• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Keio said:
Started my Insanity run to get a "complete ME3 save file" importing my save from Mass Effect 1 and changing class to Soldier. Any major tips?

- I've gone for maximum health, shield & damage upgrades
- I spam Adrenaline Rush for headshots
- I bought all DLC to get the overpowered weapons
- Will get Krogan first and team him up with Miranda for a good mix of support powers

How tough will it be? I breezed through the first couple of missions (first colony and getting Mordin).

there will be a couple of ok missions but overall this will be breeze.

Keio said:
Started my Insanity run to get a "complete ME3 save file" importing my save from Mass Effect 1 and changing class to Soldier. Any major tips?

- Will get Krogan first and team him up with Miranda for a good mix of support powers

How tough will it be? I breezed through the first couple of missions (first colony and getting Mordin).

I think with the DLC weapons and armor you already have enough brute power, no need for Grunt to help you tank, I would get another member to help Miranda eliminate barriers/shields, Garrus is a good option, since sniper rifles are pretty awesome, also AI squadmates with the DLC sniper rifle are pretty deadly.

Anyway, I don't think you'll have much problems either way, DLC weapons are too powerful.

Keio

For a Finer World
Thanks guys. I mainly want to enjoy the story again, but Insanity was my choice as per the hints that you'd get something interesting in Mass Effect 3 if you did it. Has this been clarified anywhere?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Party members with Viper snipers can clear whole rooms by themselves if properly set up on Insanity. Zaeed and Garrus own Purgatory.

Gvaz

Banned
I much prefer all these games on the PC because of the KBM is leagues more accurate and responsive.

I never use the suit shortcuts though because I love pausing.

Also my computer plays this at max settings with forced maxed AA :\

McNum

So I'm not the only one replaying ME2 to get the file I want to play ME3 with? Just on Normal, though. Going to go mostly Paragon, I think, although now that I know which Renegade interrupts don't cause me to miss out on Paragon points, I'm allowing myself to take more of those. I also realized that there's one loyalty mission missing in the game, if every squad member is supposed to get one: Shepard has no mission of his/her own. But considering that my import went with Liara in ME1, I can just use LotSB as that. It's a better motivation than some of the other loyalty missions, at least.

Trying out an Infiltrator this time, it's surprisingly fun. I'm not that good at the cloak, I just pop it to get a critical hit off my sniper rifle, or to get out of a bad situation, is there anything I'm missing with it? Went with Flashbang grenades as my bonus power. They're fun. A little tricky to aim, though, as the autoaim on the powers doesn't consider chest-high walls. Kind of an oversight, I'd say. Also, does the Infiltrator have aim assist on the sniper rifle on the PC? I'm getting headshots that I could have sworn should have missed. On the other hand, I get misses that I was sure was a hit, so might just be human error. The slowdown on sniper-scope is pretty handy, though. A no recharge adrenaline rush lite. It might be a little bit overpowered, but sniper ammo is a concern to balance it.

lotrfan

Neo Member
UnluckyKate said:
So why did they need the Geth to activate the Relay on Ilos if they control where to put the Relays and when to use them ?
The relay on Ilos was needed to get to the Citadel so that Saren could manually open the Citadel for Sovereign to come in and take control of it. Presumably the relay in dark space could only connect to the Citadel.

subversus

Damn, I think I'll romance Liara again with my third Shepard. I wanted to do Jacob but he's so uptight that it makes me sick. Garrus is not an option, the drell is too melodramatic. It's a shame that you can't romance Samara in a normal way or Kasumi. Or Mordin Solus, at least he's fun to be around. And that's what girls like.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
McNum said:
So I'm not the only one replaying ME2 to get the file I want to play ME3 with? Just on Normal, though. Going to go mostly Paragon, I think, although now that I know which Renegade interrupts don't cause me to miss out on Paragon points, I'm allowing myself to take more of those. I also realized that there's one loyalty mission missing in the game, if every squad member is supposed to get one: Shepard has no mission of his/her own. But considering that my import went with Liara in ME1, I can just use LotSB as that. It's a better motivation than some of the other loyalty missions, at least.

Trying out an Infiltrator this time, it's surprisingly fun. I'm not that good at the cloak, I just pop it to get a critical hit off my sniper rifle, or to get out of a bad situation, is there anything I'm missing with it? Went with Flashbang grenades as my bonus power. They're fun. A little tricky to aim, though, as the autoaim on the powers doesn't consider chest-high walls. Kind of an oversight, I'd say. Also, does the Infiltrator have aim assist on the sniper rifle on the PC? I'm getting headshots that I could have sworn should have missed. On the other hand, I get misses that I was sure was a hit, so might just be human error. The slowdown on sniper-scope is pretty handy, though. A no recharge adrenaline rush lite. It might be a little bit overpowered, but sniper ammo is a concern to balance it.

You have to aim it like you are lobbing an actual grenade. It isnt instant.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
subversus said:
Damn, I think I'll romance Liara again with my third Shepard. I wanted to do Jacob but he's so uptight that it makes me sick. Garrus is not an option, the drell is too melodramatic. It's a shame that you can't romance Samara in a normal way or Kasumi. Or Mordin Solus, at least he's fun to be around. And that's what girls like.

I'm sure you'll manage.

Kaizer

Banned
Just the beat the game a few minutes ago, everyone survived so I'm feeling pretty awesome right now. I still have the Overlord and Shadow Broker DLC to complete, but it seems the consensus is The Arrival isn't worth the price so I'll skip it.

I hope ME3 takes some of the unusual directions that some of these DLC missions did... like Kasumi's loyalty mission is a heist, Liara's starts out as a criminal investigation and then has that car chase (which was awesome - ME3 also needs more banter in-mission, that was great in that mission).

Also finished Arrival. Not bad. Too bad about the
Batarians getting wiped out though. Surprised there was no other way out of that one.

samdavis

Neo Member
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
, Liara's starts out as a criminal investigation and then has that car chase (which was awesome - ME3 also needs more banter in-mission, that was great in that mission).

Besides the clunky controls, that and the scenery on top of the Shadow Broker's ship were two of the coolest moments in the series and like you said, I didn't see them coming at all. Is there like a quota of dudebro elements that must be implemented and then the devs get to throw in a few scenes of what the really wanted in the game?

If there actually is a ground level on Illium (or the Citadel should we go back), I really would love it if they'd let us do some mission in the actual cities, on the streets with flying cars whizzing by. Maybe not all out open-world, but think of what Kane and Lynch 2 (only played the demo) looked like when you were running through Shanghai after leaving the restaurant in the beginning. Imagine having to navigate through the hustle and bustle of the Citadel where all of the normal people hang out instead of taking cover, shooting, taking cover, shooting, etc., in one of the many nearly identical indoor environments.

Doodis

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Too bad about the
Batarians getting wiped out though. Surprised there was no other way out of that one.

I thought it was awesome.
They already hated humans, now in the third installment they will be truly piiiiiiiisssssed!

So... is there any way to have sex after the main story is completed?

I was going for Tali but I forgot to talk to her a few times and now she just tells me "I'll find a way for us to be together" blah blah blah.

I have no missions left to do either; 100% of disc and DLC.

Doodis said:
I thought it was awesome.
They already hated humans, now in the third installment they will be truly piiiiiiiisssssed!

Hahaha, it'll be a ridiculous all out war between the Geth, the Quarians, the Batarians, Humans, the Salarians, the Krogans, and then the Reapers will be laughing their guts out at it.

Onionkid

Just started again on a Mass Effect 1 save...dl'd from games on demand (which btw, I know that service gets flak but that was far too easy to order [especially if you get points for cheaper-than-market value]...if games like Just Cause 2 etc were 20 bucks they'd be insta-buys...yes, I'm THAT impulse gamer...)

Man, so I don't have my ME1/2 saves on my HDD anymore, but it knows to let me do Hardcore mode? Was that always available from the initial get-go or is that tied to my account? Oh well, Hardcore is much easier than I remember. Shotgun Soldier ftw!

subversus

how much renegade points do I need to initiate the final enegade dialogue in Ardat-Yakshi quest? I currently have 3 bars filled and my Shepard starts to look like the Terminator.

diffusionx

Gold Member
samdavis said:
If there actually is a ground level on Illium (or the Citadel should we go back), I really would love it if they'd let us do some mission in the actual cities, on the streets with flying cars whizzing by. Maybe not all out open-world, but think of what Kane and Lynch 2 (only played the demo) looked like when you were running through Shanghai after leaving the restaurant in the beginning. Imagine having to navigate through the hustle and bustle of the Citadel where all of the normal people hang out instead of taking cover, shooting, taking cover, shooting, etc., in one of the many nearly identical indoor environments.

That'd be rad but we're talking about the UE3 here.

McNum said:

Squad Warp Ammo is God Damn amazing. That is the bonus power that I use on my Infiltrator. Can't be bothered to use cooldowns on anything besides Incinerate or Cloak.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So on the PS3 version, during the comic, I picked that Ashley died. But when Jacob has me in the car he says that Kaidan died.

wat

If I uninstall ME2, all the DLC and then reinstall, will I be able to load up my last save without any problems?

Lair of the Shadow Broker is bugged for me; I only see flickering shades of grey when the
car chase
loads up, so I obviously can't continue playing. I can still see the text that pops up and the menu works fine, the sound works also.

I tried reinstalling LotSB yesterday but that didn't help. I'm going to download it again right now and see how that goes.

Jerk

Banned
GrandHarrier said:
Squad Warp Ammo is God Damn amazing. That is the bonus power that I use on my Infiltrator. Can't be bothered to use cooldowns on anything besides Incinerate or Cloak.

I am partial to the anti-armor ammo myself.

Fitz

RyanardoDaVinci said:
If I uninstall ME2, all the DLC and then reinstall, will I be able to load up my last save without any problems?

Lair of the Shadow Broker is bugged for me; I only see flickering shades of grey when the
car chase
loads up, so I obviously can't continue playing. I can still see the text that pops up and the menu works fine, the sound works also.

I tried reinstalling LotSB yesterday but that didn't help. I'm going to download it again right now and see how that goes.

As long as you make sure to backup your saves, they'll be in Documents/My Document then in the Bioware directory.

Well, that was a waste of time.

Re-downloaded Shadow Broker, got to the same part and it's still bugged. Uninstalled ME2; reinstalled the first disc, "Insert disc 2 pops up"; inserted disc 2... nothing happens. Had to cancel and reinstall disc 1 again; "Insert disc 2 pops up"; inserted disc 2... nothing happens. RAGE!!!

Reinstalled disc 1 for the 3rd time; "Insert disc 2 pops up"; inserted disc 2... it worked, yay fuck you bioware. :p. Reinstalled all the DLC and loaded up the game, got to the same part and...

STILL BUGGED! GGGRARAJAHHASJ >:[

Oh well, must be something with my PC and I don't care enough to figure out what it is. Now I'll definitely need a new PC to play through LotSB, Firewalker and Arrival before ME3 releases.

I hate computers.

McNum

GrandHarrier said:
Thanks for the tip, I respecced Shepard into Heavy Warp Ammo for the Suicide Mission and those Collectors just melted away. With a choice between Heavy Disruption Ammo and Heavy Warp Ammo, there's nothing I can't get bonus damage against. Add to that my new favorite toy: the Widow Anti Material Rifle. 14 shots, more than enough to kill anything that moves. Up to and including the final boss. Cloak, aim, shoot, smile, repeat. And I usually don't like sniper rifles, but this one is good.

Now it's time to wrap up the N7 missions, and of course finish Arrival. I think my Infiltrator could have a shot at the stealth achievement there. Then I'll back up the save and wait for ME3. That's just making a copy of the My Documents\Bioware folder, right? No loose ends hidden somewhere odd?

Got around to playing Lair of the Shadow Broker and The Arrival yesterday. Not bad. Worth the money. I'm glad the Shadow Broker was a race we've never seen before. Made it interesting.

Keio said:

Just make sure you recruite Samara before you do the damn Shadow Broker DLC...

I'm doing the Insane-Walkthrough as well atm and was planning to do it perfect and then use it for ME3, but now this fucking bug ruined it for me because I can't recruite Samara any more.

I'm really pissed. BioWare knows about this problem for months now and hasn't done jack-shit.

haha, i tried to start an Insanity playthrough but i just get constantly killed in the introduction mission helping Tali :D

this might not be suitable for me...

Walshicus

I was confused as to why Krogan characters kept talking about how Shepard had "a quad", until I remembered the dialogue about how Krogans had four testicles. So basically they've been saying that Shepard had balls.

Now I feel stupid for taking years to figure that out.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
TheExorzist said:
Just make sure you recruite Samara before you do the damn Shadow Broker DLC...

I'm doing the Insane-Walkthrough as well atm and was planning to do it perfect and then use it for ME3, but now this fucking bug ruined it for me because I can't recruite Samara any more.

I'm really pissed. BioWare knows about this problem for months now and hasn't done jack-shit.

Huh? I recruited Samara after the Shadow Broker DLC just fine.... What bug are you referring to?

Going through on Insanity right now, did this yesterday.

Shadow Broker Semi Spoilers.

Once Liara leaves the information to find Samara is on her terminal on her desk...

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I hope ME3 takes some of the unusual directions that some of these DLC missions did... like Kasumi's loyalty mission is a heist, Liara's starts out as a criminal investigation and then has that car chase (which was awesome - ME3 also needs more banter in-mission, that was great in that mission).

Also finished Arrival. Not bad. Too bad about the

Hell yea. I waited for a while but finally broke down and bought Overlord. Damn I can't understand why they took out the planet exploration from ME. Since I doubt we will ever see the surface of another habitable planet in our lifetime, it was great seeing their interpretation of said planets.

Now I can't wait to try LOTSB and Arrival. ME3 needs to go back to its roots.

Dries

Thinking about doing a renegade insanity run. Will I get any advantages If I beat it and import this save into ME3?

BigTnaples said:
Huh? I recruited Samara after the Shadow Broker DLC just fine.... What bug are you referring to?

Going through on Insanity right now, did this yesterday.

Shadow Broker Semi Spoilers.

Once Liara leaves the information to find Samara is on her terminal on her desk...
You can't access this information if you haven't spoken to Liara before she left!!!

This is a well know bug which BioWare hasn't fixed for months now although it TOTALLY crahses the entire game because you can't do the suice mission without Samara..

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/107/index/4719271/1

They now it for friggin months...

I can't believe my 60 hour playtrough is wasted.... I don't want to... My god... -.-

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Replaying, have a quick question.

After I recruit Legion, do I have to get ready for the suicide mission? I want him on my squad but I still have a bunch of loyalty missions to do.

Jhoan

Snuggler said:
Replaying, have a quick question.

After I recruit Legion, do I have to get ready for the suicide mission? I want him on my squad but I still have a bunch of loyalty missions to do.

No, you could do 1-3 missions before
the crew tells you to leave the ship while they do tests on the IFF core, after which you control Joker and the crew gets kidnapped by the Collectors which is when you should go do the suicide mission directly after that happens if you want everyone to survive.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question about the 360 version, is there a way to migrate your save game from the 360 and convert it so the pc version can read it? I was just wondering since I want to get the 3rd one on pc since my 360 is starting act funky again.

Farseer M

Neo Member
Hi, I have redeemed the PS3 code and downloaded the DLC just before the PSN went down. Without connection I cannot activate the DLC. Is it possible to begin the game and use the DLC in the same adventure when the PSN will go up again?

Mr_Zombie

Farseer M said:
Hi, I have redeemed the PS3 code and downloaded the DLC just before the PSN went down. Without connection I cannot activate the DLC. Is it possible to begin the game and use the DLC in the same adventure when the PSN will go up again?

Yes, it should be possible. After all, you can buy DLC long after you start the game and still use it.

Random question, but does anyone know if there are any ME2 character editors out there? I need to make a gif of Shepard with specific facial features at a certain point, but would rather use my existing save and not have to play through the game just to get there.

KarmaCow

lastplayed said:
Random question, but does anyone know if there are any ME2 character editors out there? I need to make a gif of Shepard with specific facial features at a certain point, but would rather use my existing save and not have to play through the game just to get there.

I don't think there is a face editor but you can replace your character's appearance with a new one using the save editor. Pretty sure you need to start a new file to get the new template though.

Top Bottom