• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Yo

Banned
Caspel said:
as others have mentioned, Grunt isn't as interesting as Thane, Mordin and a few other members, but he does have an awesome animation that has him celebrating. I believe most will find it humorous.
Do any of the male romance characters get kind of flirty with male Shepard? I had always thought there was something a bit off about Kaiden in the first game, until I had found out that he was meant to be the female Shepard's romance option, and then I understood.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
pahamrick said:
If the free DLC works for me, I'll pass along my Inferno code to you once Amazon decides to give it to me.

You're a champion. I'll bake you a cake, but I might have to eat it myself.

Samara

Alright, thanks for the answers guys. Not used to this whole dlc thingies. alright, since ephemeris pm'ed me for the code, Ill see tomorrow if i can give out either the rifle or the armor in the CE.

Dan Yo

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Couldn't those pics just be from someone who got the actual codes?

I guess we'll all find out at midnight.
There are people on other boards that say all the DLC works fine. I don't know how well you trust other boards though.

Ephemeris

Intro-only spoilers:

so your love interest is the one that appears with you in the beginning of the game? when I previewed I had liara, but a friend that got it early had Ashley..
What happens if you didn't romance anyone?

It's one of the best intros I've seen in a while, I'll tell you that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ephemeris said:
Intro-only spoilers:

so your love interest is the one that appears with you in the beginning of the game? when I previewed I had liara, but a friend that got it early had Ashley..
What happens if you didn't romance anyone?

It's one of the best intros I've seen in a while, I'll tell you that.

Doesn't the game automatically assumes between either
Ashley or Kaiden depending on what gender your Shepard is ?

glad to see the free DLC is working without cerebrus network. i was bummed when i'd heard it was useless without it.

if the DLC does work when i get the game, and MS doesn't rip them off our harddrives, i'll be having a terminus armor/gun and blood dragon armor code to give out.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BenjaminBirdie said:
Couldn't those pics just be from someone who got the actual codes?

I guess we'll all find out at midnight.
He had everything, including the Incisor Sniper Rifle. The Dr.Pepper Promo Codes aren't out yet and nobody outside BioWare knows what you have to do get the 360 version Incisor Sniper Rifle.

SPACECADET said:
glad to see the free DLC is working without cerebrus network. i was bummed when i'd heard it was useless without it.

if the DLC does work when i get the game, and MS doesn't rip them off our harddrives, i'll be having a terminus armor/gun and blood dragon armor code to give out.
I'll take the Terminus Gear if you don't want it. I still need it for the PC version (gonna pick that as soon as I upgrade my PC). I'll send you a 1 month live gold card for it if you want :D

Ephemeris

chandoog said:
Doesn't the game automatically assumes between either
Ashley or Liara depending on what gender your Shepard is ?

Both of us have Male sheps. I'm pretty sure that it's in reference to who you
gave the sweet space-loving
to. Anyone seen
Kaiden
in the intro?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ephemeris said:
Both of us have Male sheps. I'm pretty sure that it's in reference to who you
gave the sweet space-loving
to. Anyone seen
Kaiden
in the intro?

I'm sorry that's what I meant
Kaiden
if you are fem-Shep.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ironborn said:
damn it, i preordered the CEs of gears, mass effect, halo 3, gears 2 and fallout 3, and they were all plentiful
now is the first time i didn't preorder a CE i wanted, and it's actually limited??? OH WHAT THE FUCK, i hate this crap :lol

The Mass Effect 1 CE is limited. Check going prices.

This one, however? Probably won't be. It's still available at almost every online retailer except Gamestop and Amazon. Gamestop ALWAYS pulls the "sold out of the CE, shoulda pre-ordered earlier" crap. It's a way to get you into the mentality of pre-ordering earlier on everything you want. Amazon's stock always seems to fluctuate, and has been going in and out of stock for a while.

Ephemeris

chandoog said:
I'm sorry that's what I meant
Kaiden
if you are fem-Shep.

Ah.. I got ya.

Jtyettis said:
Exactly what I wanted to hear.
If you're disappointed I'll buy your copy of the game. *

*You'd need to send me $500 to arrange the polygraph test to prove you're telling the truth. :p

But jokes aside, if it doesn't get you hyped for the game, then I don't know what would.

Red

I'm getting nervous about my order with amazon- it's still listed as "shipping soon" even though I chose release date delivery.

Has anyone who pre-ordered at bestbuy.com gotten a shipment email yet?

I was promised release day delivery for my $5.99 and I'm getting a little worried...

Red

WhiskeyKnight said:

I was promised release day delivery for my $5.99 and I'm getting a little worried...
We can hold each other.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
WhiskeyKnight said:

A couple of people from the Hype thread who ordered from BB got shipment emails last Thursday.

SlickVic

WhiskeyKnight said:

BestBuy.com does Release Day Delivery like Amazon? Did not know that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
WhiskeyKnight said:

Yes. Mine shipped on the 22nd. Free shipping. I should be getting it today or tomorrow, based on the tracking. I'd give them a call.

Killthee said:
I'll take the Terminus Gear if you don't want it. I still need it for the PC version (gonna pick that as soon as I upgrade my PC). I'll send you a 1 month live gold card for it if you want :D
you got it. if everything works out good i'll PM you the terminus code later on.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hrm, to go to the midnight release or not, that is the question...

JKTrix

Preloaded on Steam a few days ago, and am about to finish ME1 for the first time (Just about to head to Ilos).

Was hyped to be playing this as soon as midnight struck, but I just found out that it's not gonna unlock on Steam at Midnight. Bummer.

Ephemeris

WhiskeyKnight said:

Crunched said:
We can hold each other.

How close are you guys to a BB?

Worst case scenario: it's not gonna arrive on launch day, but you roll into BB - buy it - and return the one you eventually get in the mail for a full refund.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Phloxy said:
Got my PC version today. Running the game at 60 fps 1080 16x aa buttery fucking smooothhh. Funny, part 1 one with same settings runs slower than part 2 with the same settings.
That's good to know, my new iMac should be able to handle it at 1080.

(why can't steam just release the game at midnight like you'd think they would?)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I hope either Microsoft or BioWare start to feel a bit guilty about this exclusive pre-order stuff and put them all up for a day or something, because I took a quick peek over on the official boards and a couple people there are pissed, like the rest of us understandably are.

Pankaks said:

You really asking that now when you're THIS close to the game?

GO!

JKTrix

Now that I thought about it for two seconds, I guess it's a politics thing. Throwing the retailers a little bone by not releasing the digital version at the stroke of midnight.

Still sucks for me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Skilotonn said:
You really asking that now when you're THIS close to the game?

GO!

I'll be a zombie when I walk in to my 8AM class on Tuesday :lol.

JKTrix said:
Now that I thought about it for two seconds, I guess it's a politics thing. Throwing the retailers a little bone by not releasing the digital version at the stroke of midnight.

Still sucks for me.

I was just looking at game.co.uk and their digital release and it says they will send you the activation code at 1 minute past midnight which is good of them, obviously we europeans get it 3 days after america so no use to you :(

hermit7

Pankaks said:

Who cares if you'll be a zombie. Play all night until class, come back afterwards and crash.

Its the only way to go.
I have class at 1:30 PM so I am set for my evening

TimeLike

MirageDwarf said:
So free DLCs work. FUCK YEAH!!! :D

This shittacular UI element better get patched.
It's really not that bad. It doesn't get very veiny until you're about dead anyway. I play on normal and hardly ever see those veins.

Foil

Skilotonn said:
I hope either Microsoft or BioWare start to feel a bit guilty about this exclusive pre-order stuff and put them all up for a day or something, because I took a quick peek over on the official boards and a couple people there are pissed, like the rest of us understandably are.

At the very least they could add the items to the marketplace at some point. Those who jump through all the ridiculous "pre-order/buy this!" hoops get them for free, while other people can atleast buy them off the store. Maybe make it a DLC pack or something.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
JKTrix said:
Preloaded on Steam a few days ago, and am about to finish ME1 for the first time (Just about to head to Ilos).

Was hyped to be playing this as soon as midnight struck, but I just found out that it's not gonna unlock on Steam at Midnight. Bummer.
Yeah I hate that. Especially when there are midnight launches everywhere.

nightez

Banned
I just saw the infamous shagging videos on Youtube. I wonder how this series gets away with bestiality. Its immoral to bed someone of a different species. Yet GTA got so much flack and attention for the Hot Coffee mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom