• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Tiktaalik said:
Man Bioware needs to hire a new UI designer. Seriously none of these choices make sense and I never know what the hell is going on. Like do my allies have health? Nothing is obvious at all.

I'm a bit surprised so far it doesn't seem like they fixed all that much from the first game.

Time to have a look at the manual.
Oh yeah, definitely. For all the improvements the game made, the ally UI was a huge step back. It helped clear up some screen space but was indecipherable for the first few hours. And even then its limited information bugged me. Health readings for allies were imprecise and you could never tell how much time they had left to recharge their abilities. Big pain in the ass.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
IAmtheFMan said:
I guess the main problem I had with the game was the overall story wasn't as strong for me as ME 1. Plus, the ending of ME 1 seemed to set up the sequels for... well... what we'll probably get in ME 3.
ME2 is the scenic bridge that connects ME1 to 3 pretty much (presumably) :D

Crunched said:
Oh yeah, definitely. For all the improvements the game made, the ally UI was a huge step back. It helped clear up some screen space but was indecipherable for the first few hours. And even then its limited information bugged me. Health readings for allies were imprecise and you could never tell how much time they had left to recharge their abilities. Big pain in the ass.
I also wish they would separate the ship upgrades from the other upgrades, and sub-divide by types. Instead they just leave you with one long upgrade list, which I felt was messy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The two weirdest UI elements for me are:

1. Mentioned above, the fact that the symbol that shows an ally is in cooldown...doesn't actually give an indication of the remaining time.

2. Not sure why this even happens, but after you die sometimes your squad members switch sides. I map stuff to the dpad all the time, and I usually don't notice this happened until I use the wrong person in a fight.

Tiktaalik

I'm not very far into the game at this point, but it feels so technically similar to Mass Effect that at this point it feels like a 1.5 content expansion pack. Certainly the load times feel less and the game doesn't have that shading in issue that the first game had, but I expected a lot more improvements in terms of design, interface and control.

Dan Yo

Banned
Probably already been answered but did anyone find out what the Mass Effect Galaxy reward was, or was that just an elaborate joke?

Rad-

It's such a shame you get Legion so late in the game. My favorite character, tied with Thane. Really brings more depth to all the Geth lore, and has some funny lines as well. And he's probably the best character to use on insane (widow!).

Tiktaalik said:
I'm not very far into the game at this point, but it feels so technically similar to Mass Effect that at this point it feels like a 1.5 content expansion pack. Certainly the load times feel less and the game doesn't have that shading in issue that the first game had, but I expected a lot more improvements in terms of design, interface and control.

I felt the control (i assume you mean combat) was very much improved in ME2 and ran as good as any other shooter out there. I will agree with the interface though; I actually preferred the interface of ME1 because it let me know everything. In ME2 it's not intuitive enough for me.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/adept-combat-mass-effect/59490

I wish they would have stuck with the UI in that video.

Van Owen

Banned
Eh, the controls still aren't as good as Gears and Uncharted as far as control goes. I wish you could blind fire and move horizontally from cover to cover. It's still a big imrprovement over the first though

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
cuevas said:
I felt the control (i assume you mean combat) was very much improved in ME2 and ran as good as any other shooter out there. I will agree with the interface though; I actually preferred the interface of ME1 because it let me know everything. In ME2 it's not intuitive enough for me.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/adept-combat-mass-effect/59490

I wish they would have stuck with the UI in that video.
That does look a lot nicer, I wish we could get rid of those floating heads while we're just walking around, wish there was at least a PC tweak...

Troidal

I've stopped playing for a while because the game just felt like you were shooting and using biotic powers on waves and waves of enemies. It's like they took the wrong cues from Call of Duty basically.

The story itself still draws me into the game, but I hate the fact that they kind pulled off the "2 years later" crap and almost making you start from a blank slate. The choices you made in the first game do reflect on a minor scale and that was a nice touch, but it's more or less a appendix of sorts, and that is that.

I was getting bored of the whole "recruit the most badass members" going episode after episode, and you get a "Mission Accomplished" screen at the end of each. It just felt so lame. And now that I'm reading there are more missions pertaining to character loyalties, it sounds to me like the game doesn't have much story other than to beat the Collectors in the end. It doesn't sound so epic like the first game, even just by reading people's feedback and that is not a good sign.

I'll probably push myself to finish it, but I don't know if my opinion will change. ME1 seemed like the better game. And god dont even start with the mining mini-game....atrocious. I rather get the Mako shit back.

No way. I just saw a Youtube video where
if you bring Legion onto the Flotilla with Tali, all of the Quarians go nuts.
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I'm going to have to try this out tomorrow or something.

Peff

Dan Yo said:
Probably already been answered but did anyone find out what the Mass Effect Galaxy reward was, or was that just an elaborate joke?

Looks like it just adds a few lines if you have Jacob and Miranda when you talk to Ish in Omega.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
FromTheFuture said:
No way. I just saw a Youtube video where
if you bring Legion onto the Flotilla with Tali, all of the Quarians go nuts.
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I'm going to have to try this out tomorrow or something.

Yeah, there's one extra scene but otherwise not much changes. You would think the entire nature of the quest would change, but nope. But I'm glad they bothered working out that possibility though.

It's very strange having Grunt around staying silent when Mordin
considers destroying the Genophage research

Cep

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Yeah, there's one extra scene but otherwise not much changes. You would think the entire nature of the quest would change, but nope. But I'm glad they bothered working out that possibility though.

It's very strange having Grunt around staying silent when Mordin
considers destroying the Genophage research

Yeah, the Grunt stuff was pretty bad.

As was Garrus/Tali not reacting to each other at all.

As for
Legion
, the correct way to handle that would have been to ban him from the ship no matter what.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cep said:
Yeah, the Grunt stuff was pretty bad.

As was Garrus/Tali not reacting to each other at all.

As for
Legion
, the correct way to handle that would have been to ban him from the ship no matter what.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that. What a FUCKED up oversight on the part of the writers. Seriously, they need to work on party interaction in the third game. It's a step backwards from Dragon Age, which was a step backwards from ME1. :p

I figure the easy way to deal with
Legion
would be to come up with some reason why he can't leave the Normandy (with the exception of his loyalty mission and the finale).

Really wish this game had better squad AI, especially while playing on Insanity. Not sure how many times I had to hold off hordes of enemies by myself simply because no one else was doing anything. Yeah, I know I have a level of control over what they do, but sometimes the action gets really heavy and it doesn't dawn on me until later into the fight that I'm the only one doing anything. I don't know how many times I've gotten an enemy down to its last shreds, run out of ammo, see my other two mates right there with me perfectly able to deal the finishing strikes, but they don't do shit and I end up dying regardless.

This isn't too big of a deal on easier difficulties but my god it sure does count on insanity. Also, my biggest complaint, and just like every other game that does this... please... for the love of god devs...

...stop sending waves of ten thousand enemies at me. It doesn't make it harder, necessarily. It doesn't make it more fun. It just makes it longer. More tedious. More repetitive. Send a small, focused group of assholes at me and make them hard as fuck to take down, but don't throw 20,000 mail-order robots at me and make me sit there and take them out, not knowing when they'll stop coming, if they'll stop coming. Seriously that shit has to stop. I gave Infamous the thumbs-down simply because of the ridiculous amount of enemies that game throws at you at every turn. You don't die because you can't take them, you die because you either eventually run out of resources and, in my experience even, patience.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
brandonh83 said:
Really wish this game had better squad AI, especially while playing on Insanity. Not sure how many times I had to hold off hordes of enemies by myself simply because no one else was doing anything. Yeah, I know I have a level of control over what they do, but sometimes the action gets really heavy and it doesn't dawn on me until later into the fight that I'm the only one doing anything. I don't know how many times I've gotten an enemy down to its last shreds, run out of ammo, see my other two mates right there with me perfectly able to deal the finishing strikes, but they don't do shit and I end up dying regardless.

This isn't too big of a deal on easier difficulties but my god it sure does count on insanity. Also, my biggest complaint, and just like every other game that does this... please... for the love of god devs...

...stop sending waves of ten thousand enemies at me. It doesn't make it harder, necessarily. It doesn't make it more fun. It just makes it longer. More tedious. More repetitive. Send a small, focused group of assholes at me and make them hard as fuck to take down, but don't throw 20,000 mail-order robots at me and make me sit there and take them out, not knowing when they'll stop coming, if they'll stop coming. Seriously that shit has to stop. I gave Infamous the thumbs-down simply because of the ridiculous amount of enemies that game throws at you at every turn. You don't die because you can't take them, you die because you either eventually run out of resources and, in my experience even, patience.

I find that the only thing that works is to basically aggro everyone then set your squad to attack. It's the only way they're useful on Insanity.

And the game definitely has infinite spawns - which is a problem since you are extra cautious on insanity (unless you're an Infiltrator, I guess) - since you get caught in a loop of "hold the line until the room is clear" and "enemies keep spawning unless you move forward".

firehawk12 said:
And the game definitely has infinite spawns - which is a problem since you are extra cautious on insanity (unless you're an Infiltrator, I guess) - since you get caught in a loop of "hold the line until the room is clear" and "enemies keep spawning unless you move forward".

There have been parts where I started to think it was an infinite spawn point, but I held out longer and they finally stopped coming, like on
Tali's recruitment, I don't know how many Geth I killed when I was trying to get the demolition charges but it was an extremely unhealthy number
. I just really wish there was less of this in games. It's not just in this one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
brandonh83 said:
There have been parts where I started to think it was an infinite spawn point, but I held out longer and they finally stopped coming, like on
Tali's recruitment, I don't know how many Geth I killed when I was trying to get the demolition charges but it was an extremely unhealthy number
. I just really wish there was less of this in games. It's not just in this one.

I tried waiting it out on that mission, but I noticed that they stopped the moment I approached the required rooms. Might have been a coincidence.

But on other missions
(Zaeed and Garrus)
you will find yourself in an infinite spawn loop if you aren't careful.

Jinjo

firehawk12 said:
I tried waiting it out on that mission, but I noticed that they stopped the moment I approached the required rooms. Might have been a coincidence.

But on other missions
(Zaeed and Garrus)
you will find yourself in an infinite spawn loop if you aren't careful.

The worst one is
the N7 mission where you enter the mech facility and have to disable it. The damn mechs keep spawning and there is only one very narrow path through the boxes. I probably died there the most of any part in the game.

Peff

Wrath2X said:
Actually there is. Go to the citadel and start going through the levels with the stairs.

"Oh, c'mon, tell me about your immune system again" "I HAVE A SHOTGUN" :lol That was pretty nice, but I still missed some more of it. And Garrus/Wrex, it would have been cool if the game could recognize your party from the first game and add a few lines when they meet.

Dries

Hmm.. I didn't think this game had some CoD-esque enemy spawning. Yeah, in some parts a lot of enemy's keep coming, but after a while I could finish them all off so that nothing kept coming. I guess it differs per mission.

Pooya

I just finished the game.
The last mission was very disappointing considering the build up from beginning of the game that it is going to be suicide mission but it was actually a walk in the park and was very short. I liked the game , combat was much better, but ME1 ending felt more epic and geth and Saren were more interesting villains.

I have a question guess I missed it but when Harbinger first introduced? The name came out of nowhere when shepard used it at the ending conversation with the illusive man.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
miladesn said:
I just finished the game.
The last mission was very disappointing considering the build up from beginning of the game that it is going to be suicide mission but it was actually a walk in the park and was very short. I liked the game , combat was much better, but ME1 ending felt more epic and geth and Saren were more interesting villains.

I have a question guess I missed it but when Harbinger first introduced? The name came out of nowhere when shepard used it at the ending conversation with the illusive man.
when it
he takes over a collector soldier, he sometimes says "I am the Harbinger of your doom".

But yeah, it is a relatively big leap of logic for Shepard to make.

Socreges

Banned
One great thing about the game that really helps ensure that my videogame-OCD is kept in check: when you receive a new squad member, they immediately have as many squad points as anyone else. This way they're essentially balanced and I only need to concern myself with what strengths they've got and not which member needs the experience more.

But yeah, it is a relatively big leap of logic for Shepard to make.
Well, it's also on his name tag...

Also I have no idea where you guys are getting the infinite respawns from... But then again, I played the last half of the game dashing into enemies with my shotgun. Waves did seem to last longer early on when I'd stay back with the pistol.

I've been messing around with Coalesced.ini and I ran into this thread about changing your clothes you can wear (on the Normandy) http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=314690

So I added a bunch, 18 male and 18 female (including the original 4 for both)
EDIT: added 6 more, why not :lol :p

fvhjed.jpg

4u86j5.jpg

350m4gh.jpg

28cd3rl.jpg

ra4xgg.jpg

Note: the illusive man's top has a see though spot on the neckline, a modder will need to fix that for us and a modder will need to work on the Dancer and Miranda clothes for them to work as well. There are a few more texture swaps for some of the dresses, I didn't bother to add them, I figured I had to many as it is now :lol

Here is what you need to change

Code:
[SFXGame.SFXPawn_Player]
CasualAppearances=(Id=0,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMM_ARM_CTHb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMM_ARM_CTHb_MAT_7a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMF_ARM_CTHb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMF_ARM_CTHb_MAT_6a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=1,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHa.HMM_ARM_CTHa_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHa.HMM_ARM_CTHa_MAT_5a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHa.HMF_ARM_CTHa_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHa.HMF_ARM_CTHa_MAT_7a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=2,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHh.HMM_ARM_CTHh_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHh.HMM_ARM_CTHh_MAT_3a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHh.HMF_ARM_CTHh_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHh.HMF_ARM_CTHh_MAT_3a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=3,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHg.HMM_ARM_CTHg_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHe.HMF_ARM_CTHe_MDL"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=4,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHa.HMM_ARM_CTHa_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHa.HMM_ARM_CTHa_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHa.HMF_ARM_CTHa_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHa.HMF_ARM_CTHa_MAT_1a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=5,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMM_ARM_CTHb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMM_ARM_CTHb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMF_ARM_CTHb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMF_ARM_CTHb_MAT_1a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=6,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHc.HMM_ARM_CTHc_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHc.HMF_ARM_CTHc_MDL"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=7,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHd.HMM_ARM_CTHd_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHd.HMF_ARM_CTHd_MDL"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=8,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHe.HMM_ARM_CTHe_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHg.HMF_ARM_CTHg_MDL"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=9,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHf.HMM_ARM_CTHf_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHf.HMF_ARM_CTHf_MDL"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=10,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHc.HMM_ARM_CTHc_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHc.HMM_ARM_CTHc_MAT_2a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHc.HMF_ARM_CTHc_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHc.HMF_ARM_CTHc_MAT_2a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=11,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHd.HMM_ARM_CTHd_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHd.HMM_ARM_CTHd_MAT_2a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHd.HMF_ARM_CTHd_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHd.HMF_ARM_CTHd_MAT_2a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=12,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHe.HMM_ARM_CTHe_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHe.HMM_ARM_CTHe_MAT_2a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHd.HMF_ARM_CTHd_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHd.HMF_ARM_CTHd_MAT_3a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=13,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_CTH_R.CTHi.HMM_ARM_CTHi_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMF_ARM_CTHb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMF_ARM_CTHb_MAT_4a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=14,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_MED_R.MEDe.HMM_ARM_MEDe_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_MED_R.MEDe.HMM_ARM_MEDe_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMF_ARM_CTHb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHb.HMF_ARM_CTHb_MAT_2a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=15,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYc.HMM_ARM_HVYc_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHh.HMF_ARM_CTHh_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_CTH_R.CTHh.HMF_ARM_CTHh_MAT_5a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=16,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_MED_R.MEDb.HMM_ARM_MEDb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_MED_R.MEDb.HMM_ARM_MEDb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_MED_R.MEDb.HMF_ARM_MEDb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_MED_R.MEDb.HMF_ARM_MEDb_MAT_1a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=17,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_MED_R.MEDc.HMM_ARM_MEDc_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_MED_R.MEDc.HMM_ARM_MEDc_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_MED_R.MEDc.HMF_ARM_MEDc_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_MED_R.MEDc.HMF_ARM_MEDc_MAT_1a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=18,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=19,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYa.HMM_ARM_HVYa_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYa.HMM_ARM_HVYa_MAT_17a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_MED_R.MEDa.HMF_ARM_MEDa_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_MED_R.MEDa.HMF_ARM_MEDa_MAT_17a"),PlotFlag=-1)
CasualAppearances=(Id=20,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYa.HMM_ARM_HVYa_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYa.HMM_ARM_HVYa_MAT_18a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_MED_R.MEDa.HMF_ARM_MEDa_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_MED_R.MEDa.HMF_ARM_MEDa_MAT_18a"),PlotFlag=-1)

edit: If you want to use armor outside of the Normandy (Male/Female), look here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385690&page=254

jl6ik8.jpg

Can't get the armor to work with no helmet's, but you can make it a full body armor and stack all the bonus's you want

GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_PowerBelt","SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Shoulders", "SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_StabilizationGauntlets" , "SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Legs"

Code:
[SFXGame.SFXPawn_Player]
FullBodyAppearances=(Id=0,Name=334453,Description=334454,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a"),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_PowerBelt","SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Shoulders", "SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_StabilizationGauntlets" , "SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Legs" ),PlotFlag=-1)

I think I'll keep it both way's, one full armor (no helmet), and the other as a chestpiece with helmet

b54rx3.jpg
2dh76o9.jpg

Code:
[SFXGame.SFXPawn_Player]
TorsoAppearances=(Id=4,Name=334453,Description=334454,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a"),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_PowerBelt"),PlotFlag=-1)

ShoulderAppearances=(Id=4,Name=339528,Description=339523,Type=CustomizableType_Shoulders,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Shoulders"),PlotFlag=-1)

ArmAppearances=(Id=4,Name=334431,Description=334432,Type=CustomizableType_Arms,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_StabilizationGauntlets"),PlotFlag=-1)

LegAppearances=(Id=4,Name=339525,Description=339524,Type=CustomizableType_Legs,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Legs"),PlotFlag=-1)

Dennis

Banned
Arhal_Katarn said:
Also why would you need to win the loyalty of Garrus and Tali? After what they did with you in the first game.
It is a suicide mission you know. Gotta be real loyal for that, I figure.

I luckily found a copy of the collectors edition at my local Best Buy last week :D

A busy weekend cut my playing time short, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than ME1 so far. When I discovered that they streamlined Citadel travel, I wept tears of joy. That was one of my biggest pet peeves about the original.

Does it matter what order I do the "team collecting" missions, or am I pretty much free to go about the game as I please without any serious ramifications?

Peff

DennisK4 said:
It is a suicide mission you know. Gotta be real loyal for that, I figure.

Plus after two years of thinking you're dead and you suddenly appear with the logo of a human terrorist organization which you had helped stop it's natural that they would be a bit suspicious.

Does it matter what order I do the "team collecting" missions, or am I pretty much free to go about the game as I please without any serious ramifications?

You are free to choose wherever you want to go.

Arhal_Katarn said:
Also why would you need to win the loyalty of Garrus and Tali? After what they did with you in the first game.
Shephard's basically a zombie. I'm sure if a zombie was leading my party I'd be less than loyal too.

derFeef

Man, the framerate drops down heavy in the cinematics/dialogues if I force AA in the ATI drivers. Anyone else experiencing this?

Arhal_Katarn said:
Shepard joined Cerberus.

don't know if it's old or not, but i just found this
it's useful for people who have dual-cores and are just baffled at the load times inside the normandy. this little app fixes it. not that it will help me, since i already finished the game, but it might be useful to you guys :)

Haunted

MrTroubleMaker said:
I've been messing around with Coalesced.ini and I ran into this thread about changing your clothes you can wear (on the Normandy) http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=314690

So I added a bunch, 18 male and 18 female (including the original 4 for both)

Note: the illusive man's top has a see though spot on the neckline, a modder will need to fix that for us and a modder will need to work on the Dancer and Miranda clothes for them to work as well. There are a few more texture swaps for some of the dresses, I didn't bother to add them, I figured I had to many as it is now :lol

Here is what you need to change
PC version superior confirmed.

positively surprised by lack of stripper outfit

Arhal_Katarn said:
They're not disloyal before, they're just distracted by personal matters.

And "Undistraction missions" sound fucking stupid, so they went with loyalty. :p

Tonza

Ok, I think I'll scratch my current play through (my first) and go back to ME1 so I can get the right decisions to the second one. Killing the council I can manage but apparantely my Shepard
killed Wrex in 1. That I can't agree with.
Though I've already spent 23 hours with this Shepard so it kinda bums me out.... :\

Erasus

WARP10CK said:
For those of you are playing the pc version am I the only one who thought it ran a lot smoother than Mass Effect 1 ?

Yup, I feel the same. Not a lot smoother but combat feels smoother and is around 35-40fps.

Anso

Tonza said:
Ok, I think I'll scratch my current play through (my first) and go back to ME1 so I can get the right decisions to the second one. Killing the council I can manage but apparantely my Shepard
killed Wrex in 1. That I can't agree with.
Though I've already spent 23 hours with this Shepard so it kinda bums me out.... :\

I found it much more enjoyable to suck it up and pay for what you actually did, makes you appreciate your character more. You can always replay it again later. Doing a maleshep paragon run now myself.

Cronox

Banned
I can't decide what to do for the romances. I could go any way! I sympathize with each of them. Question:
Is Miranda or Jack easy to do for a renegade? If so I might save them for a later run-through...

Speaking of romance,
there better be something good for sticking with you're ME1 romance, cause Liara wasn't really giving me a whole lot to hold on to in this game besides a picture on my desk and a hello kiss.

wRATH2x

Banned
Liara is ugly, so is the whole damn Asari race. I think Samara is hot though, might be the big blue boobs and booty though.

Dynoro

Cronox said:
Speaking of romance,
there better be something good for sticking with you're ME1 romance, cause Liara wasn't really giving me a whole lot to hold on to in this game besides a picture on my desk and a hello kiss.
Yeah, I had
liara
from ME1 and was going for
Kelly
in this one but (ending spoiler)
got Kelly killed in the final before I sealed the deal even though Miranda was the only unloyal member due to the Jack/Miranda fight
. I really hope the romance options for ME3 include pretty much everyone possible from ME 1 and 2 together

_Xenon_ said:
Oh shit, looks like another 1200 points 800 bytes DLC for 360.
I have a feeling they will add more clothing, the new armor should be out soon
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus_Assault_Armor

Erico said:
Neat clothes variations.

I'd like a Shepard with Thane's trenchcoat getup + recon hood.

Haunted said:
PC version superior confirmed.

positively surprised by lack of stripper outfit
yeah, I would like to add some of the NPC clothes as well, but their model information isn't in the correct form to use currently, we'll have to wait for a modder to fix them for us

epmode said:
NICE. I miss the old blue costume from ME1. I'll be using this for an eventual replay.
I missed it too, that's one of the reasons i did this

Kolgar

Finished my first playthrough with Femshep last night. Took about 35 hours and I did all the sidequests I could find. Not sure how others are finishing in 25 hours, but I'm glad it took me longer because I loved every second of it.

This game and this series are beyond epic. These are easily some of the most engrossing characters and most awe-inspiring cinematics in any game, ever. Playing it was pure joy, given its streamlined design that eschews the tedious machinations that bring down other role-playing games (for me, at least).

I'm going to keep playing long enough to wrap up a couple of loose achievements, and then start the series over from ME1 using a male Shepard this time.

Though it must be said, my Femshep is totally hot and Jennifer Hale's voice acting is glorious to the point of haunting my dreams. Love her, love her, love her.

Can't wait for Fuck-Awesome 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom