• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Kyoufu

To be fair, Gold isn't very friendly for 'godmode' Vanguards :D

It's not that. I am a godtier Spamhard but man it's so much effort tanking 4 primes and Pyros while the rest of the team jerks off/dies to rockets
LLShC.gif

My finger hurts from the biotic charge mashing lol

MY GOD, im having the MP match of my LIFE and the game freezes! FUUUUUUUUUCCKKKK!!! I was carrying a team of new players against Reapers! >B-O

SO FUCKIN PISSED RIGHT NOW.

Dorrin

I just tried out a Vanguard after having ignored them all along. These guys are no joke especially with the double Nova etc. Much different then the distance power using characters but fun.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I used to only play vanguard in 1. A very different class back then. I havent played Vanguard in 2 or 3.

Kyoufu

Hell no. The class didn't have charge back then and sucked ass. 2 and 3 I can agree on.

Did you not play it in ME1? With Singularity, it was a monster class.

Imagine the sheer amount of awesome when you throw a Singularity on one end of the room, lift a bunch of enemies on the other end and unleash a Carnage into a group of them that are suspended in the air, then Throw a lifted enemy into the sky for an instant kill.

Sucked ass? Nope.

Isn't the whole point of vanguard its charge? What did they have back then to make them special?

ME1 classes weren't really all that "special". You can be a beast with most of them, but when it comes to "fun", Adept and Vanguard are easily god tier in that game due to the control they had over the battlefield.

Biotics aren't as fun in this game. I'm struggling to level Adept because of it. :(

Haint

I read about the glitch elsewhere. I'm not going to risk it. Seems easy enough to spot who was using it if EA decides to start cracking down.

Real money and EA's bottom line is involved. If this is a clear and purposeful exploit, they'll almost definitely ban, rollback, or reset accounts. If it's not something that's going to be obvious to all players (i.e. one person can do it for an entire team), there's nothing they can fairly do about it beyond patching it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did you not play it in ME1? With Singularity, it was a monster class.

Imagine the sheer amount of awesome when you throw a Singularity on one end of the room, lift a bunch of enemies on the other end and unleash a Carnage into a group of them that are suspended in the air, then Throw a lifted enemy into the sky for an instant kill.

Sucked ass? Nope.

ME1 classes weren't really all that "special". You can be a beast with most of them, but when it comes to "fun", Adept and Vanguard are easily god tier in that game due to the control they had over the battlefield.

Biotics aren't as fun in this game. I'm struggling to level Adept because of it. :(

What? I love adepts. Throw Singularity on a group, send a Double Throw(at least in single player). BOOM. BIOTIC EXPLOSIONS AND BODIES FLYING.

Bisnic

Well yeah that's in singleplayer only. Doesn't really help me in multiplayer does it? :p

So? If you're going to compare to past Mass Effect games that were singleplayer only, might as well compare with singleplayer of ME3!

I still have fun with my Adept in multiplayer...when enemies dont have shields or barriers. :lol

eek5

Real money and EA's bottom line is involved. If this is a clear and purposeful exploit, they'll almost definitely ban, rollback, or reset accounts. If it's not something that's going to be obvious to all players (i.e. one person can do it for an entire team), there's nothing they can fairly do about it beyond patching it.
Basically if you fail a wave and then the next match the host quits, the game will switch hosts and restart on whatever wave you failed the last game regardless of whether or not you changed map/enemy/difficulty. It's possibly to accidentally wander into a game that met the conditions of the glitch but difficult to repeatedly play wave 10.

Wow, played gold earlier, Nover, Geth, it is quite insane how easy it is.

The setup was a Salarian Engineer put a decoy in the "street", then went back a bit. A Sentinel held the bottom room, and two other classes provided support on top of the main ladder, overlooking the street.

Did 3 straight full extractions with that setup, can't wait to abuse it tomorrow.

Lima

So I tried to get the Carnifex for like forever. Last 5 spectre packs I not only finally got it, but had it in every single pack.

DEAR GOD YES!

Having an incredible amount of fun with Krogan Sentinel. Shotgun with Melee boosting attachment + Tech Armor defensive boost + that heavy melee = DEATH AND DESTRUCTION. Less viable on higher difficulties, though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, I knew I was happy with getting the N7 Crusader from the Challenge package because it was the one weapon I wanted, but holy shit, I was only using it today with my Sentinel class from Level 1 again, and with the sweet precision zoom on it, I was literally one-shot headshotting Guardians through the slit in their shields from the other side of the map on Silver. A group of them spawned? Pop, pop, pop, pop.

It reminded me of the shotties in BF: Bad Company 2 with the attachment (same sights and all) that let you snipe across the map - the thing is a BEAST. And I have the Graal Spike Thrower III and Geth Plasma Shotgun II, two of the most fun weapons for me, but I love the Crusader because it's not only more accurate than the Graal (pin-point accuracy), but I won't find myself in the habit of charging shots - it's instant too.

impirius

Sorry I had to leave so soon... hogging the tv during a televised SC baseball game could be hazardous to my marriage. Definitely using my Engineer next time.

Bisnic

Are pistols that rare in packs? I'm still stuck with only the first one, which i forgot the name. At least its rank 5... :(

Lima

So I have the weirdest luck today. Just unlocked the black widow only to find out that it really sucks in mp. Well it doesn't suck, but the regular widow is still better for the infiltrator.

eek5

So I have the weirdest luck today. Just unlocked the black widow only to find out that it really sucks in mp. Well it doesn't suck, but the regular widow is still better for the infiltrator.

Way to rub it in. I've been trying to get the black widow.
LLShC.gif

Lima

Way to rub it in. I've been trying to get the black widow.
LLShC.gif

Well you have to be really good at getting headshots. So the black widow is more for the pc gamers I think. On the console I prefer the regular widow to kill people with shots to the body after quick scoping.

Bisnic

Well you have to be really good at getting headshots. So the black widow is more for the pc gamers I think. On the console I prefer the regular widow to kill people with shots to the body after quick scoping.

I love the Raptor, but that's mainly because im used to the slow motion on single player that is not present here for the stronger but much slower sniper rifles.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't understand why so many people idle in lobbies. It's infuriating trying to find a game.

X-Frame

I think it's pretty cool that the Brutes will be in short supply this weekend due to us slaughtering 3 million of them last weekend.

I wonder if that means we'll get more Banshee's though ..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How can one miss what one has never had?

But yes, I agree, text chat should be in the MP.

Yeah, I'd love text chat, especially since hardly anyone ever uses a mic (myself included). I prefer it over voice chat either way.

Anyways, I'll be on in an hour or two if any Origin peepz are looking for a partner.

eek5

I probably avg less than 20% HS w/ sniper rifle so I guess I'll stick with the Widow :/

Yeah, I'd love text chat, especially since hardly anyone ever uses a mic (myself included). I prefer it over voice chat either way.

Anyways, I'll be on in an hour or two if any Origin peepz are looking for a partner.

It's really mind boggling that it's missing from the game. I mean, something *so* simple, but so effective for communication. Would be such a great thing, just to be able to say "hey great job team" when surviving a hard ass wave. :/

I'll add you Snuggler, you're Snuggler666 right? I'm Bondskyfall. I'll be on shortly too.

Mane, I can't decide if I want to stick with my Turian soldier any more. In the demo, I played Engineer, and had a blast. So much so, that I replayed ME2 before ME3 for a third time as an Engi, and it was a great choice indeed. Overload is marvelous, and the drone is incredibly helpful when outnumbered or in need of a distraction. But for the full game, I tried my hand at Infiltrator and Soldier, and it's just...ugh I dunno. Ain't got much patience getting better with a rifle, even though I was pretty good/okay with it, and with soldier, the only thing that's impressing me is spamming the concussive shot. It does feel good. But nothing is comparing to Engi right now. :/

Top Bottom