• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one playing the game with a character arc. ME1 I was Paragon and now after all the shit that has gone down I've decided that we need to do this Shepards way and I have gone a little renegade.

I feel like this game encourages you to be more Renegade. It's cool how it's less "evil" and mostly justified in most situations. I feel it's what he'd actually do.

Rubenov

Rabbit Lord said:
I'm a few hours in my paragon play through...ugh...paragon Shepard is such a pussy.

I wish they didn't have achievements / unlocked conversation options depending on your paragon or renegade level. It makes me, and I'm sure others, go either renegade or paragon all the way. Sometimes I feel like a baddas, sometimes I feel like being a nice guy. But these rewards make me OCD into being 100% one or another makes me choose always the same option, regardless of what I actually want to say.

It would be nice if your decision affected story outcomes, but the renegade/paragon counter thing didn't exist. That way I would feel more free to choose whatever conversation options I want to choose at the time.

CrookedRain said:
Pretty lame to make it a preorder bonus then. :(

The next time you're at GameStop, ask them if they happen to have any extra ME2 preorder DLC bonus codes. I went for it and they happened to have a drawer of some left, and he gave me one without hesitation. Nice guy. (specify PC or 360 because I almost made the mistake of getting the wrong one)

Edit: Goddamnit I keep double posting.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MisterAnderson said:
The next time you're at GameStop, ask them if they happen to have any extra ME2 preorder DLC bonus codes. I went for it and they happened to have a drawer of some left, and he gave me one without hesitation. Nice guy. (specify PC or 360 because I almost made the mistake of getting the wrong one)

Interesting. Everything except for the Cerberus Network, on my BioWare account, is available for both PC and Xbox360.

SlickVic

Is there a list up of all the Planets (and what Galaxy their in) that have side quests? I heard something about Shepard not having any dialog in some of these (or all of them?). That would be kinda weird.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SlickVic said:
Is there a list up of all the Planets (and what Galaxy their in) that have side quests? I heard something about Shepard not having any dialog in some of these (or all of them?). That would be kinda weird.

I dont think Shepard has dialogue in any of the N7 missions.

Silicon Knight said:
Once you complete the main quest, you are able to start a new game using your existing character. Once more DLC hits, you can either complete it with your NG+ or with the original game, as once you complete the main quest you can still do side quests afterwards.

It's really more simple than you're making it out to be.

Won

God, whoever designed these damn eye laser Praetorians deserves......I can't even think of something appropriate, but it needs to be god damn painful. -.-

any work around to get Anti-Aliasing working with steam version? want to beat this amazing game again and see what it would look like with it on.

Cep

Banned
Won said:
God, whoever designed these damn eye laser Praetorians deserves......I can't even think of something appropriate, but it needs to be god damn painful. -.-

I think they deserve some sort of reward.

Those fights are both hectic and awesome.

GhostRidah said:
any work around to get Anti-Aliasing working with steam version? want to beat this amazing game again and see what it would look like with it on.

I used nhancer with the 0000045 (or something like that) compatibility profile. Very well worth it, minimal hit to performance and huge leap in image quality.

LiK

Ledsen said:
I have the same bug (360), very annoying :/
I did not encounter this bug. He uses fortification in my game.

My only bug Is my journal didn't mark one of my Special Assignments even tho I completed it so it's there forever incomplete, lol

Can someone give me an idea how much has been spoiled for me?

I'm not even sure if this is true but I heard that
the geth npc that is traveling with you is actually Shepard and that Shepard, post-Normandy crash is actually a geth

So can anyone tell me how much that should ruin my fun? Is that the main reveal in the story? Is it even true?

LiK

sublime085 said:

the geth npc that is traveling with you is actually Shepard and that Shepard, post-Normandy crash is actually a geth

So can anyone tell me how much that should ruin my fun? Is that the main reveal in the story? Is it even true?
False

EatChildren

sublime085 said:

:lol false.

LiK said:
You are spoiled, stop reading this thread asap and finish the game first
I haven't actually read much of this thread at all, I'm just trying to figure out how much of the storyline revolves around that particular fact.

But I guess that would be even more spoilers.

Just beat it. Amazing experience. Did Miranda and Tali but I stayed with
Tali
. I skipped the credits by accident, does anything happen?

Cep

Banned
sublime085 said:

Nothing has been ruined for you.

careful

sublime085 said:

:lol

LiK

sublime085 said:
I haven't actually read much of this thread at all, I'm just trying to figure out how much of the storyline revolves around that particular fact.

But I guess that would be even more spoilers.
I was kidding, sorry

Cep

Banned
sublime085 said:
I'm so confused. But I guess that's a good thing

I guess I'll just play the game now. :lol

Yes. But if you want spoilers, I will give them to you.:

Both Miranda and The Illusive Man are in cahoots with the collectors. They will try to get you killed multiple times, I suggest you act first and ignore their advice.

Just finished my play through on normal. Awesome game, epic. One of the best experiences I had. It got a little stale at the end gameplay wise with my infiltrator. So, I kind of rushed through. My next play through will be on hardcore, and its either going to be with a sentinel or adept. Any suggestions?

Cep

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Cep is kidding about the spoiler part, but yes, ignore whatever "advice" Miranda likes to give you.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that.

I have gotten in trouble for jokes like that in the past...

Miranda:
In theory, any biotic could do it.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Chris R

Anyone know if there will be PC mods for this? Just read a few reviews and don't really understand why they took out most of the RPG elements :| That was one of my favorite parts of ME1. I also didn't mind the open world exploration portions with the MAKO, but hated the "corridor" MAKO parts of the main missions.

I mean I'll be buying this game for sure once I can get it for like 20$, just trying to decide on if I need to get the PC version to fix the issues I already have with the game or grin and bear it on the 360.

rhfb said:
Anyone know if there will be PC mods for this? Just read a few reviews and don't really understand why they took out most of the RPG elements :| That was one of my favorite parts of ME1. I also didn't mind the open world exploration portions with the MAKO, but hated the "corridor" MAKO parts of the main missions.

I mean I'll be buying this game for sure once I can get it for like 20$, just trying to decide on if I need to get the PC version to fix the issues I already have with the game or grin and bear it on the 360.

DLC of a Mako replacement (a hover tank called the Hammerhead) with presumably missions (hopefully exploration missions) to support it, is coming soon.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
finished the game.
is it common to not have anyone die in the last mission? guess i got lucky if not

nicely done bioware last two games i beat are DA and this. bring on the da expansion

kiun

Been playing a lot of ME2, so far its been awesome. As a fan of the Suikoden series, I enjoyed the team building and Normandy "expansion" aspect of the game. I hope they can expand this feature for ME3.

AstroLad said:
finished the game.
is it common to not have anyone die in the last mission? guess i got lucky if not

nicely done bioware last two games i beat are DA and this. bring on the da expansion

Nah, if you make the right choices your squad should survive assuming everyone is loyal. There is a small chance though I guess even with all the right choices the game might decide someone needs to die.

54-46!

Why do I feel like a cheated the game when I
didn't pick any of my favourite characters for the assignments during final mission?
:lol

EatChildren

EmCeeGramr said:
DLC of a Mako replacement (a hover tank called the Hammerhead) with presumably missions (hopefully exploration missions) to support it, is coming soon.

I really hope the Hammerhead aspect will be exploration based, but I'm convinced it wont be. The high pace action visceral focus of ME2 leads me to believe that the Hammerhead missions will probably have a strong focus on combat.

Cep

Banned
EatChildren said:
I really hope the Hammerhead aspect will be exploration based, but I'm convinced it wont be. The high pace action visceral focus of ME2 leads me to believe that the Hammerhead missions will probably have a strong focus on combat.

I have a simple question then: What is the point?

Not that i thought Mako exploration was good mind you, but still...

EatChildren

Cep said:
I have a simple question then: What is the point?

Not that i thought Mako exploration was good mind you, but still...

Gameplay variety? Offer some big, loud battles against heavier enemies like Geth Colossus, Thresher Maws, etc. Tiny bit of exploration, but ultimately similar to stuff like the various Mako runs on the main missions in Mass Effect.

I really hope I'm wrong though. It just seems like way too much work for the Hammerhead to be free DLC and offer substantional exploration. To be honest I dont even know how they're going to put it in.

Its funny wandering the Normandy and seeing where the new character and Hammerhead will go. There's an empty vehicle spot in the cargo bay, and there's an unused observation deck.

DarkKyo

So like.. without spoiling anything, would you guys recommend I get the Multicore Shielding in the ship enhancement upgrades? I feel like I will need/want it for the final battles...

Weenerz

Banned
I think I screwed up, I didn't see an option to choose between
Samara and Mordinrh
Did I click too fast or something?

Weenerz said:
I think I screwed up, I didn't see an option to choose between
Samara and Mordinrh
Did I click too fast or something?

Were you able to Paragon or Renegade your way through the entire conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom