• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one time im broke to the point where I literally cannot afford food let alone a game and it has to be ME2. I may have to resort to asking the girlfriend is she can loan me some cash till I get paid Friday.

I thought I could hold off for a few days but after seeing the launch trailer along with previews & reviews i'm crazy hyped. damnit.

Dries

Sigh... I'm too weak I guess.. For weeks I've been telling myself that I'm not gonna start ME2 until I finish Dragonage. And now after reading this thread I decided in 15 minutes that ME2 is coming in right away.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Dries said:
Sigh... I'm too weak I guess.. For weeks I've been telling myself that I'm not gonna start ME2 until I finish Dragonage. And now after reading this thread I decided in 15 minutes that ME2 is coming in right away.

I really wanted to like Dragon Age more than Mass Effect 2, but I don't. Everything is so well done in ME2. Dragon Age had some real issues with pacing, and some down right fucking TERRIBLE parts (I'm looking at you Fade). I hate to say it, but I'm betting the Dragon Age expansion is better than the main quest.

What I'm saying is, play Mass Effect 2. Dragon age can wait.=P

Amazingly, GameFly actually sent this out to me already. Looks like it will be all Mass Effect all the time at night and this weekend. What are you guys clocking in at for hours after completing the story?

Shinjitsu

Banned
CoachKevin said:
Amazingly, GameFly actually sent this out to me already. Looks like it will be all Mass Effect all the time at night and this weekend. What are you guys clocking in at for hours after completing the story?

I beat my first run in about 40 hours.

Erebus

Truant said:
I experimented with all the different UE3 compability modes in nHancer. They are very different, I got from max 20 fps to a constant 60, depending on which mode I selected. I'll check exactly which one I went with when I get home.
Please do.

Also another question for people with nVidia gfx cards, have you run into any performance issues with the latest drivers?
I have a 8800GTS and I'm experiencing minor stuttering during gameplay and in-game cutscenes. While the frame rate is stable for the most part, there is a recurring stutter every 30secs or so that lasts for about 1sec and then things go back to normal.

Dries

Shinjitsu said:
What I'm saying is, play Mass Effect 2. Dragon age can wait.=P

Yeah I will, but I already put DA on hold one time so I could play Assassins Creed 2. Continued with it right after AC2 though. And now I'm putting DA on hold again, it feels like I'm cheating on it :lol The box is really staring madly at me :(

Naeblish

mescalineeyes said:
I damn the day I lost my Mass Effect 1 save-game. The decisions BioWare assume are the exact opposite of what I've done.
Lol, you scared the shit out of me. I thought i had lost my saves becauses i sent my 360 to MS because of rrod some time ago. Then i remembered i kept my hd home, thank god :).

LCfiner

Dries said:
Yeah I will, but I already put DA on hold one time so I could play Assassins Creed 2. Continued with it right after AC2 though. And now I'm putting DA on hold again, it feels like I'm cheating on it :lol The box is really staring madly at me :(

Man, I did the same thing. AC2 totally cut into DA time and now, boom, ME2 is here so fast.

Kinda wish I had more time to play games these days. stupid work that allows me to pay for them >_>

Dries

LCfiner said:
Man, I did the same thing. AC2 totally cut into DA time and now, boom, ME2 is here so fast.

Kinda wish I had more time to play games these days. stupid work that allows me to pay for them >_>

I know right? I feel bad for DA :lol But it's a great game and I know that I will continue it.

right?
Perfect Dark Arcade, Splinter Cell, FFXIII, Mafia 2, Red Dead Redemption..

Seriously? What the fuck is going with Q1 2010?

Ephemeris

Silicon Knight said:
CE guide ordered!

51BbrpvJRqL.jpg
That looks pretty good. Considering picking it up.

ElyrionX

I'm Level 47 at the end of the game in ME1. Is it worth my time to go back and get it up to Level 50 just for the bonuses in ME2?

ElyrionX said:
I'm Level 47 at the end of the game in ME1. Is it worth my time to go back and get it up to Level 50 just for the bonuses in ME2?

I'd say not. It's just going from level 2 to level 3, it won't matter after a couple of hours.

Coxswain

Holy shit, they actually really nailed the combat gameplay. That's, by my standards, a Bioware RPG first, and off the top of my head only the second WRPG I'd say that about.

Gattsu25 said:
And let the personally-lacking Carth Onasi survive?

Yeah, quite. I saved Ashley because she was really well written, and I want to see where her story takes her. I didn't save Kaiden because I couldn't cope with his utterly abundance of BLAND.

Ephemeris

Well i'm off to grab my copy. Not that I couldn't trust Amazon, but my UPS driver comes by at like 7pm all the time.

Too late for my tastes. >_>

Zinga

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
And let the personally-lacking Carth Onasi survive?

Bioware made it easy for me in the first one to get rid of Kaiden, I was unable to connect with his character on any level whatsoever.

Anyone from the US want to buy me this on Steam? I'll pay you back, of course. Help an Aussie out?
Fuck me, if they've nailed the combat on this game I'm ecstatic. I pretty much hate it in ME1, which I'm playing through now. Oh and Garrus with a non-busted face in the PC version? Yes please.
If anyone can help me out, please let me know.

I know this is a Mass Effect 2 thread, but in preparation for 2, I'm replaying the first one on Steam. Question, are the ME DLC (Bringing down the sky & Pinnacle Station) compatible with Steam? I don't see it for sale on the Steam store so I assume I need to buy it through EA or something?

Also does anyone know when ME2 will be officially "released" on Steam? I have it preloaded, I'm trying frantically to beat the first one before it's released!

Truant

Having finished the game, the only thing that really annoys me is the ammo. Way to piss all over the lore. They explain it in the game, I think, but it's weak.

It's also weak that Shepard knows about them when the game begins.

MisterAnderson said:
Question, are the ME DLC (Bringing down the sky & Pinnacle Station) compatible with Steam? I don't see it for sale on the Steam store so I assume I need to buy it through EA or something?

I can verify BdtS is compatible, the installer is automatic. Played through it with no problems. Don't have Pinnacle Station.

Castor Krieg said:
I can verify BdtS is compatible, the installer is automatic. Played through it with no problems. Don't have Pinnacle Station.

Is this the appropriate place to get it? (Steam compatible version with automatic installer) http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/galacticcodex/bringdownthesky_pc.html

I just want to make sure since after researching, when the DLC was released there was a huge issue of it corrupting Steam's ME installation files.

MisterAnderson said:
Is this the appropriate place to get it? (Steam compatible version with automatic installer) http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/galacticcodex/bringdownthesky_pc.html

I just want to make sure since after researching, when the DLC was released there was a huge issue of it corrupting Steam's ME installation files.

Yes, this is where I got mine. Follow the instructions and you will be fine. Played through it 10 hours ago, started another playthrough, never had any problems.

I just got ME2 and can't wait start but i am having problems importing my ME1 character. I completed ME1 three times and all the saves are on my hard drive but i keep getting no character data found in ME2. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ryu bogard said:
I just got ME2 and can't wait start but i am having problems importing my ME1 character. I completed ME1 three times and all the saves are on my hard drive but i keep getting no character data found in ME2. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Run ME2 config and select the folder where you store your ME1 saves.

MrCompletely said:
I'm just going to refer to this game as Mass Effect 11 for now on, because it feels like that much of a leap above the first one.

Goddamn. Consider me fucking hyped.

Edit: Not that I'm really complaining since I'm still trying to finish my ME1 playthrough, but I have ME2 preloaded on Steam and it's still not "released"? Why? Shouldn't one of the advantages of D2D be that it's playable right when it's released (ie: midnight)?

Lunchbox

Banned
easily GOTY

cant believe i have to go to class now :(

they should launch games during weekends, i hate getting an awesome game in the middle of a week

Dries

MrCompletely said:
I'm just going to refer to this game as Mass Effect 11 for now on, because it feels like that much of a leap above the first one.

Stop doing this. I need to stay functional at work.

Prine

Banned
I did not think they could top game of the generation Mass Effect 1. BUT THEY HAVE!

Arrggghhhh i got 1 more day to wait!

MrCompletely said:

Haha well it's much better that's for sure. I did not like ME1 very much, ended up only playing it for about 5 hours but ME2 I have already played for longer and it really just feels so much better.

This is my macho character, I made him to represent myself.

if0rpj.jpg

But God the lack of AA annoys me.

Plasma

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
Please tell me you're referring to the 360 version? Did they still not include options for AA in ME2 PC? No AA in ME1 is pissing me off.

You should be able to force it still like in Mass Effect 1.

Dries

Milk Lizard said:
Haha well it's much better that's for sure. I did not like ME1 very much, ended up only playing it for about 5 hours but ME2 I have already played for longer and it really just feels so much better.

This is my macho character, I made him to represent myself.

if0rpj.jpg

But God the lack of AA annoys me.

holy SHIT! Can you just dye your armor in any colour now? I didn't know this yet. Holy SHIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom