• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't had time to start the game, but did the xbox marketplace stuff that was put up before release end up working? i got all that downloaded and am curious if i'll have access to it when i get to start.

Xevren

dark_preacher said:
haven't had time to start the game, but did the xbox marketplace stuff that was put up before release end up working? i got all that downloaded and am curious if i'll have access to it when i get to start.

Yeah, it works.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lostconfused said:
I dunno, the asari that used to run with Wrex? That's the only other asari character which might matter that I can think of.

Whoa.

My mind was just blown.

Hmmm...

I always wonder if I'm missing a weapon or an upgrade while running around. It especially sucks because you can't go back to most specific areas after you've done them.

At the end of my first playthrough, I only had
2 Heavy Pistols
2 SMGs
2 Snipers (plus the unique one for a squad mate)
2 Assault Rifles (plus the LMG for my soldier, where you could have picked a sniper or Shotgun)
5 Heavies (counting Zaeed's mission one)
2 Shotguns. (+ the unique one for Grunt)

If I recall correctly, according to the Christina Norman, there are supposed to be 19 "unique" weapons that you can potentially use, not counting DLC stuff like the Singularity or Incisor rifle....which I don't have.

Anyone have anything more? I can't remember where I got them specifically, I know most were from squad "pickup" missions.

HK-47 said:
Damn you, not cryptic enough

This is why Wrex should have been in this game.

That was Aleena, not Aria. Unless you are suggesting she changed her name, but what is there to indicate that she is the same person?

Cep

Banned
Basileus777 said:
That was Aleena, not Aria. Unless you are suggesting she changed her name, but what is there to indicate that she is the same person?

That is exactly what is being suggested.

I do not completely buy it, but it sort of works.

Also: If Tali is not in ME3, heads will fucking ROLL(though truth be told, I think that our ME3 quarian will most likely be Kal'Reeger)

X26

Banned
Yea I'm not a fan of how weapons were incorporated in this one compared to the first game

I do like the mix/match customization aspect of armor, though

Metroidvania said:
Whoa.

My mind was just blown.

Hmmm...

I always wonder if I'm missing a weapon or an upgrade while running around. It especially sucks because you can't go back to most specific areas after you've done them.

At the end of my first playthrough, I only had
2 Heavy Pistols
2 SMGs
2 Snipers (plus the unique one for a squad mate)
2 Assault Rifles (plus the LMG for my soldier, where you could have picked a sniper or Shotgun)
5 Heavies (counting Zaeed's mission one)
2 Shotguns. (+ the unique one for Grunt)

If I recall correctly, according to the Christina Norman, there are supposed to be 19 "unique" weapons that you can potentially use, not counting DLC stuff like the Singularity or Incisor rifle....which I don't have.

Anyone have anything more? I can't remember where I got them specifically, I know most were from squad "pickup" missions.

I'm not done yet (30ish hours, one loyalty quest left,
haven't done IFF yet
, but I have 7 Heavy Weapons including the Singularity gun.

Grenade Launcher
Avalanche
Collector Particle Beam
Missile Launcher
Cain
Firestorm
Blackstorm Singularity Projector

Can't remember where I got most of them, though.

Gor@n

Neo Member
Any idea when the Hammerhead DLC will come out? DOn't know if i should hold off for the extra missions included or just play through??

Cep said:
I really thought she was a good idea that was not all too well handled. Not bad, but iffy.

But I would not fight anyone that says she is good. Grunt/Miranda/Jacob/Samara/Zaeed are a whole different matter.

The reason I started liking her character is because I basically made an alternate character on ME1 that is pretty much exactly like her. A a super crazy renegade female biotec chick. (never got around to finishing the game with that character though)

So that made me kind of like the character....but the delivery of her lines and some of the lines she deliver has won me over. She is like the female Sawyer from Lost minus the "Son of a bitch"

In fact...playing this game...sometimes I get a "Lost-esque" feel. I guess because of the loyalty missions and the focus on the characters.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
dark_preacher said:
It works, but only DLC authorized to your Social account shows up in the main menu. Anything that's not authorized, but downloaded on your HDD, doesn't appear there but its still available in game.

Ilive1up said:
Any idea when more DLC will be released? I've heard things about the "hammerhead" and being able to explore planets with it.
Hammerhead is supposedly coming next week.

ve9nkk.jpg

It'll probably include a mission that requires the vehicle.

Cep

Banned
If you count the special ones, that makes 19:

3 SG
3 SR
2 HP
3 AR
6 HW
2 SMG

= 19

+ 1 SR
+ 1 HW
+ 1 AR

I am disappointed, I understand the need for unique weapons and not actual loot, but each class should have had at least 5 weapons and each squaddie a unique weapon.

Cep said:

3 SG
3 SR
2 HP
3 AR
6 HW
2 SMG

= 19

+ 1 SR
+ 1 HW
+ 1 AR
There's 4 assault rifles - avenger, battle rifle, light machine gun, and geth pulse rifle. So 20 weapons + the bonus ones.

MechaX

Lostconfused said:
Beat the game, everyone is alive. This wasn't even a suicide mission, more like a walk in the park, a very slow walk mind you but still. I really did expect some one to bite it or have some random drama, but noooooo everyone had to live.

Really? I've been hearing that some people got their teams fucked up the ass in the final mission. But I guess that's dependent on the player.

Cep

Banned
Basileus777 said:
There's 4 assault rifles - avenger, battle rifle, light machine gun, and geth pulse rifle. So 20 weapons + the bonus ones.

It is possible that Zaeed's does not count as a main game weapon

Either that, or the Squad weapons do not count and we are missing one weapon.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
a Master Ninja said:
Do I have all the content possible? Does that iPhone game give you something?
http://i49.tinypic.com/2ynqvzn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You're missing the Incisor Sniper Rifle that comes with the purchase of the Digital Deluxe Edition/the Marketplace fuckup a couple of nights ago.

ME Galaxy gives you extra Miranda/Jacob dialogue options in Omega.

Alright so I thought when you scanned planets and it said depleted that meant there was nothing else to scan off that planet. Well I'm on Utha and it says depleted and yet I'm still scanning stuff. Is there a way to tell if the planet your scanning is absolutely emtpy of resources?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
careksims said:
Just wow
Just played Joker. That was very intense and awesome! Kicks so much ass
Wow...

Shit shit shit!

Cep

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Alright so I thought when you scanned planets and it said depleted that meant there was nothing else to scan off that planet. Well I'm on Utha and it says depleted and yet I'm still scanning stuff. Is there a way to tell if the planet your scanning is absolutely emtpy of resources?

No, but it is best to move on after you real poor

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Basileus777 said:

That is first person I thought of.

slasher_thrasher21 said:

Only way to be sure is to pin cushion the sucker until you can't place a probe anymore!

Seriously, though, who knows?

Swag

slasher_thrasher21 said:

I think when they say it's depleted, it's pretty much the game trying to tell you to move on and that anything else you may find on the planet isn't as much as what you would find on another planet.

I used it as a decent indicator for when I was done scanning a planet.

Sebulon3k said:
I think when they say it's depleted, it's pretty much the game trying to tell you to move on and that anything else you may find on the planet isn't as much as what you would find on another planet.

I used it as a decent indicator for when I was done scanning a planet.

Yeah thats probably what I'm going to do. Also was it ever determined that you can just stumble upon anomalies when scanning?

Metroidvania

Cep said:

3 SG

There's 3 submachine guns?

I got the 2nd one doing Tali's recruitment quest, where do you get the other one?

I've also read that some weapons are only available on Hardcore or Insanity difficulties, so that might be it.

Swag

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Yeah thats probably what I'm going to do. Also was it ever determined that you can just stumble upon anomalies when scanning?

EDI will always mention when there's an anomaly on a planet the moment you select it

deim0s

a Master Ninja said:
Do I have all the content possible? Does that iPhone game give you something?
2ynqvzn.jpg

Bah. Dr. Pepper, we don't have that around here.

I hope they sell the Inferno and Dr. P DLCs sometime in the future. (of course... update the current DLC armors to have removable helmets.)

Cep

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:

When you come across a planet with anomalies, you will know. You need the star charts from Illium to get to most of them though.

Also, is any else really impressed that they handle Legion so well?

I am surprised that they did not attempt to make him 'interesting.'

Metroidvania said:

I got the 2nd one doing Tali's recruitment quest, where do you get the other one?

I've also read that some weapons are only available on Hardcore or Insanity difficulties, so that might be it.

I do not buy that, I have been playing on insane since the beginning and we share the same amount of weapons, sans the difference in AR and that one HW

Metroidvania said:

3 Shotguns. Submachine guns are abbreviated SMG.

Lol I'm so pathetic. I just ran to my grocery store and bought 3 Dr. Peppers just for the visors that I probably won't ever use. I don't even like Dr. Pepper. Oh well, I made a mixed drink (rum and dr. pepper) so it's not a complete waste.

Metroidvania said:

It's just the Geth Pulse Rifle. And having looked through the game files, I can confirm that there are no other weapons in the game.

Cep

Banned
chaoticprout said:
Major 3/4ths of the way through spoilers

Am I the only one who found the Joker sequence to be the worst part of the game?

Yes. It did not have the impact they wanted, and should have been longer and more involved, but it was still good.

Swag

chaoticprout said:

Am I the only one who found the Joker sequence to be the worst part of the game?

Yeah that scene seemed a bit odd for me, although seeing the
Collectors taking away the crew and not being able to do shit was so maddening
. I guess Bioware got the emotion they wanted from me for that scene.

birdman

Mordin conversation spoiler:

Mordin singing a variation of Modern Major General is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a video game ever.

Metroidvania

MegaKungFuRadio said:
3 Shotguns. Submachine guns are abbreviated SMG.

Doh. Was hoping there'd be another, better SMG for my adept, misread.

I do not buy that, I have been playing on insane since the beginning and we share the same amount of weapons, sans the difference in AR and that one HW

This is 3rd hand, (taken off the bioware forums), but someone said that you can get a Geth Pulse Rifle during Tali's recruitment quest only if you're playing hardcore. I played on normal, and only got one of the 10% bonus damage upgrades in that room right before you find her.

Oh, and yeah, I meant 7 heavy weps, forgot about the Avalanche and Cain since I never use them.

It's just the Geth Pulse Rifle. And having looked through the game files, I can confirm that there are no other weapons in the game.

:/

Cep

Banned
Basileus777 said:

I stand corrected.

I got that weapon, I cannot tell if it or the collector AR is the best.

I am thinking the Geth Pulse rifle though.

chaoticprout said:

Haven't gotten there yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if I felt the same way. So far the only three times I thought to myself "this is stupid" or "this is bad, why would anyone do this?" has been for scanning, map navigation, and playing missile command to kill monkeys.

Cep said:
I stand corrected.

I go with the Incisor Battle Rifle for its deadly accuracy. I like it way better than the Collectors' Rifle. I had to turn the difficulty up because things were dying in three pulses.

Cep

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:
Haven't gotten there yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if I felt the same way. So far the only three times I thought to myself "this is stupid" or "this is bad, why would anyone do this?" has been for scanning, map navigation, and playing missile command to kill monkeys.

Agreed, except for the map.

I actually like it.

Sebulon3k said:
Yeah that scene seemed a bit odd for me, although seeing the
Collectors taking away the crew and not being able to do shit was so maddening
. I guess Bioware got the emotion they wanted from me for that scene.

It just seemed bullshit, the entire party never goes out for missions, not to mention there was no "mission". Seemed way too forced.

Cep

Banned
chaoticprout said:
It just seemed bullshit, the entire party never goes out for missions, not to mention there was no "mission". Seemed way too forced.

It was, as soon as they all left, I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen.

Cep said:
I stand corrected.

The Geth Rifle is the best against shields and barriers, the battle rifle is the best against armor. I don't think the collector AR is all that good, it just has a ton of ammo.

Cep

Banned
Basileus777 said:
The Geth Rifle is the best against shields and barriers, the battle rifle is the best against armor. I don't think the collector AR is all that good, it just has a ton of ammo.

Well I have never used them myself since I only JUST Coalesce.ini my way to changing my bonus from SG to AR.

Good to know, I was not planning on using it, that damn thing is ugly.

JKTrix

Basileus777 said:

During the course of the dialogue tree where she mentions this, she mentions that she's been in many places with many names in many roles. Commando, mercenary etc... There were a few other clues in the conversation that I forgot and she doesn't come right out and say it, but she is definitely
the Asari that Wrex told his story about.
(<---spoiler kind of already mentioned, but hidden just in case)

Cep said:
Agreed, except for the map.

I actually like it.

I've cooled down on my distaste for the map. Still prefer the cursor like when jumping clusters, but I also get a tinge of enjoyment flying through stars. Still trying to figure out the exact design reasoning for fuel between solar systems.

Swag

chaoticprout said:

I can't remember where they were going either, my roommate distracted me right after the previous mission so I missed the reason they left. But yeah your right, silly decision to justify something in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom