• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

I think we're in agreement on most points, so I'll just highlight this one. If by "no Pull" you mean "no rank 6 Pull", then yes. If you mean "zero Pull", then no. 6/3/6/5/6 is a popular build which sacrifices very little while keeping Pull. 6/4/6/4/6 and 6/4/5/5/6 are other less-popular options, which I'm personally fond of because AoE Pull is really quite good. It should be noted that the +15% power damage from rank 5 Drell Assassin doesn't apply to biotic detonations, so losing it doesn't hurt as badly as some might think.

Yeah, I thought about that actually after I sent my post. Those other builds would be far more reasonable than outright no Pull. The 6/4/6/4/6 is definitely interesting to me because 5/6 in Assassin aren't critical gains.

I'm curious though, if there's no level 6 in Pull, how much damage does the biotic detonation do? It seems like Cannibals have more life than Assault Troopers or Geth Troopers but they all die with one detonation (sometimes Cannibals survive if they weren't the primary target from Reave, but was in the Pull field as well). If you're not getting that 50% detonation bonus, how long does a Cannibal survive after the detonation? (versus a build with 6 pull)

I only have one respec card but I'm reluctant to use my only one to test this out.

Oh, also, one other reason why I'm hesitant to max Fitness is because the attacks that bother a Drell the most are the super-long-range attacks that immediately drop your shields regardless of how much you have, like the Nemesis sniper, Ravager missiles, Rocket Trooper rockets, Geth Prime projectiles, etc. I've noticed that Krogan Sentinels and Turian Sentinels can sometimes survive these attacks with shields intact, but they have the massive base to go along with the massive damage reduction.

Two other notes: 1) I'm on PC, and usually play with 1-3 friends, filling any other spots with publics. That definitely has an impact on how you play. 2) I don't want to waste anymore time defending zero Pull builds, since it's not a build I personally like. I mentioned it because it's a frequently suggested build when this question is asked on other sites, but in my opinion it only shines when partnered with an Asari Adept.

PC Master Race! I can't wait to upgrade my PC.... akdfja;fjadfja

Cheech

Yup. Second weekend N7 bonus fail. Getting XP in multi is the easiest thing to obtain.

Bioware also needs to get some more bonuses for "prestiging" and importing your class into the main game. Getting a 10 N7 level overall bonus is worthless, and the single player bonus is pitiful as well for importing your multi character into the war.

I can see next weekends' challenge being something like, "finish a silver match with one of each class, and get two free spectre packs" kind of a thing.

Kenaras

I'm curious though, if there's no level 6 in Pull, how much damage does the biotic detonation do? It seems like Cannibals have more life than Assault Troopers or Geth Troopers but they all die with one detonation (sometimes Cannibals survive if they weren't the primary target from Reave, but was in the Pull field as well). If you're not getting that 50% detonation bonus, how long does a Cannibal survive after the detonation? (versus a build with 6 pull)

You're correct on this point. Pull 4 + Reave 6 will deal with Geth Troopers, Assault Troopers, and pretty much any enemy whose shields have been taken out. However, it doesn't deal enough damage to one-shot Cannibals; those suckers have a lot of health.

Mrbob

I can see next weekends' challenge being something like, "finish a silver match with one of each class, and get two free spectre packs" kind of a thing.

I hope so!

Why complain about bonus exp? I'm planning on using it to promote and level characters as a respec :D

Promoting is dumb, though. I have 25 hours into single player and I already more than maxed out my support just by recruiting in the campaign. I think I have around 4500 in support and I can get, what, another 75 by promoting one of my classes? I'm already way past the threshold needed for the final battle. I did it once with my Vanguard class to test it out but I'll never promote again unless Bioware gives me a good reason to do so. My Infiltrator and Engineer classes are already currently bosses and those are my two go too classes for multi at the moment.

Edit: As noted below 25 percent bonus in credits would be a much better incentive!

Orca

Promoting is dumb, though. I have 25 hours into single player and I already more than maxed out my support just by recruiting in the campaign. I think I have around 4500 in support and I can get, what, another 75 by promoting one of my classes? I'm already way past the threshold needed for the final battle. I did it once with my Vanguard class to test it out but I'll never promote again unless Bioware gives me a good reason to do so. My Infiltrator and Engineer classes are already currently bosses and those are my two go too classes for multi at the moment.

You get 75 per promotion, up to what...20 times? That carries over into any future game you start, so your second playthrough could be much easier to get the 'good' ending.

It's better than nothing, but it's not worth getting excited over. If it were a bonus 25% in credits, people would be going nuts.

Yeah, but there's a difference between not 'getting excited' and the reaction. Maybe it's not worth being excited over, but that doesn't really mean it's cause to start complaining either. I swear most gamers would bitch about finding $5 on the street because they had to pick it up themselves or that it wasn't $10.

eek5

I think what it is, is that they see the stats and a lot of people aren't playing gold right now so give XP this weekend then next weekend have a gold challenge or something. It's a bummer that there are no packs to give out though..

I'll just blame it on PS3 wanting to be included :|

Mrbob

You get 75 per promotion, up to what...20 times? That carries over into any future game you start, so your second playthrough could be much easier to get the 'good' ending.

I dunno, this still doesn't do much for me. Bioware needs to figure out better bonuses for promotions. Whether it is getting some weapons or items for promoting characters. Or maybe permanent bonuses. Like every time you promote a character you get the chance to choose between a permanent 1 percent bonus for credits or XP, good for up to 10 percent.

X-Frame

If they gave us a credit boost that means less reasons for people to use real monies to buy packs -- so I don't know how often, if at all, that will happen.

If they gave us a credit boost that means less reasons for people to use real monies to buy packs -- so I don't know how often, if at all, that will happen.

You still have to play the game to get that credit boost. If a person can only play 2 hours a weekend... well, they can still only play 2 hours a weekend.

Kenaras

Speaking of warp and throw: Human Sentinel - Full TA (PDR) with a Power Efficiency III mod is not too effin shabby. Came out on top of a Gold match.

I'm interested in trying out a build like that. One of my Sentinels is specced with a standard 3/6/6/5/6 build, but I'd like to try a max Tech Armor build on the other. I'm just not sure how to spec the rest of the class; probably 6/6/6/4/4, but even then I'm not sure how I'd want to evolve Warp and Throw. Usually I skip the recharge speed evolutions, but with Tech Armor up they might become worthwhile.

Cat Party

I didn't expect that these little weekend deals would be so regular. That's really cool. I don't expect free loot every week. Once in a while is plenty enough for me to be happy.

Probably people farming for credits without playing. Bioware needs to crack down on this.

Ugh, probably. I guess they figure we can at least do the first or second objective round and give them credits faster than what they could get in silver/bronze. There was actually one time we made it to round 8 with just 3 of us playing and 1 guy as AFK, and all the guy had to do was just pick up the controller and just be a better distraction and we could've pulled off all the rounds, but nope. We all got wiped out and sent back to the lobby, and the guy who was AFK had the nerve to "ready up" as soon as we got back to the lobby! Like we were gonna play another round with him! NO WE WON'T READY UP YOU JACKASS YOU JUST LET US ALL DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

It feels like it's impossible to find a decent gold lobby now.

Probably people farming for credits without playing. Bioware needs to crack down on this.

I don't get how you can even farm for credits by purposely not playing a match on Gold. Hell, I haven't even been able to finish a match on Gold with 4 players, let alone 3. Just seems like the person who is AFK will always be in a losing match. If that's the case, what's the point?

I don't get how you can even farm for credits by purposely not playing a match on Gold. Hell, I haven't even been able to finish a match on Gold with 4 players, let alone 3. Just seems like the person who is AFK will always be in a losing match. If that's the case, what's the point?

Sure, it'd likely be a losing effort overall, but the 3 teammates might be able to get through an objective wave or two before losing. And I bet the payoff is bigger for that than going through an entire Bronze game.

Regardless, this is a problem Bioware needs to address.

I figured that too, but as long as the 3 players are competent you can get to round 3 and do the objective in maybe 5-7 minutes, and that's an easy 10,000 credits right there. I haven't done any math on it but I guess the time investment for credit farming while AFK is probably less in gold because of that.

rozay

Banned
Terrible. Just played a game on gold where the last enemy on the map (a geth hunter) was grab-killed and got bugged so it was unkillable -_-

Rapstah

Is there some secret troll to this game that I don't know about? I get booted from 8/10 of the lobbies I join for no apparent reason.

If you're joining completely random games, the game has a dumb way to dump you into gold lobbies without that being immediately apparent. I usually get two angry German people asking me if I can actually beat gold before I leave myself. :(

X-Frame

Terrible. Just played a game on gold where the last enemy on the map (a geth hunter) was grab-killed and got bugged so it was unkillable -_-

Same thing happened to me! I grab killed a Geth rocket trooper and it bugged because of lag or something and it was un-killable.

It chased us around firing rockets at us for about a minute and then it randomly fell through the map somewhere on Reactor and we cleared the wave. Very bizarre.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Be careful, EA can be easy on the ban button if you're exploiting a glitch, especially for credits i bet. Personally i wouldnt want to risk a ban for life for that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So theres apparently a really easy glitch to get credits on 360 now. Anyone come across it? Just did a bit earlier.

Let some brothers know.

As long as it isn't considered exploitation, I may try it out. Although EA usually bans people for life for doing legitimate shit, I'm not sure if I even want to mess around with such.

Petrie

Banned
Please share!!
Id rather not be part of spreading such a thing online, either hit my by PM or add me on XBL: PetriesLastWord

You still have to play for the credits, it essentially lets you continue to restart on Wave 10 if you can find a group of 4 who are interested. Ill host a private lobby on Live if anyone wants to add me and try it out.

Id rather not be part of spreading such a thing online, either hit my by PM or add me on XBL: PetriesLastWord

Contact him on XBL, where Petrie can get you a literal steal on a "slightly-used" XBL account. Just wire some money to his bank account in Russia.

Sorry, Petrie, but color me skeptical.

Troll

Banned
Has anyone finished all maps on Gold? I have one that I have done twice, but that was with my Salarian Engineer that I promoted for the achievement. Now I am running a Krogan Sentinel Melee build and he is more difficult to use on Gold, even being infinitely more powerful.

If anyone wants to give me some pointers or do some hand holding on Live let me know, I'm down.

Petrie

Banned
Contact him on XBL, where Petrie can get you a literal steal on a "slightly-used" XBL account. Just wire some money to his bank account in Russia.

Sorry, Petrie, but color me skeptical.
Nothing like that at all. Just join me in a private game or shoot me a PM if youre that skeptical. I have a decent amount of credibility on GAF, especially over on the FitGAF side in OT.

Those who PMd me or are interested in running a private game (you need 4 players in on it to make it work) add me on LIVE. Ill probably run a few tonight before it gets patched.

Those skeptical, i guess your loss. All we will do is play the game together. I aint selling shit.

Those skeptical, i guess your loss. All we will do is play the game together. I aint selling shit.

I was just playin' around. But you have to admit, the way you sold it at first was pretty sketchy.

Regardless, I'd be too worried about getting caught by EA. They probably won't ban, but they might take your weapons/equipment and bust you back down to Level 1.

Cat Party

I read about the glitch elsewhere. I'm not going to risk it. Seems easy enough to spot who was using it if EA decides to start cracking down.

Petrie

Banned
I was just playin' around. But you have to admit, the way you sold it at first was pretty sketchy.

Regardless, I'd be too worried about getting caught by EA. They probably won't ban, but they might take your weapons/equipment and bust you back down to Level 1.
Hey, maybe I WANT to come across as a sketchy Russian? :)

Top Bottom