• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Yo

Banned
Alright I'm frantically trying to reach level 60 before tomorrow. About that XP glitch at the dig site, does anyone know if the amount of XP rewarded each time scales higher each time you level up, or will the amount stay the same relative to the level you first started using the glitch at?

Thanks.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dan Yo said:
Alright I'm frantically trying to reach level 60 before tomorrow. About that XP glitch at the dig site, does anyone know if the amount of XP rewarded each time scales higher each time you level up, or will the amount stay the same relative to the level you first started using the glitch at?

Thanks.
I think I heard someone say it maxed out at 1k.

Caspel said:
hey guys, I am about to be giving away 10 Mass Effect t-shirts (most likely N7) at my publication. Who's interested? PM me.
GZO Twitter again?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I want to say this about Mass Effect 2 that I didn't put in my review...

Not enough Elcor, Volus and Hanhar love. When are they going to get the spotlight?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dan Yo said:
So the amount of XP gained should continue to increase as I level up, correct?
How much are you getting now? If its 1k then I guess it doesn't ramp up and if its not I guess it does. Either way its gonna take forever for lv 60 when you're only getting 1k every time you do it.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Killthee said:
I think I heard someone say it maxed out at 1k.

GZO Twitter again?

Maybe. Not exactly sure on how I will be approaching this one since we have so many other contests running on Twitter (Darksiders signed posters, Dragon Age signed books, GTA shirts, Darksiders shirts, Dragon Age blow up swords, and a handful of others).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Caspel said:
hey guys, I am about to be giving away 10 Mass Effect t-shirts (most likely N7) at my publication. Who's interested? PM me.

:O, Do want.

Ephemeris

Caspel said:

Not enough Elcor, Volus and Hanhar love. When are they going to get the spotlight?

that's a pity. Though I think I saw an Elcor
bouncer
during my brief playtime.

Dan Yo

Banned
Killthee said:
How much are you getting now? If its 1k then I guess it doesn't ramp up and if its not I guess it does. Either way its gonna take forever for lv 60 when you're only getting 1k every time you do it.
Haven't started yet. Was wondering if I should keep leveling up as high as possible before going there. If the XP awarded will eventually max out at 1k even if I start doing it at an earlier level, then I suppose I can just go there whenever.

So we can't explore planets anymore with vehicles? We have to wait for a DLC for one of the most anticipated features of Mass Effect 2 ( improved planet exploration) ?

Got damnit, is there a level cap for your first playthrough in Mass Effect 1? I just started doing all my quests with my old saves and I am not getting any more XP now that I am level 50. I should have started a new playthrough, damnit.

Caspel said:

:(

That's disappointing. Hopefully Mass Effect 3 will give them more love.

Sai

Killthee said:
Huh?

2w7rgd1.jpg

That's my Amazon CE order and it still says "Delivered by the 26th"....
Same. Though for some reason, it won't show up on my recent orders, have to do a bit of extra digging to find it.

[EDIT] - Now I understand why. The order, based on when it was placed, isn't exactly "recent" anymore. >_> Stupid oversight.

Daft_Cat

VindicatorZ said:
So we can't explore planets anymore with vehicles? We have to wait for a DLC for one of the most anticipated features of Mass Effect 2 ( improved planet exploration) ?

Correct. Vehicle exploration is replaced by a planet scanning mini-game; the end result of which basically teleports you to anomalies and side-missions.

We don't really know yet how Bioware will implement vehicle exploration yet. Logically, it seems the DLC will either come with vehicle exclusive planets, or it will add vehicle sections that you can scan and travel to in the preexisting planets.

Dan Yo said:
Haven't started yet. Was wondering if I should keep leveling up as high as possible before going there. If the XP awarded will eventually max out at 1k even if I start doing it at an earlier level, then I suppose I can just go there whenever.
if you try this and it works good, i want details. im on the fence about trying a new campaign to get to 60 or just living with 45 on the character i got.

VindicatorZ said:

People whined and complained that the ME1 planets were all "cookie cutter" and pointless, so they took them out. Now people are complaining about the scanning.

I personally liked them and the Mako (people didn't even learn how to zoom before complaining about it), but I didn't have a lot of the unrealistic expectations most people had for the explorable planets. Many people expected them to be fully featured worlds like the other main planets. Granted, a lot of the pre-release hype was to blame, because it made it sound like the planets would be more than we got.

cresto

I remember somebody posting up save games to a webpage, but is that only for PC users? Is there anyway to put those on your 360? I hope so!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ergo said:
I remember somebody posting up save games to a webpage, but is that only for PC users? Is there anyway to put those on your 360? I hope so!

Well I hate to dash your hopes but.........no.

I'm sitting here with a $25 Amazon gift card willing to put it towards the collector's edition and they're still sold out. I wonder when they'll get more...

Zeliard

The combat in ME2 is so much better than in ME1 in terms of the feel and responsiveness of the gunplay, that outside of some of the obvious shared elements with the first game, it almost feels like that aspect of it was designed by a different team.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't pre-load my Steam copy. :(

stupid Australian store. we still have exactly three days to go.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Caspel said:

When are we gonna see turian females, or are they gonna have to find a clever excuse to not have to do multiple models like with Salarians and Krogans. Though they would probably just solve it by putting boobs on them. Old alien sci fi cliche.

But yes we need more of all three. Even if they are just non party ship crew or something.

Secret_Riddle said:
Correct. Vehicle exploration is replaced by a planet scanning mini-game; the end result of which basically teleports you to anomalies and side-missions.

We don't really know yet how Bioware will implement vehicle exploration yet. Logically, it seems the DLC will either come with vehicle exclusive planets, or it will add vehicle sections that you can scan and travel to in the preexisting planets.

Sounds very dissapointing. I'm surprised none of the reviews I have read have mentioned this. Reviews tend to completely gloss over things like this, and focus multiple paragraphs detailing specifics about battle systems.

I definitely enjoyed exploring with the Mako in the first game. It was the thing I was most looking foward to being improved in Mass Effect 2. Yes, the planets were cookie cutter layouts, but some of them looked beautiful, and just the thought of landing on planets and roaming them is exciting to me. I remember reading an interview with Casey where he talks about the Hammerhead, and how much they have improved planet exploration in Mass Effect 2. Then they go and make it DLC? Maybe too many people complained about the last game that they didn't want planet exploration to be a glaring flaw of the game if the planet exploration wasn't up to snuff.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GillianSeed79 said:
People whined and complained that the ME1 planets were all "cookie cutter" and pointless, so they took them out. Now people are complaining about the scanning.

I personally liked them and the Mako (people didn't even learn how to zoom before complaining about it), but I didn't have a lot of the unrealistic expectations most people had for the explorable planets. Many people expected them to be fully featured worlds like the other main planets. Granted, a lot of the pre-release hype was to blame, because it made it sound like the planets would be more than we got.

Cause they wanted better planet exploration, not a dumb, boring minigame. They didnt have to be full feature worlds, but something better than the homogeneous boring wastelands we got and more than the 3 small type dungeons. You could procedurally generate more interesting places. How about a fucking river?

hermit7

VindicatorZ said:
Sounds very dissapointing. I'm surprised none of the reviews I have read have mentioned this. Reviews tend to completely gloss over things like this, and focus multiple paragraphs detailing specifics about battle systems.

I definitely enjoyed exploring with the Mako in the first game. It was the thing I was most looking foward to being improved in Mass Effect 2. Yes, the planets were cookie cutter layouts, but some of them looked beautiful, and just the thought of landing on planets and roaming them is exciting to me. I remember reading an interview with Casey where he talks about the Hammerhead, and how much they have improved planet exploration in Mass Effect 2. Then they go and make it DLC? Maybe too many people complained about the last game that they didn't want planet exploration to be a glaring flaw of the game if the planet exploration wasn't up to snuff.

I thought it was going to be free for those that buy it new?

Red

VindicatorZ said:

The Mako was an unmitigated disaster. I know I'm not the only one glad to see it go.

In other news, my release day order from amazon still isn't shipped.

notworksafe

Checked at a few places while driving around today and I can't find a single Mass Effect Dr. Pepper!

Anyone in New Mexico (preferably Albuquerque area) know where I can find these?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zeliard said:
They're still around. There's one Elcor that acts as a
bouncer to a club

One has to wonder how that works. Elcor are big and strong but they also move carefully and slowly. How would they stop rough housers?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I thought it was going to be free for those that buy it new?

The Hammerhead, it's replacement, will be available for free through the Cerebrus Network sometime after launch, most likely within a week.

site for Mass Effect one completed playthrough saves said:
http://www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

This should probably be in the 2nd post of the OP for reference for PC players.

VindicatorZ said:

I enjoyed seeing the different terrains and moons and stuff too but wouldn't these new side missions at least feature some outdoor areas where you can get a sense of that anyway? That's really all I'd like. And the footage I've seen in the trailers (plant and animal life), it certainly seems like that stuff is in there.

cresto

Crunched said:
The Mako was an unmitigated disaster. I know I'm not the only one glad to see it go.

In other news, my release day order from amazon still isn't shipped.
I can't stand the mako missions from the first one. I spent more time driving around planets with nothing in them than any actual fun on the damn sidequests. SOOOOOO glad its gone!

Minamu

Hmm, I didn't just screw myself over, did I? :S I used my psn id to find my EA account info (for registrating the preorder bonus code) but when I was about to registrate the code, the page only mentioned my email address & my psn id. Nothing about my gamertag (and the site doesn't seem to have the option of linking my GT with the EA account anywhere) at all :( The code itself of course recognized itself as a PC/360 code though.

Edit: I'd like a tshirt but I'm in Sweden so no go?

Zozobra

ergo said:

Can someone direct me to the post or website with said game saves? I've tried multiple searches of the thread, but to no avail.

Minamu said:
Hmm, I didn't just screw myself over, did I? :S I used my psn id to find my EA account info (for registrating the preorder bonus code) but when I was about to registrate the code, the page only mentioned my email address & my psn id. Nothing about my gamertag (and the site doesn't seem to have the option of linking my GT with the EA account anywhere) at all :( The code itself of course recognized itself as a PC/360 code though.

If you didn't enter any code, you should be okay.

HK-47 said:
When are we gonna see turian females, or are they gonna have to find a clever excuse to not have to do multiple models like with Salarians and Krogans. Though they would probably just solve it by putting boobs on them. Old alien sci fi cliche.

But yes we need more of all three. Even if they are just non party ship crew or something.
i wanna see a krogan female. i imagine they're even more dominant than the males.

Caspel said:

Agreed. And how about some female aliens. The future seems to be one big sausage-fest with the exception of the clearly-female-but-not-really asari and odd female human.

Ceebs

Metroidvania said:
The Hammerhead, it's replacement, will be available for free through the Cerebrus Network sometime after launch, most likely within a week.

This should probably be in the 2nd post of the OP for reference for PC players.

Also this should shape up nicely for face codes. (Linked from the save site)

http://www.masseffect2faces.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom