• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ChoklitReign said:
Quoting since it was last on the page.
Go ahead.

The ME2 is more difficult than ME1 anyways. Infiltrator played right makes the game easier anyways...

Zeliard

HK-47 said:
Yes. But I stopped since I decided I wanted a ME1 save cause I cant play ME2 without some Wrex and Turian council member.

I know exactly what you mean.

... Udina. My god, Bioware.

The original Citadel Council was a lot of fun. I loved getting into it with them.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Himuro said:
[] awesome
[] decent
[V] just tolerable
[] borderline horrible
[] fuck this
Hmm, Steam Forums, read and follow post #3:
dr.reanimator said:
Switching the CPU affinity from 2 cores to 1 then back to 2, every time you run the game will fix the load times from a couple of minutes to under 20 secs.
I'm currently defragging (holy crap was I fragmented), so I can't test yet. I hope it works.

LOL @ the encounter with the drunk Volus on Illium before you are about to fight the eclipse leader...

volus: "I AM A BIOTIC GOD!"
Shepard: "you need help"
volus: "YOU NEED HELP!"

:lol

best encounter yet

Zeliard said:
Whoever does Mordin's voice acting is fucking exceptional. The way he delivers it, it actually has an alien quality to it. His dialogue is written very well, too. Tons of short, quick, direct statements that all combine to create some detailed insight.

Mordin's voice acting and dialogue fit that bit of Mass Effect lore so well (that Salarians have a very hyperactive metabolism and are able to process thoughts far more quickly than other races). And the voice actor does what he does without making it sound gimmicky, as it could have in a lot of other hands. Good shit.

I find it somewhat amusing, and a bit sad, that the worst major voice actor in the game is the guy who voices male Shepard. I'm using "worst" relatively, there. When he's acting against guys like Mordin, Garrus, or Jacob, who are all tremendously voice acted, he just sounds fake and emotionless. Just reading the lines off. He has his moments, though.

yea man, love mordin. Voice acting is top notch and his character was just written so well to be so likeable...favorite character in the game so far. He better be in the third

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Zeliard said:
I know exactly what you mean.

... Udina. My god, Bioware.

The original Citadel Council was a lot of fun. I loved getting into it with them.
Do the original citadel council even appear in the game? even if you saved them in the original ME.

For the people who say you can't make a good female Shepard:

2qvxo9y.png

Later i'll post what she looks like imported into ME2.

If there's any way to tell you how I made her, i'll gladly show you.

K.Jack

Holy shit it works!

I just moved between decks in under ten seconds. F9 reloaded in 15 to 20.

Edit: find the MassEffect2 process under Task Manager, right click and choose Set Affinity. Click one of the cores on then off.

Lafiel said:
Do the original citadel council even appear in the game? even if you saved them in the original ME.

yea, and they are still fuckin assholes even though you saved them...they really piss me off

I NEED SCISSORS said:
For the people who say you can't make a good female Shepard:

cool, but wtf is up with her mouth man

kuYuri

Look at that, ATI driver 10.1 just came out today. Wonder if I should update.

I should try defragging too, sometimes my loadtimes get kind of long and other times they are short.

Cruceh

Banned
Is there anyway to get the third sniper rifle for Adept? I can only use the Viper I think, while Legion has the Widow. :\ Do I have to be Soldier to be able to use it?

DY_nasty

Cruceh said:
Is there anyway to get the third sniper rifle for Adept? I can only use the Viper I think, while Legion has the Widow. :\ Do I have to be Soldier to be able to use it?
Or infiltrator.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
corrosivefrost said:
They kick in when you wake up off the slab during the attack on that facility... there should be a bunch of popups about <10000 credits added> <150 paragon points added> <you have reached level 2> blah blah blah.

Oh awesome. So despite my save being detected, my level and stats showing up correctly, and characters recognising what I've done for them, I got not a single import bonus.

Plus the game crashed 5 minutes into the gameplay.

Good start.

Swag

What factors affect the outcome of the finale? I've gotten all the weapons for the Normandy / loyalty missions done, just doing side stuff now but theirs so many plants to scan it's getting boring.

Can't seem to find any side stuff.

K.Jack

I think I'll start over. The minute+ loads have left such a drag on my current game, I need a fresh start.

Swag

Probing mini game is so boring, so many planets to scan. I must've scanned at least 11 and not gotten a single anomaly yet.

Swag

Himuro said:
Probing is awful. What were they thinking? It's really the only game design issue I have at this point. Seriously.

It really wouldn't have been so bad if there weren't so many planets to scan with no indication of whether it's just resources or actually a side mission

Zeliard

Sebulon3k said:
It really wouldn't have been so bad if there weren't so many planets to scan with no indication of whether it's just resources or actually a side mission

This X a million.

Probably my single biggest beef with the game.

Kraut

I like probing the planets, but I will admit that it is usually tedious.
Scanner upgrade
speeds it up, though.

DY_nasty

You don't need to waste even a single probe on a planet to see if there's an anomaly or side mission there. EDI will let you know the second you bring up the planet view. Zoom in, see if EDI notifies you, mine it or move on. When you back out of the planet view, the planet name will show on the system map and the overall explored % of the system will increase.

Zeliard

Sebulon3k said:
I just got one upon planet entry.

Zeliard have you finished the game?

Nope, I'm taking my sweet ass time with it. :p I always do with games like this.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Ive scanned every single planet to date .. took fucking FOREVER>

Were any decent amount of those hidden side missions, or not that many?

Himuro said:
Probing is awful. What were they thinking? It's really the only game design issue I have at this point. Seriously.

That and the fuel/travel are my only two complaints. So basically, everything that has to do with the galaxy map interface. What was wrong with the old way? Single button scan, move a cursor around. It worked!

Einbroch

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Speaking of planets - how many are there this time? Are you able to land on more of them? Do the ones from ME1 return in addition to the new ones?
Can't land on any planet except for the ones with side missions or main missions.

As for a number? There are slightly less than the amount of planets in ME1.

I cannot stress enough that if you love the games and the universe you really owe it to yourself to check out the novels. Its by the same writer as the games (and he also did KOTOR and Jade Empire) so you know its going to be of the same quality. I'm reading Redemption right now and really enjoying it. I think everything is enhanced by me already seeing the ME Universe (planets, technology, species) realized in the games. I can visualize everything thats going on in the book in my head.

Einbroch

Banned
DY_nasty said:
You don't need to waste even a single probe on a planet to see if there's an anomaly or side mission there. EDI will let you know the second you bring up the planet view. Zoom in, see if EDI notifies you, mine it or move on. When you back out of the planet view, the planet name will show on the system map and the overall explored % of the system will increase.
This. If you guys went in and thoroughly scanned every planet look for side missions, you fail. :lol

Took like 15 minutes to find every side mission.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Cruceh said:

Yes, later you get the option for a new weapon.

I like probing....mining....whatever it's called. It's funny how RPGs seem to make the most boring things fun for me.

Anyway, I seriously need to know where extra Heavy Ammo can be found/bought as well as new weapons/armor. I've searched the Citadel and found nothing but endorsements.

Zeliard

Einbroch said:
This. If you guys went in and thoroughly scanned every planet look for side missions, you fail. :lol

I didn't do that (I just scan planets on the way to a mission planet), but every single planet I have orbited so far has given me no indication of an anomaly. And I've gone to quite a few of them to scan for resources. So I assume those side missions must be fairly scarce.

DY_nasty said:
Yeah? How about collecting minerals so I can upgrade my ship properly?

Phaethon0017 said:
I like probing....mining....whatever it's called. It's funny how RPGs seem to make the most boring things fun for me.

Anyway, I seriously need to know where extra Heavy Ammo can be found/bought as well as new weapons/armor. I've searched the Citadel and found nothing but endorsements.
You can't.

Einbroch

Banned
Zeliard said:
I didn't do that (I just scan planets on the way to a mission planet), but every single planet I have orbited so far has given me no indication of an anomaly. And I've gone to quite a few of them to scan for resources. So I assume those side missions must be fairly scarce.
They are. I haven't unlocked all the nebulae yet, but I've only come across four so far.

DY_nasty

Zeliard said:
Don't forget that each cluster has a number of systems in it all together. Just cruising around Omega's adjacent systems netted me a side mission.

Swag

Zeliard said:
Hey Sebulon, what planet did you just land on that gave you a side mission? I just want to go directly to one. :lol

Lorek in the Fathar section of the Omega Nebula, mission was really short though.

DY_nasty

DevelopmentArrested said:
Yeah? How about collecting minerals so I can upgrade my ship properly?

You can't.
Get the scanner upgrade from Miranda/Mordin. Only hit Rich planets and mine until the planet is depleted.

And you can't but weapons, but you can buy armor.

TheFreshPrince

Is it ever possible to not recruit someone? Just got
Grunt aboard the ship...and I'm wondering if I can really not 'awaken' him
or if I must recruit everyone to my team??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom