• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Abylim

Help me, Gaf!
My friend and I were playing fine, we were both playing in the same house on my connection. Now we cant join eachothers games. We can host or join anyone elses game, but not our own. So he cant join mine, I cant join his. He went home, and we can join eachother again. Any ideas? We played fine together for two weekends, now all of a sudden we cant join a single game, over the course of 2 days of trying =\

I like how they balanced Krogans not being able to roll by making them stagger way more easily than other races. /s

Geth prime hits you once and all that health and shields you have is pretty much gone because you can't even move anymore. Other races (except Turians) can just roll/dash away

So dumb

+ no regenerating health

Turians are probably the worst though, which sucks, cause I love me some Turian.

eek5

+ no regenerating health

Turians are probably the worst though, which sucks, cause I love me some Turian.

Yeah I was trying to level Sentinel for next weekend's promotion. Started with Turian and it was OK but then I speced out a Krogan basically to be a tank w/ tech armor. It's fun using widow/geth shotty but it doesn't seem very viable in Gold at all. Everything staggers you and you just get wrecked. Those classes need a buff imo. Not having roll is a huge disadvantage considering 2 of the enemies have units that can OHK you and getting another 600 shields or whatever does not offset it at all especially with all the other disadvantages they throw in.

Decoys last longer than I do in gold D:

Kyoufu

I like how they balanced Krogans not being able to roll by making them stagger way more easily than other races. /s

Geth prime hits you once and all that health and shields you have is pretty much gone because you can't even move anymore. Other races (except Turians) can just roll/dash away

So dumb

I'm telling you man, Krogan Vanguard.

So I just experienced the joys of host Vanguard.

Even with decent teammates (which makes a nice change), I managed to net 125K in a silver game.

Ridiculous.

X-Frame

?

It says it in the lobby. The "leader" is the host.

But the Leader can be the last person left over from the previous round correct? If 3 other people with better connections join after, the left-over player is still the host?

I figured it would automatically select the best host before the match started, not in the lobby ..

Xevren

But the Leader can be the last person left over from the previous round correct? If 3 other people with better connections join after, the left-over player is still the host?

I figured it would automatically select the best host before the match started, not in the lobby ..

Host never changes (except when it says it's migrating when the previous host leaves), the lobby system in the game isn't the best.

Ties

Banned
In my opinion, it's mandatory for there to be some sort of in game text chat for lobbies. Something similar to Soul Calibur V's lobbies.

It would make it so much easier to strategize that way if your squad mates don't have a mic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In my opinion, it's mandatory for there to be some sort of in game text chat for lobbies. Something similar to Soul Calibur V's lobbies.

It would make it so much easier to strategize that way if your squad mates don't have a mic.
The wait in between games is long enough, we don't need people typing out long messages.

I've complained about this before, but the amount of time some people take is stupendous. It almost encourages people to go AFK (AFC?) from the game for as long as they want. I understand you wanna spec your character right or buy some shit but it shouldn't take upwards of 5 minutes.

Ties

Banned
Holy crap yes. It took someone 15 minutes to buy a Spectre Pack. Granted, the game glitches out on you sometimes, but at that point you're better off hitting the Ready button so the entire lobby doesn't have to suffer because of you.

There should be a time limit for how long the lobby allows you to stay in if you aren't ready.

eek5

The boot system is so bad as well. Oh 4 people in the lobby? We'll require all 3 of the other people to vote! smh

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy crap yes. It took someone 15 minutes to buy a Spectre Pack. Granted, the game glitches out on you sometimes, but at that point you're better off hitting the Ready button so the entire lobby doesn't have to suffer because of you.

There should be a time limit for how long the lobby allows you to stay in if you aren't ready.
Yup, the system should work like CoD's TBQH.

Nope, whoever is the leader is hosting. Not sure exactly how it chooses who to migrate the host to if the current host/leader leaves, but it won't ever change as long as they stick around.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I spent some credits on two Spectre packs, and they were two of the best I've had, since I got the top two things I wanted - Pack number 1 got me my last character, and the one I wanted badly: the Salarian Infiltrator, plus shottie melee attachment level 2 - and the second pack FINALLY got me the Claymore!

And the setup I was using is as beast as I thought it would be, and more - Salarian Infiltrator with the Geth Plasma Shotgun with Cloak + Energy Drain - one-shotting almost everything on Silver, and I expect the same for gold as well. The surprising extra is that if I charge, then Cloak, then shoot, I still remain cloaked till it runs out to make a getaway if I need to!

Went with that class as a level 1, and carried the team on Silver, number one, plus I was the last guy in Wave 9, and brought the team to victory with that same level 1 Salarian. Boss.

Gonna try out the Claymore with the monster +20% damage + extra melee damage on the Krogan Sentinel tomorrow.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People want to carry less weight so their cooldowns are shorter?

Pistols are generally superior

I thought that SMGs and rapid fire weapons would take down shields and Barriers faster like in ME2, but it seems like its not the case anymore.

Subitai

I carry a SMG and HP at 200%. For me it is good to have the SMG if only to help pin down Banshees in case I random into a reaper run.

I agree Bioware needs to tone down the kick in a patch and/or return them to their shield shredding glory.

Kenaras

I carry a SMG and HP at 200%. For me it is good to have the SMG if only to help pin down Banshees in case I random into a reaper run.

I agree Bioware needs to tone down the kick in a patch and/or return them to their shield shredding glory.

In my opinion, just make shields the opposite of armor. Every shot deals +X damage, then increase the size of all shields to compensate.

Omzz

I have the shittiest luck with Specter packs. 4 times in a row I got an upgrade for the Revenant...and i fucking hate that gun.

Dreamer RD

hI0cM.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZwvXvPfepQ

Human Vanguard is so refreshing after boring Salarian Infiltrator.

Hylian7

I still cannot connect to certain friends in this game. It just endlessly says "Joining game..." I'm playing the PC version.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got all my characters to level 20. I hope I never have to play Soldier or Sentinel ever again in a while... so boring without space magic. :(

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So, either I'm playing it very wrong or is the Turian Sentinel weaker compared to other classes?

I tried using Assault Rifles on him but Guardians are a bane when that happens. Heck, I tried using a Sniper Rifle but its weight makes the cooldown unbearable at times. Also, it's annoying that the Turian can't even roll! WTF? They're not as bullet-sponges as Krogans are and they can't evade quickly? Heck, even a front roll would have sufficed...I wonder what BioWare's goal was in omitting it.

I tried the Carnifex combo, but again, the Guardians are a bitch.

It seems the Turian sentinel doesn't have a proper "stagger" ability that will make shielded opponents stagger and have their shields prop sideways for a good headshot. What to do?

I maxed out Warp and got Overload to 5. I'm still at level 12, but I find that using the class makes my score dip...a lot! Interestingly enough, the enemies that I don't have a problem taking down are Brutes, Banshees and Atlas'. For normal grunts, I find that I almost always have to be nearby an ammo crate since the Assault Rifles (using the Mattock) eat it up like there's no tomorrow.

So, what should I do with this class and am I just using it wrong?

Dr.Acula

Banned
I maxed out Warp and got Overload to 5. I'm still at level 12, but I find that using the class makes my score dip...a lot! Interestingly enough, the enemies that I don't have a problem taking down are Brutes, Banshees and Atlas'. For normal grunts, I find that I almost always have to be nearby an ammo crate since the Assault Rifles (using the Mattock) eat it up like there's no tomorrow.

I dunno, for me, all classes kind of suck until at least level 15.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I dunno, for me, all classes kind of suck until at least level 15.

I don't think that's the case, for me, at least. I used the Adept, Infiltrator classes and I can manage silver runs even when I'm below level 10. It's just this annoying Sentinel that I'm having a hard time justifying playing.

Also, is Tech Armor that useful? I've yet to put a point in it since I don't use it. Should I be running up to enemies and detonating it? I'm just using it as an extra layer of shield. I mean, detonating it means I have to wait for my other powers to cooldown which isn't good.

Yeah, I think I need help from the people here that use this class effectively.

drop a scope on it and shoot them through the mail slot

Doing that now, but it still takes too long - especially if there are a lot of them (on silver and gold). With Vanguards, I charge at them and shoot their heads off when the shield "sways." Infiltrator I just shoot them straight on with my Widow. Adept can use throw to sway the shields too.

Another annoying thing is I've rarely come across any gun upgrades. My Widow is still at level 1...same with my Carnifex. The ones I do upgrade are the shitty ones that I don't even use. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think that's the case, for me, at least. I used the Adept, Infiltrator classes and I can manage silver runs even when I'm below level 10. It's just this annoying Sentinel that I'm having a hard time justifying playing.

Also, is Tech Armor that useful? I've yet to put a point in it since I don't use it. Should I be running up to enemies and detonating it? I'm just using it as an extra layer of shield. I mean, detonating it means I have to wait for my other powers to cooldown which isn't good.

Yeah, I think I need help from the people here that use this class effectively.

Doing that now, but it still takes too long - especially if there are a lot of them (on silver and gold). With Vanguards, I charge at them and shoot their heads off when the shield "sways." Infiltrator I just shoot them straight on with my Widow. Adept can use throw to sway the shields too.

Another annoying thing is I've rarely come across any gun upgrades. My Widow is still at level 1...same with my Carnifex. The ones I do upgrade are the shitty ones that I don't even use. :(
The Carniflex should be accurate without a scope. I've gotten many headshots with it by just aiming and taking it slow. If you're worried, put the armor piercing mod.

For Sentinels, the Krogan tank build is alright. I just don't like how the Krogans play because of the infinite stagger... but on bronze and silver, they're fun as hell.

That feeling when you realize that you are the only person on the team doing the objective in a money round.

-_-
To be fair, it's also easier if the group splits up for the 4-beacon objectives.

rozay

Banned
So, either I'm playing it very wrong or is the Turian Sentinel weaker compared to other classes?

I tried using Assault Rifles on him but Guardians are a bane when that happens. Heck, I tried using a Sniper Rifle but its weight makes the cooldown unbearable at times. Also, it's annoying that the Turian can't even roll! WTF? They're not as bullet-sponges as Krogans are and they can't evade quickly? Heck, even a front roll would have sufficed...I wonder what BioWare's goal was in omitting it.

I tried the Carnifex combo, but again, the Guardians are a bitch.

It seems the Turian sentinel doesn't have a proper "stagger" ability that will make shielded opponents stagger and have their shields prop sideways for a good headshot. What to do?

I use mine for fun on bronze, and as such equip him with a revenant+scope+stability dampener (don't have any other AR mods lol) and it makes the gun accurate enough that a few shots through the window on their shields kills them.

Agreed on the stagger though. Overload works to some degree but it's useless against a guardian unless you can hit them from behind, in which case they fall forwards and lose their shields 90% of the time.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
The Carniflex should be accurate without a scope. I've gotten many headshots with it by just aiming and taking it slow. If you're worried, put the armor piercing mod.

For Sentinels, the Krogan tank build is alright. I just don't like how the Krogans play because of the infinite stagger... but on bronze and silver, they're fun as hell.

To be fair, it's also easier if the group splits up for the 4-beacon objectives.

I don't have the piercing mod yet. :(

I use mine for fun on bronze, and as such equip him with a revenant+scope+stability dampener (don't have any other AR mods lol) and it makes the gun accurate enough that a few shots through the window on their shields kills them.

Do you use it on Silver and Gold challenges? I used the class in Bronze and it was fun, but on Silver and Gold it was hell.

Ties

Banned
Multiplayer Item Pack Unlock List said:
Common

Weapons

• M-3 Predator
  • M-23 Katana
  • M-4 Shuriken
  • M-92 Mantis
  • M-8 Avenger

Weapon Mods
  • SMG Scope
  • Pistol Scope
  • Pistol High Caliber Barrel
  • Assault Rifle Percision Scope
  • Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade
  • Assault Rifle Stability Damper
  • Sniper Rifle Spare Thermal Clip
  • Shotgun Smart Choke
  • Shotgun High Caliber Barrel
  • Shotgun Blade Attachment

Capacity Upgrades

• Cobra Missile Launcher
  • Thermal Clip Pack
  • Ops Survival Pack
  • Medi-Gel

Species Unlocks

• Human Characters (Appearance Unlocks)
  • Pack Specific Bonus
  • Ammo Bonus Items Rank 1 (Recruit Pack Only)
  • Weapon Bonus Items Rank 1 (Recruit Pack Only)
  • Armor Bonus Items Rank 1 (Recruit Pack Only)

Uncommon

Weapons
  • M-5 Phalanx
  • M-22 Eviscerator
  • M-9 Tempest
  • M-12 Locust
  • M-13 Raptor
  • M-27 Scimitar
  • M-97 Viper
  • M-29 Incisor
  • M-96 Mattock
  • M-15 Vindicator
  • Phaeston

Weapon Mods
  • SMG Ultralight Materials
  • Pistol Piercing Mod
  • Pistol Melee Stun
  • Assault Rifle Stability Damper
  • Assault Rifle Piercing Mod
  • Sniper Rifle Extended Barrel
  • Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope
  • Shotgun Shredder Mod
  • Shotgun Spare Thermal Clips
Species Unlocks
  • Turian Soldier
  • Salarian Engineer
  • Turian Sentinel
  • Quarian Infiltrator
  • Asari Vanguard
  • Drell Adept

Pack Specific Bonus
  • Ammo Bonus Items Rank 2 (Veteran Pack Only)
  • Weapon Bonus Items Rank 2 (Veteran Pack Only)
  • Armor Bonus Items Rank 2 (Veteran Pack Only)

Rare

Weapons
  • M-25 Hornet
  • M-6 Carnifex
  • Geth Pulse Rifle
  • Geth Pulse Shotgun
  • M-300 Claymore
  • M-98 Widow
  • Arc Pistol
  • Disciple
  • Graal Spike Thrower
  • M-37 Falcon
  • M-76 Revenant

Capacity Upgrades
Cobra Missile Launcher Capacity Upgrade +1
Thermal Clip Pack Capacity Upgrade +1
Ops Survival Pack Capacity Upgrade +1
Medi-Gel Capacity Upgrade +1

Unique

• Respec Card

Species Unlocks
  • Asari Adept
  • Krogan Soldier
  • Krogan Sentinel
  • Quarian Engineer
  • Salarian Infiltrator
  • Drell Vanguard

Pack Specific Bonus
  • Ammo Bonus Items Rank 3 (Spectre Pack Only)
  • Weapon Bonus Items Rank 3 (Spectre Pack Only)
  • Armor Bonus Items Rank 3 (Spectre Pack Only)
Ultra Rare

Weapons
  • Black Widow
  • M-358 Talon
  • M-99 Saber
  • M-77 Paladin
  • M-11 Wraith
  • Javelin
  • Scorpion
firehawk12 said:
Hrm. Is the piercing mod a blue or a silver mod? I'd spam whatever pack it is to get at least one.
It's silver.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Turian Soldier marksman is hilarious. All my assault rifles are now pin-point automatic sniper rifles.

Ties

Banned
Should I just spam recruit packs till I get weapon mods and its levels? Say, I want my Widow to reach level 10, is it better if I buy recruit packs or will it need to be Spectre packs since I got it from there?
For weapon mods I'd farm the hell out of Recruit packs since the mods applies to all of the weapons in the specific type.

IIRC, you can only get level upgrades for your weapon if you get it again, so you'd have to buy the corresponding pack you got the weapon from.

_woLf

Just finished an incredibly intense game against reapers, wave 10 everyone died except me and one other guy and we managed to take everything down and win the match.

Crazy shit.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Damnit! Played a few rounds as the (Turian) Sentinel and this class s a piece of shit. No, I'm not talking about playing in Bronze and owning it, I'm talking about Silver and Gold. Seriously, what gun can he use? Pistol? It will eat up his bullets and you constantly have to be near an ammo crate. Oh, and he has no dodge move of any kind so good luck in running in a straight line like an ass when against multiple enemies...not to mention he has no "escape" move like any other class.

The Infiltrator has a cloak, Engineers can deploy a bot to distract enemies, Vanguard can charge, adept has stasis, etc. Turian Sentinel? A friggin' armor that explodes! Yeah, Warp and Overload are damaging powers but carrying anything other than a pistol is counterproductive since you can't spam the powers like a madman.

I dunno, this is the only class where I can't carry a team or whatnot. I tried using a sniper rifle, a pistol, an assault rifle but they all don't change the fact that the class has too many "weaknesses."

You're useless in a swarm, Husks aren't that easy to take care of since the character's melee attack is a retarded forward move that moves about inch and only on the front. It's as if the class needs enemies to line up one by one so you can be effective. If they come in droves and you're carrying a pistol, well, then good luck with that.

I'm currently at level 112 and my Turian is at level 14-15. It's such a chore to use this class since I can't dominate like I usually do.

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong and help me because I'm starting to hate Turians now and I don't want to...since Garrus is a bad-ass.

What's the logic on why they can't dodge, anyway?

Started playing around with Adept last night. Holy shit, awesome. My level 2 managed to stay alive in the final round while everyone around him got turned into Brute chow. Sole survivor, baby. Part of me wants to try out the drell Adept, but I doubt I'll ever unlock him. My random teammates had no idea about the Biotic explosion, though, instead opting to keep fucking shooting every time I pulled somebody into a singularity or warped their asses.

Did unlock the turian Soldier last night, but he seems worse to me than the krogan. Hit level 19 with my turian Sentinel, too, so I'll probably be able to promote him soon.

Top Bottom