• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

chespace said:
Anyone here playing on a PC with an ATI card? (4870x2 here).

How do you enable AA? I've tried doing it through CCC and it doesn't seem to apply? (8X Edge Detect).

Help?

untick the use application settings and set it the way you want. Rename the .exe (that should be in the binaries folder inside the main Mass Effect 2 folder where you installed it) to UT3.exe

you have to start the game using that so just make a shortcut. I hope this helps but if not its probably an issue with SLI? I remember seeing people post some problems with it but I'm sure if you search it in google you might find the fix for it.

DeadCell

Ok seriously, I've been stuck at the end of horizon for just over 4 and a half hours now.. I've died more than I can count, I can't take this shit for much longer. What the hell can I do? I'm an adept on insanity with Garrus loyal Zaeed.. I feel completely helpless..

Ventrue

DeadCell said:
Ok seriously, I've been stuck at the end of horizon for just over 4 and a half hours now.. I've died more than I can count, I can't take this shit for much longer. What the hell can I do? I'm an adept on insanity with Garrus loyal Zaeed.. I feel completely helpless..
This was really tough for me too. Which part of the fight is giving you trouble, the Scions?

My strategy was basically to hole my team up in a safe spot and then run around drawing fire and targeting abilities so my team doesn't get wiped out, ducking under cover when the Scions fire. There is a vehicle or something to your left as you enter the area, I just ordered my team up there and then ran around fighting.

If you're stuck on the later bits (the collectors), try taking your team over to the platform with stairs on either end on the left. Sometimes Husks spawn right on top of you but it's really good cover the rest of the time; hard to get flanked and it is easy to run out of there if things get too tough.

In general, use Warp to take down their Barriers one by one and then levitate them and light them up. On the Husks, hit the closest ones with Warp/Concussive Shot and heavy pistol/heavy weapon the ones left.

Dresden

Ventrue said:
This was really tough for me too. Which part of the fight is giving you trouble, the Scions?

My strategy was basically to hole my team up in a safe spot and then run around drawing fire and targeting abilities so my team doesn't get wiped out, ducking under cover when the Scions fire. There is a vehicle or something to your left as you enter the area, I just ordered my team up there and then ran around fighting.

If you're stuck on the later bits, try taking your team over to the platform with stairs on either end on the left. Sometimes Husks spawn right on top of you but it's really good cover the rest of the time; hard to get flanked and it is easy to run out of there if things get too tough.

Eh... I doubt that will work on Insanity, with an adept. Ducking out of cover will get him slaughtered. I've always just camped in the platform to the left side of the map, but I did this with an engineer and I'm not sure how you'd go on about doing it with an adept. Warp spam, I suppose? Garrus and Zaeed... so none of them can really help him with the Scions, either, and there's only so much heavy weapon ammo for the Collector Beam.

Nemesis_

The quest you get for completing Mass Effect Galaxy is pretty terrible. Then again I suppose that anything worth keeping available to only a select few was never destined for greatness.

DeadCell

It's at the very end, I've found a decent spot in the corner of the map to just spam warp.. But it takes forever, if one random husk or collector harbinger drops in on me I'm toast. Even if I do make it past them the boss that comes in afterwords just destroys me.. I've pretty much given up on it, at least for tonight... 5 straight hours of being raped by the collectors is enough for me to call it quits.

D23

DeadCell said:
It's at the very end, I've found a decent spot in the corner of the map to just spam warp.. But it takes forever, if one random husk or collector harbinger drops in on me I'm toast. Even if I do make it past them the boss that comes in afterwords just destroys me.. I've pretty much given up on it, at least for tonight... 5 straight hours of being raped by the collectors is enough for me to call it quits.

change the difficulty, its no longer fun if you keep dieing for 5 straight hours.

mYm|17|

DeadCell said:

There's a trick into killing a scion before triggering the husks and scions to come out and attack you.

If you're at the part I'm thinking of with the huge amount of husks and 2 scions, then here's what you do. When you die and it starts you back at the last save point, right in front of the gate, don't go forward and trigger the enemies to come after you. If you barely walk down the steps and to the right, you will see a scion peeking its head out. Keep spamming warp on him or whatever and you will eventually kill him.

What I did as a Vanguard after I killed the first scion was to run around while I let my guys take out the other scion and I killed the husks.

If you beat that wave of husks and scions, then go to the opposite side of where you started at the beginning of the save point and just sit behind cover. The guys will start spawning but won't come after you. The harbringers will just move back and forth, so just let your guys take care of his barrier or you can use warp I think.

Hope that helps

DeadCell

mYm|17| said:
There's a trick into killing a scion before triggering the husks and scions to come out and attack you.

If you're at the part I'm thinking of with the huge amount of husks and 2 scions, then here's what you do. When you die and it starts you back at the last save point, right in front of the gate, don't go forward and trigger the enemies to come after you. If you barely walk down the steps and to the right, you will see a scion peeking its head out. Keep spamming warp on him or whatever and you will eventually kill him.

What I did as a Vanguard after I killed the first scion was to run around while I let my guys take out the other scion and I killed the husks.

If you beat that wave of husks and scions, then go to the opposite side of where you started at the beginning of the save point and just sit behind cover. The guys will start spawning but won't come after you. The harbringers will just move back and forth, so just let your guys take care of his barrier or you can use warp I think.

Hope that helps
Thanks but I've already passed that section. I'm at the very end where I have to face the Praetorian boss. :p

I guess I'll just take a break and see if I can beat it tomorrow, i need to get some shut eye.. It's only 5:54 in the morning.

Man this game can really hook you for hours...

I tried creating a black character for my 2nd playthrough... Man what a disaster that was! At first it's funny, then it's kind of annoying. But then when he starts talking.. oh my...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Issue 2 of the comic is out. I hope they stay available for awhile. Rather than order each issue, I'll wait until all 5 are available and import the last 4 in one pack to save postage.

Won

DeadCell said:
Thanks but I've already passed that section. I'm at the very end where I have to face the Praetorian boss. :p

I guess I'll just take a break and see if I can beat it tomorrow, i need to get some shut eye.. It's only 5:54 in the morning.

Man this game can really hook you for hours...

Did the part yesterday with my engineer. Thought for a few minutes that it is impossible to beat since the thing ignores the drone. :(
Ended up running around the small plattform you can climp on with boxes for cover on the left site from the entrance. The boss only seems to attack you, so you can easily run around the structure and spam warp (in my case it was incinerate). Squadmembers I put into cover on the truck. They are out of range of that silly instant kill barrier thing and still be able to shoot it (most of the time). I also spammed their special abilities even if they were red/ineffective in that situation. (had Jack and Grunt with me)

The last Horizon bit was probably the hardest part on insanity so far, but 5 hours? I think i would have killed myself. :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Nemesis556 said:
The quest you get for completing Mass Effect Galaxy is pretty terrible. Then again I suppose that anything worth keeping available to only a select few was never destined for greatness.

You get a quest? which one?

Arjen

EatChildren said:
Issue 2 of the comic is out. I hope they stay available for awhile. Rather than order each issue, I'll wait until all 5 are available and import the last 4 in one pack to save postage.

Is there any way to read them online or something? I read the first one cause it came with my CE, but i have no idea where it the hell i would buy the second one here in Europe

Phoenix4

Atmosphere/Immersion is one of the most important aspects of a game for me (there are exceptions ofcourse). Damn does this game nail this. Only played for half an hour, but the opening moments before creating your character are great. Can't wait to play the rest :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Arjen said:
Is there any way to read them online or something? I read the first one cause it came with my CE, but i have no idea where it the hell i would buy the second one here in Europe

No idea. There's probably a way to buy them digitally or something.

Arjen

Ugh, i spent an hour mining yesterday so i could afford that scar-remove thingy.
Never again, next run is going to be full paragon.

neojubei

Arjen said:
Ugh, i spent an hour mining yesterday so i could afford that scar-remove thingy.
Never again, next run is going to be full paragon.

Not sure why anyone would bother, battle scars are sexy, well some of them.

TChirath

Neo Member
mYm|17| said:

Hope that helps

I'm also stuck at that exact part :( I can't find any spot to hold my ground and your suggested spot did not help (they just swarm me). I already used Cain on the part with 2 Scions and husks. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated.

Arjen

neojubei said:

I just couldn't stand it anymore man, everytime my lovely Femshep was flirting with Kelly, it looked like Magma was about to explode from her face.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Colkate said:
By locking on, I assume it means having the red square-ish targeting reticule over a target, then moving the camera away and using the projectile whilst still "targeting". Haven't been able to play the game for two days but thats how I remeber it working.

Yeah, that's basically it.

TChirath said:
I'm also stuck at that exact part :( I can't find any spot to hold my ground and your suggested spot did not help (they just swarm me). I already used Cain on the part with 2 Scions and husks. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tell your guys to hide on one of the covered areas and then just draw aggro. The AI will almost auto target you the moment they see you. After that, just hide behind cover and whittle the guys down slowly.

neojubei said:

Yeah but you see battle scars are sexy when they look like actual scars. This shit shepard have on his/her face arn't scars. It's like I dunno...magma like someone said. It dosn't look sexy at all. And truthfully looks tacky. They should be scabs and blood or something. I could even get with skin peeling to show a metallic epidermis.

Coxswain

The Lamonster said:
I think
Morinth is a more interesting character, but it's hard to justify taking her if you're concerned with Shepard being much of a good guy
. If you're talking about pure combat effectiveness, then it's a tossup. Reave and Dominate are both easily in the top 3 Loyalty Skills.

What I would do is to
save before you make the decision, then take Morinth, and make another save once you have her loyalty. Then reload, and take Samara, so you unlock both skills to use. You can do it the other way around, too, but it makes a lot of sense to unlock both skills, regardless of who you end up sticking with in the end.

Coxswain said:
I think
Morinth is a more interesting character, but it's hard to justify taking her if you're concerned with Shepard being much of a good guy
. If you're talking about pure combat effectiveness, then it's a tossup. Reave and Dominate are both easily in the top 3 Loyalty Skills.

What I would do is to
save before you make the decision, then take Morinth, and make another save once you have her loyalty. Then reload, and take Samara, so you unlock both skills to use. You can do it the other way around, too, but it makes a lot of sense to unlock both skills, regardless of who you end up sticking with in the end.
I'm actually Paragon all the way, so maybe I'll just stick with
Samara.

Speaking of Reave, what do you think is the best loyalty skill for a Soldier to use? I'm hearing a lot about Reave being the best but wanted to get some more opinions.

Doytch

Solo said:
It looks like someone blew a load of neon jizz on your face. Thats why you bother.
:lol :lol Yeah...maybe it looks less stupid on ManShep, but it was getting dumb on my FemShep. I checked out some videos on Youtube from the endgame and it looked downright comical.

bryehn

Nemesis556 said:

How does this work exactly? Does Galaxy give you a code at the end?

Nemesis556 said:
Collecting packages from Ilium and Citadel for Ish.

I did that already, never played Galaxy.

I'm still a ways off from completing my first playthrough, but I was still wondering what carries over in a NG+ with a continuing ME2 character.

Do the upgrades you've researched carry over? That's the big one for me because although I don't mind the scanning minigame now in moderation, having to go through it again (with the same character) is not my idea of a good time.

What about items you've purchased?

Wired

Well ME2 arrived today but I still haven't been able to trudge my way through ME1 for the endgame save file. I loved ME1 when I played through it on the 360 but replaying it on the PC (bought the PC version of ME2) has turned out to be incredibly tedious, I'm far less forgiving of its flaws this time around which has basically left me unmotivated to go through it again, fucking mako I'm looking at you.

A question, if I turn on cheats and blow though the game that way will the save still work for importing into ME2? That's the only way I see myself being able to go through it again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wired said:
Well ME2 arrived today but I still haven't been able to trudge my way through ME1 for the endgame save file. I loved ME1 when I played through it on the 360 but replaying it on the PC (bought the PC version of ME2) has turned out to be incredibly tedious, I'm far less forgiving of its flaws this time around which has basically left me unmotivated to go through it again, fucking mako I'm looking at you.

A question, if I turn on cheats and blow though the game that way will the save still work for importing into ME2? That's the only way I see myself being able to go through it again.

Just download a save game?

Coxswain

Wired said:
As long as you just use the console for your cheats, you can't really run into too much trouble. Or you could just download a save, if you get really sick of it.

neojubei said:
They look cool up to a point, but full-Renegade, no-Paragon Shepard just looks kind of stupid. My game wavered between being scarred enough to have the three red points of light in her eyes, and being about as scarred as you can get before that happens, and it was pretty cool looking, but once you get to the point where your eyes just constantly glow bright red they stop looking like scars and start looking like a bad Halloween costume.

dhbtyr.png

I'm actually holding off the rest of my loyalty missions and the suicide missions for her.

markatisu

EatChildren said:

Dark Horse just solicited the graphic novel for release after the last issue so even if you miss the single issues you can just buy the compilation

Nemesis_

bryehn said:
How does this work exactly? Does Galaxy give you a code at the end?

I did that already, never played Galaxy.

Really?

Either way, you enter your EA account details on the site and it uploads the "completion" status to your profile, so that when you use that EA account you receive the reward.

I'll take Jacob and Miranda around Omega and see what I can scout out. But Ish's involvement in Galaxy made me assume it was the bonus mission.

EatChildren

Revelations said:
dhbtyr.png

I'm actually holding off the rest of my loyalty missions and the suicide missions for her.

Where did that art come from? I've seen it around but whats the source?

neojubei

Solo said:
It looks like someone blew a load of neon jizz on your face. Thats why you bother.

I'm mostly Paragon so the scars don't look so bad.

Hope that Kasumi girl has a good loyalty mission.

I wish there was an area of the ship that you can play a mini game or something or even turn off the gravity and float around.

bryehn

Nemesis556 said:
Really?

Either way, you enter your EA account details on the site and it uploads the "completion" status to your profile, so that when you use that EA account you receive the reward.

I'll take Jacob and Miranda around Omega and see what I can scout out. But Ish's involvement in Galaxy made me assume it was the bonus mission.

Yeah, it was just two packages though, was it a series of more that you did?

squicken

Does anyone have the Collector Assault Rifle? How is it compared to the standard AR? Why are their no stats to look at? So annoying.

Started my second play through as Sentinel on Insanity mode. Female voice actor is so much better. Also the Tech armour is not doing it for me at the moment, wish I had picked up Barrier as a secondary ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom