• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEMA CAMPS WHEN?? InfoWars must be so happy.

well CNN had this

I think Trump just has to call for it if there is a spike anywhere they can show force and effort and lockdowns

Last edited:

Military officials at Travis Air Force Base declare ‘public health emergency’
Military officials at Travis Air Force Base in Northern California declared a “public health emergency” Monday because of a “possible public health situation involving novel coronavirus 2019,” according to an email sent out by the military.
The email does not describe the health situation, but says it “requires immediate action.” It says a public health emergency officer may “close base facilities, restrict movement or implement quarantine for at risk individuals” at the base near Sacramento. The declaration also aids coordination with the surrounding Solano County.
The U.S. State Department evacuated nearly 180 Americans from Wuhan, China — the epicenter of the covid-19 outbreak — to Travis on Feb. 5, where they remained in quarantine until their release. Later, dozens of passengers from the Diamond Princess cruise ship, where more than 700 people became infected after they were quarantined in Yokohama harbor, were quarantined there. They were set to be released Monday.

OTHER PLACESCasesDeathsNotesLinks
South Korea4,3352834 serious, 17 critical, 26 recoveredSource
Italy2,03652140 serious, 149 recoveredSource
Diamond Princess705636 serious, 10 recoveredSource
Iran1,50166291 recoveredSource
Japan274619 serious, 32 recoveredSource
Singapore10806 critical, 78 recoveredSource
Hong Kong10024 critical, 2 serious, 36 recoveredSource
Germany15002 critical, 16 recoveredSource
United States9222 serious, 6 critical, 9 recoveredSource
France17837 serious, 12 recoveredSource
Spain12005 critical, 2 recoveredSource
Kuwait560Source
Thailand4311 serious, 30 recoveredSource
Taiwan4015 recoveredSource
Bahrain490Source
Malaysia29022 recoveredSource
Australia30115 recoveredSource
United Kingdom4008 recoveredSource
UAE2102 serious, 5 recoveredSource
Vietnam16016 recoveredSource
Canada2403 recoveredSource
Sweden140Source
Macau1006 recoveredSource
Iraq260Source
Israel100Source
Oman602 recoveredSource
Philippines312 recoveredSource
India503 recoveredSource
Finland601 recoveredSource
Russia302 recoveredSource
Nepal101 recoveredSource
Cambodia101 recoveredSource
Sri Lanka101 recoveredSource
Belgium801 recoveredSource
Egypt201 recoveredSource
Lebanon100Source
Afghanistan10Source
Austria180Source
Croatia80Source
Switzerland240Source
Algeria30Source
Brazil20Source
Greece70Source
Pakistan40Source
North Macedonia10Source
Georgia30Source
Norway250Source
Romania30Source
Denmark40Source
Estonia10Source
Netherlands1801 criticalSource
San Marino811 seriousSource
Nigeria10Source
Lithuania10Source
New Zealand10Source
Belarus1*0Source
Mexico50Source
Azerbaijan30Source
Iceland30Source
Monaco10Source
Qatar70Source
Ecuador601 criticalSource
Luxembourg10Source
Ireland10Source
Czech Republic30Source
Dominican Republic10Source
Armenia10Source
Indonesia20Source
Andorra10Source
Portugal20Source
Jordan10Source
Tunisia10Source
Saudi Arabia10Source
Senegal10Source
Latvia10Source
TOTAL10,229170286 serious/critical

No Iran's recovered numbers are true honest
they die faster and recover faster in Iran

Last edited:
Normal influenza doesn’t doesn’t threaten the populace of the entire world. Therefore economies aren’t sent into recessions as the result.

This virus IS a threat to the world - hence the reason we’re seeing these economic forecasts. This is unprecedented in recent history. No virus has ever had such an impact that the world’s supply chain has been impacted, but that’s a very real possibility now.
I think it's the other way around.
The stock markets are going down because everybody is acting insane and succumbs to hysteria instead of staying calm.
With all of the cases we had here in Germany, nothing really serious happened.
A 59 year old doctor who got infected said he feels like he has symptoms of a mild cold, and that's it.
For most healthy people, this doesn't pose any threat at all.

Siri

Banned
I think it's the other way around.
The stock markets are going down because everybody is acting insane and succumbs to hysteria instead of staying calm.
With all of the cases we had here in Germany, nothing really serious happened.
A 59 year old doctor who got infected said he feels like he has symptoms of a mild cold, and that's it.
For most healthy people, this doesn't pose any threat at all.

What don’t you understand about containment?

Italy is going into lockdown for a reason - because contrary to what you believe this virus is not fucking normal. The World Health Organization has just admitted they’ve never before seen a respiratory pathogen capable of community transmission.

This isn’t just some bullshit that people are making up in their heads. The fatality estimates, if this becomes a pandemic, are fucking obscene. And if you have elderly family members you love then it’s even more worrisome.

giphy.gif

Breakage

Coronavirus: just eight out of 1,600 doctors in poll say NHS is ready

But those in power continue to insist that the NHS is well prepared.

It's gonna be interesting to see how hard the UK gets hit. Number of positive cases is now up to 40 last time I checked.

Coronavirus: just eight out of 1,600 doctors in poll say NHS is ready

But those in power continue to insist that the NHS is well prepared.

It's gonna be interesting to see how hard the UK gets hit. Number of positive cases is now up to 40 last time I checked.
Yep, I dont believe nhs is prepared for a rise in cases, and I reckon most of the public dont believe they are prepared either.

But then I also believe that if places start getting closed e.g. schools I can see plenty of people taking their kids out to play places etc. If my kids school shutdown, we'll be staying home, as school closures will be for a reason.

jts

...hate me...
I spend my daytime getting convinced that this virus isn't so bad, only to get that feeling crushed when I read this thread at night lol

It's draining a lot of my mental energy daily if nothing else.

Not to quote my own post but what does the Travis AFB public health threat declaration mean? Today was the day that all those quarantined people were being released and sent to SFO and Sac International to fly home....

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The WHO-Director Dr. Tedros said that in the recent WHO Livestream. At the 4:15 mark I believe

Err, watch that again.

"We have never seen before a respiratory pathogen that's capable of community transmission but the same time can also be contained with the right measures. If this was an influenza epidemic, we would have expected to see widespread community transmission across the globe by now, and efforts to slow it down or contain it would not be feasible. But containment of COVID19 is feasible and must remain the top priority for all countries. With early aggressive measures, countries can stop transmission and save lives"

cryptoadam

Banned
My boss stayed home because of a bad cold.

I think many people don't know the difference between a cold and a flu.

Welp 14 days off work might be a thing....

Siri

Banned
Where the hell did you see this? Almost all respiratory pathogens are capable of community spread... including MERS, SARS, Flu... etc.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
.....who was already in the hospital which suggests his body was compromised to begin with. Why leave that bit out and focus only on his age?

The wording is not clear.

"The patient was a man in his 40's who had been hospitalized at Evergreen in Kirkland."

Could mean: He was hospitalized there because he was sick with COVID-19, and he died there.

OR

Could mean: He was already hospitalized for [redacted] and caught COVID-19 while hospitalized and died from it.

Without more details we can't be sure which they mean. So the only concrete details available are his age, which is the point of the tweet/post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom