• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Abylim

I run a turian Sent now and then, Chain overload with a Mattock is quite effective. Ofcourse it relies on geth, mostly. But definitely ok. I've only ever not been first after a match, and that was one of my first matches I played.
Gotta be doing something right, or everyone else is doing it very wrong, hehe.

GorillaJu

Should I just spam recruit packs till I get weapon mods and its levels? Say, I want my Widow to reach level 10, is it better if I buy recruit packs or will it need to be Spectre packs since I got it from there?

To upgrade a weapon you just get the same weapon over again, so it'll have to be from a pack that can "drop" it. The M-98 Widow is a gold quality item, I think you can only get it from Spectre or Premium Veteran packs. I got mine from a Prem Vet

_woLf

I run a turian Sent now and then, Chain overload with a Mattock is quite effective. Ofcourse it relies on geth, mostly. But definitely ok. I've only ever not been first after a match, and that was one of my first matches I played.

The Mattock is an insanely powerful weapon for any class, really. I use one on my Adept and I'm pretty much always carrying my team now.

Moaradin

I was so excited for Turian Sentinel when I saw it in the demo. Unlocked it and I was so disappointed. Sentinel in general is a pretty weak class because their core ability(the armor ability) is essentially useless unless you are going for a very niche spec like pure melee tank krogan sentinel.

The fact that they have no dodge type ability makes them the hardest to maneuver with. It's like playing ME2 all over again. Turian is my favorite species but I don't want to be a Soldier class.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Is this on Silver and Gold? I use the Mattock and Chain too but I hate it when I always run out of ammo and there are guardians since I don't have the piercing mod yet.

I just tried the soldier class now and I really, really don't like it. It's like the vanilla class with shitty powers. Maybe I'm just spoiled because I started out with the Adept and Infiltrator right away. I'd prefer the Sentinel over the Soldier class but that's not saying much. Heck, when I use the Adept or Infiltrator, I can clear enemy waves by myself on Silver or in early waves of Gold.

What's the best build for a Salarian engineer? I'm assuming that points should be dumped into the abilities while ignoring survivability?

What's the best build for a Salarian engineer? I'm assuming that points should be dumped into the abilities while ignoring survivability?

Mostly.

6/6/6/5/3

Energy Drain: Radius, Extra Shields, Armor Boost
Incinerate: Radius, Recharge Speed, Armor Damage
Decoy: Shields, Shock, Shields/Duration
Salarian Operative: Power damage, power damage
Fitness: First three

Use with a light pistol such as the Phalanx and spam powers and decoys. Wouldn't recommend a sniper rifle because even with the -30% weight, it's still going to slow you down. You want to be spamming powers left and right. +175%+ cooldown is recommended.

Is the Scorpion any good?
No.

Good weapons: the carnifex, the (black) widow, the mantis, the geth shotgun and that krogan shotgun, and a few of the N7 weapons. the rest is pretty much mediocre to terrible. Assault rifles and smgs are not really worth it until Bioware ups their damage significantly. If you got a carnifex, use that instead of an assault rifle, that thing is awesome. The shitty damage from assault rifles is also why the human soldier is pretty bad compared to the other classes, it relies too much on weapon damage. Biotic explosions and tech bursts shit all over weapon damage at the moment.

GorillaJu

Boo. I finally get an N7 weapon and it's a piece? That's lame.

Oh, I have another N7 but it's junk too. How is the best weapon in the game a gold? Talking about the Carnifex of course. I guess the Paladin could be considered better.

Abylim

The Mattock is an insanely powerful weapon for any class, really. I use one on my Adept and I'm pretty much always carrying my team now.

Is this on Silver and Gold? I use the Mattock and Chain too but I hate it when I always run out of ammo and there are guardians since I don't have the piercing mod yet.

I just tried the soldier class now and I really, really don't like it. It's like the vanilla class with shitty powers. Maybe I'm just spoiled because I started out with the Adept and Infiltrator right away. I'd prefer the Sentinel over the Soldier class but that's not saying much. Heck, when I use the Adept or Infiltrator, I can clear enemy waves by myself on Silver or in early waves of Gold.

I have a Mattock X, love it. And yes, this is on silver and gold, but it only really shines against geth. Reapers and Cerb have too many variable/ pain in the ass units. Also, Firebase White seems to be awesome for this, too.

I'd say the class I "main" would be Engineer. I love the Salarian. I play abit of Sentinel, and Vanguard for a change of pace.

Murkas

I asked EA to delete my account months ago, so I tried going online for the first time thinking I will just get an option to make a new one.

Nope, it says my account is banned and I have no further options, Ha. Oh well, no assets for me. Is it true I can't get my readiness on max without online?

I don't know if EA did delete my account or just banned it like ME3 is saying.

So I ran into an 800+ player today.

He was shit. Probably boosted/hacked his way up.

Today's stupidity award goes to the Infiltrator whose thought processes seemed to be like this:

Hey, the rest of my team is dead and there are two objectives left.
[several minutes pass]
Maybe I should go for those!
[he slowly, PAINFULLY goes for them. Yes I actually got physical pains from watching the guy, it was that bad]
Hey what's this thing called 'cloak'?
Banshees after me? Hey what's a missile launcher- oh noes I'm dead.

Failed at wave 10, last objective. Again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
XP farming infiltrators are the worst. I fucking hate those cunts. Complete refusal to play as a team, avoiding all objectives and never helping revive. Too busy camping for kills. Fuck 'em.

Kyoufu

XP farming infiltrators are the worst. I fucking hate those cunts. Complete refusal to play as a team, avoiding all objectives and never helping revive. Too busy camping for kills. Fuck 'em.

Agreed. First thing I do is run to the objective, cloak and hack. Best class for revives too. Fun class :D

I really like Sabotage now. Using it on a Prime scores you a good amount of points and helps the team very well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Agreed. First thing I do is run to the objective, cloak and hack. Best class for revives too. Fun class :D

Half the fun of being an infiltrator is doing just that: cloaking in and out of packs to change position, take objectives, and rescue fallen squadmates. Cloak is invaluable across the board, and so much more than just a damage multiplier.

eek5

People who care about the score leaderboard in general are annoying. Everyone gets the same XP at the end so the further and faster you get, the more XP you get lol

Half the fun of being an infiltrator is doing just that: cloaking in and out of packs to change position, take objectives, and rescue fallen squadmates. Cloak is invaluable across the board, and so much more than just a damage multiplier.

Even more baffling is where you see an infiltrator who never cloaks. It's probably the most integral power of any class... and they don't use it.

It's just so infuriating playing with randoms (and I'm filtering them out by backing out if they look bad). I think in the past 100 games I've failed to come top maybe something like 5 times, usually by a huge margin. And we're talking about where I'm playing all the classes with all kinds of different teammates here, it's not as if I'm host-Vanguarding my way to the top. And I ALWAYS play the objective/revive etc

It's not as if I'm getting hung up on the score, because I pay attention to players doing stuff that won't be reflected on there like revives, objective play, setting up combos, and so on. But with very few exceptions, by any metric most of the players are bad, and I feel like I'm having to carry them. At which point I get irritated because they're getting XP/credits they don't deserve.

People who care about the score leaderboard in general are annoying. Everyone gets the same XP at the end so the further and faster you get, the more XP you get lol

Yeup. But that actually requires some basic intellect.

Walshicus

Closest thing to a Medic class in the game, for sure.

Firebrand

When store purchases "fail", do I actually get the items after I restart and the credits have been subtracted? I wish there was an inventory history.

EDIT: I noticed a new Salarian Infiltrator color option, so I assume that's the rare item I got.

eek5

Even more baffling is where you see an infiltrator who never cloaks. It's probably the most integral power of any class... and they don't use it.
I see this a lot with all classes and it's really mind boggling. I understand you can build your characters out however you want but infiltrators never cloaking? Engineers never overload/energy draining? What the fuck?

Yeup. But that actually requires some basic intellect.

Touche. I'm actually surprised at how dumb the ME3 user base can be sometimes :/

When store purchases "fail", do I actually get the items after I restart and the credits have been subtracted? I wish there was an inventory history.

You get them on the spot but there is no UI showing you the contents of your pack. Have fun trying to deduce what items you got D:

Today I had such a frustrating experience with the game (It wasn't the games fault)
So, basically everyone on my team but me was dead, and there was a ton of Geth troopers, a few hunters, and a prime left.

Since I'm a really low level, I could do little damage and I lost health and biotic barrier easily (I'm a Vanguard)

So, I had to run around the map, occasionally shooting at all of these enemies, slowly and painfully wearing down their numbers, until there was just a prime left. It's down to one chunk of armour, I turn to blast it away with my SMG, when I FUCKING DISCONNECT.

I rarely get pissed in video games, but this was enough to drive me insane, It was the last bloody wave as well, I was SO close to winning this one.

On a sort of related not, does the game save the XP, credits, and Galactic Readiness you gained in a game if you disconnect/leave the game?

Kyoufu

I see this a lot with all classes and it's really mind boggling. I understand you can build your characters out however you want but infiltrators never cloaking? Engineers never overload/energy draining? What the fuck?

Just as bad as Vanguards who take two guns and never use Charge.
LLShC.gif

eek5

Shit. I didn't realize human vanguards are THAT good. Any mob is soloable on Silver. Getting 136k points is just lol

I just hosted my first vanguard match. My conclusion is that it is pretty much mandatory to host because the experience is completely different.

You mean I can charge when I hit Y!? lol

edit: man I just watched some guy spend 5 minutes trying to solo a geth prime, rocket trooper, and pyro as a QI. He used 3 medigels and killed the pyro before wiping out the 3rd time lol

Autofokus

Maybe a dumb question, but I didn't play MP much: Does it matter how much I kill? I thought all XP/Money gets thrown into the pool, with everyone getting the same amount.

Alucrid

Banned
I just hosted my first vanguard match. My conclusion is that it is pretty much mandatory to host because the experience is completely different.

edit: man I just watched some guy spend 5 minutes trying to solo a geth prime, rocket trooper, and pyro as a QI. He used 3 medigels and killed the pyro before wiping out the 3rd time lol

Did he not use sabotage? lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe a dumb question, but I didn't play MP much: Does it matter how much I kill? I thought all XP/Money gets thrown into the pool, with everyone getting the same amount.
You get XP as a team anyway, so I don't know what the point is... unless medals count for the individual who earned them. But they aren't really worth anything on silver/gold.

Random question - is there any point to assault rifles or SMGs? They seem to be shield strippers mostly, but when you have space magic, why bother? DPS seems to be more important, especially against the "heavies".

The netcode in this game definitely needs some work. If something goes missing, the game never seems to update you, ever, leading to the kinds of situation where enemies permanently appear in the wrong place, remain 'frozen' in stasis, etc.

Stuff happens on the internet. When you design netcode you need to include workarounds to handle this instead of assuming it's perfect...

The main benefit is that you shouldn't experience the awful glitch where you die as you charge and get stuck outside/in the map. (Which also needs a fix where the host tells the player "this is where you are damnit, you can stop teleporting around now")

That alone is reason enough. Having your powers work instantly, as well as greatly reducing the amount of time you're vulnerable when those invincibility frames finish is the icing on the cake.

I think you get XP for kills, but this is shared with the entire team. The XP from medals isn't shared, unless it's one that everyone gets like "Survive X waves" or "Full Extraction". But then, the XP from the player-specific ones is negligible anyway. 3K more XP, wow!

ShutEye

What is the best way to build up some cash/credits?

I always feel cash poor in this game. Whenever I run into a player with a similar N-rating I always feel the have much better kit. (fyi I have the geth shotgun & the basic pistol up to lvl IX but thats about it). I've tried spamming recruit packs but you obviously don't get the best stuff there.

I am currently confident enough in my skill set to be functional in Silver with a mid level character (>lvl 10), though I'd prefer to be closer to lvl15.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lo thats the only good shotgun?
Well, there's also the Graal and the Claymore I guess... but everyone rolls GPS. If you're already giving up the weight, you might as well go for more damage. Also, the GPS works at long range with the choke, so can be as effective as an assault rifle.

What is the best way to build up some cash/credits?

I always feel cash poor in this game. Whenever I run into a player with a similar N-rating I always feel the have much better kit. (fyi I have the geth shotgun & the basic pistol up to lvl IX but thats about it). I've tried spamming recruit packs but you obviously don't get the best stuff there.

I am currently confident enough in my skill set to be functional in Silver with a mid level character (>lvl 10), though I'd prefer to be closer to lvl15.
N rating has nothing to do with anything though. I have never prestieged, but I have probably opened several million credits worth of stuff, if not more.

If you can get a Salarian Engineer/Infiltrator, then you can roll Geth Gold farming runs at least. Until then, if you want to get money and don't have, I'd stick to that small map and do fast bronze runs (ie, with a human vanguard).

At the very least, you want to get all the base weapons to X anyway, just to make getting the veteran/spectre packs more worth it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
On a sort of related not, does the game save the XP, credits, and Galactic Readiness you gained in a game if you disconnect/leave the game?

You get zilch. I think I've been screwed out of 100k so far because of disconnects, getting stuck under the map etc.

It feels like I'll never get a Geth shotgun.

Feel the same way about Carnifex/Paladin. It's the only gun(s) I want in the game, yet I never get lucky.

However, I just got Geth Plasma Shotgun 2 earlier, so that will pacify me. Best shotgun in the game, me thinks.

Firebrand

The netcode in this game definitely needs some work. If something goes missing, the game never seems to update you, ever, leading to the kinds of situation where enemies permanently appear in the wrong place, remain 'frozen' in stasis, etc.
Yeah, game gets weird if there's significant amounts of lag. Most often I start repeatedly shifting left and right, or I'll snipe guys and they'll stagger but don't actually take any damage.

Best lag glitch I had was when my ammo rapidly started decreasing until I suddenly wasn't holding a weapon.

Ties

Banned
There was this glitch on Gold where the last surviving Geth trooper was invincible and my team couldn't do anything to eradicate it. I also remember it falling through the floor after 5 minutes, so I just said "screw this shit" and left.

It sucked because it was Wave 10 so I lost all my credits. Bah humbug.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are recruit packs the best to get supplis of medigels and missiles? I'm always short on them and only buying premium veteran packs isnt enough.

Top Bottom