• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

The patient is a New Zealand citizen in her 30s who recently returned to Auckland from northern Italy, the statement said. She does not require hospital level care and is currently under self-isolation at home.

Almost everyone has a case now. Those who don't maybe just don't know yet...

You might be right about that still we need Govs to comfirm cases. Turkey is the one's I am most curious about they border Iran and surrounded on all sides by places with cases. Not sure what magic they are using.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

The agency said in a statement Tuesday that its Public Health Laboratory tested two positive cases of COVID-19, a man in his 60s and a female in her 30s who have both recently traveled to countries with widespread transmission.

The HCA is following up with all individuals who have had close contact with the people who have tested positive to inform them they may be at risk of infection, according to the statement. The agency will be monitoring close contacts for symptoms, but said that those who have had casual contact with confirmed cases (such as being in the same grocery store or movie theater) are at minimal risk of developing infection.

It would be nice to see more of this, I wish more outlets would report the bolded parts instead of shutting down whole schools just because Timmy's mom knew a guy that caught it. That is what the WHO wants right now is containment I guess but how long can they keep this stuff up?

Jtibh

Banned
041edky.png

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
While Jtibh stews in his own ignorance ad infinitum, here are the deaths broken down by age;

5e583c47fee23d4cf4755b27
One thing people dont realize when they see this chart is that they need to compare Coronavirus age to Flu age. The flu has a similar curve killing older people. The flu likely kills .0001 of young people.

China is controlling the narrative about the virus. Two bloggers who lived in China for many years explain what is going on behind China's propaganda machine. Be warned, there is a lot of profanity in their video:

seen it, I already posted all the ADVChina on here but that was one of the saltiest dudes were upset

should have just filmed themselves on the bikes in Mexico they are not going to win this round China has been kicking their asses for years
I feel for them but they have to know by now China can't be fucked with

Last edited:

Rbk_3

and shocking but not shocking

The two cases in Ontario are a woman in her 70s with travel history to Egypt and a man in his 50s who returned from Iran on Feb. 25.

The case in British Columbia is a man in his 50s who also recently returned to Canada from Iran.

Blackface man enough is enough end flights from IRAN. (and egypt too)

The WHO actually recommends against closing borders to infected countries. This is because Canada would lose track of who makes it into the country from there. For example, if I were from Italy and needed to get to Canada, and the borders were closed, I would just book a flight to France or some other non-blocked country and then fly to Canada from there.

This is one of the major reasons why Italy is now infected. They lost track of the virus after blocking its borders to some Asian countries.

Sakura

The WHO actually recommends against closing borders to infected countries. This is because Canada would lose track of who makes it into the country from there. For example, if I were from Italy and needed to get to Canada, and the borders were closed, I would just book a flight to France or some other non-blocked country and then fly to Canada from there.

This is one of the major reasons why Italy is now infected. They lost track of the virus after blocking its borders to some Asian countries.
If everyone closed borders to Italy though, you wouldn't be able to do that.
They could also up their screening process. For example, if France still has open borders with Italy, check where passengers have been prior, maybe screen people who have Italian passports, etc. You wouldn't be able to get everyone, but it would still reduce the number of people getting in.
As it is, I don't believe Canada really has track of anybody. Even if they did, so what? 100 guys show up with the disease, but they are still asymptomatic. By the time they show symptoms (assuming they all do) they've already possibly infected tons more. It's a game of catch-up you can't win.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

In practical terms, what does being able to track the point of origin of the virus do? See how it evolves/mutates as it travels the globe?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Today I went to the grocery store to shop and....

Everything was normal.

Where y'all live where there's empty shelves from people stocking up?

ExpandKong

Banned

Everything was normal.

Probably close to confirmed cases I reckon.

Shelves weren’t empty yet at my local grocery store today but there were signs up saying that they’re limiting amounts of bottled water people can buy at once. Also hand sanitizer at every register (for use).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Everything was normal.

Bigger places like Costco are sheer pandemonium in the Seattle area. I heard from my dad (and he's a crazy prepper type) that there were over 100 people waiting this morning before his local Costco location opened so they could claim the new shipment of toilet paper that had just arrived.

Siri

Banned
What’s the deal with all this ‘folks’ shit? Is this how Americans actually talk?

”Hey, folks! 21 people in the Seattle area have tested positive for coronavirus. But, great news, of the 21 only 9 have died so far. So no need to worry! Unless you’re elderly, of course. In which case you’re basically fucked. Have a nice day, folks!”

Last edited:

Kazza

China is controlling the narrative about the virus. Two bloggers who lived in China for many years explain what is going on behind China's propaganda machine. Be warned, there is a lot of profanity in their video:

I really wouldn't pay too much attention to those two guys. I doubt that a couple of ex-English teachers who happened to live in China for a few years (but don't any longer) would have much to offer in terms of insight on what's happening in China in 2020.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Probably close to confirmed cases I reckon.

Shelves weren’t empty yet at my local grocery store today but there were signs up saying that they’re limiting amounts of bottled water people can buy at once. Also hand sanitizer at every register (for use).
Yeah there's no cases in my city or state, yet. But surrounding states there are.

my brother, about a 20 minute drive from me, (fraser valley BC) just told me the apartment next to his that shares a parkade, had emt's show up in full hazmat suits and took some one away on a gurney, while the fire department blocked off a wide area to prevent anyone getting close..

Now we dont know for sure yet.. but hard to think of any other reason for the extreme caution.

I stocked up on foods and essentials today and will probably get more tomorrow. Working in an office i tend to catch everything that goes around so ive just accepted that its an inevitability at this point.

betrayal

Banned
As the numbers develop, it is quite possible that in the coming weeks and months there will be countries with a very high number of cases and there will be countries that have been able to largely stop the spread of the virus and whose case numbers will be very low throughout.

At the moment, it even looks as if Italy will get the cases under control. The numbers of new infections are trending downwards. If Italy can do it, then at least in Europe every country should be able to do the same.

Who knows, maybe in 4-8 weeks we will see a world in which many countries have coped well with the virus and countries like the USA and Iran are struggling very hard with it and have high death rates. I think countries that fail to contain it will start to do everything they can to protect the most vulnerable people (nursing homes etc.). This would significantly reduce the death rate for the most affected countries.

As the numbers develop, it is quite possible that in the coming weeks and months there will be countries with a very high number of cases and there will be countries that have been able to largely stop the spread of the virus and whose case numbers will be very low throughout.

At the moment, it even looks as if Italy will get the cases under control. The numbers of new infections are trending downwards. If Italy can do it, then at least in Europe every country should be able to do the same.

Who knows, maybe in 4-8 weeks we will see a world in which many countries have coped well with the virus and countries like the USA and Iran are struggling very hard with it and have high death rates. I think countries that fail to contain it will start to do everything they can to protect the most vulnerable people (nursing homes etc.). This would significantly reduce the death rate for the most affected countries.

I honestly don't see the media focusing on this that long unly we have a huge spike of deaths. Even BNO hardly updates new countries showing first cases anymore.

Things my not slow down but source to get the data will narrow. It will help people calm down and this will just become a fact of life maybe.

Jtibh

Banned
India has dozens confirmed cases out of the blue.
If they have a full blown break out the economy will be fucked for the whole year world wide.

Naru

India has dozens confirmed cases out of the blue.
If they have a full blown break out the economy will be fucked for the whole year world wide.
Huh, I didn't hear anything about India so far. Where did you read this?

sinnergy

The most hygienic countries will have it best , in Europe those are imo : The Netherlands, Germany, Scandinavia, Denmark, Austria and Switzerland. The rest is pretty filthy. And countries that have no sub-way system.

noobs they don't use fog machines? pfft

edit: dude took the same train I take into Grand Central NYC need to take that train some time this week

fog machine that shit yo

Last edited:

autoduelist

This is the type of contradiction that leads me to believe that health care officials, when they tell us not to worry, are full of shit.

Two people in all of New York have coronavirus, and one of them is in critical condition? I thought the death rate was around 3%?

Sorry, but that doesn’t add up. Bad luck, I guess.

Bullshit.

At 3%, with 2 patients, that's 3% twice. Even if 1 of the two dies, that's comparable to hitting a 1 or 2 outter in hold 'em. Unlikely but certainly possible.

But we are talking critical condition, not death, which is more like 10-20%, twice. So, i mean, that's like flopping an open ended straight and hitting one of your 8 outs on the turn or river.

In other words... it's not particularly shocking that in 2 cases, one is serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom