• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
kai3345 said:
But does the story of that planet change? Does
Wrex's brother
pretty much play the same role and does all of the same stuff that Wrex does?
It's makes one quest very slightly different.
If Wrex is alive you fight some Krogan giving you some attitude earlier, otherwise you fight Wrex's brother.

nightez

Banned
Ironborn said:
wtf? bestiality = fucking with animals
asari are on a human level of intelligence, you can't seriously compare hot shepard-on-asari action with some dude fucking sheep :lol
Human beings are animals, mammals to be exact. Even if sheep (or chimps) had the same IQ as humans it would still be bestiality. By extension an alien is just a different species of animal.

Blackface said:
ME2 maxed out on PC, is by far the best looking PC game I have ever played. I am afraid a majority of people will play it on 360 and not get to see how mind blowing it looks.

Crysis looked real, but ME2 looks just flat out amazing. The art direction, textures, lighting puts every other PC game I have played to shame. It may not look as real as Crysis, but it looks better.
lol...?

It's a pretty good looking game on the PC, sure, but it's really not THAT much of a step over the first one (on PC, anyways). The only obvious improvement is in the lighting, which is excellent this time around.
Aside from that, I don't know... are you comparing it to the original's 360 visuals?
If so, then maybe - I've never played it on the 360 so I don't know how much of a step down it is.
If not, I think you need to play more high-end PC games. :p

Anyway, game-related, I finally managed to find an optional planet-side quest... and it's cool that it unlocks a chain of quests, but they're all unbelievably short... I'm talking like 5 minutes each. :\
I feel like I'm halfway through the game already, and so far it all seems overrated.. much like the first (which I, again, loved despite it's numerous flaws).
But again, I'm one of those who loved Mass Effect for the story and RPG elements, not one of those expecting and hoping for the "actionization" of the game (which seems to be the direction BioWare is aiming for).

OMG Aero said:
I would rather have an Elcor with a cannon strapped to his back.

I want Mass Effect: C-Sec. You play a hard-boiled cop on the Citadel, solving crimes in the nasty underbelly and contacting your hanar and elcor informants.

"This one asks if the one standing before it is an honorable C-Sec officer."
"Because if you are, smugly, it is the law that you have to tell us."

Uhtred

advent_rising_box.jpg

Lets talk about what this game should have been..............

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I'd thought I would add that it seems all the (freebie) DLC still works, it just wont show up in the initial DLC on the front menu. I know it's been confirmed, but at first I thought they might have locked it out. I have to say I'm surprised how powerful some of the armor is, it doesn't reek of freebie pre-order item.

I remember the Social Site noting that anything bought on Marketplace exists outside of the Social (or in this case "Cerberus") Network of listed add-ons.

kai3345

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
It's makes one quest very slightly different.
If Wrex is alive you fight some Krogan giving you some attitude earlier, otherwise you fight Wrex's brother.
Well that's disappointing.

X26

Banned
I have this pre-ordered from gamestop. When I pick it up, will be getitgn any "free dlc" or not? I don't know what all this leaked code/giving away codes stuff is about

Lunchbox said:
cliffy b said that? :O buying 2 copies now

also no Gears3 this year, then
I'm already buying two copies, a CE for myself and the standard for my wife. :D

On a side note, I'm 99% certain we won't see Gears 3 in 2010 because MS wants Halo: Reach to rule the holiday season. Think the erliest we could see Gears 3 is this same time next year, Q1 2011.

Swag

Himuro said:
So why do I have to wait till tomorrow to get this fucking game? Gamestop has it.

They obviously don't want you to have fun, time to get friendly with one of the employees me thinks

BenjaminBirdie said:
I remember the Social Site noting that anything bought on Marketplace exists outside of the Social (or in this case "Cerberus") Network of listed add-ons.

Yeah, but I didn't realize that it meant the ingame DLC menu (like the one in Dragon Age Online) as opposed to on social.

Oh I have a standard Arcade unit and use HDMI to my TV for video and audio. What is the cheapest audio cable that works with optical hookups (3rd party is fine)? I miss 5.1 gaming on the 360. The Xbox was actually the first system I had with 5.1, and its weird playing next gen games on two channel stereo.

TIA

Does the standard cable come with an optical out? The HD cable I have does. Take 1 screwdriver and stick it in the plastic casing around the optical out. Turn and remove the plastic. With out the plastic you can fit both the HDMI and the Component/composite into the back of the system. This is how I get 5.1 out of my system.

FireFly

nightez said:
Human beings are animals, mammals to be exact. Even if sheep (or chimps) had the same IQ as humans it would still be bestiality. By extension an alien is just a different species of animal....
If your definition of being an animal is being 'non-human', then sure. But on that measure having sexual relations with a 'new' race of genetically enhanced humans (eg. with enhanced immune systems) would also be ruled out.

Oyashiro

Guys, there's something I don't get. I read in another site that earlier this morning, a lot of free DLC was revealed - stuff like the CE armor, GameStop armor, and some dragon armor. What I'm confused about is this: does that mean that all those will eventually be available for free? Or was it just a glitch? Because I really REALLY hope that they will all be available and not just pre-order exclusives.

Class_A_Ninja said:
Does the standard cable come with an optical out? The HD cable I have does. Take 1 screwdriver and stick it in the plastic casing around the optical out. Turn and remove the plastic. With out the plastic you can fit both the HDMI and the Component/composite into the back of the system. This is how I get 5.1 out of my system.

I didn't even know my 360 Arcade has an optical output. I rarely use the system except for some exclusives so I've never had time to tool around with it or even look. I though the Arcade required a separate adapter for it (like in this picture). For HDMI I just use a regular cheapo HDMI cable I have. I think the system only came with RCA cables. So is it possible my optical cable will just fit in with no problems?

optical.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dax01 said:
Holy shit!:lol

It's like they could read the minds of nerds everywhere. :p

chaoticprout said:
How does the PS3 Dragon Age code work on 360? Does it at all?

It's linked to your EA account and unlocks it for all platforms.

I didn't even know my 360 Arcade has an optical output. I rarely use the system except for some exclusives so I've never had time to tool around with it or even look. I though the Arcade required a separate adapter for it (like in this picture). For HDMI I just use a regular cheapo HDMI cable I have. I think the system only came with RCA cables. So is it possible my optical cable will just fit in with no problems?

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/3037632_5680101_mywrite/optical.jpg[/img]

The new composite-only cables don't have optical in. :(

Oyashiro said:
Guys, there's something I don't get. I read in another site that earlier this morning, a lot of free DLC was revealed - stuff like the CE armor, GameStop armor, and some dragon armor. What I'm confused about is this: does that mean that all those will eventually be available for free? Or was it just a glitch? Because I really REALLY hope that they will all be available and not just pre-order exclusives.

Most likely just a glitch.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Oyashiro said:
Glitch. Same thing happened for EU PS3 DA and 360 DA Return to Ostagar quest.
chaoticprout said:
How does the PS3 Dragon Age code work on 360? Does it at all?
You redeem it in game in DA or at the Social and it automatically unlocks it for PC & 360 ME2 (You must use the same EA account that you redeemed the code with on ME2).

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Oyashiro said:

If I had to say, it'd probably be unlikely they'll be made free.

The thing is that the 360 had to have files for the codes, since otherwise, no one would be able to download them onto their 360.

However, this doesn't necessarily indicate they'll be made available in the future, since Bioware has stated that they have no plans to release the pre-order content at a later date.

It's probably up to EA.

edit: beat.

TimeLike said:
It's really not that bad. It doesn't get very veiny until you're about dead anyway. I play on normal and hardly ever see those veins.

Glad to hear that. But overall, I think, this type of feedback sucks. At least for me.

firehawk12 said:
The new composite-only cables don't have optical in. :(

So is there anyway for me to get optical hookup? My TV does have an optical output (sound from 360 via HDMI to TV to Reviver via Optical), but my TV doesn't have a Dolby Digital logo on it.

Killthee said:
Glitch. Same thing happened for EU PS3 DA and 360 DA Return to Ostagar quest.

I thought the only leak of Return to Ostagar was a version from a test server as opposed to accidentally being made available through normal channels.

One thing that slightly annoyed me when playing ME2 was that you weren't able to sometimes take cover behind obvious walls or pillars or areas where - just by looking - you would interpret as being somewhere you could take cover behind if you were in that situation.

Then you would come to a set piece scripted part that involves shooting, and you can take cover behind similar areas or objects that you couldn't have done in the previous corridor or hall.

Awesome, both my ME2 CE and LE guide have shipped from Amazon. I'll get the game tomorrow and the guide on Wednesday.

Now, I just need to poopsock my way through my final ME1 game. I've still got to run through Noveria, Virmire, BDTS, Ilos & the finale. At least I've completed all the side quests, save for the collect-o-thons. It's going to be a long night. :D

Killthee

I thought the only leak of Return to Ostagar was a version from a test server as opposed to accidentally being made available through normal channels.
The glitchy version was up in the Marketplace site for a couple of hours before they took it down, but it looks like you still had to pay for it. For some reason I remembered it being up for free.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So is there anyway for me to get optical hookup? My TV does have an optical output (sound from 360 via HDMI to TV to Reviver via Optical), but my TV doesn't have a Dolby Digital logo on it.

You have to either buy the HDMI/optical adapter or find an old cable with optical in and split it open, as suggested above.

The adapter can be found on eBay for relatively cheap.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Got my copy early (360). Popping it in right now. Very excited. :O

Ironborn

Banned
nightez said:
Human beings are animals, mammals to be exact. Even if sheep (or chimps) had the same IQ as humans it would still be bestiality. By extension an alien is just a different species of animal.

Are you playing dense?
It's only bestiality if its Sex with a wild "beast", i.e. a creature that cannot express its desires like a human can
asari are just humans with Blue Skin, essentially
i'm also pretty sure that Sex with homo erectus or neanderthals would not be bestiality, even tho they are different species

dexterslu

Just got an e-mail saying my Collectors Edition has shipped! However, it appears those who pre-ordered the collectors edition are NOT getting the prime release date-guarantee which sucks!

Not that big of a deal for me, redoing a character from level one attempting to get to sixty before beginning ME2. Really noticed how difficult some of the 'battle scenarios' are, you'll open a door and get shot with rocket immediately, which is infuriating. Hopefully these encounters are improved in ME2.

Daft_Cat

kyo_daikun said:
If Shepard makes out with a Hanar in ME3 im officially out.

What? How can you say that? This one would be pleased to see such a development.

Also, soldier or vanguard? Indecisiveness plagues me GAF...you fine folks choose for me?

Vamphuntr

Got my code from gamestop. Should be on my door step tomorrow afternoon. See you when I beat it. I wish an awesome Mass Effect 2 experience to all of you.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
hey guys, I am about to be giving away 10 Mass Effect t-shirts (most likely N7) at my publication. Who's interested? PM me.

Ephemeris

MirageDwarf said:
Glad to hear that. But overall, I think, this type of feedback sucks. At least for me.

When I briefly played on Veteran (I had insane open to me but I didn't want to stress myself out) I got the veins alot; but that's because my silly ass didn't want to stay in cover.

Killthee

dexterslu said:
Just got an e-mail saying my Collectors Edition has shipped! However, it appears those who pre-ordered the collectors edition are NOT getting the prime release date-guarantee which sucks!
Huh?

2w7rgd1.jpg

That's my Amazon CE order and it still says "Delivered by the 26th"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom