• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

^Skin tone too? Mad jelly. I don't even have patterns on mine. :(

Yup. In fact, I am close to maxing out all of my characters -- except I still haven't gotten a Salarian Infiltrator. I didn't get one in the Demo either.

I am beginning to think I will never get him.

Kenaras

For the krogan sentinel's Rage, do I opt for health & shields, or Melee damage?

Rank 4 Durability, rank 5 Martial Artist. Rank 6 is personal choice, with Pure Rage more popular on lower difficulties and Fitness Expert more popular on higher difficulties.

eek5

Which weapon are you using? And is it a good idea to promote now or wait til next weekend?

Widow. I just snipe, step behind cover while reloading, cloak and snipe again. Energy drain (all damage perks) stuff with shields and then hit them. You can basically OHK rocket troopers, troopers. For Geth Hunters just wait until they uncloak, hit them with energy drain and hope that your teammate knocks off the last bar of shield then snipe them (don't bother wasting a sniper shot on it since it'll just hit off one bar of shield in gold). For geth pyros you can actually hit their head AND their tank if you aim it right. The widow pierces so you want to aim for their head and go t hrough the back for their tank. You can actually OHK pyros with full shields doing this.

For primes just aim for head always. It's actually better to cloak and move around front to get a headshot rather than just blowing a shot on the back. The difference is like 1 bar of armor compared to 3 bars.

Kyoufu

Widow. I just snipe, step behind cover while reloading, cloak and snipe again. Energy drain (all damage perks) stuff with shields and then hit them. You can basically OHK rocket troopers, troopers. For Geth Hunters just wait until they uncloak, hit them with energy drain and hope that your teammate knocks off the last bar of shield then snipe them (don't bother wasting a sniper shot on it since it'll just hit off one bar of shield in gold). For geth pyros you can actually hit their head AND their tank if you aim it right. The widow pierces so you want to aim for their head and go t hrough the back for their tank. You can actually OHK pyros with full shields doing this.

For primes just aim for head always. It's actually better to cloak and move around front to get a headshot rather than just blowing a shot on the back. The difference is like 1 bar of armor compared to 3 bars.

Can you do this (without Energy Drain of course) on Quarian? She's all I have :(

exYle

For Geth Hunters just wait until they uncloak, hit them with energy drain and hope that your teammate knocks off the last bar of shield then snipe them (don't bother wasting a sniper shot on it since it'll just hit off one bar of shield in gold).
If you're using a Widow, shouldn't the shot go through the shields anyways?

eek5

Can you do this (without Energy Drain of course) on Quarian? She's all I have :(

Find a lobby with engineers basically. Use your sabotage from cloak. Zoom in and find the best targets. Usually you'll want to grab primes and let the entire sabotage play out (it'll go for like 15 seconds the first time, 10, then 5) before you sabotage anything else. In open areas, rocket troopers are the 2nd best unit to grab. In tight areas pyros are really good to grab. Just make sure you take advantage of the entire time. Sabotaged units no longer get attacked for 8 seconds by other enemies so don't really want to spam it (which is why having a slower recharge widow isn't a huge deal)

Rocket troopers can be a bit tough; use your sticky grenade to knock off its shields then snipe it.

If you're using a Widow, shouldn't the shot go through the shields anyways?

On gold shields and health are seperate so you can do 10k damage to something w/ 1 bar of shields and they'll still have their health. I think right now my energy drain knocks off everything but 1 bar of shield from hunters. My widow shot knocks off about the same. It's better to wait for someone with an AR to ping it with a hit when I reveal it/it is shocked from energy drain rather than shoot, reload, and shoot again imo.

In close quarters against Hunters, I'll actually aim at them with my crosshair and let them shotgun me to reveal themselves. Energy drain them really fast and backpeddle then scope in and shoot them. Repeat. I've found that ED targeting is sometime finnicky and can miss stealthed targets so it's better to wait for them to uncloak even if it means you're going to temporarily lose your shields. The delay between shotgun shots should give you enough time to move back and energy drain and get some shields back.

this guy

Yup. In fact, I am close to maxing out all of my characters -- except I still haven't gotten a Salarian Infiltrator. I didn't get one in the Demo either.

I am beginning to think I will never get him.
Well I have a Salarian Infiltrator at level 20, so we're even.

Alucrid

Banned

You can hit them while cloaked all the time once you get the hang of it.

I love using my Krogan Soldier and Sentinel on Silver, but is it true that they are not good classes for Gold? They both have 1200 Health and 1600 Shield, so you would think they would be ok. Pretty lame if classes that just stay away from the battle are the only ones really competitive on Gold.

eek5

You can hit them while cloaked all the time once you get the hang of it.

In CQB it isn't worth it IMO because if you miss you'll get hit with a shotgun twice before you can energy drain again. Waiting for them to uncloak gets you a guaranteed energy drain which will allow you to snipe from safety, stagger them, then set up another safe snipe again.

I'm having good luck with the Premium Veterans Packs.

I have maxed out all Common Weapons and Mods, and am about halfway done with Uncommon's. I get a lot of gold character unlocks from the Premium packs as well. Maxed out the Asari Adept.

X3COel.jpg
I maxed out the Asari Vanguard but i cant remember being able to add those lines to the face. Are those Adept only?

Firebrand

Just made the jump to Silver. It's difficult for sure, but a lot more fun.

What should I be buying with my credits, Veteran Premium or Spectre? I mostly need GUNS right now.

EDIT: Oh, this was talked about on the previous page. Maybe I should stick to Veteran premium but it's so nice to see those GOLD items.

Alucrid

Banned
In CQB it isn't worth it IMO because if you miss you'll get hit with a shotgun twice before you can energy drain again. Waiting for them to uncloak gets you a guaranteed energy drain which will allow you to snipe from safety, stagger them, then set up another safe snipe again.

Oh, yeah, in close quarters, but they usually uncloak mid-range ish anyways. If I see them far away though I'll spam it till I hit them, unless there's another unite near it.

I just unlocked the geth shotgun, what's the general use for it?

Also back to 3/6 maxed. Going to do vanguard, soldier and relevel my Sentinel.

Kyoufu

Find a lobby with engineers basically. Use your sabotage from cloak. Zoom in and find the best targets. Usually you'll want to grab primes and let the entire sabotage play out (it'll go for like 15 seconds the first time, 10, then 5) before you sabotage anything else. In open areas, rocket troopers are the 2nd best unit to grab. In tight areas pyros are really good to grab. Just make sure you take advantage of the entire time. Sabotaged units no longer get attacked for 8 seconds by other enemies so don't really want to spam it (which is why having a slower recharge widow isn't a huge deal)

Rocket troopers can be a bit tough; use your sticky grenade to knock off its shields then snipe it.

Excellent advice, thanks. I've been syncing Widow shots with Sabotage while in Cloak. Geth didn't stand a chance. Though I think I spec'd wrong. Don't have enough weapon damage bonuses.

Still, managed 60k points. Not bad for a noob Infiltrator.

Mindlog

You let me down again forum. Ultralight Materials 5 for SMGs is broken. It doesn't do anything.

On the one hand, that sucks. I'll have to stop using the Hornet on some characters.
On the other hand, good. Now I have an excuse to use another mod on my Tempest. The Tempest is great.

All my characters are at 20. I hope the promotion bonuses are good.

Alucrid

Banned
You let me down again forum. Ultralight Materials 5 for SMGs is broken. It doesn't do anything.

On the one hand, that sucks. I'll have to stop using the Hornet on some characters.
On the other hand, good. Now I have an excuse to use another mod on my Tempest. The Tempest is great.

People use SMGs?

Kenaras

Yes, I mentioned this the last time someone mentioned Ultralight Materials.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36263553&postcount=4679

Serious

DCed with 14 seconds left on the extraction wave on a silver Reaper game. no credits, XP, no nothing.

I get that Bioware is trying to discouraging quitting, but they couldn't have come up with a system that doesn't also fuck over regular people? They couldn't have at least gave me half my earned credits/XP or something along those lines?

Fuck, just too frustrated with this.

Also, I'm pretty sure all Ultralight Materials are broken. I only have ULM I and there's no difference to my recharge time with my Hornet.

RS4-

Ugh, pretty sure the only gold I haven't done is Glacier and my last game was wave 10 against Cerb and we died to a ton of atlas's and banshees. Was annoying that one of the objectives was in a hall with an atlas sitting outside of it as I hacked and he'd continually stagger me every time I was close to completing it. That lost time ended up killing us as we only had one left.

And team mates refusing to use their missiles.

Tips on which race I should cherry pick for Glacier?

TheExodu5

Banned
I love using my Krogan Soldier and Sentinel on Silver, but is it true that they are not good classes for Gold? They both have 1200 Health and 1600 Shield, so you would think they would be ok. Pretty lame if classes that just stay away from the battle are the only ones really competitive on Gold.

IIRC, a lot of attacks in the game are percentage based so the added shields/health don't mean much.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still not sure about my salarian engineer setup. Any tips?
If you're doing Geth gold, you want to have energy drain specced for synthetics and decoy specced for duration.
Max out incinerate for damage - especially for armor because of the Geth Primes and then it's up to you to decided how you want to balance Salarian Operative and Fitness. (I went 5/3).

Mindlog

Yes, I mentioned this the last time someone mentioned Ultralight Materials.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36263553&postcount=4679
Kenaras redeemed. Everyone else to the gulag.

In related news:
Random multiplayer into a gold/cerberus/dagger map. Nice.
2 Drell Adepts and an Asari Vanguard. Not bad. I switch from Salarian Infiltrator to Asari Adept for maximum BioBombs.
Drells spam pull on Atlases. Aneurism.

Please Drells. Always spam Reave.

X-Frame

Reapers Silver seem even harder now that BioWare simply replaced the puppy dog Brutes with Banshees. Wtf?

That's our reward?

GSR

EA's servers don't seem to play well with my university for some reason; I've found hard to connect to games the past day or so, and even when I'm in I get DCed fairly fast. Disappointing.

eek5

I wish SMGs were good in this game :(

I think one of the problems is how damage is dealt in the game. If it had damage drop offs like other FPS, you could just frontload the damage in close range and then have a massive dropoff at mid range to balance it out. Because damage is always constant, I don't see how they can really balance the SMGs

Lima

So I was just in this game where the guy tells me that I completely fucked up my asari adept by putting points in stasis and instead I should have put the points in fitness... yeah the small health boost is gonna do shit for you while stasis is something that is actually useful.

Some people in this game...

X-Frame

So I was just in this game where the guy tells me that I completely fucked up my asari adept by putting points in stasis and instead I should have put the points in fitness... yeah the small health boost is gonna do shit for you while stasis is something that is actually useful.

I'm considering this build:

Stasis: (1), (2), (3)
Warp: (1), (2), (3), Detonate (4), Expose (5), Pierce (6)
Throw: (1), (2), (3), Force (4), Detonate (5), Force & Damage (6)
Asari Justicar: (1), (2), (3), Damage & Capacity (4), Power Damage (5)
Fitness: (1), (2), (3), Durability (4), Shield Recharge (5), Fitness Expert (6)

I mainly perform biotic explosions over and over again. I rarely use Stasis unless it's for a shielded enemy that is immediately threatening me (otherwise I'll still use a biotic explosion) or a phantom.

I'm trying to justify putting all the remaining points into Stasis for Bubble or max out my health/shields.

Then again, I survive just fine with a competent team as a Drell Adept and they have pathetic health and shields so with that I am trying to justify the extra health/shields when I could max out Stasis ..

Decisions decisions ..

eek5

I hate people that tell you how to play the game lol. I just mute my mic then leave after the match

Lima

I'm trying to justify putting all the remaining points into Stasis for Bubble or max out my health/shields.

Then again, I survive just fine with a competent team as a Drell Adept and they have pathetic health and shields so with that I am trying to justify the extra health/shields when I could max out Stasis ..

Decisions decisions ..

Well I only use the stasis bubble as a backup for those hectic situations when you just wanna take some enemies out of the fight.

Now even with all the points in fitness, you still have to play very carefully and take a lot of cover. Once you get the carnifex to level 7 or 8 I would leave the last rank of asari justicar and put 3 points in fitness to get a small boost.

Vire

What an idiot. Stasis bubble is one of the most useful skills in the game. (AKA Phantom destroyer.)

Don't mind him.

_woLf

I still don't get how people could survive gold or even silver level challenge.

My teams usually have a pretty tough time just getting through bronze. 1-9 is fine, 10 is killer, and 11 is tough when the evac is in a super close quarter area that happens to have both a brute and banshee in it....

edit: I keep buying those 33000 credit premium packs and I keep getting absolutely nothing good from it. No good weapons, no new characters, sigh...

Hahaha. The only way to fuck up the Asari Adept is by not having the Stasis Bubble. It is literally the best ability in the game.

Kenaras

If you want more points for Fitness, you should skimp on Asari Justicar, not Stasis. Your main source of damage is biotic explosions, and the power damage bonuses from Asari Justicar don't affect those. 6/6/6/0/6 is a viable max-Fitness build, but ideally you'd have a Phalanx X for that. I use 6/6/6/4/4.

X-Frame

If you want more points for Fitness, you should skimp on Asari Justicar, not Stasis. Your main source of damage is biotic explosions, and the power damage bonuses from Asari Justicar don't affect those. 6/6/6/0/6 is a viable max-Fitness build, but ideally you'd have a Phalanx X for that. I use 6/6/6/4/4.

Why wouldn't the power damage bonuses not affect explosions?

Kenaras

Why wouldn't the power damage bonuses not affect explosions?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/9822648#9823097

"Power bonuses from gear and passive powers (like +10% power damage) do not affect power combos; however, power combos do what we call "normalized" damage, meaning they scale with enemy health. So even on the hardest difficulty where enemies have more health, the power combos still do the same % damage to the enemy.

This makes them scale really well with difficulty, which makes up for them not scaling in other ways like getting power upgrades from other sources."

X-Frame

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/9822648#9823097

"Power bonuses from gear and passive powers (like +10% power damage) do not affect power combos; however, power combos do what we call "normalized" damage, meaning they scale with enemy health. So even on the hardest difficulty where enemies have more health, the power combos still do the same % damage to the enemy.

This makes them scale really well with difficulty, which makes up for them not scaling in other ways like getting power upgrades from other sources."

Damnit!

Now I need to promote my damn Adepts again. SHIT.

So I assume that Power Damage is only for classes that deal direct damage via only 1 power and not with the intent of performing a power combo. Interesting.

eek5

I like how they balanced Krogans not being able to roll by making them stagger way more easily than other races. /s

Geth prime hits you once and all that health and shields you have is pretty much gone because you can't even move anymore. Other races (except Turians) can just roll/dash away

So dumb

Top Bottom