• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
DY_nasty said:
naw, Harbingers are headshot bait. Sniper rifles lay them down with the utmost quickness.

We were talking about the big armored bullet sponge... you'll know him when you see him.

Oooooh. Are you talking about the YMIR bigass battle mechs? The one that
lays out the quarian crew that Tali is with on the second mission?

That's almost the same.
Miranda > Overload like a fiend
Jacob > Let him go buckwild
You (soldier in my case) > adrenaline rush > disruptor ammo > repeated sniper headshots to the red eye camera face area.

Arde5643

Ok dudes, since cloaking + sniping feels close to a death-orgy, what's better between these two:

cloak + shotgun or cloak + AR?

Help me out here!

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Is there any way to figure out which email address your EA account is linked to? I'm trying to add my gamertag to a newly created account but it says it's already in use...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
corrosivefrost said:
Oooooh. Are you talking about the YMIR bigass battle mechs? The one that
lays out the quarian crew that Tali is with on the second mission?

That's almost the same.
Miranda > Overload like a fiend
Jacob > Let him go buckwild
You (soldier in my case) > adrenaline rush > disruptor ammo > repeated sniper headshots to the red eye camera face area.
No.

Its a collector boss... you'll know him when you see him. :D

Solo

Finally recruited my first team member, Mordin, and am now off to get Archangel. Man, I really fucking love Omega. The art style fucking rocks, and Afterlife is awesome. Really loving Mordin's character so far.

careful

K.Jack said:
How do I know I have Normandy Crash Site? it's downloaded, but it's not in my Journal.

Is it that I'm not far enough into the game?
Same question for me. If I already started a game, do I still have access to the DLC, or will it only apply to new games from the moment of installation?

There should be an FAQ about these DLC shenanigans in the OP.

Inferno313 said:
Repost because I didn't get an answer.

I think they level up different. Did you recently change your squad members?
Cause sometimes my Shepard would level up, but if I had been using Miranda and Grunt, then switched to Miranda and Garrus, People wouldn't level up at the same time... I stopped keeping track.

Deadly

Arde5643 said:
Ok dudes, since cloaking + sniping feels close to a death-orgy, what's better between these two:

Help me out here!
Err doesn't cloaking only come with infiltrator? They don't use either shotgun or AR.

DY_nasty

Arde5643 said:

Help me out here!
Infiltrator Sniping is a death-orgy. BUT GET THAT NEW SNIPER RIFLE. Its f'n amazing. F'n Amazing.

Or the shotty, cuz real gangstas pack the shotty.
Coin Return said:
Is there any way to figure out which email address your EA account is linked to? I'm trying to add my gamertag to a newly created account but it says it's already in use...
Instead of going to EA, try going to masseffect.com or bioware.com and working from there. I found it easier to navigate and they pulled up my account from my gamer tag without a hitch.
Deadly said:
Err doesn't cloaking only come with infiltrator? They don't use either shotgun or AR.
At a certain point in the game, you'll be given the option of gaining a new weapon proficiency OR an awesome weapon in your existing proficiency. For example, Infiltrator's get the option of gaining shotguns or ARs - OR they can pick up the Widow, the sniper rifle forged by the devil himself.

Arde5643

Deadly said:
Every class gets one research point they can use to get a new weapon skill, right?

I wanna know if I should use it for SG or AR for my bestfiltrator?

DY_nasty

corrosivefrost said:
The final boss?

I'm just mostly blanking here... that's the only Collector boss I can think of.
You haven't played too far into the game have you? I wasn't trying to spoil anything but he's the boss that you fight at
The colony thats in the process of being collected

DY_nasty

Arde5643 said:
Every class gets one research point they can use to get a new weapon skill, right?

I wanna know if I should use it for SG or AR for my bestfiltrator?
The Widow lays people down. Like, on another level...

Deadly

DY_nasty said:
Infiltrator Sniping is a death-orgy. BUT GET THAT NEW SNIPER RIFLE. Its f'n amazing. F'n Amazing.
At a certain point in the game, you'll be given the option of gaining a new weapon proficiency OR an awesome weapon in your existing proficiency. For example, Infiltrator's get the option of gaining shotguns or ARs - OR they can pick up the Widow, the sniper rifle forged by the devil himself.
Ohhh yeah just remembered that. I didn't even care about the other proficiencies I went straight to the sniper and indeed it is GODLY.

DY_nasty

Deadly said:
Ohhh yeah just remembered that. I didn't even care about the other proficiencies I went straight to the sniper and indeed it is GODLY.
GODLY

And sniper rounds penetrate too. Line em up.

Should I start an infiltrator on hardcore before the new game+? I always played on normal in ME1 before the new game+ and thought veteran was too easy when you reach level 50.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Shawsie64 said:
Loving it so far, not far in though..

Quick question.. when do I get the vehicle to explore planets?
Next week when it gets added to the Cerberus Network.

Probably old news by now.... Dr.Pepper stuff is up:

20100128-rqyibyqu4fhp2hg4sbc6rchj3s.jpg

Question:

How do you get more credits to buy stuff? Just missions? It seems like getting credits takes forever, and thats after I got my 100k bonus for importing a level 60 char from ME1.

Also, resources....Do the only thing they take part in is upgrades? It'd be nice to sell some of 'em to a market or something...

So dissappointed in the lack of RPG elements, loot, and separate ability points. Still a great game, but they turned up the action, why couldn't they keep the RPG intact?

careksims

Oh man about Tali's sidequest. I loved her in the 1st game. Love her even more in this one. The VA really put out for this one. I felt so sad for her! And then Shep hugged her. Oh man - Tali fandom breakdown there.

Shep+Garrus+Tali = BBFs! Now only if we can Wrex somehow.

Game's not perfect but, oh man, the stories in this.... :D

DY_nasty said:
You haven't played too far into the game have you? I wasn't trying to spoil anything but he's the boss that you fight at
The colony thats in the process of being collected

I've finished the game and have started a new game plus -- you're definitely talking about Horizon, which I believe kicks off shortly after you acquire the third person from the dossiers -- this is where I'm currently at in new game plus. The last thing I recall there (and it's where I'm stuck now, thanks Insanity) is the open arena area
where you have to deal with a huge number of husks, various forms of collector soldiers, and those damnable scion bastards that look like the The Hunchback of Notre Dame and the Hulk tag teamed on of the blue cat people from Avatar... on the first playthrough this fight was met with us turning on the guns and a conversation with ashley -- they blew the fuck out of the collector ship as it escaped.. if I remember correctly... but I don't remember combat after that open area where the husks keep rushing me while the scions just rape everything because my AI partners are stupid.

:(

Coin Return

Loose Slot
DY_nasty said:
Instead of going to EA, try going to masseffect.com or bioware.com and working from there. I found it easier to navigate and they pulled up my account from my gamer tag without a hitch.
Bah, nothing. I must have made an account years back, because none of my current email addresses are linked to my GT. This sucks. :(

Mr Killemgood said:
Question:

How do you get more credits to buy stuff? Just missions? It seems like getting credits takes forever, and thats after I got my 100k bonus for importing a level 60 char from ME1.

Also, resources....Do the only thing they take part in is upgrades? It'd be nice to sell some of 'em to a market or something...

You nailed it on both counts, as far as I know.
I ended up wanting one more upgrade from Illium, but I spent unwisely, and ran about 9000 credits short... with no real sidequests left to do. :(

And the resources are pretty much all for upgrades as far as I know... I wish you could even trade one for another... I have like 80k palladium and irridium and I need platinum... and I can't ever get enough. :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Coin Return said:
Bah, nothing. I must have made an account years back, because none of my current email addresses are linked to my GT. This sucks. :(
Try sending an email to EA Support or give them a call.

DY_nasty

corrosivefrost said:
I've finished the game and have started a new game plus -- you're definitely talking about Horizon, which I believe kicks off shortly after you acquire the third person from the dossiers -- this is where I'm currently at in new game plus. The last thing I recall there (and it's where I'm stuck now, thanks Insanity) is the open arena area
where you have to deal with a huge number of husks, various forms of collector soldiers, and those damnable scion bastards that look like the The Hunchback of Notre Dame and the Hulk tag teamed on of the blue cat people from Avatar
:lol

Something like that. Its not a Scion, those don't have barriers. Its a lot bigger and has a barrier too.

Edit: Once more, I fucking hate husks now.

Zeliard

Killthee said:
Next week when it gets added to the Cerberus Network.

It seems impossible to me that they'll just add the vehicle by itself as DLC. There is absolutely nowhere to really use it in the game as it is right now, unless you're really dying to drive around small, linear, debris-filled environments (these are great for a cover-based shooter, but not very practical when you need to drive around). There's no way that thing isn't coming with more missions, unless they're attempting to make the most useless piece of DLC since horse armor.

Solo said:
Finally recruited my first team member, Mordin, and am now off to get Archangel. Man, I really fucking love Omega. The art style fucking rocks, and Afterlife is awesome. Really loving Mordin's character so far.

Whoever does Mordin's voice acting is fucking exceptional. The way he delivers it, it actually has an alien quality to it. His dialogue is written very well, too. Tons of short, quick, direct statements that all combine to create some detailed insight.

Mordin's voice acting and dialogue fit that bit of Mass Effect lore so well (that Salarians have a very hyperactive metabolism and are able to process thoughts far more quickly than other races). And the voice actor does what he does without making it sound gimmicky, as it could have in a lot of other hands. Good shit.

I find it somewhat amusing, and a bit sad, that the worst major voice actor in the game is the guy who voices male Shepard. I'm using "worst" relatively, there. When he's acting against guys like Mordin, Garrus, or Jacob, who are all tremendously voice acted, he just sounds fake and emotionless. Just reading the lines off. He has his moments, though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
At what point are my import level bonuses supposed to come in?

I've just finished the opening act where you meet Jacob and Mirander, etc, but I only just went up to level 2. I thought level 60 imports were starting at 5?

DY_nasty said:
:lol

Something like that. Its not a Scion, those don't have barriers. Its a lot bigger and has a barrier too.

Edit: Once more, I fucking hate husks now.

Anything husk related with glowing blue means RAPE. :(

EatChildren said:
At what point are my import level bonuses supposed to come in?

I've just finished the opening act where you meet Jacob and Mirander, etc, but I only just went up to level 2. I thought level 60 imports were starting at 5?

They kick in when you wake up off the slab during the attack on that facility... there should be a bunch of popups about <10000 credits added> <150 paragon points added> <you have reached level 2> blah blah blah.

DY_nasty

Najaf said:
So, two discs: Install both? Install one? Don't install? (to HD on 360)
I only installed disc 2 and it still cut load times a great a deal.

Zeliard

corrosivefrost said:
They kick in when you wake up off the slab during the attack on that facility... there should be a bunch of popups about <10000 credits added> <150 paragon points added> <you have reached level 2> blah blah blah.

Buncha cheaters.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
painey said:
I really wish the paragon/renegade options in coversation were not 100% guaranteed to give you a good result.. as a paragon if I choose a blue option I know it will fix the problem.. if i've got two guys pointing guns at each other, i'd like to pick a paragon option and it turn out that they both die anyway because it was the wrong tact to use.

Thats too complex for ME. Blue words heal all wounds.

Najaf said:
So, two discs: Install both? Install one? Don't install? (to HD on 360)

Install both if you can. I have a 20 gigger, so I only installed the first disc. I've been playing off disc 2 for the past while since I haven't had a good time to stop, delete the first disc and install the second and the load times aren't noticeably different. It's just good to install to save your system the wear and tear and extra heat generated by running off disc.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
soldat7 said:
I have yet to hear anything memorable. As a HUGE fan of ME1's soundtrack, ME2's is disappointing thus far.

Yes. Despite having a theme for each character, only the Illusive man and Mordin's stand out. All off the rest blend together. They sound nice, but they certainly arent memorable and they mostly fail to provide an audio backdrop to the character or place. Club Afterlife has the best theme and I dont even believe its part of the original soundtrack.

ChoklitReign said:
Should I start an infiltrator on hardcore before the new game+? I always played on normal in ME1 before the new game+ and thought veteran was too easy when you reach level 50.
Quoting since it was last on the page.

HK-47 said:
Thats too complex for ME. Blue words heal all wounds.

"It's not a good/evil meter at all! It's like, whether you follow the rules or you're a loose cannon."

*defies law to do something good, is given Paragon points*
*does evil things in the name of the law, is given Renegade points*
*says something in red text that's just a slightly more blunt version of the neutral dialog, given Renegade points*
*says something in blue text, etc., etc., magically changes person's mind with a statement that isn't any more persuasive than a neutral option*

"No, seriously! It's not good and evil!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom