus circulate. That's why China has recovered after 12 weeks and we here in Europe and other western countries are in a world of hurt. Their economy even recovered fast( like I reported on months ago if you do a hard lockdown)

It's known that these type of viruses mutate very fast.. one of our world renowned scientists Ab Osterhaus did experiments with animal based viruses in the 90's and warned the Dutch government, instead they shut down this work, as it was seen as dangerous .. ignorance is a bliss, right?
He said in the 90's don't let this virus jump to lots of hosts ..

He was in talk shows, preaching this months ago, even the host interrupted him with idiotic questions and laughing about it all, now he was on a show 1 week ago, everyone listened .. they started to understand the situation .. to bad it only took a year :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Now we are in and out of lock downs, costing us millions ..

#wuhanlockdownftw .. to bad it's to late.

🤡

Last edited:

Jezbollah

Clearly the new varient of Covid is causing serious spread in the community. And that hospitals are full.

However two things clearly have to be highlighted here. Per million, the UK is leading the world in the amount of testing. And the amount of deaths are not trending in the same way as the amount of cases, even considering the four week lag.

I think this new varient is impacting those of lower age groups, who are more able to recover. the bigger question here will be the return to school after the Christmas break.

sinnergy

Clearly the new varient of Covid is causing serious spread in the community. And that hospitals are full.

However two things clearly have to be highlighted here. Per million, the UK is leading the world in the amount of testing. And the amount of deaths are not trending in the same way as the amount of cases, even considering the four week lag.

I think this new varient is impacting those of lower age groups, who are more able to recover. the bigger question here will be the return to school after the Christmas break.
If they are smart they keep schools closed . Here in Netherlands they found this variant being more transmitted but also made kids more sick .. numbers are here also to high and hospitals are stopping taking in patients.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Indeed, today’s numbers are absolutely fascinating for many reasons.

50,000 was the SAGE committee doomsday scenario wildly dismissed in October as overly alarmist.

Scenario 1 - NHS will collapse as warned in the October scenarios.

Scenario 2 - NHS copes and we learn that the coping capacity is higher.

Also the assumption is that tests catch only 20-50% of actual infections so actually 100,000 - 500,000 people are getting infected daily.

With an R of 1.1 - 1.3 each of these will infect a further 110,000 - 650,000 people who will infect a further 121,000 - 845,000 people.

UK population is 63M. At current rate covid will burn through 85% of the population in 110 days.

So if Scenario 2 holds, NHS can cope, going full Manaus with the current rate, UK will reach herd immunity on 18 April with no vaccination.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Indeed, today’s numbers are absolutely fascinating for many reasons.

50,000 was the SAGE committee doomsday scenario wildly dismissed in October as overly alarmist.

Scenario 1 - NHS will collapse as warned in the October scenarios.

Scenario 2 - NHS copes and we learn that the coping capacity is higher.

Also the assumption is that tests catch only 20-50% of actual infections so actually 100,000 - 500,000 people are getting infected daily.

With an R of 1.1 - 1.3 each of these will infect a further 110,000 - 650,000 people who will infect a further 121,000 - 845,000 people.

UK population is 63M. At current rate covid will burn through 85% of the population in 110 days.

So if Scenario 2 holds, NHS can cope, going full Manaus with the current rate, UK will reach herd immunity on 18 April with no vaccination.
And deaths sky high ..

Joe T.

If they are smart they keep schools closed . Here in Netherlands they found this variant being more transmitted but also made kids more sick .. numbers are here also to high and hospitals are stopping taking in patients.

That variant that makes kids more sick goes by another name: the flu.

Clown world.

Chittagong

Gold Member
And deaths sky high ..

Maths suggest 1,500 deaths a day in UK in 2-3 weeks from now if there is a direct infection/death parallel to March-April.

It may look quite different, however, if the infected are young and less likely to die. In such case we will be seeing 500-700 deaths per day in 2-3 weeks, or even less if vulnerable are vaccinated.

Bookmark this post and let’s see in a couple of weeks which one happened.

Jezbollah

Maths suggest 1,500 deaths a day in UK in 2-3 weeks from now if there is a direct infection/death parallel to March-April.

It may look quite different, however, if the infected are young and less likely to die. In such case we will be seeing 500-700 deaths per day in 2-3 weeks, or even less if vulnerable are vaccinated.

Bookmark this post and let’s see in a couple of weeks which one happened.

I just saw this data from London.

While the amount of patients admitted to hospital is the same level of the peak earlier in the year, the amount on ventilators are still lower by a margin

This may be down to us better understanding how to tackle this virus, but it could also indicate the lethality of the new varient.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Uh oh, new covid variant arrives in the US.

This “UK mutant discovered in X” is going to be such non news in a week or two. The mutant seems to date back to September in Italy, it has been doing rounds around the globe ever since and only ever became the “UK mutant” because UK sequencing are the only one who seem to have their shit together

cryptoadam

Banned
This “UK mutant discovered in X” is going to be such non news in a week or two. The mutant seems to date back to September in Italy, it has been doing rounds around the globe ever since and only ever became the “UK mutant” because UK sequencing are the only one who seem to have their shit together

Ya its probably everywhere by now.

WE had in Canada as well and same story the people never travelled either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom