• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cep

Banned
Weenerz said:
I think I screwed up, I didn't see an option to choose between
Samara and Mordinrh
Did I click too fast or something?

You need to Paragon/Renegade your way through.

Dechaios said:
So like.. without spoiling anything, would you guys recommend I get the Multicore Shielding in the ship enhancement upgrades? I feel like I will need/want it for the final battles...

Get all ship upgrades.

Mindlog

Won said:
God, whoever designed these damn eye laser Praetorians deserves......I can't even think of something appropriate, but it needs to be god damn painful. -.-

:lol

On insane I've had the most fun when it's single hard hitting opponents. I just hate when I get rushed as soon as a fight starts. When it's too quick to put my allies into cover. I have to be able to take down shields in one volley so I can reave/hack.

I never thought before the game launch that I'd have more fun with cloak than with charge. I'm quite thankful I decided to save my infiltrator for an insanity run and play with a vanguard on normal. I took down the
thresher maw
(famous Mass Effect Mako enemy) more easily with my Infiltrator on Insane than I did with my Vanguard. It's partly familiarity with the game, but mostly because of cloak + M-98 Widow.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dechaios said:
So like.. without spoiling anything, would you guys recommend I get the Multicore Shielding in the ship enhancement upgrades? I feel like I will need/want it for the final battles...

The whole mission is about preparing for the battle. That doesn't just mean your people.

DarkKyo

EatChildren said:
The whole mission is about preparing for the battle. That doesn't just mean your people.
I suppose that's a pretty good point. In that case I really want to see the battle with and without all upgrades. :lol

Dechaios said:
Let me put it to you this way...

...for each upgrade you fail to do, a squad member dies during the final mission. Seriously.

Do you want that?

Dechaios said:
Not sure if I want that, as I'm avoiding spoilers so I'm not looking at your spoiler text lol
Suit yourself, it's not that much of a spoiler and it's as perfect as a response to your question as I can give.

Why did you ask in the first place when you don't want to know the answer?

edgefusion

Dechaios said:
Not sure if I want that, as I'm avoiding spoilers so I'm not looking at your spoiler text lol

The answer is yes, yes you really do want it. You will regret not buying it by the end of the game if you don't.

Jinjo

54-46! said:
Why do I feel like a cheated the game when I
didn't pick any of my favourite characters for the assignments during final mission?
:lol

I didn't pick any of them for the assignments too. Except for maybe Garrus for leading the fire team. Because who else would you in your right mind pick other than the guy who was with you from the beginning? My favourite party members were right along side me though. Kicking collector and reaper ass.

kai3345 said:
Got a Dr. Pepper Code here but I can't get it to work, some bs about my gamertag already being linked to a different EA account

So I'm putting it up for trade

PM me with offers

No XBL Gold please

Dude...

Silicon Knight said:
Let me put it to you this way...

...for each upgrade you fail to do, a squad member dies during the final mission. Seriously.

Do you want that?

Does this include the Medical bay? I like my scars.

So I just discovered the gaming nirvana bliss that is Insanity mode. Those who recommended Infiltrator class to me earlier, I salute you, as it is a really well-balanced class for the harder difficulties. I just had some awesome encounters during "The Professor" recruitment scenario. Of course it could get so ridiculously hard later and I'll never finish it, but here's hoping for that Insanity achievement.

Zeliard

EatChildren said:
Gameplay variety? Offer some big, loud battles against heavier enemies like Geth Colossus, Thresher Maws, etc. Tiny bit of exploration, but ultimately similar to stuff like the various Mako runs on the main missions in Mass Effect.

I really hope I'm wrong though. It just seems like way too much work for the Hammerhead to be free DLC and offer substantional exploration. To be honest I dont even know how they're going to put it in.

I still am wondering about that. Even adding new entire missions in new locations (and against bigger enemies) would be a pretty big undertaking by free DLC standards these days.

But they also can't add the Hammerhead to the game as-is, because there'd be nowhere to use it.

fernoca

kai3345 said:
Got a Dr. Pepper Code here but I can't get it to work, some bs about my gamertag already being linked to a different EA account

So I'm putting it up for trade

PM me with offers

No XBL Gold please
Yeah..the "dude" response was because a link was posted already to get free/multiuse/once per email... Dr. Pepper codes to get the Mass Effect things (along everything)..

EDIT:
Beaten.. :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
kai3345 said:

The Dr. Pepper codes can easily be aquired for free, as has been posted two or three times in this thread. Nobody in their right mind is trading you squat.

soldat7

EatChildren said:
The Dr. Pepper codes can easily be aquired for free, as has been posted two or three times in this thread. Nobody in their right mind is trading you squat.

Would you kindly enlighten the rest of us?

EatChildren

soldat7 said:
Would you kindly enlighten the rest of us?

Absolutely;

Been salivating over the Dr. Pepper codes but don't have the cash to buy your own bottles? Do you hate the drink and do not want to buy it just for free DLC? Do you live in the United Kingdom and aren't even eligible for this DLC? Well, I'm here to solve all your problems! Below are four Dr. Pepper codes and instructions on how to use them!

All four codes are re-usable, which means that everyone on these forums can get in on this free DLC!

The codes are:

CBEEAAA41NWH

CBEEAAAE4L9N

CBEEAAAFQG9J

CBEEAAAE98ZV

You only need one to get all the DLC, however. Now…

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Visit the Dr. Pepper website and sign three accounts up. You can put a fake email for all three, as the website doesn't verify the accounts. You will also input a fake city, state, and phone number as well. IMPORTANT! If you live outside the US, you can still get this DLC! Just put random numbers for the zip, a random city and state, and boom! No sweat! Put fake info in all three accounts.

2) Input the code.

3) It will say to click to pick your prize. Make sure that you have an EA and BioWare account, and that the two are linked together. I'm not going to go into detail on how to do this, however. Just Google it.

4) When you click on the Select Prize button, pick Mass Effect 2, and then whichever DLC you want. Be sure to pick a different one for all three accounts.

5) It will say that it has been redeemed, then link you to BioWare's website for final verification. Sign in there, and you'll see your new item sitting there waiting for you!

I hope you guys enjoyed this guide, and I hope you get good use out of the DLC. Thanks for reading!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm sure this question has been asked, but I can't find it.

I just finished a play through (360) of ME2 with my import Fem Shepard. I now want to play through as a male Shepard, but I don't have a save from ME1 of a male.

Are there any bonuses from this? What exactly can I pick as my "choices" from the first game?

JudgeN

I finished it today, took about 35 hours did pretty much everything but a couple of N7 quest and banged the hottest chick on the ship Tali :lol

Game was really enjoyable, much better then the first (I thought ME was about 7.5/10 game) this one I would give a solid 9/10. There were a couple of things that bugged me though, while the combat was better then the first it was still kind of simplistic for my taste. Barrier/shield, Armor, Health gets old quick and there wasn't any real challenging fights on hardcore difficulty. They made the combat more like most 3rd person shooters but they neglected to improve the AI of the enemies. They all kind of shuffled from side to side taking cover but they never moved forward or try to flank me, hell some just stood there and shoot and nothing. Then we got the environments, they were all very very linear not much exploring to be done. All and All I enjoyed it and I can't wait for ME3 but there is a ton of shit bioware can improve including bring back some of the missed RPG elements.

Fuck, planet scanning too

Zozz

Banned
My favorite thing I did
was killing the bartender who poisons you on omega and watching a stripper right after.

Zozz said:
My favorite thing I did
was killing the bartender who poisons you on omega and watching a stripper right after.

It's honestly better to
start shouting about how he poisons people and accusing him of poisoning turians next when an armed turian walks up to the bar.

Cep

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
It's honestly better to
start shouting about how he poisons people and accusing him of poisoning turians next when an armed turian walks up to the bar.

Agreed, but in my second playthrough, I needed more renegade points to do one or two 'bad' things later on and this is one of the few situations that did not irk me morally.

Cep said:
Agreed, but in my second playthrough, I needed more renegade points to do one or two 'bad' things later on and this is one of the few situations that did not irk me morally.

I actually liked how a bunch of the options, both Charm and Intimidate, were basically just Shepard shouting incoherent nonsense at a confused person until they cave in.

Cep

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I actually liked how a bunch of the options, both Charm and Intimidate, were basically just Shepard shouting incoherent nonsense at a confused person until they cave in.

Really? It Pissed me off.

Since this is not star wars, the way the NPCs cave should be more dynamic, they did better in this game, but it is still lacking.

Red

Hm, just tried booting up a new game as a femshep. Anyone know if it's possible to carry over my stats from my male Shepherd? I'd like not to have to start at level 1 again (although the 25% exp bonus is a great help).

Cep

Banned
Crunched said:
Hm, just tried booting up a new game as a femshep. Anyone know if it's possible to carry over my stats from my male Shepherd? I'd like not to have to start at level 1 again (although the 25% exp bonus is a great help).

Unless you are on PC and can mod Coalesce.ini, no.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Cep said:
I think one of them gets canceled by charge, cannot remember which, I think it is Barrier.

Yeah, it's barrier.

What's a good skill for Infiltrator on Insanity? I imported Reave from the first play, but I'm not sure if it'll be as useful as something else.

Arde5643

Papercuts said:
Yeah, it's barrier.

What's a good skill for Infiltrator on Insanity? I imported Reave from the first play, but I'm not sure if it'll be as useful as something else.
Warp ammo since it lets you use cloak to kill barrier enemies with your widowmaker.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
MegaKungFuRadio said:
You're doing NG+? How dull.

Nope, I started from scratch(I was a vanguard first play). It let me select any power I wanted from the squad members before, probably the achievement for beating the game.

Papercuts said:
Nope, I started from scratch(I was a vanguard first play). It let me select any power I wanted from the squad members before, probably the achievement for beating the game.

Oh. You said import. That's loyalty achievements. Reave is fine. Nothing is really that much more useful than it is.

Arde5643 said:
Warp ammo since it lets you use cloak to kill barrier enemies with your widowmaker.

I'm not really a fan of Warp ammo because to maximize its effectiveness, you need to use stuff like Pull, which usually feels like a waste of time/cooldown.

Cep

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:
Oh. You said import. That's loyalty achievements. Reave is fine. Nothing is really that much more useful than it is.

I'm not really a fan of Warp ammo because to maximize its effectiveness, you need to use stuff like Pull, which usually feels like a waste of time/cooldown.

Agreed.

The only other real candidates are dominate, inferno grenade and armor piercing. With the assumption that Zaeed, Garrus, Miranda and Samara are the best party members:

AP: You should almost always have garrus as a party member
Dominate: Is good, but not worth the slot
IG: You should almost always have Zaeed as a party member

kai3345

Banned
EatChildren said:
oh well shit my bad then

Wiggum2007

Playing as an Adept, just got to the point where I can choose to add Assault Rifle, Shotgun, or Sniper training. I just can't choose which one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom