• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Caspel said:
Who wants a Mass Effect N7 Shirt?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2301/lindy1.jpg

I have 9 left and I am giving them away on my publication's Twitter.

[URL="Http://www.twitter.com/gamezoneonline"]GameZone Twitter[/URL][/QUOTE]I'll take the girl too, hawt :)

Caspel said:

lindy1.jpg

GameZone Twitter

Do she come with it?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Caspel said:

lindy1.jpg

GameZone Twitter

I'm following, now how do I get my woman? I mean shirt?

iammeiam

Liara T'Soni said:
Yeah, I don't think they are trying to say that the Asari are using some sort of mind control to make themselves more attractive....that would be cool as hell and an interesting twist to canon though.

I can't remember where it started, but by the end of ME2 it seemed pretty clear the Asari know they
give off some kind of pheremone that makes them more attractive to other species
. It fits with the whole Space Stripper occupation in the maiden phase, gets vaguely referred to on Omega when
Aria explains that she had the Asari essentially seduce Patriarch's followers away
, and in side-conversations I think Mordin actually calls out the specific cause
when he thinks FemShep might be in to him and wants to explain his lack of interest. If you pick the "you get hit on?" option, he lists off a bunch of races, then adds that he does find the Asari attractive for some reason and says something about pheremones.

It also kind of nicely ties in with Samara's loyalty quest, since
Morinth says she's the genetic destiny of the Asari. She's a brain-stealing succubus, but if her entire race gets through its youth by using pheremones to ply sex to other species, she could be right. It's how Asari pass their maiden phase, and it makes sense that over time they're going to get a hell of a lot better at it.

Sort of starting to think ME2 was so light on the 'main' story because it's setting up a ton of choices in ME3 as to which races to sacrifice.

SlickVic

Weird. I thought I went to through all the
Kelly
options to make it look I was interested, didn't romance anyone, and never got to the dinner invite. Have no idea what I did wrong there.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
EatChildren said:
I'm following, now how do I get my woman? I mean shirt?

Once the twitter account passed 1300 members, I will be picking winners randomly by those who have retweeted any of my statuses. The more retweets, the better.

As for my colleague, you can have the shirt that she wore, scent included, but she doesn't come packaged in haha.

Samara

SlickVic said:
Weird. I thought I went to through all the
Kelly
options to make it look I was interested, didn't romance anyone, and never got to the dinner invite. Have no idea what I did wrong there.

You have to save her from the Collectors. Then continue the game I guess, because she is "unavailable during the mission

SlickVic

sweetwasabi said:
You have to save her from the Collectors. Then continue the game I guess, because she is "unavailable during the mission

Yeah
everyone survived at the end of the game for me. All I got from Kelly afterwards was a bit of dialogue on how scared she was and I chose the caring Paragon choice.
I don't know if it'll randomly activate after doing some side quests but I'm very surprised I didn't get the dinner option most people seem to get before the final mission.

REV 09

One odd thing about this game that usually i feel with sequels is that although it is significantly better than the original is most areas, since they are so different in others, it doesn't render the first game entirely obsolete. They're very similar yet very different games in the same universe and both are sufficiently awesome.

Caspel

for GAF members, send me a message on Twitter so I remember who you are and I'll give you an extra 5 entries into the giveaway.

Enosh

Caspel said:
Once the twitter account passed 1300 members, I will be picking winners randomly by those who have retweeted any of my statuses. The more retweets, the better.
retweeted most of the stuff I am interested in :lol (halo book, DA book, ME t-shirt)
won't retweet everything just to increase my chances of winning, kinda feels cheap

Caspel said:
for GAF members, send me a message on Twitter so I remember who you are and I'll give you an extra 5 entries into the giveaway.
how do you send PMs on twitter? o_O

I'd like one... but frankly, having seen that picture of how it can look, every time I passed a mirror wearing it I'd be disappointed. :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Caspel said:
As for my colleague, you can have the shirt that she wore, scent included, but she doesn't come packaged in haha.

I am okay with this.

Alucrid

Banned
Caspel said:

Wait, the real test is whether or not they come in small or mediums. I hate winning / getting shirts that are always large or x-large. :lol

So is the Blackstorm singularity gun DLC really as cool as it sounds? It's kinda making me sad that I didn't preorder the game and missed out on it. :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I already talked with you Caspel, but it looks like you're gonna make me get a Twitter account now because I want that shirt... :)

gregor7777 said:
No, this is completely wrong. :D

There are very few games for which this is true. Most games bought at retail cannot be downloaded from Steam. Mass Effect 1/2 unfortunately is not an exception.

Wait, the way you worded your bolded part is saying that I said that any retail PC game can be downloaded on Steam - I'm saying that if it's available on Steam, you can buy the retail version, enter the DVD/CD key in Steam and get it linked to your account there as well to be able to re-download it at will...

But if I'm wrong with Mass Effect 1/2 either way, then my bad...

Skilotonn said:
I already talked with you Caspel, but it looks like you're gonna make me get a Twitter account now because I want that shirt... :)

Wait, the way you worded your bolded part is saying that I said that any retail PC game can be downloaded on Steam - I'm saying that if it's available on Steam, you can buy the retail version, enter the DVD/CD key in Steam and get it linked to your account there as well to be able to re-download it at will...

Actually, that's also wrong. The list of non-Valve games that you can use your retail key to register your games on Steam is pretty short. ME1 and ME2 aren't on it.

Here's the list:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

Draft

Skilotonn said:

Only a few games support that. Off the top of my head: all Valve games, Dawn of War 2, FEAR 2, and I think that may actually be it. Other games can be associated with Steam, you can launch them through the Steam client, but they aren't Steam games and you can't download them from Steam, nor will Steam update them or patch them.

edit: Oh shit there's actually a ton of them.

Fio

Playing as male Shepard, is it possible to have a relationship with more than one member of your crew? Please, just say 'yes' or 'no', I'm trying to avoid any kind of spoilers, even the minor ones, but I'm intrigued by this.

Thanks.

LiK

Caspel said:

You see her at work everyday? Lucky :O

Btw, sent you a reply on Twitter

REV 09

Fio said:
Playing as male Shepard, is it possible to have a relationship with more than one member of your crew? Please, just say 'yes' or 'no', I'm trying to avoid any kind of spoilers, even the minor ones, but I'm intrigued by this.

Thanks.
No

WEGGLES

Just beat the game. Holy hell. It's awesome.

I can't understand the disappointment with the ending. It's a middle chapter. Now I'm SUPER jacked for 3... which better not fucking take 2 and a half years goddamnit!

Can Legion be boned?
:lol :lol :lol

I want to do another play thru of ME1 doin everything differently then importing it to ME2 do do everything differently... Some of the decisions made in either game would seemingly change the game quite a bit I imagine.

Also worth noting.
Mass Effect 1, Platinum Hits. Nice big full colour manual.
Mass Effect 2 Special Edition. Small 2 page black and white manual :{

I am dissapoint.

So, how does the NG+ work? Can you still end the game when you've decided to do side missions after the main quest?

I wonder how they'll incorporate the DLC in this.

Caspel

Skilotonn said:

Sent you a PM, follow up with me.

You see her at work everyday? Lucky :O

Btw, sent you a reply on Twitter

Yup, and she is going to be bringing in even "better looking" (her words) friends to model of shirts, so just wait ;) haha.

As for DMs, I usually have to be following you on Twitter so you can DM me. Just send a @GameZoneOnline message stating you are from GAF and I'll follow you.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
WEGGLES said:
Just beat the game. Holy hell. It's awesome.

I can't understand the disappointment with the ending. It's a middle chapter. Now I'm SUPER jacked for 3... which better not fucking take 2 and a half years goddamnit!

Can Legion be boned?
:lol :lol :lol

I'd love to know this.

WEGGLES said:
J
Also worth noting.
Mass Effect 1, Platinum Hits. Nice big full colour manual.
Mass Effect 2 Special Edition. Small 2 page black and white manual :{

I am dissapoint.

Same here.

Karram

Wouldn't it be awesome if
I could take the Varren I got from Tuchanka to The Normandy ? I know he's useless but I liked him for some reason

EatChildren

Caspel, what name are you on the Twitter so I can send you a message? I've never really used Twitter before so this is all a case of "what is this I dont even".

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Karram said:
Wouldn't it be awesome if
I could take the Varren I got from Tuchanka to The Normandy ? I know he's useless but I liked him for some reason

Yea that would be cute if possible.

Sent the reply on twitter.

LiK

Caspel said:
Sent you a PM, follow up with me.

Yup, and she is going to be bringing in even "better looking" (her words) friends to model of shirts, so just wait ;) haha.

As for DMs, I usually have to be following you on Twitter so you can DM me. Just send a @GameZoneOnline message stating you are from GAF and I'll follow you.
Dayam, I look forward to it but I like your collegue just fine ;)

follow me soon, I wanna DM you!

REV 09 said:
Not at a time. Not without breaking up with one.

I was romancing Jack and Miranda at the same time. I fucked Jack first and continued the romance with Miranda. I guess she didn't care all that much so I then fucked Miranda in Engineering.

Mindlog

Jamesfrom818 said:
I was romancing Jack and Miranda at the same time. I fucked Jack first and continued the romance with Miranda. I guess she didn't care all that much so I then fucked Miranda in Engineering.

I bet the Varren could smell it on you.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
CrookedRain said:
Actually, that's also wrong. The list of non-Valve games that you can use your retail key to register your games on Steam is pretty short. ME1 and ME2 aren't on it.

Here's the list:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

Draft said:
Only a few games support that. Off the top of my head: all Valve games, Dawn of War 2, FEAR 2, and I think that may actually be it. Other games can be associated with Steam, you can launch them through the Steam client, but they aren't Steam games and you can't download them from Steam, nor will Steam update them or patch them.

edit: Oh shit there's actually a ton of them.

Oh damn, my bad.

Ephemeris

Jamesfrom818 said:

Was
Jack
done in her living area or your room?

CrookedRain said:
So is the Blackstorm singularity gun DLC really as cool as it sounds? It's kinda making me sad that I didn't preorder the game and missed out on it. :(
Seemed to get buried in the last page. Is it any good?

EatChildren

CrookedRain said:
Seemed to get buried in the last page. Is it any good?

As in how functional is it? Its one of the best heavy weapons in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom