• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Kyoufu

I laugh my ass off when a teammate fires a cannon at a Banshee that is blinking all over the place, only for it to whiff spectacularly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I laugh my ass off when a teammate fires a cannon at a Banshee that is blinking all over the place, only for it to whiff spectacularly.
This is the Vanguard charge working against you!

It sucks that she has a one hit kill grab move. Otherwise you could do a biotic charge dance with the Bashee.

Kyoufu

This is the Vanguard charge working against you!

It sucks that she has a one hit kill grab move. Otherwise you could do a biotic charge dance with the Bashee.

Yep
KuGsj.gif

On a side note, Asari flashsteps (evades) are amazing.

After going through 72 recruit packs, I managed to get 99% of the customization for the characters except for Human Male infiltrator. Also managed to get all weapons to X as well and a Drell Adept and a Turian Sentinel 2 times. Most of the time I kept on getting ammo and characters which I already fully customized. Strange that I only managed to get one attachment today from those 72 recruit packs.

Loving my Salarian Infiltrator with her Carnifex II with scope and high caliber barrel. Tears enemies apart with cloak added ontop on silver.

32 more common items to unlock...

Alucrid

Banned
Eh, Spectre pack gave me a Drell Vanguard and Drell Adept. GIVE ME MORE JAVALINS

I think I'm sticking with that sniper though, forget the black window and widow.

eek5

Even when you find a lobby with the right mix of classes and levels they can still fall on their face. One match we had a salarian engineer stand outside right next to his decoy every round. He had a mic and I told him to get inside but he refused. He would just get swarmed. On the 9th wave he didn't even press A; he expired in 9 seconds. I was pretty annoyed.

I left after the match ended and found this:
carr.jpg

If I didn't find sniping to be enjoyable I would've left. They were just sitting all the way in the back corner of the base with decoys right in front of them while I was in the room alone doing work. So weird. That's enough for me tonight :/

---

They have updated the announcement on the forums to state that next weekend you will receive rewards for promoting characters. Better get all your classes to 20!

Even when you find a lobby with the right mix of classes and levels they can still fall on their face. One match we had a salarian engineer stand outside right next to his decoy every round. He had a mic and I told him to get inside but he refused. He would just get swarmed. On the 9th wave he didn't even press A; he expired in 9 seconds. I was pretty annoyed.

carr.jpg

If I didn't find sniping to be enjoyable I would've left. They were just sitting all the way in the back corner of the base with decoys right in front of them while I was in the room alone doing work. So weird. That's enough for me tonight :/

---

They have updated the announcement on the forums to state that next weekend you will receive rewards for promoting characters. Better get all your classes to 20!

Yeah...for which consoles though? =\

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I lost connection on the extraction objective on silver after an intense wave 10... No XP, No credits. 2 wasted missiles. Fuck this shit.

Finding a good team on public feels like home. We stuck together and roflstomped four silver runs before bumping it up to gold, and would have finished that (Dagger/Cerberus) if the host hadn't disconnected in wave 10 for some reason. :( It was my first gold attempt too, with a Salarian Engineer. I felt I was being revived all the time in the first waves, but I got better at keeping my ass behind a thick wall and stripping shields like a champ as the game went on.

Holy crap Nemesis are nasty bitches on Gold. They suddenly leveled up from a mildly annoying distraction to god-mode snipers. Phantoms are about as evil as they always were - it's hilarious how the whole team unloads everything they have on them (starting with stasis) when they pop up.

X-Frame

Can someone who is a Drell Adept tell me if this is a viable build for Gold:

Reave: Radius, Damage Reduction, Barriers & Armor
Pull: Radius, Expose, Duration & Combo
Clusters: Force & Damage, Max Grenades, Shrapnel
Drell Assassin: Damage & Capacity
Fitness: Durability

Kyoufu

carr.jpg

---

Which weapon are you using? And is it a good idea to promote now or wait til next weekend?

Lima

Which weapon are you using? And is it a good idea to promote now or wait til next weekend?

He is most likely using the widow.

I got mine to 5 today and it starts to fucking rock. Can't wait to get it to 10.

Had a similar match just a couple minutes ago, only on silver though. Carried their asses with my salarian infiltrator and the widow. Sniping is fun!

Kyoufu

He is most likely using the widow.

I got mine to 5 today and it starts to fucking rock. Can't wait to get it to 10.

Had a similar match just a couple minutes ago, only on silver though. Carried their asses with my salarian infiltrator and the widow. Sniping is fun!

Widow is so slow though. I'm really hoping for a Black Widow. Maybe he's using a Shotgun? I imagine a charged GPS with cloak must tear shit apart.

140k points as an infiltrator is insane. Really insane.

kurahador

hmmm...i'm confused.

do we only get rewards when promoting characters during next weekend?

or you can just promote them whenever and will receive the rewards next weekend?

Alucrid

Banned
Widow is so slow though. I'm really hoping for a Black Widow. Maybe he's using a Shotgun? I imagine a charged GPS with cloak must tear shit apart.

It says 75 sniper rifle kills :lol

That said I went like 110k last night on silver as a Salarian Infil with a Javalin.

Alej

Banned
Drell Adept is not viable in any difficulty because your teammates will rage quit.

Don't understand why. I've begun to play multiplayer today with a drell adept that i found in my first recruit pack. So, Reave is excellent... Clusters too. And i'm already lvl12 in 2 hours of playing, it's awesome and no-ragequit until now!

(finished my insanity playtrough yesterday as an adept Sheppard)

Alucrid

Banned
Don't understand why. I've begun to play multiplayer today with a drell adept that i found in my first recruit pack. So, Reave is excellent... Clusters too. And i'm already lvl12 in 2 hours of playing, it's awesome and no-ragequit until now!

(finished my insanity playtrough yesterday as an adept Sheppard)

It's a joke since the sound of Reave is so goddamn annoying.

I can't wait to finish fucking Operations Raccoon City to get back to this game.

And no, Mass Effect 3 is just a better shooter than ORC. Not because I like the powers, or the co-op nature, it's just a better shooter. How the fuck did a game with RPG origins from an RPG (or former RPG) developer make a better online shooter experience than Slant 6. God that game is fucking horrible.

Coop can be fun at times...kind of sorta in that co-op kind of way. But yeah, wow. Can't wait to finish it and go back to making Reapers my bitch on Gold.

Lima

The fire rate may be slow but it syncs quite perfectly with the recharge rate of the cloak ability.

The black widow has 3 shots in the clip at level 1 but deals a bit less damage which often leaves enemies with 1 health bar on the higher difficulties unless you get a headshot.

And the regular widow is much easier to get...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Been playing Turian Soldier for a while... a life without Asari flashstepping is a life not worth living :(
Ugh. 66 Thermal clips, 66 Spec Ops, 40 Medi Gels, 3 Missiles.

They need to do another supply pack.

I'm the exact opposite. I've got close to 70 missiles and only 4 medi-gels.

All because of that bonus to medigel capacity. :/

Currently, the Premium Veteran pack is by far and away the best pack you can get. I get more actual shit (read: not consumables) from
It every time. 3-4 every time.

Alright, I'll just stick to that solely. I've bought like 20 Spectre packs and aside from a few characters, I get crap stuff.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Alright, I'll just stick to that solely. I've bought like 20 Spectre packs and aside from a few characters, I get crap stuff.

Yeah, I've pretty much steered away from Spectre Packs entirely because of the Premium Vet Pack.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

With Premium Veteran packs, you get 2 guaranteed uncommons and the chance for a rare (gold) is fairly high. I would pin it at 20-25%. And even still you likely get a weapon mod at the same time. Just overall the best pack if you want to round out your armory.

X-Frame

Anybody else get screwed by Spectre Packs but better luck with the Veteran ones?

I'm having good luck with the Premium Veterans Packs.

I have maxed out all Common Weapons and Mods, and am about halfway done with Uncommon's. I get a lot of gold character unlocks from the Premium packs as well. Maxed out the Asari Adept.

X3COel.jpg

Top Bottom