• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

Xamdou said:
When is the exact release date for ME3?
Not announced other than end of this year unless it gets pushed back to the next. Possibly October? It really depends on how holiday releases and EA's own release schedule line up.

scarybore

Nirolak said:
This is the ME2 thread, so in theory someone who hasn't played ME2 could come in and not want to know ME3 details.

I should probably go open another ME3 thread. Let me check if there are any more details first though.

Didn't Bioware mention
that the Virmire survivor would be in ME3 before ME2 was out, and complications would arise if you cheated on them? You never mentioned they were party members, which I guess would be a spoiler. :)

I'm being pedantic though. I think we do need another ME3 thread, just with less krogasms.

When is the exact release date for ME3?

I think this year is all that has been mentioned so far.

MaddenNFL64

We need a ME3 spoiler allowed thread, but anyway.

Just get your shit ready for ME3 everybody. Only thing I haven't done is a kill Wrex, romance no one, kill the council, have everyone but you die in the suicide mission fuck up of a game. Not interested in that. Done about everything else renegade/paragon you could do.

I want to see air quotes Turian dismiss this fucking claim, with Wrex laughing his ass off next to me, and Liara/Ash making me cookies. Do it Bioware.

MaddenNFL64 said:
Just get your shit ready for ME3 everybody.
Not likely. I am just going to play all three games in a row when it comes out.
Blue Ninja said:
I thought
he looked pretty much the same as before, except for his fancy new armor. Liara looks like she just walked out of Lair of the Shadow Broker.
Which brings up an interesting but completely insignificant point to think about.
Did Bioware design that outfit for Mass Effect 3 and just decided to include it in the DLC or was her design for ME3 not final until the DLC was made. Personally I think its the former, chances are they already had some art assets done and it was just something they could use to save time. Kind of like using the ME3 engine for the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2

MaddenNFL64

Lostconfused said:
Then you might want to look up some FAQs for it. Its kind of hard and annoying to get it depending on the class you play.

I kept running back & forth cloaked on my infiltrator, trying to get ammo for my damn sniper :p.

Blue Ninja said:
The scan that showed Ashley's new look had a "Characters BioWare says will playable to some extent"-category, which includes Garrus, with a note saying "If he survived ME2". So yeah, pretty much. Ashley, Kaidan and Liara are also found in that category.

It's awesome that the ME team is being consistent with our choices(at least in terms of returning characters) DA team could learn a thing or two.

Reading through the all the cerberus daily news entries is more entertaining than I could have expected. Its pretty much everything that I wanted from ME2 but didn't get from the game.

Edit: Oh and one of the entries hints at a possible thresher maw that's bigger than any other. Which might explain one of the spoilers mentioned in the ME3 reveal.

Reading about ME3 makes me want to buy the ME2 DLC now. I didn't get any of them beyond the Firewalker pack or whatever it was called...Hmmm, tough call.

ToyMachine228 said:
Reading about ME3 makes me want to buy the ME2 DLC now. I didn't get any of them beyond the Firewalker pack or whatever it was called...Hmmm, tough call.
At the very least pick up Lair of the Shadow Broker. It's exactly how DLC should be done.
The other mission packs are pretty good, and I enjoyed Kasumi + Overlord quite a lot.

Clott

ToyMachine228 said:

I save myself till all of it was released, and that turned out to be a great decision, It's like having a new 25% of the game unlocked. Worth every penny.

volturnus

Banned
Yoshichan said:
God damn these shitty confirmed characters. Shitty
Kaiden
to our left, shitty
Liara
to our right... give me Tali and Garrus, now.
I hope they are confirmed as squadmates, it would be nice to have a consistent squad through the whole trilogy.

X-Frame

I don't think that Shep will have all squaddies available for all of the game. I bet that it'll be sort of like a rotating wheel of squaddies that Shep can pick from at any given time. It'd be a way to integrate all the ME1 and ME2 ones that didn't die, without giving you like a 15 person crew.

Havok

X-Frame said:
I don't think that Shep will have all squaddies available for all of the game. I bet that it'll be sort of like a rotating wheel of squaddies that Shep can pick from at any given time. It'd be a way to integrate all the ME1 and ME2 ones that didn't die, without giving you like a 15 person crew.
I hate when RPGs do this. Tales of Vesperia gained all the hatred I had when the story took the only healer in the game away from me.

Alucrid

Banned
Havok said:
I hate when RPGs do this. Tales of Vesperia gained all the hatred I had when the story took the only healer in the game away from me.

Raven and Estelle healed. Plus, I never really found a need for one in that game. Carol could heal too iirc.

Havok

Alucrid said:
Raven and Estelle healed. Plus, I never really found a need for one in that game. Carol could heal too iirc.
It was when they took Estelle away that it got me. I refused to use Carol on principle because I couldn't stand him as a character, and yeah, I ended up relying on Raven.

But its the principle of the matter. I like having a reliable team of characters and taking them away are bad business :(

volturnus

Banned
X-Frame said:
The second game suggests in Garrus' description that his leadership abilities are being shadowed by Shepard, so maybe he'll receive some kind of big task to lead something after a major plot point.
Either that or some of the squadmates mentioned will die early.

DennisK4 said:
The Mass Effect 3 |OT| thread will have to be the most heavily moderated thread of all time. Of all time!
Yeah, I can see it getting crapped up really fast, I hope a story thread gets started right away to funnel some of that stuff there.

samdavis

Neo Member
Buckethead said:
I just beat Arrival. Wow what a ripoff. What is it, $5 for like 2 hours of gameplay? Max?

I'll take dem points though.

Shadow Broker was a lot shorter than I thought it'd be as well. I'm pretty sure that it didn't take more than 2.5 hours for me to beat. Maybe 3.

lethe

Gary Whitta said:
No, not really. I guess I can now I know that's what I'm looking for, based on the hair more than anything. It's a good piece of art, just doesn't look facially that much like Miranda to me.
It looks much more like Yvonne Strahovski, the actress, rather than Miranda.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I maxed out my infiltrator into an assassin but haven't received 70% paragon/renegade boost. Is it a bug?

subversus

ah, thanks.

I went to
Collector's ship at level 12
on hardcore and damn, that was intense. Ran out of ammo at the end.

Also Widow is a shitty sniper rifle.

So I've hopped on the PC partition of my MBP and after looking around for Bioshock (which isn't on here for some reason, I keep losing that file) I went over to the D2D website.

Long story short: Mass Effect 2 is available for $10 today. I'm tempted even though I have it on 360 and bought all the DLC for it there.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
CarbonatedFalcon said:
So I've hopped on the PC partition of my MBP and after looking around for Bioshock (which isn't on here for some reason, I keep losing that file) I went over to the D2D website.

Long story short: Mass Effect 2 is available for $10 today. I'm tempted even though I have it on 360 and bought all the DLC for it there.

One hell of a deal. An additional $2 off with the code SHOWERS.

I've been replaying ME1, it's amazing. Can't wait to replay ME2 as soon as I finish. I always enjoy a good ME binge.

Snuggler said:
One hell of a deal. An additional $2 off with the code SHOWERS.

I've been replaying ME1, it's amazing. Can't wait to replay ME2 as soon as I finish. I always enjoy a good ME binge.

I didn't post about the SHOWERS code since it said that didn't work with other offers. Didn't try though, so it might anyway.

CarbonatedFalcon said:

Fuck! It is a steal, really great price.

Sai

I'm having trouble registering at that D2D site. First there was something about an account error, then it couldn't save my card info.

Contacted customer service. Hope I don't miss out on this deal. I don't actually have a PC capable of running ME2 at the moment--but hey! It's cheap stuff!

[EDIT] - Seems like the site just wasn't playing nice with Chrome. Placed the order through IE, and everything went smoothly.

Grisby

Finished Arrival. Eh, it wasn't absolute terrible or anything. There some neat story moments and it had an interesting start for 3.

Couple things though. This should have been a lower price or even free. I believe Overlord and Kasumi were the same prices right? And they felt a lot longer to me. Also, if the end of this sets up ME3 directly then it should be available to all players.

Psi

Grisby said:
Couple things though. This should have been a lower price or even free. I believe Overlord and Kasumi were the same prices right? And they felt a lot longer to me. Also, if the end of this sets up ME3 directly then it should be available to all players.

They probably should have released it cheaper/free through the cerberus network much closer to ME3's release to build up hype.

Hey Collectors? You can suck it!

Hey Illusive Man? You can suck it!

Hey Harbinger? Suck it. You're next.

Hey Reapers? Drop on by, so I can kick your ass. Also, suck it.

FUCK YEAH!

I finished ME2.

It was glorious.

I'll DL Arrival after my finals though.

Also, can someone explain the
giant Reaper-Human Larvae thing? That is fucking weird.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Hey Collectors? You can suck it!

Hey Illusive Man? You can suck it!

Hey Harbinger? Suck it. You're next.

Hey Reapers? Drop on by, so I can kick your ass. Also, suck it.

FUCK YEAH!

I finished ME2.

It was glorious.

I'll DL Arrival after my finals though.

Also, can someone explain the
giant Reaper-Human Larvae thing? That is fucking weird.

take a look here <-end game spoilers

subversus

for fucks sake... I accidentally found a geth assault rifle on my third walkthrough and now I can't use it because it's not my character's weapon.

fffffffffuuuuuuu_1247433059273.jpg

Abylim

Just got my platinum.. Gotta say, insanity was pretty rough (The end boss was actually tough.. I'm sure I wasnt doing it right or whatever, but it took me about an hour and a half, and like 20 reloads) but it was worth it. This is definitely my game of the year (even though it came out last year for everyone else) I dont think I've been so blown away by a game before. I dabbled abit in ME1, and while I enjoyed it, it didnt grab me. I picked up ME2 when it launched, and instantly fell in love. I couldnt put it down, played through twice, then saw I was only one trophy away (Insanity) from plat!

So, weeks later, here I am, and thoroughly enjoyed. Also, going through again to make a male shep that gets with Ashley =).

After being so disappointed with DA2, I worry about whats in store for the third installment, but I think they treat the ME games differently (hopefully)

Sorry for my wall, TL:DR = loved the shit out of the game, got my plat and I'm still playing it. Good job Bioware/ME team! Cant wait for more ME!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Genjikage said:
(The end boss was actually tough.. I'm sure I wasnt doing it right or whatever, but it took me about an hour and a half, and like 20 reloads)
Wat, how?

He can be a pain in the ass to hit...but an hour and a half??

Just bring that nuke weapon or whatever it is and on normal you can almost 1 shot him.

Patryn

Yoshichan said:
Wat, how?

Yeah, what class were you playing and who did you bring along? I think most people find the end boss to be comparatively easy to some of the other encounters in the game, even moreso if you bring the Cain.

For instance, I beat the end boss in under 90 seconds my first try, and under 30 seconds my second time.

Patryn

subversus said:

Sarcasm, I'm guessing, but I literally saved all my heavy weapon ammo for the entire game for that one fight. One shot of Cain = 3/4 of boss health gone. Add some incinerate, stew for about 10 seconds, boss goes down easily.

I literally didn't realize
his weak point was on his chest
until the second time I fought him. And that time I had enough for 2 shots of the Cain.

That's how overpowered the Cain is.

Top Bottom