• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickard

Are there midnight releases for this game?

My roomates heading over to blockbuster tonight for the "This is it" midnight release to see if they'll let him buy a copy. What are the chances that will work?

Blackface

Banned
ME2 maxed out on PC, is by far the best looking PC game I have ever played. I am afraid a majority of people will play it on 360 and not get to see how mind blowing it looks.

Crysis looked real, but ME2 looks just flat out amazing. The art direction, textures, lighting puts every other PC game I have played to shame. It may not look as real as Crysis, but it looks better.

Red

Valkyr Junkie said:
"Shipping soon" = shipping today.
Better be some damn fast shipping if it's going to get here by tomorrow.
nightez said:
I just saw the infamous shagging videos on Youtube. I wonder how this series gets away with bestiality. Its immoral to bed someone of a different species. Yet GTA got so much flack and attention for the Hot Coffee mod.
wat.

Mindlog

Your Amazon.com order has shipped
Estimated Arrival: January 26, 2010

HAHA! I managed to get here missing all major spoilers.

eat it you sons of bitches

kellyoddball.jpg

Ephemeris

nightez said:
I just saw the infamous shagging videos on Youtube. I wonder how this series gets away with bestiality. Its immoral to bed someone of a different species. Yet GTA got so much flack and attention for the Hot Coffee mod.

Sup Ash. I see you're still not over the Liara thing. It's been two years.

Let it go.

- Shepard.

Mad_Ban

After hearing about all of the 360 CE issues, I'll be sure to call into my local GAME in order for them to give me a definite confirmation that mine is there. I ordered it back in November so I will be RAGING if I don't get one. :/

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ephemeris said:
Your store was handing them out prior to release?

Apparently.

I knew they were out of CE's, so I went to Bestbuy instead, didn't even consider going to get a pre-order code until just recently, since they'd NOT given out codes early with Dragon Age.

Apparently, they changed their minds for ME2.

Alucrid

Banned
Mindlog said:

HAHA! I managed to get here missing all major spoilers.

eat it you sons of bitches

Why the fuck does mine say January 28. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Metroidvania said:
Apparently.

I knew they were out of CE's, so I went to Bestbuy instead, didn't even consider going to get a pre-order code until just recently, since they'd NOT given out codes early with Dragon Age.

I pre-ordered mine at gamestop yesterday and they said they only had 7 codes left, but weren't handing them out until release day. He told me to come early, but said since I paid it off and I am a nice guy to the gamestop counter monkeys he would make sure I get one.

X26

Banned
So what's the deal with pre-order bonuses/codes/whatever? I pre-ordered at gamestop here in canada, do I get something when I pick it up on the 27th or what?

Ephemeris

Metroidvania said:
Apparently.

That's messed up.

Jinjo

syllogism said:
Well,
I don't think you can. You can flirt with her and invite her to a dinner but I don't think it was implied it was anything more than that

Bioware are such teases. How could you, bioware, how could you?!

Am I btw the only still going back and forth between classes? It's between Sentinel, Adept or Vanguard now.:lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Rickard said:
Are there midnight releases for this game?

My roomates heading over to blockbuster tonight for the "This is it" midnight release to see if they'll let him buy a copy. What are the chances that will work?
Gamestop is doing midnight release (PDF).

syllogism said:
Well,
I don't think you can. You can flirt with her and invite her to a dinner but I don't think it was implied it was anything more than that
You sure? I thought she was
the "new Consort" for the second game?

sinnergy

Blackface said:
ME2 maxed out on PC, is by far the best looking PC game I have ever played. I am afraid a majority of people will play it on 360 and not get to see how mind blowing it looks.

Crysis looked real, but ME2 looks just flat out amazing. The art direction, textures, lighting puts every other PC game I have played to shame. It may not look as real as Crysis, but it looks better.

Haven't you heard UE3 is shit :lol
here on GAF anyways

It's like I always say, it's not about the engine it's about the team that uses the engine, the engine is just a canvas like one used for a painting.

nightez said:
I didn't know Charles Saracino posts here.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Dax01 said:
You sure? I thought she was
the "new Consort" for the second game?

From what I've heard, it does actually continue past that. Again, unconfirmed, I haven't gone to look at any of the vids.

frogg609

Curious, if my wife and I have one copy, and she signs up with the Cerberus Network code, do I have to pay 15 bucks to get it if we're using the same 360 with different accounts? Or will it be how when one of us bought DLC we both get it?

frogg609 said:
Curious, if my wife and I have one copy, and she signs up with the Cerberus Network code, do I have to pay 15 bucks to get it if we're using the same 360 with different accounts? Or will it be how when one of us bought DLC we both get it?

I think it would work like other DLC where one console holds the license for all that XBL accounts downloads. All DLC on that Box can be accessed by others on the box.

I assume it would work, as long as you both were on the same 360.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
frogg609 said:
It worked on both accounts on my PS3 for DA PS3, I imagine it'll be the same for ME2 360.

2w7rgd1.jpg

:D :D :D

Ceebs

Blackface said:

It is a good looking game, but it does have some pretty awful looking textures in spots. It defiantly shows that it is a port of a console game.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Blackface said:

Oh man I can't wait until Steam unlocks. My notebook can handle max details, 1080p, 30+ fps, so I'm good.

kai3345

Banned
kai3345 said:
So to the people whove played the game with multiple imported characters:

Do your decisions in ME1 REALLY have an effect on the story? Without spoiling anything, is it like "Oh, we'll put a generic Krogan here, but if Wrex lived it will be Wrex. Sure the story and everything he says will be pretty much the same, but it'll be Wrex and not some generic Krogan" or some bs like that?
Re-posting to see if someone will answer

EDIT: Also, earlier in the thread someone said that gamestop isn't giving away anymore pre-order items or something, if I pre-ordered already and have it payed off and everything, am I guaranteed a pre-order bonus or is it given out based on whoever comes to pick up their copies first?

kai3345 said:
Re-posting to see if someone will answer

EDIT: Also, earlier in the thread someone said that gamestop isn't giving away anymore pre-order items or something, if I pre-ordered already and have it payed off and everything, am I guaranteed a pre-order bonus or is it given out based on whoever comes to pick up their copies first?
Regarding Wrex,
if you don't transfer a save, or transfer one where you kill Wrex, his brother replaces him.

K.Jack said:
Oh man I can't wait until Steam unlocks. My notebook can handle max details, 1080p, 30+ fps, so I'm good.

Remember like all UE3 games you'll be able to cap the framerate, so if you're not likely to hit 60fps, just cap it at 30fps and go crazy on the settings.

Ironborn

Banned
nightez said:
wtf? bestiality = fucking with animals
asari are on a human level of intelligence, you can't seriously compare hot shepard-on-asari action with some dude fucking sheep :lol

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Mindlog said:

Damnit mine still says Jan 26th but I havent gotten a confirmation that it shipped yet, it still says "Shipping Soon." If I dont get this game by 3pm tomorrow Im gonna have to cut a bitch.

kai3345

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
Regarding Wrex,
if you don't transfer a save, or transfer one where you kill Wrex, his brother replaces him.
But does the story of that planet change? Does
Wrex's brother
pretty much play the same role and does all of the same stuff that Wrex does?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
OMG Aero said:
I would rather have an Elcor with a cannon strapped to his back.

"Angry and Intimidating. Bitches better be ready. I am about to open up a can of whoop ass on all of you."

I'd thought I would add that it seems all the (freebie) DLC still works, it just wont show up in the initial DLC on the front menu. I know it's been confirmed, but at first I thought they might have locked it out. I have to say I'm surprised how powerful some of the armor is, it doesn't reek of freebie pre-order item.

I was wondering does anyone want to buy an Amazon standard edition for $58 bucks, free shipping (in the US with FCM) and I'll toss in the inferno code for nothing extra. Otherwise I'm just returning it to Amazon.

Oh I have a standard Arcade unit and use HDMI to my TV for video and audio. What is the cheapest audio cable that works with optical hookups (3rd party is fine)? I miss 5.1 gaming on the 360. The Xbox was actually the first system I had with 5.1, and its weird playing next gen games on two channel stereo.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom